Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
14 On Fire Tour - Rehearsals
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 17, 2013 14:51

They will rehearse in France once again.

Source = Bobby Keys

*If this is already here, please forgive me.*

smoking smiley

Added: Bobby's interview

[www.nj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-17 15:15 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: 14 On Fire Tour - Rehearsals
Date: December 17, 2013 15:16

thumbs up

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 17, 2013 15:26

same place ? they might change to be more "alone"

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: December 17, 2013 17:00

djgab
same place ? they might change to be more "alone"

If the 1st date was in Japan they could rehearse in Fukushima to be more alone.
Opening a tour in Abu Dhabi is the worst thing they could do but with Jagger every thing is possible. Only a question of fame, in a state where laws are at the opposite of rock'n'roll and freedom but where money is. Only money is good for them now. I have just received the grrr superdeluxe and the 4 lps boxset and except for the 7"and the outtakes cd, nothing really good. Vinyls are new but already with kind of stripes or scratches. The design is really shitty. The book is nothing and no respect for their fans because, the way they used to sell a compilation to people who already own all their recordings and on different supports, they put 2 new song, and what songs. When you compare to boxset from others artists, Stones are so far behing the others... All thing are always half done, excpted the "tiroir caisse".

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 17, 2013 17:42

Nice. Thanks for posting..

Bobby Keys is a nice guy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 17, 2013 17:54

photos and videos and reprts as soon as the rehearsals start please

Posted by: stein ()
Date: December 17, 2013 18:27

I guess rehersals will start about 3 weeks before tour kick off

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2013 19:49

I can't wait to read about these fabulous songs they do in rehearsal, then turn around and play the same old shit on stage.

Date: December 17, 2013 20:00

24FPS
I can't wait to read about these fabulous songs they do in rehearsal, then turn around and play the same old shit on stage.

grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 17, 2013 21:37

24FPS
so you know how the glimmers work . it would be so cool to catch them in rehearsal. i would pay a good buck for that .

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 17, 2013 21:42

Don't give them ideas...

Date: December 17, 2013 21:47

TheGreek
24FPS
so you know how the glimmers work . it would be so cool to catch them in rehearsal. i would pay a good buck for that .

They are so much fun to see in rehearsals. Relaxed, playing around with different tunes and well.....playing because they love it. In concert, they have to be "on" and it sort of ruins some of their fun.

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-17 21:49 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 17, 2013 21:59

Cocaine Eyes
TheGreek
24FPS

They are so much fun to see in rehearsals. Relaxed, playing around with different tunes and well.....playing because they love it. In concert, they have to be "on" and it sort of ruins some of their fun.

grinning smiley

I'd pay 500€ for that instead of an Abu Dhabi pit-ticket

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:07

Cocaine Eyes
TheGreek
24FPS

grinning smiley

Funny. In '97 I was lucky enough to get to the broadcast of MTV's "Live at the 10 Spot" at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY. Before going "live" with a nice little five song set ("Dice," "Anybody Seen My Baby," "Sister Morphine," "Out of Control," "Gimme Shelter")they came out and did "Honky Tonk" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" to warm up. (After the broadcast, they did most of a complete show for the house--the extended "Little Queenie" was unbelievable.)

Watching them kind of amble casually to their places as Bernard hit the cowbell is one of my all-time great Stones moments. They were lazy and sleazy and cool in just way the original recording is. Made me so wish that the spectacle and theatrics--impressive as they are--could be dropped more often.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:54

24FPS

It's a shame that the rehearsals don't leak out like the old days. Listening to the stuff they rehearsed w/M Taylor would have eased some of the pain of the limited role he had last year.

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: December 18, 2013 00:24

Hi all.

Surprise, rehearsal shows, can they be expected?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 01:59

"And a couple other countries sprinkled in there' ....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 18, 2013 02:00

Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

Probably not. They dont really need them, I'd imagine.

Although I guess a corporate gig could never be ruled out.

Especially considering the fact that the tour kicks off in the oil rich UAE.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 02:01 by Gazza.

Date: December 18, 2013 02:05

Harm
Cocaine Eyes
TheGreek
24FPS

grinning smiley

I'd pay 500€ for that instead of an Abu Dhabi pit-ticket

Likewise. I'd have traded every show I've seen over the last ten years for that 'public rehearsal' set at Bondy last year. I love fly-on-the-wall stuff like that

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 18, 2013 02:07

Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

It would be weird if there's wasn't. Paris gets the lagniappe again.
Probably sometime around the week prior to the Abu Dhabi show.
They tend not to hit the same club twice so I'd not expect them at the ones they played at last year. If Toronto is any indication, basically be ready to pounce on a location when it leaks and you'll have a pretty good shot at getting in, though you may have to camp out overnight. You'd be amazed at how many people just never go and try thinking "ah there's no way" when in reality it was entirely possible. But I repeat, you may need to book a six day window where you're ready to drop everything at a moments notice.

Update: just read Gazza's post. He probably has a better read on the situation but then again you never know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 02:10 by andrewt.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: December 18, 2013 02:26

What is keith doing in africa? hopefully recording some music with african musicians...

Date: December 18, 2013 02:41

Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

I suspect 1 rehearsal gig for the regular guys who line up in the rain/sleet/snow/heat/sunstroke weather/etc.

And another 1 for the very wealthy who probably won't even know what the songs are.

Nothing is firm at this point, though.

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 18, 2013 03:07

roundnround
What is keith doing in africa? hopefully recording some music with african musicians...

Family holiday.

Date: December 18, 2013 12:59

Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

Waiting outside early february near Paris, don't forget your winter sports clothes and good luck.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 18, 2013 21:19

greenriver
Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

Waiting outside early february near Paris, don't forget your winter sports clothes and good luck.

And bring a jar of Prozac because the surroundings are quite depressing... >grinning smiley<

I wonder what Charlie was thinking when he was driven every day to this gloomy place. "Sure the rent is low but couldn't Mick find a slightly classier place? (sigh)"

Date: December 18, 2013 21:44

dcba
greenriver
Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

And bring a jar of Prozac because the surroundings are quite depressing... >grinning smiley<

I wonder what Charlie was thinking when he was driven every day to this gloomy place. "Sure the rent is low but couldn't Mick find a slightly classier place? (sigh)"

DSK didn't need a palace to do what he wanted to do. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 18, 2013 22:14

The rehearsals will tell us what Taylor's contribution will be.

Date: December 18, 2013 23:22

StonesCat
24FPS

It's a shame that the rehearsals don't leak out like the old days. Listening to the stuff they rehearsed w/M Taylor would have eased some of the pain of the limited role he had last year.

Some of the rehearsals were posted here!

Date: December 18, 2013 23:24

kleermaker
The rehearsals will tell us what Taylor's contribution will be.

Like the last rehearsals did? winking smiley

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: December 19, 2013 01:53

More so, the amount of rehearsal time he's with them.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home