Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Complaints about ticket sales
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:57

A joke, is that the right word to use. To hell with all ticket sellers, and to hell with the Stones for not taking control over these parasites. Dont say they cant do it, they have the power to protect their fans. No more from me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 13:34 by bv.

Re: Australian tour a joke
Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:31

Agreed I threw the tickets back far too expensive!! After 44 years I think it's over for my love of the Stones to fade into the sunset forever - they can go take a flying leap!

And as for the scum scalpers, ticketing agencies & promoters.....grrrr isn't enough emotion.....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:50

On yer page brother.

Was on the radio that Perth sold out "instantaneously". I know no-one out of about 40 of us that got tix. How in fkuk do 15 000 tix sell in under one minute??

Now it's scalper city or don't go.

The Stones deserve a full blown kick up the arse for the way these things are handled.

1000s of tix now in the hands of scalpers and ppl like us miss outré unless we approach them.

Total crap. Not happy.

ps - and this is not a rhetorical question - how in buggery does a concert sell out "instantaneously"?

Date: December 16, 2013 04:58

Bash the scalper, take his tickets.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:12

Was on the radio that Perth sold out "instantaneously". I know no-one out of about 40 of us that got tix. How in fkuk do 15 000 tix sell in under one minute??

How do they sell out? Scalping scum using bots to scrape off the best tickets!As I said in the Melbourne thread too many tickets are held over for overpriced / ripoff packages!

I tweeted the Stones & Frontier earlier said it was a total farce. I know of one seeker who got some $375 tickets but others missed out of couldn't get on.

I got on ok but threw 4 tickets back as I'm out of work at the moment and I couldn't justify $1450. Now I have to tell my 13 year old daughter she won't get to see Charlie!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:13

Sydney Morning Herald:

The Rolling Stones tickets sell out in minutes across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Hanging Rock
Date
December 16, 2013 - 12:54PM
Be the first to comment Read later

Wild Horses (or wild prices) couldn't drag fans away, with tickets to The Rolling Stones' 14 On Fire tour selling out within 90 minutes.

Tickets to the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Hanging Rock dates went on sale at 9am today and were sold out "within minutes," according to a Frontier Touring spokesperson.

VIP ticket packages valued at $1275, which give fans front-row seats, were still available in all cities.

Ticketek at one stage posted an error message on its website, saying that due to the huge number of people attempting to buy tickets there would be a short delay in attempting to access the ticket portal.

Advertisement
Some Perth and Brisbane ticket-holders also faced confusion as Ticketek listed those dates as "allocation exhausted" and "no longer on sale", when in fact they weren't on sale until 9am local time.

Numerous customers have taken to Facebook and Twitter to lodge their complaints. Some received error messages or were unable to log in, while others were unable to purchase tickets after placing them into their online shopping baskets, which can happen if other transactions vying for the same seats occur at the same time.

Online ticket marketplace Viagogo recorded more than 200 searches per minute for Rolling Stones tickets immediately following the sale this morning. While the majority of these searches were from within Australia, 32 per cent of recorded searches were from overseas, indicating that some fans will be travelling Down Under to see Mick Jagger and company in action.

Within minutes, tickets also began to appear on eBay at inflated prices, with tickets to all shows running as high as $5000.

Tickets have also been posted on Gumtree, selling for up to $2500 a pair.

Last week, tickets to the sold out show at Adelaide Oval had surfaced on eBay for up to $3000.

This will be the first time the Rolling Stones have visited Australia since 2006. The 14 On Fire tour follows a string of United States and European shows as part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the band.

Read more: [www.smh.com.au]

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:36

whiskey
A joke, is that the right word to use. To hell with all ticket sellers, and to hell with the Stones for not taking control over these parasites. Dont say they cant do it, they have the power to protect their fans. No more from me.

Are you surprised? Protect their fans, you are joking surely. I will always love The Stones, but I have known for a long time that they are greedy, avaricious old goats.

I'm amazed that there are some people who still don't know this!

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:42

the reality is that it is not a sell out as you can quite easily fork out large amounts of coin for package deals so i don't get the declaration of a sell out when they are holding back tickets for the packages...........

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 16, 2013 06:38

Don't give up guys. The shows are a few months off, and if there are as many tickets in the hands of scalpers as you say, then there is a market that will fluctuate. Monitor the trusted reseller sites, limit the people going ( if you have to go solo, so be it), don't panic, and above all, on e you've bought you're ticket, don't worry about whether you paid too much etc, and enjoy the show.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 16, 2013 06:44

Why is it a joke? The tickets just sold fast. How do you reckon they should protect us?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:15

How's this for a joke.
From whirlpool:

Tony Gas writes...
oh well i got 6 tongue tickets for sydney show

How did you get six tickets with a maximum two-ticket Ticketek rule? I tried right on 3.00pm and couldn't get a single.

User #5724 1303 posts

posted Tuesday at 12:00 pm

I didn't buy six tickets.
Our company got them through another company as a thanks for doing business type thing. So six of us from work are going.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:32

" we dont need no stinkin tickets"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:01

God, it all sounds like when they were gearing up for the North American tour last spring. Wait till you were where those $99 'Lucky Dip' tickets put you. Ah, ha, ha, ha....

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:45

24FPS
God, it all sounds like when they were gearing up for the North American tour last spring. Wait till you were where those $99 'Lucky Dip' tickets put you. Ah, ha, ha, ha....

Given that the $99s were about half the cost of any otherwise available ticket, getting anywhere has to be seen as a good seat.

And if you are referring to the allocations of the USA equivalents in the (Southern) autumn, I know personally several people who paid their $85 and got into The Pit. On what planet is that not a bargain worth trying for?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:57

Tickets + travel to this shows, to me, the same cost as a Ferrari .... I'll buy the DVD instead ... maybe even on Blue Ray version ...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 08:58 by Come On.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 16, 2013 09:11

It actually took a while for momentum to build in the US. Remember that initially, few of the shows sold out, and the first LA show had thousands of people with $85 seats. After that it got a bit harder, but basically anyone who wanted to go for $85 could get a seat in most cities. There were a few complaints from people who received partially obstructed seats, but basically it seemed people were satisfied, even if they ended up in the nosebleeds

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2013 09:30

CaptainCorella
24FPS

Given that the $99s were about half the cost of any otherwise available ticket, getting anywhere has to be seen as a good seat.

And if you are referring to the allocations of the USA equivalents in the (Southern) autumn, I know personally several people who paid their $85 and got into The Pit. On what planet is that not a bargain worth trying for?

I got $85s and didn't get in the pit but on the 12th row beside the stage. phenomenal seats.

EDIT: my point being, and yes, I had a point, hang tough. If you can't afford the astronomical prices, don't do it. Wait for the 'lucky dips' and maybe you too will end up a 'lucky dip'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 09:31 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 16, 2013 09:41

For the U.S. show I attended, I twice walked away from the box office empty-handed because I was looking for the least expensive seats ($175), but finally settled on a $275--of which there were plenty left, even just days before the show.

I can't see how the ticket situation for this new tour leg could be any different.... unless selling strategies have been modified. If you will recall, the higher tier tickets were not selling even as the day of the concert loomed, so promoters had to take quite a soaking by downgrading the prices--$650s for $450s, $450s for $275s--so you have to wonder whether promoters have learned a thing or two from the U.S. leg and have allowed the resellers to be more involved.

If you can't go directly through the box office of the venue and grab a mid-level ticket price 90 minutes after they go on sale, then something is definitely up with selling strategies that wasn't in play for the U.S. leg.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:14

There was no way one could buy a ticket at the venue or elsewhere, everything by phone or online. What chance do you have when they tell you tickets are exhausted before the sale opens.that stuffs up everything. they are hopeless.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:20

You mean you have to have a credit card to buy a Stones ticket? You can't pay by cash? The venues have no box office outlets? Strange. I could never be a Stones fan living in Australia.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:28

Your lucky to be in France Stonehearted

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:36

whiskey
There was no way one could buy a ticket at the venue or elsewhere, everything by phone or online. What chance do you have when they tell you tickets are exhausted before the sale opens.that stuffs up everything. they are hopeless.

Yeah that was a mistake on the website, it was actually referring to the pre sale and had not been updated in days.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:38

U.S. actually, whiskey. Tell me, is it the same for all concerts by all artists, that tickets must be bought by phone or online, or is this exclusively the case for the Stones tour?

Something tells me a modified strategy is at work, so that ticket prices won't have to be downgraded at the last minute.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:45

Patience, friends. There will be tickets.

Date: December 16, 2013 10:46

Sorry Stonehearted I realised later I mixed you up with somene else in France. Dont know about other concerts, I dont go to them these days. I was only interested in the Stones.You had to be on the Pre sale with a code number matched up with your details.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:52

I bought tickets at an outlet today. I didn't ask but I'm sure they would have taken cash?

I only got a receipt though, no tickets yet....

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:52

Ah what a shame. Now it's the turn of our Aussie friends to have their pants pulled down.
All that love and devotion for all those years thrown right back in your face as our "Heroes" demonstrate their utter contempt for every last one of us.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:59

I could never be a Stones fan living in Australia.

Core blimey mate... you ain't half kiddin' ...There probably ain't
many septic-tanks that could even handle the 500 mile trek to the nearest Ticketek

ROCKMAN

Date: December 16, 2013 11:03

Oh, I see, whiskey, you were talking about the pre-sale. Yes, they always do the pre-sale. And I see that jammingwithedward has mentioned that he bought tickets at an outlet, and yes I'm sure you could have payed cash.

I thought something dodgy was happening, but since it was the presale--perhaps they meant by selling out that there were only a limited number available for the presale, and that the vast majority will still be available to the public during the general sale.

Like DP says, there will be tickets, likely even just days ahead of the show, as I obtained mine here in the U.S.

Cheer up, then--I'm sure that whomever wants a ticket will get one, maybe not front and center, but I was toward the back of the arena in the Loge section, but it still sounded great, good and loud. Have a great time at your shows, Down Under!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:05

Wuudy
Why is it a joke? The tickets just sold fast. How do you reckon they should protect us?

You don't think that the tix the brokers have didn't come directly through the promoters and that they don't all, including the stones, share in those profits also? It has nothing to do with "sold fast."

That's part of their plan, all part of how they can make it work at their required take pershow. These profits help offset the few hunbdred cheap seats they have at each show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 11:06 by Rokyfan.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home