Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones On The Road '76: full television documentary
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 12, 2013 01:32

Some footage from this 20-minute UK television special documenting the European leg of their 1976 tour has been incorporated into other documentaries, but I've never seen this full-length, behind-the-scenes period piece before. Includes interviews with fans, roadies, and band members.

Re: Stones On The Road '76: full television documentary
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:10

It's been posted before, but it's well worth seeing again. A great little documentary piece and a rare glimpse into the '75-76 period which isn't well documented backstage-wise (apart from anything that might be in the vaults of course).

Jagger's hairdo at 8:08 grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 12, 2013 03:55

....always cool to watch .... classic Keef ..classic Marlon...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 04:49

Marlon! lol

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 10:55

Agreed, a cracking little special from 1976; I saw this clip before here also, it's missing the last 6 or 7 minutes!

Well worth wathing again!

Date: December 12, 2013 11:09

Great stuff! Thanks for posting.

Date: December 12, 2013 11:29

IrelandCalling4
Agreed, a cracking little special from 1976; I saw this clip before here also, it's missing the last 6 or 7 minutes!

So it was a 30 minute special then? I thought it did end rather abruptly. Perhaps there is a 30 minute version somewhere on YouTube.

EDIT: No luck. It is the same 22-minute clip anywhere you look, and the BFI only provides very limited information and none on the actual original running length.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-12 12:31 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 12, 2013 20:57

Cool footage

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 12, 2013 23:14

Love watching stuff from this tour...I wish there was alot more around. The first time I saw them in France as well, so thank you for posting this up.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 23:30

Musically, my least favorite era. Mick's vocals are so lazy and sloppy. He just shouts and slurs with no attempt at actual singing.

I think that's why 81 was so good. He actually sang again.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 12, 2013 23:38

Nice find stonehearted, I'll settle in with it later. Thanks!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 13, 2013 01:12

Audio only - 26 mins 45 secs
Can't remember if this is the version I taped (from the TV) via cassette at the time - or downloaded a better version since confused smiley
This_Week_special~The_Rolling_Stones_On_The_Road
[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2013 02:29

CMH516
Musically, my least favorite era. Mick's vocals are so lazy and sloppy. He just shouts and slurs with no attempt at actual singing.

Except that he sang two octaves lower than normal...I guess coke'll do that to you!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2013 02:41

Thanks stonehearted...thoroughly enjoyable!

Date: December 13, 2013 02:46

^ Sure thing Treacle, and to all the rest here who have passed on a word of thanks.

Doing a search--after I posted--I see there was indeed a thread here late last year on the subject, but which only included the audio file posted above by Zagalo.

So the video version is new to the forum--at least I think it is--since the YouTube clip was only uploaded in April of this year, and quite a fun time capsule it is--you never heard Charlie so talkative and enthusiastic as he was in this particular mini-doc.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 13, 2013 04:08

Was there a link? Can you repost it?

Date: December 13, 2013 10:27

nightskyman

This was the thread from a year ago, only to see the video you had to download a file: [www.iorr.org]

There was also a nearly 7-minute YouTube segment posted a few months before that: [www.iorr.org]

Date: December 13, 2013 12:23

treaclefingers
CMH516

Except that he sang two octaves lower than normal...I guess coke'll do that to you!

He grew up! He still hit the high notes on Whip perfectly, though...

Date: December 13, 2013 12:25

stonehearted
^ Sure thing Treacle, and to all the rest here who have passed on a word of thanks.

Doing a search--after I posted--I see there was indeed a thread here late last year on the subject, but which only included the audio file posted above by Zagalo.

So the video version is new to the forum--at least I think it is--since the YouTube clip was only uploaded in April of this year, and quite a fun time capsule it is--you never heard Charlie so talkative and enthusiastic as he was in this particular mini-doc.

This docu is on the SG/Fort Worth/SNL rehearsals-bootleg DVD. I think I have the full version there...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 13, 2013 23:14

Great little movie. I have also seen it on this board before but it's great to see it again.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 01:13

Doesn't that just make you long for the old days and wish things were still that great far as this bands concerned? And they weren't even new then but already an ageing rocknroll band being asked each time if this was indeed the last time. Man there's been a hell of a lot more of them since 1976. Too bad all the best was done by 1981 with Tattoo You and they've done nothing close to 70's Stones ever since.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 02:51

stonehearted
nightskyman

This was the thread from a year ago, only to see the video you had to download a file: [www.iorr.org]

There was also a nearly 7-minute YouTube segment posted a few months before that: [www.iorr.org]

Ah, thank you

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 16, 2015 13:54

Has anyone ever found the illusive full 30-minute version of this documentary?

I just came across the 22-minute one on youtube - pretty enjoyable, tho I've seen much of it before as excerpts smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 16, 2015 14:28

Fabulous doc, hadn't seen it for a while! How do we know there's a 30 minute version ?

Which reminds me I need to track that concert video I saw in a terminal Ferry in Zeebrugge in the early 80s that had my parents pretty appalled...not sure what it could have been, something from Europe 73 possibly.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 16, 2015 14:30

gotdablouse
Fabulous doc, hadn't seen it for a while! How do we know there's a 30 minute version ?

Which reminds me I need to track that concert video I saw in a terminal Ferry in Zeebrugge in the early 80s that had my parents pretty appalled...not sure what it could have been, something from Europe 73 possibly.

Date: December 12, 2013 10:55

Date: March 16, 2015 17:12

Maybe not 30 minutes, but the version I have is 26 or 27 minutes anyway; I'm fairly sure I got it on YouTube. Obviously someone uploaded the full documentary, it was sometime last year, I'll do a search later on and try and find whre I got the full version from.

I had previously had the full version on video - one was dubbed with a German voice and I couldn't hear a damn word the Stones were saying, but I did manage to find it in English eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 17:13 by IrelandCalling4.

Date: March 16, 2015 17:16

Just found it:

[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy!! Cracking special!

Date: March 16, 2015 17:16

26:45, seemingly smiling smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 13, 2013 01:12

Audio only - 26 mins 45 secs
Can't remember if this is the version I taped (from the TV) via cassette at the time - or downloaded a better version since confused smiley
This_Week_special~The_Rolling_Stones_On_The_Road
[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 16, 2015 19:33

That guitar Keith is playing in the tune up room session at 05:45 gets me every time. Simple open G stuff but the tone and phrasing is so Stones, great stuff.

Obviously, not the best era for Mick vocally.

peace

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:35

I think a lot of people still don´t get it, that being on the road, like the Stones did and still doing now, is a total punch on your body system, the image of a lazy old fart, Keith Richards, is absolutely wrong!
You don´t play shows like these, if you´re TOTALLY out of it!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home