Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 29, 2017 02:06

potus43
whitem8
Yes meekscary we know your taste. Why waste your time on this thread? Move on to something you enjoy more!

Stop attacking me please.

Then how about stop trolling every Beatles-related topic on this site?
Stay away, if you don't have something interesting to contribute with.
We do get that you don't like The Beatles, so unless you want to argue about WHY you feel they are overrated or something similar, then stop your tiresome and stupidly formulated posts. "mickscary", "michaelsavage" or "potus43" are profile-names of a person, who obviously doesn't have enough value in his life other than trolling a Beatles thread on a Stones site. Sad.

Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: April 29, 2017 17:26

I worked with both groups-made this little video from an interview..Stones and Beatles Magic.... A few times on the US tours I was told by the stage room security guards.."The Beatles were here before --the Stones are nicer..." they probably said the same things to the Beatles crew.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 23:20

Blueranger
potus43
whitem8
Yes meekscary we know your taste. Why waste your time on this thread? Move on to something you enjoy more!

We do get that you don't like The Beatles, so unless you want to argue about WHY you feel they are overrated or something similar, then stop your tiresome and stupidly formulated posts. "mickscary", "michaelsavage" or "potus43" are profile-names of a person, who obviously doesn't have enough value in his life other than trolling a Beatles thread on a Stones site. Sad.

Now you are attacking. STOP IT!

Date: April 29, 2017 23:33

potus43
Blueranger
potus43
whitem8

Now you are attacking. STOP IT!

Of course I do. Because obviously, you don't get the message, not even politely.
I'll say it again and in big capital letters: GO AWAY!

Date: April 29, 2017 23:35

YOU go away TROLL!

Date: April 29, 2017 23:42

potus43
YOU go away TROLL!

You know what? Being on the same forum for years, posting under different aliases and only contributing with attacks on The Beatles, THAT'S Trolling in it's truest form.

Maybe I'll be talking to deaf ears here and you might as well ignore it, but I don't think you are sane. Otherwise, you must have a poor life, if this is all you can contribute with.

I don't want to continue discussing this idiotic topic, because you will obviously continue trolling under different names, so this will be my last statement towards you: GET A LIFE.

Date: April 29, 2017 23:48

YOU get a life BULLY. Your new name BULLY TROLL. You better stop NOW!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 30, 2017 02:07

Blueranger
potus43
YOU go away TROLL!

You know what? Being on the same forum for years, posting under different aliases and only contributing with attacks on The Beatles, THAT'S Trolling in it's truest form.

Maybe I'll be talking to deaf ears here and you might as well ignore it, but I don't think you are sane. Otherwise, you must have a poor life, if this is all you can contribute with.

I don't want to continue discussing this idiotic topic, because you will obviously continue trolling under different names, so this will be my last statement towards you: GET A LIFE.

He has to troll under different names because he's been banned under his previous incarnations.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 30, 2017 03:06

It's a bit Catch-22 posting this, but the way to deal with Trolls is to ignore them.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 30, 2017 03:12

CaptainCorella
It's a bit Catch-22 posting this, but the way to deal with Trolls is to ignore them.

Exactly! thumbs up

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 30, 2017 03:16

Brian Ray, a guitarist of Paul McCartney’s band, is in Tokyo now.
His profile is interesting.

At 17, Brian’s career as a pro musician was set in motion by wildman Phil Kaufman - a tour manager who notoriously stole the body of singer Gram Parsons, then set fire to it in the desert.
Though Kaufman had pulled the stunt to honor a pact he made with Parsons, he was nevertheless arrested and heavily fined.
Kaufman set up a benefit concert to help cover his body-snatcher expenses, and teenage Brian’s garage band was booked to play “The Monster Mash” at Kaufman’s “Koffin Kaper Koncert.”

Kaufman took young Brian under his wing, and a couple weeks later, while they were at the Troubadour on the Sunset Strip, he introduced Brian to blues singer Etta James, who was then on the verge of a comeback.
A few months later, Brian - who remembers being “struck by Etta’s fire and intensity” - signed on as her musical director and guitarist, a position he would hold for 14 years.

During their time together, Brian led Etta’s band at events like the renowned Montreux Jazz Festival (see a clip of them performing “I’d Rather Go Blind” on the Festival’s website here).
The two of them also shared a stage with iconic musicians like Van Morrison, John Lee Hooker, and even the Rolling Stones, whom Etta toured with in the Some Girls era.

Date: April 30, 2017 14:16

Deltics
Blueranger
potus43
YOU go away TROLL!

He has to troll under different names because he's been banned under his previous incarnations.

And isn't that just sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 20:10 by Blueranger.

Date: April 30, 2017 19:57

YOU are the troll king as apparently you go on this site non-stop to ATTACK me. Stop it!!!

Date: April 30, 2017 20:07

Nope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 20:10 by Blueranger.

Date: April 30, 2017 20:30

OK I report you. Get a life

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 20:44

potus43 on one is attacking you. Long time Stones fans and posters on this board are asking why to you waist your time and energy posting on a thread where you have no interest in contributing to. Just move on and devote your time and energy to posting on things you can contribut to and enjoy contributing to. Enough.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2017 21:10

This is deva vu.
potus (or whatever name they currently go by) posts his/her dislike about the beatles one way or another without any explanation whenever this thread pops back up.
He/she is then called out for being a troll again. potus then claims he/she is being viciously attacked. The dust settles, and potus crawls back under his/her rock for awhile.
Then it starts all over again...and again....and again....and the cycle continues. It's all predictable by now and potus should simply be ignored.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:32

Your right Hairball, stating that the Beatles sucks is Ok but without any explanation or statement is weird .
....just ignore him/here and they will disappear..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 01:24 by NICOS.

Date: April 30, 2017 22:33

See now YOU are attacking me

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:43

Nineteen posts in a row, all of page 97 so far, battling this ignorant troll. The troll is probably laughing hysterically about it. Notice how the troll keeps coming back for more.

Let's "get back" to what matters, the music, and just "Let It Be": [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 30, 2017 22:51

Let ME be.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:58

From Ultimate Classic Rock yesterday:

New Yorkers Get a Special Preview of the Beatles’ ‘Sgt. Pepper’ Reissue
By David Chiu April 29, 2017 9:49 AM

Sgt. Pepper

The Beatles‘ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is generally considered the greatest album ever, so what more can be improved upon something that is already perfect? Actually a substantial amount, if you were part of the team that worked on the upcoming highly-anticipated reissue of Sgt. Pepper for its golden anniversary.

At an exclusive private listening event held on April 28 at New York City’s World of McIntosh, attendees got an early preview of the new mix of the classic record, which will released next month as an special anniversary edition whose configurations feature the original album presented in stereo and 5.1 surround sound, accompanied by previously unreleased outtakes from the recording sessions.

The event was presented by producer/engineer Giles Martin, the son of legendary Beatles producer George Martin, who worked on the new Sgt. Pepper mix with Sam Okell. Held inside a cozy upstairs brick-walled room surrounded by speakers, turntables and leather couches, the occasion hearkened back to the old days when rock journalists and hangers-on would attend playback events thrown by the record companies when a new album arrives.

With the sounds emanating from the various McIntosh speakers throughout the room, Martin talked about and demonstrated the differences between the previous stereo version of Sgt. Pepper and this new stereo mix as he played tracks such as “She’s Leaving Home” and “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.” “When music is heard,” he explained, ”it should shoot out of the speakers. There’s an immediacy that we tried to get out of the mix.”

He also played a previously unreleased outtake of “Fixing a Hole,” which began with some studio chatter, then the familiar harpsichord sounds followed by percussion and then vocals. “It shows that they just played as a band,” said Martin afterwards. “They just played the right sounds…They threw ideas at everything.”

Following Martin’s presentation, the seated attendees spent the next 39 minutes listening attentively to the new mix of Sgt. Pepper in its entirety. Even if you heard the album many times, the new mix made Sgt. Pepper sound more vibrant and dynamic than your worn-out vinyl or CD copy, revealing both noticeable and subtle touches that perhaps you forgotten about or took for granted.

For example in several instances, Ringo Starr‘s drumming throughout the record was more prominent this time around, probably much to his satisfaction now. The guitar playing seemed to stand out more on “Getting Better” and “Fixing a Hole” than before; the new mix of “She’s Leaving Home,” sung by Paul McCartney and accompanied by John Lennon, sounded contemporary as well as dramatic, befitting the song’s storyline. The whimsical and dizzying sounds on the Lennon-sung “Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!” and “Good Morning Good Morning” also came to the fore. Through this new mix of Pepper, one could really hear the drone amid the sitar and other Indian instruments on George Harrison‘s spiritual “Within You Without You.” And of course, that famous piano chord at the conclusion of “A Day of the Life” still resonated on this latest edition of the album.

Whether it was because the music of Sgt. Pepper still sounded timeless, the experience of listening to the new mix in this setting was so absorbing, or a combination of the two–the attendees stood up and clapped when the playback was finished. Afterwards, Martin and Jeff Jones, the CEO of Apple Corps, further spoke about the new special anniversary edition of Sgt. Pepper and answered questions from the audience, ranging from the inclusion of the singles “Penny Lane” and “Strawberry Fields Forever” on the reissue packages (they’re not on the single CD version), to going through the session outtakes and deciding what was worthy for inclusion. Asked what was revealing to them during the project, Jacobs said that the vocal harmonies came across, while Martin added: “I realized each song sounded better next to each other. I realized what an album is.”

Meanwhile, the general public will be able to realize themselves what an album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was and still is, when the special anniversary edition of the record comes out on May 26 in four configurations: a standard CD, a deluxe 2-CD set, a deluxe 2-LP vinyl set, and a super deluxe 4-CD/DVD/Blu-ray boxed set.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2017 23:00

The best defense against an individual with anti-social personality disorder who seeks to ruin the enjoyment of others is to stay on topic, with positive energy.

All You Need Is Love: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 30, 2017 23:05

True. Blueranger should practice that. Thank you!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 30, 2017 23:42

I presume here are some Beatles experts. I wrote this on another thread, maybe you here know the answer:

the B sides
Date: April 15, 2017 17:39

The Beatles starting at No. 37 with Strawberry Fields sounds intersting to me. I would have thought they usually went in right on No. 1 or at least Top 10 being No. 1 in week 2. But wasn't Strawberry Fields Forever something like their first non-Beat-singles?!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 1, 2017 00:39

HERALD SUN --- 1 May 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: May 1, 2017 01:23

NICOS
Your right Hairball, stating that the Beatles sucks is Ok but without any explanation or statement is weird .
....just ignore him/here and they will disappear..

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 1, 2017 01:24

stonehearted

All You Need Is Love: [www.youtube.com]

In the early 1980s, as a result of applying for a Grant to buy some old films (long irrelevant story) I met someone called Derek Burrell-Davis.

At about the same time I had a colleague called Leila who I realised was, by total chance, his daughter.

In 1988 Mark Lewishon published the Beatles Sessions book, and I spotted that the TV producer of the above segment was .... Derek Burrell-Davis!

It turned out that Leila had been at the pre-broadcast run through. Not bad.

She also had an acetate that her dad had obtained of the actual broadcast - not the same as the released single which had some overdubbing. That was nice to hear.

There are several accounts of The Beatles giving Derek an acetate of the rough cut of the song so that he could plan the TV broadcast properly. It definitely existed, but when I told Leila about it being missing, and very valuable, several searches of the family home didn't uncover it. Sadly.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: May 1, 2017 01:40

potus43
See now YOU are attacking me

No, I'm not attacking you it's the lack of statements that I miss just explain why they are not good.........and name a bad song....and one great there must be one out of the hundreds!!!!!!!.....what am I doing I just said ignore him .....case closed for me.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 1, 2017 01:45

JJHMick
I presume here are some Beatles experts. I wrote this on another thread, maybe you here know the answer:

the B sides
Date: April 15, 2017 17:39

The Beatles starting at No. 37 with Strawberry Fields sounds intersting to me. I would have thought they usually went in right on No. 1 or at least Top 10 being No. 1 in week 2. But wasn't Strawberry Fields Forever something like their first non-Beat-singles?!

It was a double 'A' side with both sides charting, Penny Lane entered at no. 50.
This may have impacted on the chart performance.
Over the next few weeks Penny Lane went up to 15, 3 and then to number 1 for two weeks before dropping to no. 4..
Over the same period Strawberry Fields went up to 26, 13, 13, 11, 10.
Complete editions of Cashbox here: [www.americanradiohistory.com] Start at February 25, 1967.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home