Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 27, 2022 16:17

Oh yeah! was wondering if they would do a roof top release. Best news today by far!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 27, 2022 16:45

The Beatles: Get Back-The Rooftop Performance - complete, newly mixed Audio to debut for global Streaming - [TheBeatles.com] :

1 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 4:43
2 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 3:24
3 - Don't Let Me Down (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 3:22
4 - I've Got A Feeling (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 4:43
5 - One After 909 (Rooftop Performance) - 3:09
6 - Dig A Pony (Rooftop Performance) - 5:52
7 - God Save The Queen (Rooftop Performance / Jam) - 0:25
8 - I've Got A Feeling (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 5:35
9 - Don't Let Me Down (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 3:29
10 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 3) - 3:46

[www.Qobuz.com] - 96kHz/24bit , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 27, 2022 18:32

I'm wondering if The Rooftop Performance is just that sequence from the third part of Get Back, or is it a different edit that just stays on The Beatles on the roof rather than showing interviews on the street as the music is playing?

I liked this article on Get Back:
[ianleslie.substack.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 27, 2022 18:37

loog droog
I'm wondering if The Rooftop Performance is just that sequence from the third part of Get Back, or is it a different edit that just stays on The Beatles on the roof rather than showing interviews on the street as the music is playing?

I liked this article on Get Back:
[ianleslie.substack.com]

Yes, thanks for sharing that. Watching the series my own assessment is the same. It's as though you're immersed in their day to day lives for a period. It's fascinating to see what amazing things can be the result of just being together and working. I consider Get Back a valuable historical document. I would hope that one day we'd get an expanded Sympathy for the Devil, without the One Plus One 'activist' cutouts.

Date: January 28, 2022 19:10

From [TheBeatles.com] - "January 28: Norah Jones will release two rooftop tribute performance videos of Beatles songs from the Let It Be album, recently filmed with her band on the rooftop of New York’s Empire State Building. The two performances, 'I’ve Got A Feeling' and 'Let It Be' will debut on Norah Jones’ YouTube Channel" :

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

Norah Jones (born 1979) is the daughter of Sue Jones (a New York concert producer) and Indian sitarist & composer Ravi Shankar.

Date: January 28, 2022 22:44

By now I suppose we all know there's not too much dialogue in the audio. Think they did a great job on this. Also since it's digital only I'm wondering there would be a RSD type of release. Would be really nice as a color vinyl (maybe splatter) with great photos like this cover.

Date: January 29, 2022 15:35

From [TheBeatles.com] - "The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame announces a groundbreaking featured exhibit, titled The Beatles: Get Back to Let It Be, set to open on March 18, 2022 and run through March 2023. An immersive complement to Peter Jackson’s 'Get Back' docuseries, the multimedia exhibit will welcome fans to step into The Beatles’ January 1969 rehearsals, sessions, and witness the band’s final rooftop performance, surrounded by large-scale projections and superior sound. The scene is thrillingly set with original instruments, clothing, handwritten lyrics, and other unique items, including several on loan directly from Beatles principals. Special events to be hosted by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame during the exhibit’s run, including interviews, film screenings, panels, and more will be announced throughout the year."

[www.RockHall.com]

From [TimesOnline.com] :

" 'Beatles: Get Back to Let It Be' exhibit opening at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

CLEVELAND — Beatles fans have been loving the renewed focus on the Fab Four's legendary January 1969 rehearsals, studio sessions and rooftop concert that became the band’s final live performance. Fans can dig deeper into those groundbreaking moments once The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame opens its newest exhibition, 'The Beatles: Get Back to Let It Be,' on March 18.

The exhibition, curated by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, is an immersive complement to Peter Jackson's docuseries, 'The Beatles: Get Back.' which has been a sensation streaming on Disney+. 'The Beatles have had a massive, global impact across generations,' Greg Harris, president & CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, in Cleveland, said in a press release. 'We are excited to welcome a diverse mix of fans from around the world to experience this exhibit and are grateful for the support of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, the estates of John Lennon and George Harrison, Apple Corps Ltd., and Peter Jackson for helping us tell this important story.'

Visitors will experience The Beatles’ creative journey through the exhibit’s original instruments, clothing and handwritten lyrics used by The Beatles and seen in the film, including items loaned directly by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and the estates of George Harrison and John Lennon. The exhibit will feature high-definition film clips, audio and custom projections, transporting fans into The Beatles’ vibrant world of January 1969.

Some of the exhibit’s unique items include:

- McCartney's black and gray shirt worn in the studio, and handwritten lyrics for 'I've Got A Feeling.'
- Starr's maple Ludwig drum kit and his borrowed red raincoat from the rooftop performance.
- Lennon's iconic eyeglasses, Wrangler jacket, an Epiphone electric guitar, and handwritten lyrics for 'Dig A Pony.'
- Harrison's pink pinstripe suit and handwritten lyrics for 'I Me Mine.'

Fans also will hear audio engineer, producer, and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Glyn Johns' record acetate from the sessions and iconic photography by Linda McCartney and by Ethan Russell, who documented the band’s January 1969 rehearsals, sessions, and rooftop performance, and whose photos are featured in the 'Let It Be' album art.

Like Jackson's 'Get Back' docuseries, the exhibit shows how The Beatles composed and recorded many of their famous songs from scratch. The exhibit's three screening rooms feature a selection of footage from each location from the docuseries: Twickenham, Apple Studios and the Apple Corps rooftop. 'The footage from the recording sessions and conversations turn the clock back to 1969, showing the intimacy, joyousness, and humor as The Beatles write and record songs for 'Let It Be' and some songs featured on 'Abbey Road' and future solo albums,' the press release said. Of course, the Rock Hall's online store and onsite merch shop will expand their collection of Beatles apparel, accessories, multimedia, and more. Visit
[www.RockHall.com] for more information."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-29 16:00 by Irix.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 29, 2022 15:55

I was thinking the other day that the reason the idiots at the RnR HoF finally got around to inducting Billy Preston--after years and years, and scores of lesser talents being selected before him--was probably because someone there got word of his significant appearance and importance in the upcoming Get Back film.

So they got ahead of it, and got him in. But just barely.

There is a moment in Part One where the Beatles are sitting around and jamming on oldies, when Lennon starts this riff, and it was so familiar... he was playing the opening of "I Saw Her Standing There" but it sounded exactly like the version he did five years later when he guested at Madison Square Garden with Elton John.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 29, 2022 17:40

From [TheBeatles.com] - "On SiriusXM, The Beatles Channel will debut “The Rooftop Concert Special” tomorrow at 11am EST, presenting The Beatles’ entire rooftop performance with commentary by Beatles historian, author, and radio producer Kevin Howlett. The special will re-air throughout the weekend on The Beatles Channel and will also be available to stream on the SXM App."

From [Blog.SiriusXM.com] - "Listen to the premiere of The Rooftop Concert Special on January 28 at 11am ET, with rebroadcasts on January 28 at 9pm ET; January 29 at 3pm ET; January 30 at 11am ET; February 2 at midnight ET; and February 3 at 1pm ET. The full special will also be available on the SXM App." There's a button in the Blog which leads to the Stream - [Blog.SiriusXM.com] .

Date: January 29, 2022 17:50

From [TheBeatles.com] - "January 29, The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil will debut a rooftop performance tribute video for “Get Back” (LOVE Version), featuring cast members from the acclaimed stage production, now in its 15th year of wowing audiences at The Mirage Las Vegas. The performance video will debut on Cirque du Soleil’s YouTube Channel" :

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: January 29, 2022 17:55

Irix
From [TheBeatles.com] - "January 29, The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil will debut a rooftop performance tribute video for “Get Back” (LOVE Version), featuring cast members from the acclaimed stage production, now in its 15th year of wowing audiences at The Mirage Las Vegas. The performance video will debut on Cirque du Soleil’s YouTube Channel" :

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

I hate to get judgmental and this is my opinion only but...horrific.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 30, 2022 12:15

What stands out is the outstanding sound quality. I have never heard the Beatles so powerful. Why is that not also possible with recordings of the Stones? Instead, we've been getting the Sam Wheat crap for years. Most recently he screwed up Wembley 82. Miami 94 is an outrage. And Atlantic City is anything but good!

Irix
The Beatles: Get Back-The Rooftop Performance - complete, newly mixed Audio to debut for global Streaming - [TheBeatles.com] :

1 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 4:43
2 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 3:24
3 - Don't Let Me Down (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 3:22
4 - I've Got A Feeling (Rooftop Performance / Take 1) - 4:43
5 - One After 909 (Rooftop Performance) - 3:09
6 - Dig A Pony (Rooftop Performance) - 5:52
7 - God Save The Queen (Rooftop Performance / Jam) - 0:25
8 - I've Got A Feeling (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 5:35
9 - Don't Let Me Down (Rooftop Performance / Take 2) - 3:29
10 - Get Back (Rooftop Performance / Take 3) - 3:46

[www.Qobuz.com] - 96kHz/24bit , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com]

Date: January 30, 2022 12:40

From [TheBeatles.com] - "January 30, the 53rd anniversary of The Beatles’ rooftop performance, Disney/Apple Corps Ltd./WingNut will present a special screening event exclusively at IMAX theaters in the US and UK of 'The Beatles: Get Back-The Rooftop Concert'. The 60-minute feature presents The Beatles’ complete rooftop performance following a brief introduction. The special event screenings will begin with an exclusive filmmaker Q&A."

"A global theatrical engagement of the 60-minute feature, 'The Beatles: Get Back–The Rooftop Concert,' will then run February 11-13, 2022." - [www.TheBeatles.com] , [iorr.org] .

Date: January 30, 2022 13:45

London, 3 Savile Row rooftop nowadays ....

Bing.com/maps - Bird's eye view

.... and on 30-Jan-1969:

'Get Back' - Docuseries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 14:35 by Irix.

Date: January 30, 2022 16:48

Nice rooftop comparison pictures. Wonder if anyone has been allowed to make a pilgrimage there.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 30, 2022 17:13

I just looked at showtimes in my area for the Get Back concert film. It's only playing at noon today (same time as NFL playoffs) & costs $22 for a 1 hour film. Sadly, I'm going to have to take a hard pass on that one.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2022 17:29

Fur coats for men (or women) - you wouldn't get away with that today. The Beatles were seen as progressive then - sometimes I wonder in what way?

Date: January 30, 2022 18:41

Stoneage
Fur coats for men (or women) - you wouldn't get away with that today. The Beatles were seen as progressive then - sometimes I wonder in what way?

Well, they'd be 'faux coats' now. They were progressive for their time, but that needle gets moved and new generations see that as the floor, and progress from that new point.

I see that as a positive, your looking at them wearing fur coats wondering how they could be considered progressive.

Mission accomplished...and still being accomplished.

Date: January 30, 2022 19:03

No, I understand that Treacles. Fur coats was a non-issue then of course. The Beatles was a product of their time. Just like we are now.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 30, 2022 23:55

Yes, fur = a non-issue.

He borrowed his g/f's, soon to be wife's fur coat.
The Stones were known for wearing their partners' clothing for a time.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 23:59 by angee.

Date: January 31, 2022 00:03

Irix
London, 3 Savile Row rooftop nowadays ....

Bing.com/maps - Bird's eye view

.... and on 30-Jan-1969:

'Get Back' - Docuseries

The shot of that person on the building to the right...walking down...what a fire escape? Where does it go? Don't see it the shot from 'today'. Notice they painted the building on the corner further to the right white from green.

Interesting shot. I think they should do a special screening on the same rooftop with a big screen projection and amped with really good sound, and block off the surrounding area for a couple of hours.

Date: January 31, 2022 00:10

He seems to be living dangerously. Literally one slip away from death. What is he doing?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2022 00:18

He spotted a penny down there on the ledge ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 31, 2022 00:20

!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 31, 2022 07:54

treaclefingers

Interesting shot. I think they should do a special screening on the same rooftop with a big screen projection and amped with really good sound, and block off the surrounding area for a couple of hours.

And precisely how would any audience in the street SEE the performance?

Those central London streets are quite narrow, and the buidings lining them are 4+ levels. Canyons.

The invisibility was among the reasons they did it there!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 31, 2022 11:40

CaptainCorella

And precisely how would any audience in the street SEE the performance? Those central London streets are quite narrow, and the buidings lining them are 4+ levels. Canyons.

3 Savile Row from street level:

Google Streetview

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-31 12:05 by Irix.

Date: January 31, 2022 12:00

Question for those who saw the IMAX special screening event - was the rooftop-performance shown 'uninterrupted' (Beatles only) or was it the same cut as in the Disney docuseries with policemen and interviews ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-31 15:00 by Irix.

Date: January 31, 2022 14:56

Irix.......
it started with a Q&A session via a Live link to Peter Jackson in Wellington. He ended up by saying how jealous he was of everyone having the opportunity to see the footage on an IMAX screen which apparently does not exist in NZ.
I haven't seen the Disney+ series but did go to a cast and crew preview screening in Leicester Square and the version shown last night was 'uninterrupted' but there was a split screen with the policemen and street level interviews shown alongside.
The IMAX sound was fantastic, crisp and LOUD.

Date: January 31, 2022 15:00

Manofwealthandtaste

the version shown last night was 'uninterrupted' but there was a split screen with the policemen and street level interviews shown alongside.

Thanks for the update. Sounds it was the same cut as in the Disney docuseries with policemen and interviews. With 'uninterrupted' I meant that they show the rooftop-performance with the focus of Beatles only.

Date: January 31, 2022 15:52

Rockman
He spotted a penny down there on the ledge ....

hey I see a Penny there on the ledge, lemme go get it oops, I kicked it, now it in the Lane!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home