Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2018 09:48

I'm so bored
I haven't slept a wink …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 22, 2018 09:54

potus43
i'm so bored

Really sorry to hear that. Have You called Iggy Pop for advice?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 22, 2018 09:54

potus43
i'm so bored

But you keep coming back.
Still, you must be excited about the Stones playing MSG next year.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 22, 2018 16:44

potus43
i'm so bored

That's the reason why we all hang out here...............

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: November 22, 2018 16:57

mickscarey has been trolling this board with his hatred for the Beatles for over 10 years now. Maybe if he had a life he wouldn't be so bored. It's sad to see.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 22, 2018 17:21

Guess what came out 50 years ago today?!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 22, 2018 20:15

RollingFreak

Guess what came out 50 years ago today?!

Happy Anniversary smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2018 20:31

It was 50 years ago today, the White album began to play
And the rest is history.thumbs up

Random memory #1:
I remember my dad and uncle listening and singing along with the chorus of Bungalow Bill when they were drinking beers late one night.

Random memory #2:
I also remember my older brother and I listening from start to finish for days on end
A year or so later, he spinned Revolution #9 for me backwards, and it truly gave me the creeps.
Being only six or seven at the time, it was like black magic hearing all the talking, etc..."turn me on dead man...".

Random memory #3:
Later on in high school a friend and I were frying on shrooms, and we played the White album from start to finish - it was like hearing it for the first time with a new set of ears!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 22, 2018 21:05

Hairball

Random memory #1:
I remember my dad and uncle listening and singing along with the chorus of Bungalow Bill when they were drinking beers late one night.

Random memory #2:
I also remember my older brother and I listening from start to finish for days on end
A year or so later, he spinned Revolution #9 for me backwards, and it truly gave me the creeps.
Being only six or seven at the time, it was like black magic hearing all the talking, etc..."turn me on dead man...".

Random memory #3:
Later on in high school a friend and I were frying on shrooms, and we played the White album from start to finish - it was like hearing it for the first time with a new set of ears!

The first time I saw "Love" in Vegas, when it was over the guy next to me & i both looked at each other & said "mushrooms" at the same time, haha.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2018 21:11

crholmstrom
Hairball

Random memory #1:

Random memory #2:

Random memory #3:

The first time I saw "Love" in Vegas, when it was over the guy next to me & i both looked at each other & said "mushrooms" at the same time, haha.

smiling smiley

My wife and I saw it when it was still relatively new, and I recall the built in speakers in to the seats were inducing major flashbacks!
It's been reworked a bit since then with some new additions I think, and have been meaniing to see it again, but never have the time while in Vegas as there's plenty of other new things to experience while we're there.
Seen many Cirque de Solei's throughout the years, and that one is definitely one of my favorites. Have yet to see the Michael Jackson one, and I think there was an Elvis version to - maybe one of these days will get around to seeing them.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 22, 2018 21:33

Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball

Random memory #1:

Random memory #2:

Random memory #3:

smiling smiley

My wife and I saw it when it was still relatively new, and I recall the built in speakers in to the seats were inducing major flashbacks!
It's been reworked a bit since then with some new additions I think, and have been meaniing to see it again, but never have the time while in Vegas as there's plenty of other new things to experience while we're there.
Seen many Cirque de Solei's throughout the years, and that one is definitely one of my favorites. Have yet to see the Michael Jackson one, and I think there was an Elvis version to - maybe one of these days will get around to seeing them.

I saw "Love" again several years on & there were definitely some changes. The Elvis 1 bombed & is gone. I went to the Michael Jackson 1 with low expectations & was blown away. It's almost as good as "Love".

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 23, 2018 01:50

Boognish
mickscarey has been trolling this board with his hatred for the Beatles for over 10 years now. Maybe if he had a life he wouldn't be so bored. It's sad to see.

I am the puppet master of this site

Date: November 23, 2018 02:00

NICOS
Irix
For those who are unsure if the Demos/Outtakes are worth it: the 107-Track-Edition is available in full on [open.Spotify.com] .

Simply register for free and use Spotify's Webplayer (at the bottom of Spotify's frontpage, works e.g. with Google's Chrome-Browser).

Just listen a bunch of them......out takes and demos are great.......but what are the 2018 Mix and Esher Demo's they doesn't sound like the Beatles....................

I just listing all the songs again..........the 2018 mix and the demo's are okay..............but I can't stand the Esher Demo's the double/echo vocals on all the are songs are sounding so bad in my ears.

By the way who is Esher....or what are the Esher Demo's?

Date: November 23, 2018 02:07

NICOS
NICOS
Irix
For those who are unsure if the Demos/Outtakes are worth it: the 107-Track-Edition is available in full on [open.Spotify.com] .

Simply register for free and use Spotify's Webplayer (at the bottom of Spotify's frontpage, works e.g. with Google's Chrome-Browser).

Just listen a bunch of them......out takes and demos are great.......but what are the 2018 Mix and Esher Demo's they doesn't sound like the Beatles....................

I just listing all the songs again..........the 2018 mix and the demo's are okay..............but I can't stand the Esher Demo's the double/echo vocals on all the are songs are sounding so bad in my ears.

Esher is a town in Surrey where George had a house called "Kinfauns". It's where they all convened after they'd come back from India. George had a four track tape recorder that enabled them to make demos with basic overdubs.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 23, 2018 14:23

Re: Kinfauns (Esher).
I've seen a photo recently on this site of Brian stood by George's swimming pool at the house. George is in the shot also....maybe taken by Patti Boyd.Possibly early 1969.
A bit eerie really when you think about what happened to Brian not so long after.

Date: November 23, 2018 14:48

jlowe
Re: Kinfauns (Esher).
I've seen a photo recently on this site of Brian stood by George's swimming pool at the house. George is in the shot also....maybe taken by Patti Boyd.Possibly early 1969.
A bit eerie really when you think about what happened to Brian not so long after.

With Anita, photographed by George Harrison.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-24 01:02 by Deltics.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 23, 2018 15:06

That's the one...thanks!
Brian 'experts' might be able to offer a date as to when the photo was taken?

Date: November 24, 2018 00:33

Deltics
NICOS
NICOS
Irix

Esher is a town in Surrey where George had a house called "Kinfauns". It's where they all convened after they'd come back from India. George had a four track tape recorder that enabled them to make demos with basic overdubs.

Thanks my friend.

Date: November 24, 2018 01:05

jlowe
That's the one...thanks!
Brian 'experts' might be able to offer a date as to when the photo was taken?

Apparently March, 1967.
Here's another.

Date: November 24, 2018 01:27

George - Pete - John - Paul 1961 ------------ Photo Albert Marrion

ROCKMAN

Date: November 24, 2018 01:34

yawnnnnnnn. why am i so tired?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 24, 2018 01:37

Misspelled "tiring".
Damn autocorrect amiright?

Date: November 24, 2018 01:39

ROCKMAN

Date: November 24, 2018 01:49

MisterDDDD
Misspelled "tiring".

No. Tired. like this thread

Date: November 24, 2018 01:53

potus43
MisterDDDD
Misspelled "tiring".

No. Tired. like this thread

So don't read it then.
Twat.

Date: November 24, 2018 01:53

it's on the wrong site yo

Date: November 24, 2018 01:55

Would the John Yoko - Two Virgins shot wake ya up potus ????? … hhheeeeehuh

ROCKMAN

Date: November 24, 2018 01:57

potus43
it's on the wrong site yo

Perhaps you'd like to inform
Bjornulf Vik (bv)
IORR Editor & moderator
E-mail: iorr@arena.no

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 24, 2018 02:09

Deltics
thumbs up

Psychedelic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 04:00 by Toru A.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 24, 2018 20:01

John Lennon And Yoko Ono Documentary, ‘Above Us Only Sky’ Airs On Channel 4 Tonight

Billed as “the untold story” of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’, the documentary also explores how Lennon and Ono’s art, politics and music were intrinsically entwined.

Published on November 24, 2018
By Tim Peacock

A new John Lennon and Yoko Ono documentary entitled John And Yoko: Above Us Only Sky airs at 8.30pm tonight, 24 November, on UK television’s Channel 4.

According to previous reports in Variety, Above Us Only Sky’s producers Eagle Rock have secured previously unheard audio including the first demo of the legendary ‘Imagine’ for the documentary, as well as never-heard-before interviews with the one-time Beatle. Previously unseen footage will show him and Yoko working together in London.

Billed as “the untold story” of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’, originally released in 1971, Above Us Only Sky also explores how the art, politics and music of the pair are intrinsically entwined. It also includes interviews with Yoko Ono, John Dunbar, Dan Richter and Eddie Veale, some of whom have never spoken publicly on film before, as well as never-seen-before footage of Lennon and Ono from their private archive.

“I feel in the big picture the fact that John and I met was to do this song,” Yoko says in her interview in the film.

Other voices in the documentary include David Bailey, the photographer who famously captured the couple in a 1971 photograph that ended up on the cover of Vogue. Lennon’s eldest son, Julian, is also part of the film. Emmy Award Winning and Oscar nominated Michael Epstein, of LennoNYC fame, directed the new documentary.

“The message of ‘Imagine’ is just as powerful today as it was when John and Yoko wrote it nearly fifty years ago,” Epstein told Variety in September. “I look at the world see it overcome with hate and engaged in wars seemingly without end, and I truly miss John’s voice. We need him now more than ever. And that is what we hope to do with ‘Above Us Only Sky,’ show how John and Yoko’s message of peace and love still matters.”

Terry Shand, CEO of Eagle Rock added: “With exclusive access to the extensive Lennon video, audio and photo archive, including much previously unseen material as well as interviews with a wide range of people directly involved with the recording, Above Us Only Sky is an exciting opportunity to tell this story fully for the first time.”

John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Above Us Only Sky (excerpt)

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home