Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...190191192193194195196197198199200...LastNext
Current Page: 195 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 12, 2015 02:20

[contentviewer.adobe.com]

Does this link work for you guys?! (suppose to be RS interview)
I hope so, y'all have given me so much--xxoo

Date: October 12, 2015 02:22

I have no scanner and not a good computer gal :-/

'Nothing On Me' is my song right now- beautiful guitar and it's my breaking free tune.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 12, 2015 02:26

I just noticed that this thread started in September 23, 2013 17:51
Does that mean we waited for two years.............

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2015 02:52

NICOS
I just noticed that this thread started in September 23, 2013 17:51
Does that mean we waited for two years.............

I've waited patiently since October 19th, 1992 for another new Keith solo album.
So apprx. 23 years.... eye popping smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 12, 2015 04:17

A friend of mine heard the "sound opinions" radio show where the two critics reviewed "Crosseyed Heart". According to him both critics really bashed it.
Personally I've written off their opinions years ago. One of the critics
seems to have some sort of personal vendetta against any Rolling Stones
related product or concert. Once I realized this I lost all respect for
their opinions.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 12, 2015 04:26

Naturalust
swimtothemoon
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68
the "rolling stone" interview with keith was posted.

it hardly touches on "crosseyed heart". kind of a bummer.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Yes thanks Turner! That was an interesting read.

Zeppelin was manufactured by Peter Grant? Ha! Pretty sure Page, Jones and Plant would disagree with that one (so do I).

Roger Daltry was all flash? I guess Keith never listened to Who's Next very much.

Like Jimmy Page you get the distinct impression that Keith is his biggest fan. lol

Unfortunately I haven't read the interview yet; however, not sure what Keith is baseing this Daltry comment on - "all flash" just doesn't fit the description of
Roger. I suspect writers must bate Kieth in order to get some of these comments
from him. Similar to the Sgt. Pepper is rubbish comment. His opinions seem to be very black or white without much wiggle room in between.

You might be right about the baiting, anything to get something more that the usual well worn stories and his opinions on other artists seem to be the questions of the day to produce some controversy. At some level though I believe Keith is pretty black and white and opinionated, goes with the territory of being his age.

Yes you are probably right regarding the factor of Kieth's age has on his opinions. Although Mick is the same age and very respectful of other artists.
A difference in personalities I suppose.

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: October 12, 2015 04:58

I got mine 2 october

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: October 12, 2015 07:42

swimtothemoon
Yes you are probably right regarding the factor of Kieth's age has on his opinions. Although Mick is the same age and very respectful of other artists. A difference in personalities I suppose.

Yes, I'm not sure how much of this stuff can really be blamed on Keith's age, since you can go back to any decade and find similar articles with him being dismissive of peers and contemporary acts. One site actually acknowledged this fact a few months ago, reprinting comments Keith had made about The Beatles and Zeppelin back in the late 60's! LOL (Can't seem to find it offhand, but someone here will likely remember which site it was.)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2015 10:38

One site actually acknowledged this fact a few months ago, reprinting comments Keith had made about
The Beatles and Zeppelin back in the late 60's! LOL (Can't seem to find it offhand,
but someone here will likely remember which site it was.)

Ian McPherson's fine site [www.timeisonourside.com] used to have a section
full of Glimmer quotes about other musicians. Both of them have had plenty to say over the decades.
Mick was particularly funny when talking about Steven Tyler. :E I can't find it on the site at the moment, though.

Date: October 12, 2015 10:42

35love
[contentviewer.adobe.com]

Does this link work for you guys?! (suppose to be RS interview)
I hope so, y'all have given me so much--xxoo

Thank you for trying, 35love! The link works a little, but not enough to see the article.

And wickerman, I live in the EU and got my copy from Keith on September 22nd or so.

Date: October 12, 2015 10:44

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 12, 2015 11:05

Tee hee - yes, and "What am I supposed to do, punch him in the face"? :E

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 12, 2015 16:27

swimtothemoon
A friend of mine heard the "sound opinions" radio show where the two critics reviewed "Crosseyed Heart". According to him both critics really bashed it.
their opinions.

http://www.soundopinions.org/show/514

I think Jim is spot on. Personal vendetta? They are both huge fans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2015 17:51

Redhotcarpet
swimtothemoon
their opinions.

http://www.soundopinions.org/show/514

I think Jim is spot on. Personal vendetta? They are both huge fans.

Sounds like Jim hasn't been a fan since c. 1972/73.

"The Rolling Stones, solo and together, have been letting us down three times longer than they were good"!

Sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek anyways...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 12, 2015 19:52

I love crosseyed heart so much that when I play it in my car every day and reach my destination I just drve on an extra mile or sit in the car with it on for ten more minutes because its that good

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 12, 2015 20:06

Agree. Been listening to it non stop for 22 days. I was lucky that I got my Best Buy copy in the mail the day before the initial release. I also got the vinyl, shm cd too. To my ears the greatest Stones or Stones affiliated project since TATTOO YOU. Marevelous f-cking songs that not only hold up after the initial excitement wears off but gets more powerful with time. I really just love this record. None of its forced on pretencious to my ears. I am still blown away and I think the production is awesome. I can't see the Stones topping this.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 12, 2015 20:11

keefriffhards
I love crosseyed heart so much that when I play it in my car every day and reach my destination I just drve on an extra mile or sit in the car with it on for ten more minutes because its that good

That's when you KNOW it's good! I haven't had that experience w/ CH yet - I'm not sure that I've listened to it in the car yet - but other albums have kept me in my car long enough to raise questions.

I think John Hammond's "Wicked Grin" was the last one to get me. While waiting for my wife to arrive at a restaurant, it just sucked me in. Next thing I know, My phone rings and it's my wife wondering where I'm at as she'd been inside waiting for me for the past 10 minutes. Oops!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 12, 2015 20:53

Bashlets
Agree. Been listening to it non stop for 22 days. I was lucky that I got my Best Buy copy in the mail the day before the initial release. I also got the vinyl, shm cd too. To my ears the greatest Stones or Stones affiliated project since TATTOO YOU. Marevelous f-cking songs that not only hold up after the initial excitement wears off but gets more powerful with time. I really just love this record. None of its forced on pretencious to my ears. I am still blown away and I think the production is awesome. I can't see the Stones topping this.

It's nice to see people enjoying Keith's record as much as you are Bashlets! I actually think it will have an effect on the next Stones record. I'm fully expecting a similar rootsy possibly eclectic mix of tunes that really emphasizes good tunes over uptempo thematic pop rock content. Some great blues tunes with Mick blowing his harp and some acoustic vocal harmony driven songs to knock us off our feet the way Sweet Virginia did. My vision is the Stones will indeed top CrossEyed Heart but only because it showed them the way! smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:11

There is no hope for a rock'n'roll'n'blues 'old school' album, demos ala 'Alfie/Goddess/Superheavy are already done...

"Do you think the Stones are going to record a new album at some point?
I knew you were going to ask me that! [Laughs] But I don't know. It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years. I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so"
MJ,April 7, 2015

Date: October 12, 2015 21:24

just sold a house , im celebrating, you know i dont know you guys, but i feel like i do
its awesome talking to like minded people
NL your the best, sorry i ever doubted you, rock on dude

much love you crazy stones people smileys with beer

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:50

KRiffhard
There is no hope for a rock'n'roll'n'blues 'old school' album, demos ala 'Alfie/Goddess/Superheavy are already done...

I knew you were going to ask me that! [Laughs] But I don't know. It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years. I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so"
MJ,April 7, 2015

I guess nobody on this board has heard these demos yet. Could be Alfie/Goddess/Superheavy-crap, could be totally different.

To top Crosseyed Heart is not an easy task, anyway. I wonder if Mick has listened to CH already. Maybe they ignore each others work. Mick has to be brought back to school with Keith as the teacher. Keith is still the master, he rules.

I´ve listened about ten times to CH, not much compared to many of you. I enjoyed it every time, but I am afraid I could not hear it for weeks without getting bored at some point, no matter how great the music is. Take a break folks or you will get an overdose.smoking smiley

Date: October 12, 2015 22:05

HMS
KRiffhard

MJ,April 7, 2015

I guess nobody on this board has heard these demos yet. Could be Alfie/Goddess/Superheavy-crap, could be totally different.

To top Crosseyed Heart is not an easy task, anyway. I wonder if Mick has listened to CH already. Maybe they ignore each others work. Mick has to be brought back to school with Keith as the teacher. Keith is still the master, he rules.

I´ve listened about ten times to CH, not much compared to many of you. I enjoyed it every time, but I am afraid I could not hear it for weeks without getting bored at some point, no matter how great the music is. Take a break folks or you will get an overdose.smoking smiley

No dont take a break it just keeps getting better lol

what 's your your favourite track on CYH so far?
Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:50

Mine is Nothing on me..Keith sticking with his bad ass image on this one.

Lot's of vulnerable stuff on other ones. I like 'em all but this one sticks out to me.

I bought it on vinyl and what surprised me is how the bass is so heavy in the overall sound..wich is no problem at all.

Anyone notice this?

Re: what 's your your favourite track on CYH so far?
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:54

My favorite track is "Suspicious".

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 12, 2015 21:58

I love Just A Gift. The fade-out is just so touching. With the violine and those voices. I can't describe it.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:02

Lover's Plea such an authentic piece of soul, that's mine today but really they're all favourites. 1st album in a long time I can say that

Date: October 12, 2015 22:20

If you're asking me for ONE favorite, okay,
'Something For Nothing'
grabbed me out the gate.
Honestly, it rings and feels close to Exile. The Harlem choir is magnificent,
Stones and choirs always, always work for me, too.
But the whole album is a treasure. Truly.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:23

Nothing On Me is my fav MEZ

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:37

Illusion

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:37

Ok, so CYH stands for Crosseyed Heart. So how does the Y fit in the acronym?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...190191192193194195196197198199200...LastNext
Current Page: 195 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home