Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 6, 2015 12:37

Bashlets
I get so confused. LOL. To me this album passed all expectations and then some. How could a die hard stones fan not love this album? I've been waiting for this baby since 1981. I actually took a 3 day hiatus from it and put it back on tonight on my drive home from work. It's great. There are some songs that are better than others, but I would say there isnt one real crap song on it. All of great in their own way. Maybe some folks have gone so long without hearing really new good worthy stuff that this album has thrown them for a loop. Just joking. To each their own but I love this album.

Same here Bashlets
This album just keeps getting better, it takes me back to when i first listened to Stones albums that were made from the 60's and 70's. I used to love them initially and as time went on and i played them through i noticed more and more to the music.
What is astounding to me personally is the fact that these songs are becoming classics already. Stones albums over the last 30 years have been good, but for some reason the songs just didn't resonate into classic's. The tracks on Crosseyed Heart are giving me the feelings similar to those created on Stones albums from the 60's and 70's

Its too soon for many to see this yet, but as time goes on i am sure this album we be seen as comparable to some of the finest Stones albums and it's arguably better than Keiths two previuous solo albums

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 6, 2015 12:56

I know Keith doesn't want to be a "pop star" but a successful SNL appearance could possibly attract non Stones fans. Plus we Stones fans deserve it...haha

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 6, 2015 13:23

georgelicks
CH down 7-27 in the UK with 3,416 copies sold.
Total sales at 14,718 after 2 weeks.

Was looking for these numbers, thanks, dropping like a "stone" it seems, unlike Gilmour, still #3 in the UK and France.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 6, 2015 14:09

gotdablouse
georgelicks

Was looking for these numbers, thanks, dropping like a "stone" it seems, unlike Gilmour, still #3 in the UK and France.

Confusing. 14,718 copies in the UK, that´s desastrous! Ten years ago every un-known sold more... what´s the matter... doesnt anybody buy records anymore? One of the best-known figures of music-biz sells only 14,718 copies... very confusing. A newcomer then sells 79 copies of his/her debut-album, I guess... then what´s the use of making records?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2015 14:11

gotdablouse
georgelicks

I'm waiting for this:
[www.musicharts.net]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 6, 2015 14:58

Its a different world since even A BIGGER BANG. Kids download tons of songs but with the exception of artists totally unknown to me like DRAKE, KANYE, and TAYLOR SWIFT they are not buying entire albums. The demographics for Keith's sales says a lot. In the US wasnt there only like 1,000 album downloads and the rest of the public actually bought the physical cd? The fact that you can only sell like 33000 copies and still be in the top 40 is something unheard of even 20 years ago. Overall, music just doesnt sell any more and that is why you have really expensive concert tickets.
BTW, the SHM cd from Japan sounds damn good. I also have the vinyl and its kind of hard to hear what sounds better. I picked up some wonderful acoustic clarity on part of ILLUSION that I didnt pick up listening to the vinyl at least for the first time.
This album is super and after taking a break from it, it just gets stronger and stronger to my ears. The Stones have their work cut out for them to top this song wise and production wise.

Date: October 6, 2015 15:21

Its curious that hardly anyone has given a mention to Steve Jordan. The man has help sway Keith from retirement and done a fantastic collaboration with Keith in song writing and production. I know its Keith's songs mostly, but i wonder if its possible to gauge what percentage of input on this album has come from Mr Jordan

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:00

keefriffhards
Its curious that hardly anyone has given a mention to Steve Jordan. The man has help sway Keith from retirement and done a fantastic collaboration with Keith in song writing and production. I know its Keith's songs mostly, but i wonder if its possible to gauge what percentage of input on this album has come from Mr Jordan

I thanked him on The Verb's FB official page. Without him there would have been no new solo album. Thanks for everything Steve! thumbs up

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:17

kammpberg
I know people here are excited about Keith's album (and I was excited about it as well). Bought it the day it came out and playing it steady ever since (along with Gilmour's album). But really......rating every song 5 stars....please. I mean if everything is "classic", then nothing is classic. 5 stars to me is rarely if ever given out. Very few things are, and should be, labeled classic otherwise the rating means little. there is virtually NOTHING on this album that is truly classic - closest is Robbed Blind. Its a very good album and there is nothing wrong with that. Keith can be proud, but classic. Let's put things in perspective. Sticky Fingers, Dark Side of The moon, London Calling, Ziggy Stardust - those are classic. Not this album....by a long shot. And by the way, Gilmours album is very good as well...and not a classic either.

I totally get where you're coming from. But I can't help that I love all the songs. And of the albums you mentioned, I've already played this more than I ever did Dark Side Of the Moon and Ziggy Stardust (not London Calling, by a long shot, which happens to be one of my all time favorite albums!). So based on that, it's hard for me not to think we may be talking classic!

Date: October 6, 2015 16:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2015 17:25

Thanks Steve for your contributions in producing a Masterpiece! thumbs up

A condensed list of who he's performed with:

Steve Jordan

Michael Brecker
Randy Brecker
The Rolling Stones
Kim Wilson
James Taylor
Ricky Fanté
Chuck Berry
James Brown
Eric Clapton
Cheryl Crow
Bob Dylan
Donald Fagen
Aretha Franklin
Robben Ford
Roberta Flack
Mick Jagger
Billy Joel
Tom Jones
Chaka Kahn
Will Lee
Michal Urbaniak
Bob Berg
Mike Stern
Jaco Pastorius
David Sanborn
Steve Khan
Hiram Bullock
Marcus Miller
Keith Richards
Leon Pendarvis
Anthony Jackson
Steve Gadd
Stanley Jordan
Don Grolnick
Richard Tee
Jeff Mironov
Mike Mainieri
Charley Drayton
Lew Soloff
Rob Mounsey
John Mayall &
the Bluesbreakers
Gato Barbieri
Warren Bernhardt
Patti Austin
Blues Brothers
Ruth Copeland
Booker T. & the MG's
George Benson
B.B. King
Chris Hunter
Sonny Rollins
John Scofield
Spiro Gyra
James Taylor
Steely Dan
Cat Stevens
Neil Young

...and many more

Date: October 6, 2015 17:34

Date: October 6, 2015 17:39

DandelionPowderman
When did he work with Mick alone?

Who is Mick ??

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2015 17:42

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman

Who is Mick ??

Lol...I don't know the answer to either of those questions! tongue sticking out smiley

(I just copied list from link)

Date: October 6, 2015 17:49

Hairball
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman

Who is Mick ??

Lol...I don't know the answer to either of those questions! tongue sticking out smiley

(I just copied list from link)

Oh i think he is that guy who used to write songs, but decided he wanted to be a pop star instead

I don't think his hangers on are brave enough to tell him he is getting a bit old to go on as a contestant on Pop Idol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-06 17:51 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 6, 2015 18:41

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman

Who is Mick ??

With just a bit of polishing I think you can print this slogan on t-shirts.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 6, 2015 19:02

Down 11-45 in the U.S with about 10,000 overall units, total sales at 44,000 after 2 weeks.
It looks like a 5-6 weeks stay on the Top 200 and 65-70k total by the year's end.

Date: October 6, 2015 20:22

georgelicks
Down 11-45 in the U.S with about 10,000 overall units, total sales at 44,000 after 2 weeks.
It looks like a 5-6 weeks stay on the Top 200 and 65-70k total by the year's end.

I owe you an apology georgelicks, you certainly know the industry.
I thought someone on here a few days ago said it sold 134 thousand copies so far.

I find it depressing the way artists get virtually no rewards any more for creating great music. I don't think songs from the heart and soul are what the powers that be want for us. They have no control over that. It all goes over the heads of you guys..

Posted by: lucasd4 ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:27

keefriffhards

I thought someone on here a few days ago said it sold 134 thousand copies so far.

I find it depressing the way artists get virtually no rewards any more for creating great music. I don't think songs from the heart and soul are what the powers that be want for us. They have no control over that. It all goes over the heads of you guys..

The 134,000 number is WORLDWIDE sales. Not much chance of it even selling 100,000 in the U.S. when all is said and done.

Date: October 6, 2015 20:34

lucasd4
keefriffhards

The 134,000 number is WORLDWIDE sales. Not much chance of it even selling 100,000 in the U.S. when all is said and done.

Thanks for pointing that out, its still depressing though.
I find the whole industry shallow and shit

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:35

georgelicks

Thanks for the update, do you have the US numbers for Gilmour by any chance?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:49

134,000 worldwide in the first two weeks is indeed depressing and sad. After the first hype is gone it will not be selling much more... It´s simply unbelievable that an artist of that calibre isnt able to sell more, I expectet 1,000,000+ worldwide at least... And you cant say the album had no promotion, there was even heavy promo going on in the days of its release. Keith can be lucky if he not loses money with Crosseyed Heart. That´s obviously the main reason why Mick Jagger hasnt released anything on his own since 2001. To get him actually in a studio to record a new Stones-album will be a hard task for Keith, when there is obviously no or almost no money to be made...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 6, 2015 21:37

Well all you Debbie Downers, I love Crosseyed Heart as I have stated throughout in detail, right now I need an emotional rescue, I've been following delivery tracking of my CH CD from KR website, and it's being delivered TODAY. I have half convinced (more than half) myself it's signed by Keith! I am taking this personally. The wait is killing me.
P.S. an old boyfriend bought me an 'authentic certified' autograph picture framed of Mick Jagger some years back, it sits buried in a drawer somewhere (safe) but I'm not really connected to it, but this is totally different. A signed CH to ME from Keith, whom I loved forever, of the incredible new 2015 Crosseyed Heart, well... I feel like a silly basket case. Like my fate/ future luck depends on whether this is signed or not.

Date: October 6, 2015 21:43

35love
Well all you Debbie Downers, I love Crosseyed Heart as I have stated throughout in detail, right now I need an emotional rescue, I've been following delivery tracking of my CH CD from KR website, and it's being delivered TODAY. I have half convinced (more than half) myself it's signed by Keith! I am taking this personally. The wait is killing me.
P.S. an old boyfriend bought me an 'authentic certified' autograph picture framed of Mick Jagger some years back, it sits buried in a drawer somewhere (safe) but I'm not really connected to it, but this is totally different. A signed CH to ME from Keith, whom I loved forever, of the incredible new 2015 Crosseyed Heart, well... I feel like a silly basket case. Like my fate/ future luck depends on whether this is signed or not.

Good for you 35love you sound like a lovely basket case, and your right for noticing i'm a downer today sad smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:13

Thank you keefriffhards, I am an impatient lovely, just called my post office, won't be delivered until tomorrow, cannot pick up myself.
Keep your chin up, don't forget you're a good one, too.
'Nothing On Me' is my tune lately- makes me feel free. xx

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:14

HMS wrote: "134,000 worldwide in the first two weeks is indeed depressing and sad..."

Firstly, the number you mention reffers to the FIRST ONE week according to one of the two wellknown Gelbal Charts. The other has reported 93.000.

Secondly, with respect, but all this moaning became o joke... Keith does his FIRST commercial success (just remember what his previous albums did) and some people here, who obviously have no idea about the level of the sales and the market's situation today, are mourning. God knows for what...

Keith's album debuted at # 4 or #5 worldwide (it depends on which Global Chart you trust more). After having seen the numbers, I say it's impressive the fact that CH has sold on its deput much better than albums of many younger famous artisis/ bands, like Ryan Adams, Gary Clark, Stereophinics, Prince, Motorhead, Joe Satriani and others (I posted the exact numbers earlier, somewhere on this thread).

Of course we have to draw comparisons for the upcoming weeks too. I will do it... But it already seems that Keith has a unparalleled success, by HIS measures of course, not by the Stones standards.

Some years, some decades ago, Keith would not conclude in his craziest dreamland the hope that one day he could hit Global Top 5 and stay for some weeks (let's see) on Global Top 40, with a solo album. So, stop this unfounded wailing!

Date: October 6, 2015 22:23

35love
Thank you keefriffhards, I am an impatient lovely, just called my post office, won't be delivered until tomorrow, cannot pick up myself.
Keep your chin up, don't forget you're a good one, too.
'Nothing On Me' is my tune lately- makes me feel free. xx

lol I find a get a different favourite every day. Its gone from suspicious to something for nothing to nothing on me to just a gift and now its lovers plea
the only track i'm not sure about is love overdue, but its early days. One More Shot would of been the icing on the cake for me, but never mind

Date: October 6, 2015 22:24

Date: October 6, 2015 22:32

laertisflash
HMS wrote: "134,000 worldwide in the first two weeks is indeed depressing and sad..."

Firstly, the number you mention reffers to the FIRST ONE week according to one of the two wellknown Gelbal Charts. The other has reported 93.000.

Secondly, with respect, but all this moaning became o joke... Keith does his FIRST commercial success (just remember what his previous albums did) and some people here, who obviously have no idea about the level of the sales and the market's situation today, are mourning. God knows for what...

Keith's album debuted at # 4 or #5 worldwide (it depends on which Global Chart you trust more). After having seen the numbers, I say it's impressive the fact that CH has sold on its deput much better than albums of many younger famous artisis/ bands, like Ryan Adams, Gary Clark, Stereophinics, Prince, Motorhead, Joe Satriani and others (I posted the exact numbers earlier, somewhere on this thread).

Of course we have to draw comparisons for the upcoming weeks too. I will do it... But it already seems that Keith has a unparalleled success, by HIS measures of course, not by the Stones standards.

Some years, some decades ago, Keith would not conclude in his craziest dreamland the hope that one day he could hit Global Top 5 and stay for some weeks (let's see) on Global Top 40, with a solo album. So, stop this unfounded wailing!

I know all that, what's depressing is that albums don't sell anymore even if they reach number 4
The whole industry has changed so much. People cant see through it. Its not about artists or rock or inspiration any more, its about people like Miley Cyrus parading herself like a frustrated tart in front of teens.
that's what the industry has become about

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:46

"...what's depressing is that albums don't sell anymore even if they reach number 4.."

That's right, keefriffhards. But in the era of downloading, I wonder whether the things could be different.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home