Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...221222223224225226227228229230231...LastNext
Current Page: 226 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 5, 2015 04:46

treaclefingers
frenki09
kammpberg

The fact is, the album has exceeded most people's expectations as far as quality (I give it a 5 out of 5 easily), as well as sales and chart positions (not that this matters).

Can you OBJECTIVELY give CH 5 out of 5 easily if let's say Tattoo You is undoubtedly 5 out of 5, or Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is 5 out of 5, or the Beatles' Abbey Road is 5 out of 5, or Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is 5 out of 5? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I understand that you love CH, however if you were a critic writing for a magazine I don't think 5 out of 5 would be justified.

I agree, I haven't even listened to the album yet and I'm only giving it 3 stars.

Why on earth not, Treacles...what's holding you back from giving it a spin?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 5, 2015 04:47

Cristiano Radtke
Keith Richards on Making Crosseyed Heart (German version)

[www.youtube.com]

Dank Cristiano! Ich möchte eine Deluxe-Version mit demos, outtakes und erweiterte Versionen! drinking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 5, 2015 05:00

frenki09
Can you OBJECTIVELY give CH 5 out of 5 easily if let's say Tattoo You is undoubtedly 5 out of 5, or Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is 5 out of 5, or the Beatles' Abbey Road is 5 out of 5, or Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is 5 out of 5? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I understand that you love CH, however if you were a critic writing for a magazine I don't think 5 out of 5 would be justified.

Are you being objective? Seems like you have a mindset that no album could ever match up to those others.

For me, I love the album. Every song is great. So I have no qualms about giving it a 5. Does that mean I'm not objective? I don't give his first 2 albums a 5 rating. I'd give them a 4 and 3 respectively.

Incidentally, the albums you mention are not '5's, so I would say you're not being objective. Here's how they rank:

Tattoo You - 4
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon - 4
Beatles' Abbey Road - 3 (not the stuff of the 'white' album, that one is an easy '5')
Bowie's Ziggy Stardust - 4

So that means Keith's album is better than those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-05 05:02 by LeonidP.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2015 07:11

latebloomer
treaclefingers
frenki09
kammpberg

The fact is, the album has exceeded most people's expectations as far as quality (I give it a 5 out of 5 easily), as well as sales and chart positions (not that this matters).

I agree, I haven't even listened to the album yet and I'm only giving it 3 stars.

bad eh...cd delivered from amazon like 3 weeks ago...haven't even cracked it open yet. I also bought the winos live album at the same time and haven't cracked that either. OK, try for both tomorrow! I have an album death match to come...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 07:50

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
frenki09
kammpberg

bad eh...cd delivered from amazon like 3 weeks ago...haven't even cracked it open yet. I also bought the winos live album at the same time and haven't cracked that either. OK, try for both tomorrow! I have an album death match to come...

Oh boy. Trouble is your middle name.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 5, 2015 11:10

LeonidP
So that means Keith's album is better than those.

I love your logical way of thinking smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 5, 2015 14:32

Turner68
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
frenki09
kammpberg

More like stubborn. Come on Treacles, give it a good listen today and I'll treat you to some coffee later. cool smiley

Date: November 5, 2015 20:47

latebloomer
Turner68
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
frenki09
kammpberg

More like stubborn. Come on Treacles, give it a good listen today and I'll treat you to some coffee later. cool smiley

Wow...the CD was actually delivered 5 weeks ago! I'm about to open it...

Date: November 5, 2015 20:50

OK, I've opened it and pulled out the booklet. What great value, look at all the words!

OK, just realized I have to get ready for parent/teacher interviews. I'll have to listen to it this afternoon...I'll leave it on my desk to remind me to listen to it!

Date: November 6, 2015 06:59

treaclefingers
OK, I've opened it and pulled out the booklet. What great value, look at all the words!

OK, just realized I have to get ready for parent/teacher interviews. I'll have to listen to it this afternoon...I'll leave it on my desk to remind me to listen to it!

How did it go this afternoon?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 6, 2015 10:38

And now the whole IORR community is following eagerly how it will turn out... what will Treacle think about it? It all looks good so far, nothing wrong with the booklet... But the heavy issue is: will Treacle join the "Keithette" fan boy club, and declare we have seen the new EXILE ON MAIN STREET being born, and with the with the testimony of it, we should curse that damn Jagger for everything he has done to destroy our beloved band and its legacy for the last 30 years or so, and keeping the only genious and soul of the band prison-like out of control, and not having used the master's eternal and endless creativity and ability to the benefit for the rest of mankind. Or would he be one of those "Doxettes" seeing there 'just' a very good album, nothing groundbreaking or classical, but a surprisingly good effort for the expectations and circumstances, but which is doomed to charm only the people who already love this man and his doings.

We live interesting times, indeed...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 10:42 by Doxa.

Date: November 6, 2015 10:48

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:32 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 6, 2015 11:08

Doxa
And now the whole IORR community is following eagerly how it will turn out... what will Treacle think about it? It all looks good so far, nothing wrong with the booklet... But the heavy issue is: will Treacle join the "Keithette" fan boy club, and declare we have seen the new EXILE ON MAIN STREET being born, and with the with the testimony of it, we should curse that damn Jagger for everything he has done to destroy our beloved band and its legacy for the last 30 years or so, and keeping the only genious and soul of the band prison-like out of control, and not having used the master's eternal and endless creativity and ability to the benefit for the rest of mankind. Or would he be one of those "Doxettes" seeing there 'just' a very good album, nothing groundbreaking or classical, but a surprisingly good effort for the expectations and circumstances, but which is doomed to charm only the people who already love this man and his doings.

- Doxa

Or both?

Date: November 6, 2015 12:07

Doxa

- Doxa

Er...I just wanted to know what he thought of the album. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. QUACK!

Date: November 6, 2015 13:14

latebloomer

Er...I just wanted to know what he thought of the album. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. QUACK!

Aah, you think I was sarcastic towards you or the very question? Oh no, I was not - jut amused of our treacle's own remarks - not opening the damn thing for weeks, the booklet and all that... (and a pretty good place to throw my humorous Don Quixotian crusade against the Keithette ideology in).. He knows..grinning smiley

But a duck is a duck....???

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 13:15 by Doxa.

Date: November 6, 2015 13:31

But a duck is a duck....???

Lol...yes, my dear Doxa, sometimes it is. But I am of the same mind, more curious, if truth be told, on why Treacles has not cracked open the CD as to what he thinks of it. I suspect some deep seated childhood trauma that he long ago blocked is preventing him from completion.

I remain as always, awestruck at your verbal gymnastics...though they sometimes hurt my poor brain. grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Date: November 6, 2015 14:04

Thanks, dear latebloomer (even though I am sure your "poor brain" must hurt of my grammar and spelling mistakes than of anything else...). And good that you took it that way - you know, even though I am ironical sometimes (hopely self-ironical as well) and my pen might a bit nasty occasionally, but it is always done with a good intent and fun; I never want to offend anyone personally, and I always feel very bad if I get the picture that I have done so.

smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 14:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 6, 2015 15:47

Doxa

- Doxa

I think he'll hear what I hear, which is more along the lines of what you described in that second half. I think I can understand someone's appreciation of it being as good as EXILE. There are some nuances on it that at least could be perceived as having the spirit of EXILE even though Keith probably had 0% of that intended.

However, regardless of any kind of comparing it to Stones albums, ha ha, it's still better than Mick having done and not done whatever in the past 30 years since that brings it back to where it all started to come apart, post-UNDERCOVER.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 6, 2015 16:05

This album make me get as exited as open a box of biscuits

Date: November 6, 2015 16:16

harlem shuffle

You really need to get yaself a breakfast poboy then...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 6, 2015 16:20

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 6, 2015 16:23

harlem shuffle

...try with She's the Boss, Primitive Cool, Goddess or Superheavy. Maybe is more exciting.

Date: November 6, 2015 16:24

Doxa
latebloomer

Aah, you think I was sarcastic towards you or the very question? Oh no, I was not - jut amused of our treacle's own remarks - not opening the damn thing for weeks, the booklet and all that...

It's what I call the DIRTY WORK burn.

Never before in the history of packaging had something been so atrociously and obnoxiously packaged as DIRTY WORK, which, of course, was a very clear message that what was on the inside sucked just as hard as what was on the outside.

Combine that with the experience of getting SHE'S THE BOSS and you develop the DIRTY WORK burn: you were so scarred from what was in those albums that it makes you cringe to remove the wrapping from anything post-DW even though you've read that nothing has been as bad since (except for a few handfuls of songs) and for the past howevermany years you've heard the tunes on YouTube etc.

So you hope it just... crawls or falls off the album.

I was not afraid of the DIRTY WORK burn with TALK IS CHEAP. I just instinctively knew that it was not a stinking shining glowing turd of an album like... DW was and is (the audio in the video for Take It So Hard certainly helped. In fact, that helped the most help could ever help). With CROSSEYED HEART I saw Keith's grin and I tore that sucker open and played it! Just as if the DIRTY WORK burn never happened.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 6, 2015 16:35

Doxa

Aah, you think I was sarcastic towards you or the very question? Oh no, I was not - jut amused of our treacle's own remarks - not opening the damn thing for weeks, the booklet and all that... (and a pretty good place to throw my humorous Don Quixotian crusade against the Keithette ideology in).. He knows..grinning smiley

Don Quixote, now I understand you much better Doxa!! I personally suffer from Peter Pan syndrome!! Cheers smileys with beer

Date: November 6, 2015 16:48

Maindefender
Doxa

Don Quixote, now I understand you much better Doxa!! I personally suffer from Peter Pan syndrome!! Cheers smileys with beer

Tilting at windmills is Doxa's specialty and this place abounds with Peter Pans...and Peter Panettes. winking smiley

Love the angry Duck, Come On, thanks for the laugh.

Treacle - we are all waiting...(tap, tap, tapping of foot).

Date: November 6, 2015 16:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:32 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 6, 2015 16:59

Dandie, I also suffer from that one...grinning smiley

Dammit, treacle, stop that teacher/parent interview thing, go and listen the album, and give us your review of it, before we start making here too much confessions...

- Doxa

Date: November 6, 2015 17:09

GasLightStreet
Doxa
latebloomer

Aah, you think I was sarcastic towards you or the very question? Oh no, I was not - jut amused of our treacle's own remarks - not opening the damn thing for weeks, the booklet and all that...

It's what I call the DIRTY WORK burn.

Never before in the history of packaging had something been so atrociously and obnoxiously packaged as DIRTY WORK, which, of course, was a very clear message that what was on the inside sucked just as hard as what was on the outside.

Combine that with the experience of getting SHE'S THE BOSS and you develop the DIRTY WORK burn: you were so scarred from what was in those albums that it makes you cringe to remove the wrapping from anything post-DW even though you've read that nothing has been as bad since (except for a few handfuls of songs) and for the past howevermany years you've heard the tunes on YouTube etc.

So you hope it just... crawls or falls off the album.

I was not afraid of the DIRTY WORK burn with TALK IS CHEAP. I just instinctively knew that it was not a stinking shining glowing turd of an album like... DW was and is (the audio in the video for Take It So Hard certainly helped. In fact, that helped the most help could ever help). With CROSSEYED HEART I saw Keith's grin and I tore that sucker open and played it! Just as if the DIRTY WORK burn never happened.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 6, 2015 17:17

I'm sorry, but I resent being labeled a 'Keithette' because I love Crosseyed Heart and therefore blah, blah, blah against Jagger? Can we stop this nonsense? It's narrow minded.

There are intelligent, thoughtful, meaningful posts analyzing KR's first LP out in a few decades. I'd like to think we all got wiser in that time span. I know Keith did- just give a listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-06 17:18 by 35love.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 6, 2015 17:19

No KRiffhard None of these album are good.I just go for Wandering Spirit any day

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...221222223224225226227228229230231...LastNext
Current Page: 226 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home