Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 22:47

that's great!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 25, 2015 22:51

Yes, I think so, Turner!

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 25, 2015 23:01

Naturalust
I assure you I'm not trying to downplay Keith's achievement, just making a statement about chart success and what it might require to achieve that in 2015 in response to DP's statement about how spectacular it was for Keith to do this at 71.

Dandie, I'm not so sure Keith did have as good as PR apparatus in place in 92, perhaps he had some of the same people (Jane Rose et al) but it seems they are getting better at what they do and no doubt the market is a different animal.

Of course, but we could say the same about most albums, tv shows, movies, etc. these days. Furious 7 didn't make nearly 2 billion dollars because it's one of the greatest action movies ever made. All of these things benefit from the massive global exposure that social media can provide. There are marketing opportunities that simply didn't exist even 10 years ago when A Bigger Bang was released.

To that end, Keith's promotional team played the game very well. The only thing I care about in terms of chart position is what effect, if any, it could have on Mick's decision to do another Stones album. He really wanted another #1 album with both 40 Licks and A Bigger Bang and had to settle for disappointment because of poor promotion. However, it Keith can do this well with a solo album in 2015, it's reasonable to assume a similar push could work similar wonders for the Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 25, 2015 23:04

After a three day self-imposed exile from Crosseyed Heart (didn't want to O.D.), figured now was a good time to play it again.

Rather than dissecting and anaylyzing every nuance, note, lyric, etc., this was a casual listen and am happy to say it's already like revisiting an old friend.
It flows so well as whole, so not only is it a 'grower', it's also a 'flow-er'. Still room for things to blossom and appear, but it was nice to listen to it in a casual way...like putting on a pair of comfy leather shoes.
Trying not to fawn too much and drool like a complete fanatical obsessive (I know some naysayers will think so), but it is what it is...it's mighty fine album through and through.

On a side note, currently in the process of completing an online traffic school* session because of a goddamn speeding ticket I got a couple months ago,
and again listening to Keith in the background. I'd like to thank Keith for making what is possibly the most boring process imaginable into something that is somewhat enjoyable. thumbs up

On to chapter 4...grrr...

Edit: For those unfamiliar with U.S. driving laws, when you get a speeding ticket you pay a fine, and then have the option to take the traffic school course - online or in person. If you pass (easily done) it will erase the ticket off of your driving record and prevent your insurance premiums from being raised. Boring and tedious, but worth it in the long run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-26 01:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 23:13

Italy #7

Date: September 25, 2015 23:14

How many copies in the States...40K or so!?!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 26, 2015 00:05

howlingmad
To that end, Keith's promotional team played the game very well. The only thing I care about in terms of chart position is what effect, if any, it could have on Mick's decision to do another Stones album. He really wanted another #1 album with both 40 Licks and A Bigger Bang and had to settle for disappointment because of poor promotion. However, it Keith can do this well with a solo album in 2015, it's reasonable to assume a similar push could work similar wonders for the Stones.

Well according to Keith that decision has already been made, and it was made before Keith's record hit the charts. I do get the feeling Mick is more concerned with the charts (and marketing) than any other band member and you are probably spot on concerning the effect this might have on him in terms of following through and making a new Stones record. I just hope he puts more thought into the music than the marketing!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:14

i have no interest in sales numbers. I could care less if it only sold one copy, as long as I have that one copy!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 26, 2015 02:15

Does the amount of money used to promote something just for a #1 LP warrant the amount of money spent to get that silly charting when it doesn't make the money back?

The Stones don't need exposure. Keith... he needs exposure.

There's probably an element now of if Mick does another solo album it will be received with a giant yawn. Keith? People are interested. Debut charting does not determine the success of an album in its life. I would think if people actually buy the record CROSSEYED HEART will eventually sell as many copies as his previous two albums.

Besides, Keith probably doesn't truly care anyway.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 26, 2015 02:39

Just wanted to say thanks to Keef...I may not have album yet....but they sent me for free the digital album! Just called a nerd b/c I am wearing my Crosseyed Heart shirt an listening to Keef while posting on IORR....I guess I am. smileys with beer

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: September 26, 2015 05:29

Does the Vinyl come with the CD or a digital download?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 26, 2015 06:29

no, the vinyl stands alone. I just played the SMH cd from Japan and it sounds nearly good as the vinyl.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: September 26, 2015 09:37

This may be a thread of its own but since we're on the subject of Keith's LP I'd like to know what are in your own personal opinions 5 stand out tracks on this record. Other than Trouble I personally like Amnesia,Substantial Damage, Blues In The Morning, and Illusion. I've been off the site since the end of the US Tour so I haven't kept up much.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 26, 2015 10:08

Okey, three tracks I like: Heartstopper, Trouble and Substantial Damage.

Date: September 26, 2015 10:31

The Highlights are:
- Suspicious
- Blues in the morning
- Goodnight Irene

then

- Crosseyed heart
- Robbed blind
- lovers plea
- just a gift
- Heartstopper

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 26, 2015 10:50

I think that "Just a Gift" will be a classic. A great song and on CH there are many great songs.

Date: September 26, 2015 10:59

Bashlets
no, the vinyl stands alone. I just played the SMH cd from Japan and it sounds nearly good as the vinyl.

Hi Bashlets,
i'm waiting for my SHM cd. So it sounds so good?! I can't wait!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 26, 2015 11:19

CloudCat
with sssoul
Green Lady
I enjoy Blues In The Morning but I keep trying to work out where I've heard it before,
which suggests it isn't that original, but I can live with that.

Green Lady, it sounds to me like a standard rocked-up blues pattern (which is fine with me!)
If you listen to Robert Johnson's 32-20 Blues, for example, and/or the Stones' Looking Tired that they based on 32-20,
I reckon you'll hear the similarities.

yes! that sounds right!

Or Shake Rattle & Roll, for that matter (without a repeating refrain)

Date: September 26, 2015 11:50

...another good review:[www.nationalpost.com]

"...another warm, swampy, deeply groovy concoction of rock, blues, country and soul, full of romantic tenderness and hard-earned wisdom, delivered in a spirit of pure vintage class"
thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 26, 2015 11:50

with sssoul
CloudCat
with sssoul
Green Lady
I enjoy Blues In The Morning but I keep trying to work out where I've heard it before,

Green Lady, it sounds to me like a standard rocked-up blues pattern (which is fine with me!)
If you listen to Robert Johnson's 32-20 Blues, for example, and/or the Stones' Looking Tired that they based on 32-20,

yes! that sounds right!

piano pattern = Berry's "Little Queenie"

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 26, 2015 12:02

I never thought that this would happen. Yet I have to say: KR released a solo album I do not get the message. I find it hard to listen to the songs till the end, Amnesia could be nice when one is driving. The record is as relevant as a solo effort by Ringo Starr.

Date: September 26, 2015 13:04

windmelody
I never thought that this would happen. Yet I have to say: KR released a solo album I do not get the message. I find it hard to listen to the songs till the end, Amnesia could be nice when one is driving. The record is as relevant as a solo effort by Ringo Starr.

...it's your loss!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 26, 2015 17:31

Heartstopper is one of my favourites !!!
Love the sequence going from Crosseyed Heart into Heartstopper...
Bam bam !!

Jeroen

Date: September 26, 2015 17:43

Listened to CH, since yesterday, for about 10 times. Every song is great, even Substantial damage.

One Love

Jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 26, 2015 17:46

windmelody

Ringo's last album charted at #94, Keith's album debuted at #7.
Not much to compare on relevance.

Date: September 26, 2015 17:50

windmelody

Something wrong with your ears, probably.
Jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 26, 2015 19:11

Listened to it last night at a friend's house with the doors and windows open. Excellent. It's a supreme album. It gets better with every play.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2015 20:07

KRiffhard
...another good review:[www.nationalpost.com]

"...another warm, swampy, deeply groovy concoction of rock, blues, country and soul, full of romantic tenderness and hard-earned wisdom, delivered in a spirit of pure vintage class"
thumbs up

thumbs up

Not only is this album great while partying with friends late into the night,
it's also great while recovering form a slight hangover - not many albums have that quality!

But then again, I don't drink often so there might be other albums that would also work well before/after....Dylan's Time Out of Mind comes to mind.

One things for sure, can't imagine cranking up 'Let's Work' or anything from Superheavy in this state of mind.....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 26, 2015 20:07

RoughJusticeOnYa
with sssoul
CloudCat
with sssoul
Green Lady

Kind of reminds me of Run Rudolph, among many other such Berry rockers.

yes! that sounds right!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 26, 2015 20:21

bleedingman
RoughJusticeOnYa
with sssoul
CloudCat
with sssoul
Green Lady

yes! that sounds right!

Kind of reminds me of Run Rudolph, among many other such Berry rockers.

Just fixing the quote boxes for you, bleedingman

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home