Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...164165166167168169170171172173174...LastNext
Current Page: 169 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:02

Phew thats a relief i thought i upset you then longbeach, your cool man you can dis Keiths album all you like smiling smiley

As Turner says you will fall for it one day winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-24 01:04 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:11

keefriffhards
ROPENI
No offense to Keith admirers here,but at least Talk is Cheap rocked,this one is BORING,l mean l loved the documentary Under the Influence,but clearly Keith has lost his touch,a 2 out of 5....

well i could of guessed you would say that lol

your the guy who started the thread about to many keith threads

well most of the Sticky keith threads are down now, so cheer up dude, it will all be over soon winking smiley
Hey, at least l did enjoy "Under the Influence",and finally BV came to his senses and got rid of most of the sticky threads,and we agree this will be over soon,when this effort by Keith will be forgotten,have a nice afternoon..winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 24, 2015 01:13

ROPENI
keefriffhards
ROPENI
No offense to Keith admirers here,but at least Talk is Cheap rocked,this one is BORING,l mean l loved the documentary Under the Influence,but clearly Keith has lost his touch,a 2 out of 5....

well i could of guessed you would say that lol

your the guy who started the thread about to many keith threads

well most of the Sticky keith threads are down now, so cheer up dude, it will all be over soon winking smiley
Hey, at least l did enjoy "Under the Influence",and finally BV came to his senses and got rid of most of the sticky threads,and we agree this will be over soon,when this effort by Keith will be forgotten,have a nice afternoon..winking smiley

OUCH

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 03:07

keefriffhards
Longbeach are you there, sorry man i was only kidding sad smiley

No worries, young riffhards. You may be misguided but you've got a good heart, IMHO.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 24, 2015 03:13

Date: September 23, 2015 14:52

BV said there is something exciting happening next week
Could it possibly be good news about some Keith live activity
If your there BV is there any good news you can give us soon or did you mean just private personal good news for you

Bottom line- I f-cking love this album. I dont care if its rehashed riffs. They have been doing that for years. The songs are just really well written. Yes, keefriffards, whatever this news is I hope it truly is exciting. Hopefully its not something like a free Crosseyed Heart tee shirt give away or just the release of LEEDS 82 or the Sticky show. Thats great news but it sure aint exciting.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 03:14

tumbled
I love keith's voice. its in my bloodstream. the guy gets in your skin doesn't he?

I know what you mean, he has by far my favourite voice in music. Everything from Sleep Tonight to Happy to Trouble. And it still sounds amazing

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 24, 2015 03:14

Bottom line- I f-cking love this album. I dont care if its rehashed riffs. They have been doing that for years. The songs are just really well written. Yes, keefriffards, whatever this news from Bnourlf is I hope it truly is exciting. Hopefully its not something like a free Crosseyed Heart tee shirt give away or just the release of LEEDS 82 or the Sticky show. Thats great news but it sure aint exciting. Excuse my typing, Im a tad stoned.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2015 03:17

Bashlets
Bottom line- I f-cking love this album. I dont care if its rehashed riffs. They have been doing that for years. The songs are just really well written. Yes, keefriffards, whatever this news from Bnourlf is I hope it truly is exciting. Hopefully its not something like a free Crosseyed Heart tee shirt give away or just the release of LEEDS 82 or the Sticky show. Thats great news but it sure aint exciting. Excuse my typing, Im a tad stoned.

Lol made perfect sense to me.
Looking forward to the 'exciting news'.
Have a feeling it won't be as exciting as it could be, but there's still hope!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 24, 2015 04:43

Missed post announcing surprise....Keith tour!?

@celebs_pets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-24 04:45 by Librarian.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 24, 2015 06:04

Stones2000 sounds growly. Yea

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 24, 2015 13:00

Bashlets
Date: September 23, 2015 14:52

BV said there is something exciting happening next week
Could it possibly be good news about some Keith live activity
If your there BV is there any good news you can give us soon or did you mean just private personal good news for you

Bottom line- I f-cking love this album. I dont care if its rehashed riffs. They have been doing that for years. The songs are just really well written. Yes, keefriffards, whatever this news is I hope it truly is exciting. Hopefully its not something like a free Crosseyed Heart tee shirt give away or just the release of LEEDS 82 or the Sticky show. Thats great news but it sure aint exciting.

Where did BV mention the exciting news.... Missed it.
Thanks Jeroen

Date: September 24, 2015 14:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 17:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 24, 2015 14:58

i guess it has something to do with BVs private life.
Good luck and fun wished for you BV.

Jeroen

Drums on 'Heartstopper'
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 24, 2015 15:21

I had to create a separate thread for this one because I really want to see if anyone else has noticed this... It sounds like Charlie Watts on this track... A LOT. Either SJ is intentionally playing like Charlie (which I think would be weird), or this is actually Charlie playing on the track. You can hear the hi-hat notes characteristic of Charlie's playing, lifting off on every snare beat, the fills sound exactly like Charlie's style. He could have agreed to be left off the credits for whatever reason KR might have had... If you haven't taken notice, go ahead and have a listen to this track and note the difference in the drum sound from the rest of the tracks. It is super loose (bordering on sloppy, in a good way) and very much in the vein of CW's style, in my opinion, and now I want your opinion! :^)

Re: Drums on 'Heartstopper'
Date: September 24, 2015 15:54

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 24, 2015 16:47

Tate
I had to create a separate thread for this one because I really want to see if anyone else has noticed this... It sounds like Charlie Watts on this track... A LOT. Either SJ is intentionally playing like Charlie (which I think would be weird), or this is actually Charlie playing on the track. You can hear the hi-hat notes characteristic of Charlie's playing, lifting off on every snare beat, the fills sound exactly like Charlie's style. He could have agreed to be left off the credits for whatever reason KR might have had... If you haven't taken notice, go ahead and have a listen to this track and note the difference in the drum sound from the rest of the tracks. It is super loose (bordering on sloppy, in a good way) and very much in the vein of CW's style, in my opinion, and now I want your opinion! :^)
Your separate thread is currently on page 169 smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 24, 2015 17:08

Jordan can ape Charlie.

Date: September 24, 2015 17:25

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 24, 2015 17:29

Maindefender
35love
open-g
35love
On the Best Buy bonus track 'Love Overdue' w/ Lee 'Scratch' Perry-
maybe a 'dumb' question,
the 'scratch' sound at the end? It is like a high pitch noise, maybe only me and the dogs hear it?
What is that?
(and I read the CD footnotes before asking...nada...)
Thanks!

Always remember to turn the phone off in the studio.
Scratch is probably receiving text messages on the cell. heh spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sounds like digital background noise from the plug-ins.
no one cared about such things when it was all analog delays and other gadgets.
*thanks for reply! In reading up on 'Scratch' Perry, (quite a character) he was the master (inventor?) of the 'dub' 'sampling' and added some funky stuff to tracks! It sounds like a scratch sound at the end in 'Love Overdue' bonus. Guess what it exactly is may stay a secret between Keith, Mr. Perry, and CA spleef ;-)
*the start of song 'Trouble' I cannot pinpoint to another Stones song, but the opening riffs always make me think (wait?) for Jagger until Keith's voice comes on.

Keith appears on two of his fairly recent releases: Revelation, Scratch Came, Saw & Conquered. Both recommended

I wondered what it was too. Love this track, I think even more than the album version. Perry's little vocal additions are a hoot and Keith seems to respond in kind. I can't make out the whole of what Perry says in his intro to the song. I hear "the king of rock, Keith Richards", but what is the rest?

FYI - if you're still looking to get the bonus CD, they do have some copies at Best Buy stores. I had to do some hunting and driving, but I was able to grab a few copies off the shelves.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 17:40

I can not stop listening to this album boring ....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 24, 2015 17:43

latebloomer
FYI - if you're still looking to get the bonus CD, they do have some copies at Best Buy stores. I had to do some hunting and driving, but I was able to grab a few copies off the shelves.

Gifts? Or do you plan on wearing out some of them out?

Date: September 24, 2015 17:49

Naturalust
latebloomer

Gifts? Or do you plan on wearing out some of them out?

I've been playing the CD so much, I might need to hold onto an extra...but, they are for people who asked. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:22

latebloomer

I went on a little hunt the other day, and couldn't find it on any shelf at first glance (not even the new releases).
Asked one of the employees who then looked it up on computer who said they have ONE in stock. Back to the cd section I went,
bobbing and weaving, ducking high and low, shuffling through several categories until I finally found it buried in the country section.
Either an employee misplaced it there thinking it was a country cd, or someone had stashed it there for future purchase (I've been known to do that cool smiley).
More than likely one of the clueless employees, but their mistake was my win. Long story short - bought it but still unopened.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:25

Great album. I also love the booklet and the pictures on it.
The strength of the disc is that it has no claims. It is just Keith and his music. Love it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:26

Whale
Tate

Yes... Looks like my thread got nixed and my post was moved here, where it will be quickly lost and forgotten. Was hoping to get some feedback from folks who pay attention to drums, etc..... Precisely why I wanted to create a separate thread. Oh well. I tried. The track I was referring to was 'Heartstopper,' (which was in the title of the former thread, titled, 'Drums on Heartstopper.')

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-24 18:30 by Tate.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:32

DandelionPowderman
BILLPERKS
I am not a fan of the mix of this record, way too muddy.
Probably the way Keith wanted it.

Blues In The Morning and Amnesia are muddy. The rest isn't.

And thank you, Keith and Steve, for dirtying up those two tracks!

I second that! "Blues In The Morning" is perfect!

Date: September 24, 2015 18:38

Hairball
latebloomer

I went on a little hunt the other day, and couldn't find it on any shelf at first glance (not even the new releases).
Asked one of the employees who then looked it up on computer who said they have ONE in stock. Back to the cd section I went,
bobbing and weaving, ducking high and low, shuffling through several categories until I finally found it buried in the country section.
Either an employee misplaced it there thinking it was a country cd, or someone had stashed it there for future purchase (I've been known to do that cool smiley).
More than likely one of the clueless employees, but their mistake was my win. Long story short - bought it but still unopened.

Similar story here - went to one store, looked all over, couldn't find any, so I talked to a clerk. She looked on her computer and saw that they had copies in another store, so she called them and asked them to put a few copies on hold for me there. Drove over and nobody knew anything about it. One clerk even told me the only store that had copies was the one I was just at. I looked around the store and spied one copy on the bottom of the new CD's rack and a few more in another section. Sales clerks haven't a clue at Best Buy, inventory is ruled by the computer and it isn't always accurate.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:56

Tate
Whale
Tate

Yes... Looks like my thread got nixed and my post was moved here, where it will be quickly lost and forgotten. Was hoping to get some feedback from folks who pay attention to drums, etc..... Precisely why I wanted to create a separate thread. Oh well. I tried. The track I was referring to was 'Heartstopper,' (which was in the title of the former thread, titled, 'Drums on Heartstopper.')

While the drumming may have elements of Charlies playing like you describe, the fills and cymbal work seem a bit uncharacteristic of him. I think it's just Steve Jordan trying to emulate something Charlie would do. I also can't imagine why Keith would leave his good friend Charlie off the credits if he had actually played on this tune.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:56

This recording will, most probably, be forgotten in a couple of weeks if it isn't followed by a tour of sorts. Tv appearances does a lot to sell the album though.
By reading here you can easily get the impression that this album is a masterpiece and a coming classic - which it isn't!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 24, 2015 18:59

Stoneage
This recording will, most probably, be forgotten in a couple of weeks if it isn't followed by a tour of sorts. Tv appearances does a lot to sell the album though.
By reading here you can easily get the impression that this album is a masterpiece and a coming classic - which it isn't!

thumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...164165166167168169170171172173174...LastNext
Current Page: 169 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home