Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:07

As I hoped the download version on Qobuz has the real sound. Thank God, because I was worried by the first listen on youtube. It must down sampled to 128kbs? Anyhow, get the CD quality or wait until the disc comes out. But I do love the simple graphics video, at the end the words and dots disappear and we get a full rock and roll picture of Keith! That's cool.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:14

I love this rough sound anyway.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:15

Where is OMS?
Keith Richards premieres “Trouble”, his first new solo song in 20 years — listen
A first listen of Richards' upcoming solo album, CROSSEYED HEART

Keith Richards will return in September with CROSSEYED HEART, his first solo album in over 20 years. Richards described the LP as “musical journey” that takes in reggae, country, and the blues. The first single, however, is some good ol’ fashioned rock ‘n’ roll, a lively stomper built on the back of Richards’ signature guitar licks. Listen to “Trouble” below.

For CROSSEYED HEART, the long-awaited follow-up to 1992’s Main Offender, The Rolling Stones guitarist enlisted assistance from Norah Jones, members of his band X-Pensive Winos, Steve Jordan, Waddy Wachtel, Bobby Keys, and Ivan Neville, among others. Look for it on record shelves beginning September 18th.

[consequenceofsound.net] ... rs-listen/

Keith Richards Debuts ‘Trouble,’ First Single From New ‘Crosseyed Heart’ Album

Keith Richards has unveiled “Trouble,” the first single from his upcoming Crosseyed Heart LP. You can listen to the song above.

A stripped-down, uptempo rocker that sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday or 30 years ago, “Trouble” puts Richards’ signature guitar and reedy vocals up front and center, and finds the Rolling Stones guitarist peeling off licks with typically relaxed abandon over a strutting beat. His first solo single in decades, “Trouble” picks up right where Richards left off: at just a little over three minutes, it has no unnecessary parts, and fans will find themselves humming along with the chorus before the song even gets to the bridge.

As previously reported, Crosseyed Heart is due Sept. 18, and reunites Richards with a group of longtime collaborators that includes drummer Steve Jordan and guitarist Waddy Wachtel as well as keyboard player Ivan Neville and veteran Stones backing vocalist Bernard Fowler.

“I had a ball making this new record and working with Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel again. There’s nothing like walking into a studio and having absolutely no idea what you’re going to come out with on the other end,” he enthused in a press release. “If you’re looking for ‘Trouble,’ you’ve come to the right place.”

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: Springstone ()
Date: July 17, 2015 13:34

I was listening to the tune on headphones and i really like the groove,the Sounds and the arrangement. So everything is fine for me....
Regards, Harry

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 17, 2015 13:49

Played the long version over and over. Still don´t like it. This will never grow on me. A very weak effort, almost no melody and a senseless uninspired mish-mash of guitars. Worst song Keith ever offered to us. If he releases this crap as a single, what will the album be like? Oh my God. But not all hope is lost. The Stones released the horrible Streets Of Love as a single, but the album itself is not bad at all. I hope the same for Crosseyed Heart. After Trouble it can only get better.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: July 17, 2015 14:39

Trouble is on US Amazon for MP3 download now.

[www.amazon.com]

HBK

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:03

....nice little hook...hope is alive....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:06

It rocks
It stumbles
It rolls
It rumbles

I don't care if it's only mp3 and the drums sounds wrong and Mick Jagger isn't singing and what have you not.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:20

Info for the audiophiles, I opened the Qobuz CD Version and can see there is clipping. We can expect loudness as it's the norm these days. Anyhow, played it on my stereo, laptop and in the car and they all sound great to my ears. The drums are low in the mix but that's no problem for me as I like the guitars up front. Also, love the up beat tempo/mood. Only 2 months to wait for the rest? Hope there will be one or two more let out of the bag before then.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:37

Just because you find yourself off the streets again
That don’t mean that I can't help you or I ain't your friend
Baby trouble is your middle name
Your trouble is that that’s your game
Now you are out of circulation out of reach and out of touch
Let me keep you in the loop though I can’t tell you much
The trouble is that that’s your game
Just because I can’t see you see you anymore
That’s because honey you’re doing 2-4
Just because you find yourself back in jail again
That don't mean we can't connect, no, I'm still your friend
Cant you kick it
Even though you are still inside I could get you off the hook
But I know if I get you out I won’t get a second look
Too much trouble
Too much trouble

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:53

Apple Music is streaming the single. Spotify must be doing same.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:55

The longer YouTube version is soooo much better it's ridiculous. Still, what on earth were they thinking with the drum sound? It sounds like Steve's bashing a cardboard box.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:56

I like it! We're starved of anything new. And this is good enough. I like the edgy guitars.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:56

Solo Live gigs..................when????
jeroen

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:15

HMS
Played the long version over and over. Still don´t like it. This will never grow on me. A very weak effort, almost no melody and a senseless uninspired mish-mash of guitars. Worst song Keith ever offered to us. If he releases this crap as a single, what will the album be like? Oh my God. But not all hope is lost. The Stones released the horrible Streets Of Love as a single, but the album itself is not bad at all. I hope the same for Crosseyed Heart. After Trouble it can only get better.

...get back to your knitting...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:17

Too bad the long version on YT sounds like crap it's definitely the version to go for! I really hear YGIMade, especially in the chorus, not a bad thing. The "fast"guitar changes are somewhat fun too, didn't we get some recently in a Foxes outtake? It reminds me a bit of Macca's "Ever Present Past" for some reason, the poppiness perhaps!

So no OMS unlike what Jordan had told us, odd, maybe vetoed by Mick/Stones camp.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:19

Looking forward to hearing Keith's version of 'Goodnight Irene@ great old song and I think perfect for Keith's voice...this is what i want from him, classic old songs. You can keep the 5 string suspended rock songs which simply aren't good enough these days.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:21

Its growing on me,but nothing special.
Nice to hear some new tunes regardless.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 17, 2015 16:23

gotdablouse
Too bad the long version on YT sounds like crap it's definitely the version to go for! I really hear YGIMade, especially in the chorus, not a bad thing. The "fast"guitar changes are somewhat fun too, didn't we get some recently in a Foxes outtake? It reminds me a bit of Macca's "Ever Present Past" for some reason, the poppiness perhaps!

So no OMS unlike what Jordan had told us, odd, maybe vetoed by Mick/Stones camp.

Agreed that the YT sound is rubbish but the downloads are much better..at least the Amazon one that I have is.

Date: July 17, 2015 16:51

gotdablouse

Jordan said only that they recorded it. Given how carefully he treaded with this release around the Stones' touring schedule, I'm betting Keith simply didn't want to duplicate a Stones effort.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 17, 2015 17:24

Love, love, loving it! yeah!

did I mention that I love it.>grinning smiley<

Trouble is ...I want more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 17:26 by open-g.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 17, 2015 17:44

I hope the second will be better. Filler lol . .

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 17, 2015 18:14

The album version @ 4:17 is much better than the radio edit, much more cohesive with lots more tastety guitar!! IMO better than anything he did on Bigger Bang. A nice start to Crosseyed Heart.

Date: July 17, 2015 18:14

From a post at Steve Hoffman forum (http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/keith-richards-announces-new-winos-album.447585/page-5):

"Heard it all last night - there are country songs, electric blues, an acoustic blues, some things like Trouble (which is the least good of those IMO but the most Stones-like so makes sense as first single) and a bit of reggae.

It's very much Keith World - you have to go to it rather than it come to you, but once you're there it's pretty great..."

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 17, 2015 18:18

Keith's website is now listing the following versions for pre-order:

CD
Vinyl
Vinyl Bundle
CD Bundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 18:21 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 17, 2015 18:31

the extra verse on the vevo version is
Just because you find yourself back in (jail?) again
That don’t mean we can’t connect - I’m still your friend

track listing from www.keithrichards.com
1. Crosseyed Heart
2. Heartstopper
3. Amnesia
4. Robbed Blind
5. Trouble
6. Love Overdue
7. Nothing On Me
8. Suspicious
9. Blues in The Morning
10. Something For Nothing
11. Illusion
12. Just A Gift
13. Goodnight Irene
14. Substantial Damage
15. Lover's Plea

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 19:01 by tumbled.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:08

the YT version has bass saturation a lot. sounds like a bad boot.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:11

HMS
thumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:28

ROPENI
HMS
thumbs up

I think you guys are probably in luck if the review from the Steve Hoffman forum is correct. He says Trouble is the worst of the lot. smoking smiley

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:29

ROPENI
HMS
thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home