Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 21, 2013 12:22

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
"False start. Everybody but the Center" - classic
smileys with beer
One of the funniest things I have ever heard from an official in an NFL game.
Nice win! I think the Chip Kelley circus isn't going to work in the NFL. Fine with me as I really dislike the Oregon Ducks & anything to do with them. I had an evil boss who went there & was really obnoxious about it. Poster child for the conspicuouis consumption yuppie Republicans. Anyway, sorry I digress. I hope KC gives Denver a run for their money. Sick of Peyton Manning & John Elway. Go Chiefs!>grinning smiley<

Thanks for the props, that was a great game!!

I have mixed emotions about this Manning situation, I despise the donkeys but I have the highest respect for The Mannings who are awesome... so it is hard to figure.

Peyton is a purveyor of bad pizza now. Great player, I guess cashing in while he can. The Denver dislike goes back to when the Seahawks were in AFC for me. John Elway ruined many a Sunday for me! I would say the 49er rivalry now surpasses that. We got some bad news about Russell Okung. Out til at least week 11. The team is deep though. In Pete Carroll we trust!grinning smiley

John who? I never heard of him.

grrrrrrrr!!!!
Haha! Precisely! Or as we used to call him, Mr. Ed. Did you know his midlife crisis marriage was to a Raiders(!?!?!) cheerleader?

Date: September 22, 2013 12:11

Here we go, week 3 (apologies Max'sKC). The bulk of it anyway. Should be an interesting day in Seattle despite disparity between teams. For the first day of fall, we have a big storm coming in. High winds & hard rain. I predict the Beast goes on the rampage & has a 200 yard rushing day. Got the foul weather gear out & am ready for anything for my last (at least for now) live game of the year. Heading down to the stadium zone early for parking & eating purposes. "Go Hawks" - Russell Wilson hot smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:19

What a whack Sunday. The Jets won.

Miami beat Cantlanta. That's awesome.

Carolina shut out the New Jersey Giants.

Baltimore - ????? - beat Houston. That's absurd.

Cincinnati beat Green Bay.

Indy beat San Fran soundly.

And people are wondering what's up with the hurricane season.

Date: September 23, 2013 06:32

GasLightStreet

why is it crazy the jets won? rex ryan has gone back to running the defense, something he didn't do the last 2 years, and the jets are back to a top 10 defense. i think right now they are 6th in the league

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:21

Is it too late to crown Roethlisberger MVP? He's so good he faked himself out with his own pump fake.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:21

DA BEARS! 3-0 now. Glad to see the Vikings and Packers lose, too. Thought both were going to win their games today. What is wrong with the Giants and Redskins?!? Seahawks look unbeatable at home.

Date: September 23, 2013 08:27

DGA35
DA BEARS! 3-0 now. Glad to see the Vikings and Packers lose, too. Thought both were going to win their games today. What is wrong with the Giants and Redskins?!? Seahawks look unbeatable at home.

and what wrong with the steelers? if all 3 teams go 0-4 they might as well play for a draft pick. i believe 0-5 is the worst start a team has ever had in the nfl and still made the playoffs

Date: September 23, 2013 08:33

Can't believe how weak the NFC East is this year with all the teams that are traditional powerhouses. Giants/ Redskins and Eagles all look terrible. Cowboys might win the divison with a .500 record!
Still very early in the season but a Seahawks/ Broncos Superbowl could be possible! Also, glad to see KC doing well.

Date: September 23, 2013 08:37

DGA35
Can't believe how weak the NFC East is this year with all the teams that are traditional powerhouses. Giants/ Redskins and Eagles all look terrible. Cowboys might win the divison with a .500 record!
Still very early in the season but a Seahawks/ Broncos Superbowl could be possible! Also, glad to see KC doing well.

redskins, dallas and philly haven't been powerhouses for a long time.

Date: September 23, 2013 08:50

keefriffhard4life
DGA35

redskins, dallas and philly haven't been powerhouses for a long time.

True. The NFC East has been pretty weak for a while. The Giants have had some success obviously, but the last time they won they had a pretty mediocre regular season but came alive in the playoffs. But other than the Giants the rest have been weak for a while.

Philly hasn't been good since that year they went to the Super Bowl, like 9 years ago. After that is when everything started falling apart, TO attacking McNabb about choking in the Super Bowl, and then it snowballed to the point they've become the most dysfunctional team in the NFL.

Washington has been terrible too, until last year when RG3 started to get things rolling, but then he got injured and they're struggling again. Without a healthy RG3 they're the same crappy team they were 2 years ago.

Dallas has just been a circus for years. Since their last Super Bowl win during the '95 season they've only won 2 playoff games. The last time Dallas was an actual Super Bowl contender I wasn't even old enough to drive.

Date: September 23, 2013 09:15

Perhaps "powerhouse" was the wrong word. Popular would be a better word. Cowboys are the most famous NFL team, Giants are recent Superbowl winners. Skins and Eagles are also major market teams that have large fanbases compared to say Jacksonville or Cincinnati.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 23, 2013 10:22

DGA35
.... Also, glad to see KC doing well.....
coolamundo, Thanks!! Me too ! smileys with beer

The winds of change certainly seem to be blowing through the NFL again.

It looks like the NFL has it right with their league policies about revenue sharing, salary caps, draft methods, etc, etc etc, it does seem to rotate which city has the best team over time, although bad ownership/coaching can not be improved by the merely the system.

I think that Baseball needs to be more like the NFL in it's policies. It would create better competition in baseball if MLB would establish a system similar to the NFL's. It is just not right, or good for the game in the long run, to have the top paying MLB team paying thier players a total of $228,835,490 while the team only 7 below them pays their team a 100 Million less at $127,896,250 and the 15th team is under 100 Million Dollars and a third of the teams pay under 75 million. That is too much disparity. source- [www.usatoday.com]

All of the MLB teams make up the league and without all of teams on a level playing field based players/teams salaries it may eventually all fall apart. Even though paying mega bucks does not assure a playoff spot and some teams like Houston are a disgrace and (maybe) should have their team taken away... anyway

Anyway... it is nice to see that the NFL has figured out how to spread the wealth and success around... it makes everyone happy, eventually, hopefully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-23 10:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 23, 2013 13:27

Max'sKansasCity
DGA35
.... Also, glad to see KC doing well.....
coolamundo, Thanks!! Me too ! smileys with beer

The winds of change certainly seem to be blowing through the NFL again.

It looks like the NFL has it right with their league policies about revenue sharing, salary caps, draft methods, etc, etc etc, it does seem to rotate which city has the best team over time, although bad ownership/coaching can not be improved by the merely the system.

I think that Baseball needs to be more like the NFL in it's policies. It would create better competition in baseball if MLB would establish a system similar to the NFL's. It is just not right, or good for the game in the long run, to have the top paying MLB team paying thier players a total of $228,835,490 while the team only 7 below them pays their team a 100 Million less at $127,896,250 and the 15th team is under 100 Million Dollars and a third of the teams pay under 75 million. That is too much disparity. source- [www.usatoday.com]

All of the MLB teams make up the league and without all of teams on a level playing field based players/teams salaries it may eventually all fall apart. Even though paying mega bucks does not assure a playoff spot and some teams like Houston are a disgrace and (maybe) should have their team taken away... anyway

Anyway... it is nice to see that the NFL has figured out how to spread the wealth and success around... it makes everyone happy, eventually, hopefully.
Totally agree about MLB. The playing field is not equal & eventually people are going to get sick of seeing the same teams win most of the time because they have more money. But then again, sadly that is the American way now. Now to the good stuff. How about them Seahawks?! 2 game lead in the division in week 3. Wow! I'm hoping that @$$ Harbaugh has alienated the team & they're not buying into his little reign of terror. Max's...how about a Seahawks/Chiefs Super Bowl?smileys with beer

Date: September 23, 2013 14:35

crholmstrom
Max's...how about a Seahawks/Chiefs Super Bowl?smileys with beer

I'm just happy to be here, and I hope my ball club does it's best. You know, I just want them to give it their best shot, and good Lord willing, things will work out. You know, they got to play 'em one day at a time.....

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it. winking smiley

Date: September 23, 2013 14:44

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
Max's...how about a Seahawks/Chiefs Super Bowl?smileys with beer

I'm just happy to be here, and I hope my ball club does it's best. You know, I just want them to give it their best shot, and good Lord willing, things will work out. You know, they got to play 'em one day at a time.....

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it. winking smiley
Seahawks have a little tougher 2 weeks coming up. On the road with Houston & Indy. 10AM Pacific starts. They've been practicing at 10 since training camp in preparation. Yesterday was fun. The parity thing in the NFL sure makes things interesting. With the exception of Seattle, all of the playoff teams last year in the NFC are having problems. The NFL has it figured out in that regard. Sorry about the Royals. They gave it a good run this year. I believe they're playing here tonight. To be truthful, I pretty much gave up on baseball when football season started.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 23, 2013 18:04

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

why is it crazy the jets won? rex ryan has gone back to running the defense, something he didn't do the last 2 years, and the jets are back to a top 10 defense. i think right now they are 6th in the league

Mainly because of the QB situation they've been in. Perhaps with Sanchez done they'll be able to figure something out.

Date: September 24, 2013 00:28

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Mainly because of the QB situation they've been in. Perhaps with Sanchez done they'll be able to figure something out.

looks like they found an answer

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 24, 2013 06:03

Seahawks fans unite!! 2 games up on the 49ers going into game #4. Oh what a feeling for the 12th man!!!!! Go Hawks!!!!

Date: September 24, 2013 12:40

Midnight Toker
Seahawks fans unite!! 2 games up on the 49ers going into game #4. Oh what a feeling for the 12th man!!!!! Go Hawks!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!hot smiley

Date: September 24, 2013 17:00

crholmstrom
..... Sorry about the Royals. They gave it a good run this year. I believe they're playing here tonight...

Hey now, The Royals are still in it... they still have a chance....
and saying that on Spetemeber 24th has not been done for a long time.

Date: September 24, 2013 21:21

I can't believe how well Peyton Manning is playing. Bronco's look very dominating so far. I've never seen a QB making so many calls and directing his players as he does when they line up for a play. Doesn't hurt to have Wes Welker on the team.
Read that Henry Melton is out for the season, which sucks for my Bears.

Date: September 24, 2013 21:33

DGA35
I can't believe how well Peyton Manning is playing. Bronco's look very dominating so far. I've never seen a QB making so many calls and directing his players as he does when they line up for a play......

It is crazy, isnt it? I havent seen an NFL field general expert like him, with all the quality players to take care of business, in a long time.... and I generally despise the donkeys, it pains me to see them have this good of a team, but there is no denying what Archie's kid is doing on the field in Denver is utterly amazing... so far anyway.

I was amazed watching last night. He was undefendable. He has 3 great WRs, a great TE and a great RB, and he steps up to the line, recognizes the defense, calls an audible and uses the right play and player at the right time.... then if/when the faiders think they might have it figured out at half time, they come and line up with 3 TEs to start the second half... what the heck!!... at that point the faiders just parked their secondary deep to defend whoever may go for a catch... and then they just run and run... it looks like absolute perfection. It was amazing to watch.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:58

"The Book Of Manning Preview" Premieres September 24, 2013 8pm ET on ESPN. I wish I had DVR abilities as I'd like to see this but NCIS is going to win at my house tonight. The Mannings I've met seem to be good people. I had the opportunity to meet both Archie and Peyton a few times both when Peyton was a player at and since he's graduated from U-Tennessee. Both came across as honest, genuine people even though they had no reason to treat me as anything other than "just another fan". I'm always impressed when a celebrety actually engages a "fan" in conversation instead of brushing off to the next fan and both did that with me on multiple occasions. Although it caught many people by surprise that Peyton finished all four years at UT, people who knew the Mannings as people and as a family really weren't surprised that much at all.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 25, 2013 00:48

I wont start a new thread, nonsports fans prolly dont care.. but

Am I the only one watching the Americs'a cup sailing races?
It has become unreal.... one race to go, It is now winner take all.

Go read about the come back that has happened... IT IS AMAZING!!!
[www.americascup.com]

DONT MISS THE FINAL RACE TOMORROW AFTERNOON, WINNER TAKE ALL!!!
Race starts at 1:15 PST

btw- At first I didnt like the new boats in this race,
BUT DANG!!!! LOOK AT THESE BOATS FLY!! up on foils!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-25 00:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: wildhorse76 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:15

Ok Guy's - Let me throw a curved ball atcha !! - dumb question from the other side of the pond.

Should it not be named "NHL" National Handball League - is it not fact that 90% of the game is played by hand, so how it can be called 'Football'. yes I am from the UK, so how dare I question your national game.Intrigued.but would love some radical explanations so I can understand.

Date: September 25, 2013 02:30

wildhorse76
Ok Guy's - Let me throw a curved ball atcha !! - dumb question from the other side of the pond.

Should it not be named "NHL" National Handball League - is it not fact that 90% of the game is played by hand, so how it can be called 'Football'. yes I am from the UK, so how dare I question your national game.Intrigued.but would love some radical explanations so I can understand.

the game started as a mix of rugby and soccer i believe and the ball was originally round so it was called football. over time as rules changed though. some countries call it gridiron though

Date: September 25, 2013 05:58

wildhorse76

While it's true what Keithriffhard said, that the game has evolved and back in the day kicking was actually a huge part of the game, the main reason is that the name stems from an old practice (pre-dating America) of calling basically any game that was played on foot "football", as opposed to horseback games the wealthy played. The game you call football is not called football because you only use your feet, it's because it's played on foot and not horseback. It's also interesting that the term "soccer" was coined in England as a way of distinguishing it from the other football games, and it was called that for a while, until it just went back to football.

Posted by: wildhorse76 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 08:55

Thanks for the replies guy's - When would NFL have started roughly ?. My Football[soccer] team Hibernian from Edinburgh were founded in 1875.Are the American 'football' teams as old? - Just googled and found that the 'Green Bay Packers were formed in 1919 and joined the NFL in 1921 - but the Arizona Cardinals are beleived to be the oldest being formed in 1898 ?

Date: September 25, 2013 09:43

wildhorse76
Thanks for the replies guy's - When would NFL have started roughly ?. My Football[soccer] team Hibernian from Edinburgh were founded in 1875.Are the American 'football' teams as old? - Just googled and found that the 'Green Bay Packers were formed in 1919 and joined the NFL in 1921 - but the Arizona Cardinals are beleived to be the oldest being formed in 1898 ?

late 1800's is roughly when football started but the NFL did not come around for decades after football started

Date: September 25, 2013 12:00

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom
..... Sorry about the Royals. They gave it a good run this year. I believe they're playing here tonight...

Hey now, The Royals are still in it... they still have a chance....
and saying that on Spetemeber 24th has not been done for a long time.
No disrespect intended. I'm happy they did well this year. It appears they are doing a good job building for the future.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home