Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Happy" outtakes?
Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: August 27, 2013 18:05

Are there ANY outtakes of this Keith classic? Don't believe I've ever come across any and it's hard to believe one hasn't surfaced unless I've missed it...

Re: "Happy" outtakes?
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: August 27, 2013 21:19

No outtakes. Do think in CS you can hear M & K listen to a diff. mix of the song

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 27, 2013 22:31

They laid it down so quickly and spontaneously -- I don't even think Charlie is on the studio version -- that they probably didn't make any alternate versions. I believe the master is from the same evening they wrote/jammed the song at Nellcote.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 27, 2013 22:52

There are out takes but not yet released ................................at least I hope so

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:01

There was a radio show entitled something like ,"The History Of The Rolling Stones" or something like that which was a comprehensive history with interviews and done chronologically.

Keith was interviewed and said it was he on guitar, Jimmy Miller on drums and Bobby Keys on sax. When he played it for the others they said, "sounds good but work on it."

So there must be something out there, just still under lock and key.

Date: August 28, 2013 17:03

I think Keith, Jimmy and Bobby cut this one very quickly. And as there aren't really many instruments on it, it is unlikely that there aren't any outtakes available.

If so, there is probably only raw mixes or maybe a version without Mick's vocals - but I doubt it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:25

I'd agree.

If there is anything kicking around it's probably pretty much as the released cut... with bits missing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home