Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Mick Taylor's Manager
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 6, 2013 01:27

duke richardson
Naturalust
kleermaker
To be short: Taylor still has some work to do, besides practising the guitar!

Don't we all.....I think MT quit because Keith was very difficult to be around at that time, was a total jerk to him and a terrible influence to his health and lifestyle. It seemed great from the pictures and music when I was young, but what a shallow, self-centered, drug addled , back stabbing world it must have been for the sensitive mature musician that we all can imagine MT was at the time. I can't even imagine him surviving people like Freddie Sessler, et al.

He would have most probably done much better profesionally if he has the foresight, ability and resources to hire a PR machine, brilliant manager, finincial advisor and drug saavy minder. peace

well ..and denying him writing credits had to be part of why he quit, but yes he was sick of it..

And perhaps also the fact that Jagger/Richards were heavily involved with Ronnie Wood already (IORR).

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 6, 2013 01:34

I don't think it's a waste of time at all. MT is an incredibly interesting and talented man so it's understandable that his life would generate this kind of interest. That's why people write and read biographies isn't it? It's far better trying to understand what makes him tick or any other person for that matter, than blindly criticizing and judging. Mick Taylor has endured more than his fair share of that during his lifetime.smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 6, 2013 01:35

2120Wolf
This is interesting......figuring out Mick Taylor ??? I got out of the figuring out business many years ago. Most people cannot even figure out themselves or those around them...what a waste of time.... trying to figure out someone that you don't even know... Is this some sort of pyscho analysis board ??? or is it lets figure out Mick Taylor Day in the UK.- F'ing Twisted ???

I was tempted to post the Sex Drive video at this point.grinning smiley But I didn't.

Let's just say, if Charlie can't do it, can't nobody do it.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 6, 2013 02:02

Bellajane
I don't think it's a waste of time at all. MT is an incredibly interesting and talented man so it's understandable that his life would generate this kind of interest. That's why people write and read biographies isn't it? It's far better trying to understand what makes him tick or any other person for that matter, than blindly criticizing and judging. Mick Taylor has endured more than his fair share of that during his lifetime.smiling smiley
Most people read biographies because they have nothing else to do, I used to read biographies, but later in life figured that most biographies embelish on the truth so you are only getting a fabricated version of that persons life, its all basically set-up to sell books, as you may be aware of. Yes I think the direction that the Stones went with Taylor was a great chapter, this tour was great, I was lucky enough to catch several shows, yes Taylor was great, talented yes, I have read some interviews with Tayor, let me ask....what makes him so interesting to you ???? Aside from the music ????

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: August 6, 2013 02:03

Mick Taylor must be the worst example of wasted talent in rock history. Playing in lousy barbands somethere in Finland when he could have done so many great things.
The two songs he played on the Stones last tour dose'nt make up for that.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: August 6, 2013 02:09

CanĀ“t seem that is any need to feel sorry for him or his drug problem(then Jack Bruce company is the best? ughh) or why he left the Stones. It is pretty good whispering interview here

Date: August 6, 2013 02:28

Well, 2120Wolf, I cannot separate Mick Taylor from his music, they're intertwined. I think he's a genius and a member (former member) of one of my favorite bands. Actually, all of their personalities are intriguing and rather unique; and I enjoy reading about all of them. But Taylor is cut from a different cloth, which I assume you don't agree with, but no matter. In particular, I find Taylor's life interesting, a working class kid guitar virtuoso. His life is part of rock history and represents a bygone era. A time in music history that I enjoy far better than anything that is offered up today or for the past couple of decades to be honest. His life is also tragic or I could callously say he wasted his talent as was mentioned above...which I won't do. So, in part that adds to my interest. I'm currently watching a film, yes another waste-of-time biography on Jimi Hendrix, called Hendrix on Hendrix, narrated by his brother Leon Hendrix. All about his music, his life growing up, his family...what made Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix...but why bother right?? Just a load of crap I presume.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 6, 2013 03:03

Bellajane
Well, 2120Wolf, I cannot separate Mick Taylor from his music, they're intertwined. I think he's a genius and a member (former member) of one of my favorite bands. Actually, all of their personalities are intriguing and rather unique; and I enjoy reading about all of them. But Taylor is cut from a different cloth, which I assume you don't agree with, but no matter. In particular, I find Taylor's life interesting, a working class kid guitar virtuoso. His life is part of rock history and represents a bygone era. A time in music history that I enjoy far better than anything that is offered up today or for the past couple of decades to be honest. His life is also tragic or I could callously say he wasted his talent as was mentioned above...which I won't do. So, in part that adds to my interest. I'm currently watching a film, yes another waste-of-time biography on Jimi Hendrix, called Hendrix on Hendrix, narrated by his brother Leon Hendrix. All about his music, his life growing up, his family...what made Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix...but why bother right?? Just a load of crap I presume.
Bellajane, I agree with most of what you are saying, however I feel the word genious gets tossed around to often these days and I really don't think his life is tragic by any means; and I don't really think he wasted his talent, it is what it is, he may have dodged a bullet. I consider his life charmed - #1. Playing with Stones #2. Still Alive #3.Earning a Respecable Living well beyond his prime...#4. And Playing with the Stones again (it came around Full Circle). Now Jimi...Jimi's life was tragic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 03:08 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 6, 2013 03:49

Taylor talks about his parents and his early years...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 6, 2013 06:20

Jimi's life was tragic from the day he was born.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2013 07:27

2120Wolf
Mick Taylor left the Stones simply because Bob "Bubka" Watkins offered him a Sales Position with his company IPC located in Louisville Ky. At an early age the young Mick had fancied himself a sales pro with a large company in the states. Alas his dream had finally come true. The position offered Mick a stable salary, commissions on his sales and a solid working schedule that fit Micks lifestyle at the time. For several years Mick led the Sales Team as Sales Pro of the month offering him additional bonuses and leading to a fine sales career that spanned over 30 years until Mick retired in 2005. On April 27 of that year Mick hade been presented the prestigious Glinder Award, honoring him as a top Sales Pro with a lifetime full of sales acheivements for IPC, Jagger and Richards were in attendance at the retirement party, on that day Taylor had been quoted as saying that "my early days with the Stones were great but it is my carreer at IPC that I am most proud of".

The Glinder Twins?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2013 07:30

The speculation is understandable, given that Taylor's leaving the Stones seems to be the show business blunder of all time (next to Decca passing on the Beatles). But really, how much more must we pick this scab? Until Taylor writes his version of events, we don't know the roles that Rose, drugs, or anything else had in his leaving.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: August 6, 2013 12:39

71Tele
The speculation is understandable, given that Taylor's leaving the Stones seems to be the show business blunder of all time (next to Decca passing on the Beatles). But really, how much more must we pick this scab? Until Taylor writes his version of events, we don't know the roles that Rose, drugs, or anything else had in his leaving.

This seems very unlikely and unnecessary to me.

Taylor played his story on the guitar. I know it by heart.

Date: August 6, 2013 12:59

svt22
71Tele

This seems very unlikely and unnecessary to me.

Taylor played his story on the guitar. I know it by heart.

No blues immediately after he left winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 6, 2013 13:59

He's alive and playing and looking better than he has for some time, how he copes with the end of this tour will be the determining factor. I'm hoping he goes back to rehab and continues this with a view to further stones work. The worry is he has picked up some nasty habits whilst on tour and goes on a bender with his money he earned. Ronnie, Mick and Charlie im sure will be keeping contact and maybe even helping him keep on track. It would be sad if he really went off the rails at this point. He is a fragile individual and still carries his monkeys.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 6, 2013 14:15

crumbling_mice
He's alive and playing and looking better than he has for some time, how he copes with the end of this tour will be the determining factor. I'm hoping he goes back to rehab and continues this with a view to further stones work. The worry is he has picked up some nasty habits whilst on tour and goes on a bender with his money he earned. Ronnie, Mick and Charlie im sure will be keeping contact and maybe even helping him keep on track. It would be sad if he really went off the rails at this point. He is a fragile individual and still carries his monkeys.

I really like Mr. Taylor but if we forget for a moment about him& others being part of the glorious "Greatest R&R bank" etc. and try and fit each of these individuals to the concepts of real life as we know them, MT might be regarded by some of us as that "guy who used to be a great guy back in high school, but screwed his life repeatedly and is quite a looser now". I don't see MJ loosing much sleep because of that. The showbusiness type of people, quite in general, dont follow the type of behavior you expect (emotionally generous etc.) just because they have the means to do so. I mean... "common" people like us always say that if they had the money they would have go a visit close friends and family often, even if it requires to cross the ocean. I dont want to start an argument about each and every case, but if you carefully look back (0-20 years back) about the many cases where famous musicians were dying or fatally ill, you do not see exactly their old band mates taking a private jet to be with them. Same for people in distress. They live their own life, and develop quite the same as we do. Maybe for the sake of PR some people could have devoted time for MT as if they are Angelina Jolie and hes a Cambodian kid, but since when does MJ care that much about this type of PR?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 6, 2013 14:31

Any news about Mick Taylor's Manager ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 6, 2013 15:52

I'm glad I posted this thread because I found the responses informative and interesting. Maybe some day I'll talk about reincarnation!smiling smiley I do hope Taylor writes his biography, but I'm afraid his memory might be rather impaired in some places. Hopefully, his memory of his very early years is preserved to some degree. I saw the video of the Mick Taylor and Jack Bruce interview some time ago. MT was very serene and soft-spoken. His eyes looked sort of yellow didn't they? I'm sure it was the reflection of the shirt he was wearing. Very spacey indeed; what a shame! The video of On the Road with Mick Taylor (think there are 5 parts?) is on my bucket list!

Date: August 6, 2013 15:56

There are many people on this board claiming to know a lot of Taylor's manager(s), but they are suspiciously silent now.

I wonder why it seemingly is so touchy to share knowledge about this with other fans, especially in this thread?

Date: August 6, 2013 16:01

Rolling Hansie
Any news about Mick Taylor's Manager ?

I think that's too delicate a subject matter, Hansie. We'll never know how it exactly is with his manager. Different parties will tell their own story (if they do that anyway) and it will be impossible to judge who's telling the truth.

Date: August 6, 2013 16:04

Don't have a clue. The Rolling Stones are famous people and are considered public domain like every famous person. So there is no harm talking about them, especially on a forum devoted to the group such as this one, as long as the conversations are civil and respectful, in my opinion. Far better than cheap and harmful gossip.

Date: August 6, 2013 16:07

Bellajane
Don't have a clue. The Rolling Stones are famous people and are considered public domain like every famous person. So there is no harm talking about them, especially on a forum devoted to the group such as this one, as long as the conversations are civil and respectful, in my opinion. Far better than cheap and harmful gossip.

Yeah, but like kleerie says, we'll get two stories that probably would lead to even more speculation...

Date: August 6, 2013 16:11

Bellajane

Totally agreed and so far you did great. winking smiley

btw It's a public secret that Taylor has or recently had a Dutch girlfriend who also ..., well you can guess the rest.

Date: August 6, 2013 16:11

And that keeps ups guessing and, in turn, interested. The Rolling Stones are an interesting bunch of fellows, after all!

Date: August 6, 2013 16:16

Even more interesting are the relations between the band members themselves, not in the last place because they affected the music they made.

Date: August 6, 2013 16:26

kleermaker
Bellajane

btw It's a public secret that Taylor has or recently had a Dutch girlfriend who also ..., well you can guess the rest.

First time I'm using the Quote function, hope it comes out okay. Anyway, yeah I know about the Dutch girlfriend..definitely a caretakerand motherly type. I think she used to sing in her friend's Rolling Stones Tribute Band. Another Stones connection of sorts for MT. But it appears she's a sweet and supportive person..so whatever floats your boat. He seems to be happy!smiling smiley

Date: August 6, 2013 16:43

Bellajane
kleermaker
Bellajane

First time I'm using the Quote function, hope it comes out okay. Anyway, yeah I know about the Dutch girlfriend..definitely a caretakerand motherly type. I think she used to sing in her friend's Rolling Stones Tribute Band. Another Stones connection of sorts for MT. But it appears she's a sweet and supportive person..so whatever floats your boat. He seems to be happy!smiling smiley

Well used, but I meant to say that she seems to function as some sort of manager to Taylor too. So it's on topic and no gossip. cool smiley

Date: August 6, 2013 16:58

So true!smiling bouncing smiley I love these smiley icons. Too bad there aren't Rolling Stones bobble head icons...or that tongue!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 6, 2013 18:43

Those who claim to know Mick's manager probably have not responded to this thread because they like and respect her privacy. You know who you are...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 6, 2013 19:09

just that he played with them again is kind of amazing.

not to get all sentimental about it..

just glad his health, and his playing, which I love to listen to, is good.

its been commented on repeatedly but to longtime Stones fans, this is big.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home