Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Mick Taylor's Manager
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 6, 2013 19:42

ChrisM
Those who claim to know Mick's manager probably have not responded to this thread because they like and respect her privacy. You know who you are...

It seems there are two managers and then there's Mick himself. Kind of confusing I guess.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 6, 2013 20:40

71Tele
2120Wolf
Mick Taylor left the Stones simply because Bob "Bubka" Watkins offered him a Sales Position with his company IPC located in Louisville Ky. At an early age the young Mick had fancied himself a sales pro with a large company in the states. Alas his dream had finally come true. The position offered Mick a stable salary, commissions on his sales and a solid working schedule that fit Micks lifestyle at the time. For several years Mick led the Sales Team as Sales Pro of the month offering him additional bonuses and leading to a fine sales career that spanned over 30 years until Mick retired in 2005. On April 27 of that year Mick hade been presented the prestigious Glinder Award, honoring him as a top Sales Pro with a lifetime full of sales acheivements for IPC, Jagger and Richards were in attendance at the retirement party, on that day Taylor had been quoted as saying that "my early days with the Stones were great but it is my carreer at IPC that I am most proud of".

The Glinder Twins?
Ahhh Yes Tele, The Glider Twins !!!!

Date: August 6, 2013 20:47

I heard in 1972 that Colonel Sanders from Kentucky Fried Chicken was Taylors Manager
from 1968 til 1972, does anyone know if there is any truth to this ??? I am real curious to know - Thanx

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:11

Would love to be his agent or manager when he decides to write his open and honest biography.
Not gonna happen until The Stones stop touring.
Don't wanna bite the hand that feeds you.
Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't receive an annual fee for 'not saying anything that would cause embarrasment', from a certain group of companys.
Mick Taylor deserves all he can get in his older years,just because he is a world class guitarist,and a Rolling Stone. winking smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:14

Naturalust
kleermaker
To be short: Taylor still has some work to do, besides practising the guitar!

Don't we all.....I think MT quit because Keith was very difficult to be around at that time, was a total jerk to him and a terrible influence to his health and lifestyle. It seemed great from the pictures and music when I was young, but what a shallow, self-centered, drug addled , back stabbing world it must have been for the sensitive mature musician that we all can imagine MT was at the time. I can't even imagine him surviving people like Freddie Sessler, et al.

He would have most probably done much better profesionally if he has the foresight, ability and resources to hire a PR machine, brilliant manager, finincial advisor and drug saavy minder. peace

Agree completely. Mick Taylor was the sensitive boy genius and did not get along with Keith. Was not his "mate" the way Ron Wood is, so musicianship gets the heave ho. It's about who can get along with Keith meaning suck up to him. Ronnie has done a good at it, he knows his place

Date: August 6, 2013 21:19

triceratops
Naturalust
kleermaker

Don't we all.....I think MT quit because Keith was very difficult to be around at that time, was a total jerk to him and a terrible influence to his health and lifestyle. It seemed great from the pictures and music when I was young, but what a shallow, self-centered, drug addled , back stabbing world it must have been for the sensitive mature musician that we all can imagine MT was at the time. I can't even imagine him surviving people like Freddie Sessler, et al.

He would have most probably done much better profesionally if he has the foresight, ability and resources to hire a PR machine, brilliant manager, finincial advisor and drug saavy minder. peace

Agree completely. Mick Taylor was the sensitive boy genius and did not get along with Keith. Was not his "mate" the way Ron Wood is, so musicianship gets the heave ho. It's about who can get along with Keith meaning suck up to him. Ronnie has done a good at it, he knows his place
Really sounds like you got this one nailed - Great Work !!!! - Almost sounds like you were there !!!!

Date: August 6, 2013 22:25

triceratops
Naturalust
kleermaker

Taylor's and Keith's relationship was rather complicated, but musically they understood each other very well. Keith said he only got to know Taylor when he stayed in his house in Southern France during the exile period. Also one could see during this last tour that they had and still have a special relationship. It has more depth than the clownnish fooling around between Keith and Ronnie. Anyway, that's what my intuition tells me. Besides they communicated a lot through their music, not so much verbally. It's well known that Keith wasn't that happy when he heard Taylor had quit the band.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 6, 2013 22:35

crumbling_mice
He's alive and playing and looking better than he has for some time, how he copes with the end of this tour will be the determining factor. I'm hoping he goes back to rehab and continues this with a view to further stones work. The worry is he has picked up some nasty habits whilst on tour and goes on a bender with his money he earned. Ronnie, Mick and Charlie im sure will be keeping contact and maybe even helping him keep on track. It would be sad if he really went off the rails at this point. He is a fragile individual and still carries his monkeys.

What? I have heard/seen no indication that MT has picked up some nasty habits or is in danger of "going off the rails". Yes he probably still drinks a bit but as far as hard drugs are concerned I believe he has finally out grown them. Not to say that alcohol isn't potentially dangerous for an addict/alcoholic but you make it sound like he is about to relive his misery as a smack addict. I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Get real, these kind of rumours are destructive in their own right. peace

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 6, 2013 22:46

In all honesty, that was one of my fears, as well. I don't feel that expressing that fear is rumor-mongering, at all. Fans know that he has had a terrible problem and are concerned. Actually, I was wondering myself how he was going to cope performing sober. Maybe that was a problem for him; we really don't know what went on behind the scenes. I'm not so worried about heroin as I am cocaine, especially before a performance. I hope he continues with rehab as it appears that he responded so well. I hope some day he quits the ciggies

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 6, 2013 23:18

2120Wolf
I heard in 1972 that Colonel Sanders from Kentucky Fried Chicken was Taylors Manager
from 1968 til 1972, does anyone know if there is any truth to this ??? I am real curious to know - Thanx

Colonel Parker was Elvis's manager. I heard they were they were related.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 6, 2013 23:31

kleermaker
Taylor's and Keith's relationship was rather complicated, but musically they understood each other very well. Keith said he only got to know Taylor when he stayed in his house in Southern France during the exile period. Also one could see during this last tour that they had and still have a special relationship. It has more depth than the clownnish fooling around between Keith and Ronnie. Anyway, that's what my intuition tells me. Besides they communicated a lot through their music, not so much verbally. It's well known that Keith wasn't that happy when he heard Taylor had quit the band.

Could not disagree more, Ronnie and Keith have a special musical communication , (well at the very least they had) I always felt with Taylor it was just the bog standard lead and rhythm relationship. Yes sometimes they would switch roles but it wasn't the same as Ronnie and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 23:34 by Ket.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 6, 2013 23:35

Bellajane
I'm not so worried about heroin as I am cocaine, especially before a performance.

I'm sure Mick has written into the contracts that no drugs are allowed around the band prior to performances, a leftover from the "look after Ronnie because he can't" days.

These days, like most of the rest of society, most musicians are getting their drugs in nice little legal bottles from the pharmacies. Drugs like Hydrocodone, Oxycodone and Adderall have mostly replaced the heroin and cocaine of the 70's and 80's. As a touring musician I have seen this trend for a long time and have come to believe that these drugs are potentially just as harmful to the long term health and productivity of music making enterprises. Unfortunately with the trillion dollar Big Pharm industries behind it, it's not likely to end soon. peace

Date: August 7, 2013 00:05

Bellajane
In all honesty, that was one of my fears, as well. I don't feel that expressing that fear is rumor-mongering, at all. Fans know that he has had a terrible problem and are concerned. Actually, I was wondering myself how he was going to cope performing sober. Maybe that was a problem for him; we really don't know what went on behind the scenes. I'm not so worried about heroin as I am cocaine, especially before a performance. I hope he continues with rehab as it appears that he responded so well. I hope some day he quits the ciggies

Maybe he didn't perform completely sober...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 7, 2013 00:44

So, Taylor's managers are some guy who keeps booking gigs without Taylor's involvement and which ever woman he is shagging at the time?

No wonder his solo career has been so bad.

Date: August 7, 2013 00:46

grinning smiley Below the belt?

Date: August 7, 2013 03:21

triceratops
2120Wolf

Colonel Parker was Elvis's manager. I heard they were they were related.
Yes Tricertops two fine Colonel's make two fine managers - and yes.... what a fine fine job they have done.

Date: August 7, 2013 03:24

DandelionPowderman
Bellajane

Why should we really care what he does, it is his life, Bella are you OK ????

Date: August 7, 2013 03:26

Why I clicked on this post is beyond me, I must be just as warped - Keep Rocking It Mick !!!

Date: August 7, 2013 03:51

DandelionPowderman
grinning smiley Below the belt?

Date: August 7, 2013 13:41

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 7, 2013 14:29

A cool picture. From where is that from? Looks rather recent.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-07 14:30 by Doxa.

Date: August 7, 2013 14:31

I don't know, but my guess would be that NY club he played last year.

Date: August 7, 2013 15:12

DandelionPowderman

What about the Iridium Jazz Club shows from May last year? Look at the letters in the pic.

Date: August 7, 2013 15:18

2120Wolf
DandelionPowderman
Bellajane

Why should we really care what he does, it is his life, Bella are you OK ????

Yes, I'm more than okay, so please dispense with the sarcasm. This thread about Mick Taylor's Manager is quite benign and no cause for concern. Maybe if I was insensitive and lewd, that would be more appropriate right? W.T.F.!

Date: August 7, 2013 15:21

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

What about the Iridium Jazz Club shows from May last year? Look at the letters in the pic.

That's the one I had in mind! Thanks.

Date: August 7, 2013 15:44

2120Wolf
Why I clicked on this post is beyond me, I must be just as warped - Keep Rocking It Mick !!!

Apparently you are; I mean you've hung around for awhile right? What's up with that, anyway? Criticizing people for just trying to have a decent conversation is rather counterproductive. I thought the subject matter was interesting; if you don't, then don't respond? Simple as that. Cheers!

Date: August 7, 2013 15:46

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Here's an interesting article, 'covering' a bit of this topic:

[www.nydailynews.com]

Date: August 7, 2013 15:57

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Here's an interesting article, 'covering' a bit of this topic:

[www.nydailynews.com]

I have read that already, but thanks.

Date: August 7, 2013 16:00

kleermaker

[www.nydailynews.com]

What a crap article.

Date: August 7, 2013 16:03

His Majesty
kleermaker

[www.nydailynews.com]

What a crap article.

Eye-candy for Taylorites, though smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home