Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:21

RG
What happened with the intro of JJF.. Sounds bad to me.. Too slow, like Keith is searching for the right strings..?!confused smiley

Is it from the first or second show? Was there at the first, can't remember it.. So I guess it's from july 13th.

The ITunes download is from HY1 actually. HP2 JJF was a highlight!

Date: August 8, 2013 16:32

It sounded like he didn't hear himself properly, while starting the intro...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 8, 2013 23:29

While I still say never mind a flacless or whatever format - please just give me a "Chuck-less" version, I will also say this: After many listens, I'm now inclined to say the version of Satisfaction is perhaps the greatest version of the greatest song ever.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 9, 2013 10:58

DEmerson
While I still say never mind a flacless or whatever format - please just give me a "Chuck-less" version, I will also say this: After many listens, I'm now inclined to say the version of Satisfaction is perhaps the greatest version of the greatest song ever.

Always loved the version on the Urban Jungle tour too. It's definitely the best version since then this time round. In 2007 it was absolutely dire. (Actually I didn't care that it wasn't played at the first night at the O2 last year cos I had such a bad memory of it but I'm glad I got to hear this at Hyde Park.)

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 9, 2013 18:52

Man, if you want to hear something weird --

Listen to Mick try and lead the sing-along during "Miss You." "come on! Yeah you got it! Very good! Keep going!" etc etc. (just paraphrasing here)

He sounds to me, exactly like....a gym instructor or motivational work-out coach.

Just like his dad.

Creepy.

The concert is great though, I'm not knocking it. Just that one little bit made me grin. We all sort of turn into our parents in the end, don't we?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-09 18:53 by Turning To Gold.

Date: August 13, 2013 16:27

Message from Mick on FB:

The live album from Hyde Park is only available until Sunday!

Download it while you can: [grrr.rs]

#StonesHydePark

PS: I wonder what he'll say (which excuse) when it becomes available again...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 13, 2013 19:40

DandelionPowderman

PS: I wonder what he'll say (which excuse) when it becomes available again...

I guess it will be available again - as DVD, Blu-ray or Video-Download (e.g. iTunes). And as Audio-CD (or Download from more vendors than iTunes) as addition to the DVD/Blu-ray like 'Shine A Light', 'Live Licks' and so on - with the excuse: separate Soundtrack.

Hyde Park was promised to be iTunes exclusively - and is also available at the moment on Qobuz. It would be interesting, whether HP is still available on Qobuz after Sunday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-25 10:30 by Irix.

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: August 13, 2013 20:15

Has anyone seen the promo double CD for sale on eBay of this?

Looks tasty, but bids are up to a crazy £411 with just under two hours to go.

A single CD edit sold for a comparatively sane £137 a few days ago.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: August 13, 2013 21:12

I don't think much about the mix. It has no bass at all. It sounds too compressed. For a bootleg it sounds great but not for an official release.

Like all live records since Flashpoint the overall production/sound is thin. Only No Security comes close to a great live production.

Hyde Park live is unlistenable through my hifi, even through my ears (too compressed?). Musically it's great though, interesting.

This must be mixed especially for the mp3 market, not for audiolovers.

Date: August 13, 2013 23:31

Muddyw
I don't think much about the mix. It has no bass at all. It sounds too compressed. For a bootleg it sounds great but not for an official release.

Like all live records since Flashpoint the overall production/sound is thin. Only No Security comes close to a great live production.

Hyde Park live is unlistenable through my hifi, even through my ears (too compressed?). Musically it's great though, interesting.

This must be mixed especially for the mp3 market, not for audiolovers.

It doesn't sound thin, nor is it light on bass. confused smiley

difference between start me up july 6th and Itunes
Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: August 14, 2013 12:04

Hello everyone, I hope this post has not been done before ....
Listening to the Hyde Park concert available on Itunes, I started noticed that the intro to "start me up" concert July 6 was reworked .... Keith crashes at the beginning of the intro playing false and iTunes, it has a nice intro without error ...
good day

Re: difference between start me up july 6th and Itunes
Date: August 14, 2013 12:20

LERIFFHUMAIN

I started noticed that the intro to "start me up" concert July 6 was reworked ....

What did you expect ? winking smiley

It's also possible, that 'Start Me Up' is from Hyde Park #2 on the 13th July or the Intro only is from a another concert.

Here a overview to the 'Hyde Park Live' sources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 12:30 by Irix.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 14, 2013 12:23

LERIFFHUMAIN
Hello everyone, I hope this post has not been done before ....
Listening to the Hyde Park concert available on Itunes, I started noticed that the intro to "start me up" concert July 6 was reworked .... Keith crashes at the beginning of the intro playing false and iTunes, it has a nice intro without error ...
good day

Nevermind, there has actually been a profound discussion on the false or crashed intro riff to SMU on July 6 and 13 respectively and the itunes overdubbed version. The final results of our experts discussions - if I remember correctly - being in the sense of "he must accidentally have slipped on the fingerboard".

Would someone kindly help with the link, please?

Date: August 14, 2013 13:17

Irix
LERIFFHUMAIN

I started noticed that the intro to "start me up" concert July 6 was reworked ....

What did you expect ? winking smiley

It's also possible, that 'Start Me Up' is from Hyde Park #2 on the 13th July or the Intro only is from a another concert.

Here a overview to the 'Hyde Park Live' sources.

I'd say that can't be, cause both intros, the one of the 6th as well as the one of 13th, are crashed ones.

BTW, for comparison, is "SMU Live Hyde Park 2013 itunes" anywhere available for hearing without having to buy the itunes thing, for those who don't have the necessary itunes gear? I mean on youtube or somewhere, please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 13:18 by dead.flowers.

Date: August 14, 2013 13:21

Clearmountain just pasted in the riff from later in the song, and put it in the beginning. Stuff like that is very common when making a live album.

Date: August 14, 2013 15:45

Irix

It's also possible, that 'Start Me Up' is from Hyde Park #2 on the 13th July [...]

dead.flowers

I'd say that can't be, cause both intros, the one of the 6th as well as the one of 13th, are crashed ones.

Yes, they are both crashed ones, but I would say not the same way (6th more, 13th less).

The appropriate YouTube videos (6th July, 13th July) are blocked in the meantime by Eagle Records.

But there are still the audience recordings.

I was at Hyde Park #2 - I didn't notice the Intro because the people around me and I were overwhelmed to see the Stones again, the Intro went down in the shouting.

'Start Me Up' from 'Hyde Park Live' is also available as single Track at Qobuz. It could be that you have to use a free anonymous proxy server from France with your browser or network settings, because the purchase at Qobuz is not possible outside of France.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 16:20 by Irix.

Date: August 14, 2013 16:16

Yes, they are both crashed ones, but I would say not the same way (6th more, 13th less).

Exactly.

I was at Hyde Park #2 - I didn't notice the Intro because the people around me and I were overwhelmed to see the Stones again, the Intro went down in the shouting.

Right. That's the way it is.

The appropriate YouTube videos (6th July, 13th July) are blocked in the meantime by Eagle Records.

I don't know which ones you mean. But when I search for "Start Me Up Hyde Park 2013" on youtube, I get a lot of clips of both 6th and 13th.

This one has a clear audio of HP1 on 6th. The intro riff at about 01:48:-

[www.youtube.com]

And this one is of HP2 on 13th. The intro riff being at about=1:46:-

[www.youtube.com]

With love from Hamburg

dead.flowers

PS: But still: Is the itunes overdubbed SMU HP available somewhere on youtube, please?

Date: August 14, 2013 16:40

Thanks for the YouTube links. I hadn't searched directly on YouTube - my links were still from the both 'Hyde Park show live comments' here on IORR.

There is a big difference between the Intro from the iTunes 'Hyde Park Live' and the YouTube videos above .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-15 23:00 by Irix.

Date: August 14, 2013 17:25

Irix

Thanks for the YouTube links. I hadn't searched directly on YouTube - my links were still from the both 'Hyde Park show live comments' on IORR.

You're welcome.

"my links were still from the both 'Hyde Park show live comments' on IORR"

That raises another question, in which, I guess, our moderator can help. I noted that in the "World Tour 2012 - 2013" pages of this board, the section "videos" is missing for the last three gigs, viz. Glasto, HP1 and HP2. And I remember some discussion round here to the tenor that the videos were possibly cut out upon special request before the background that there might be some live movie project on the way.

Cheers - dead.flowers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 17:54 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 14, 2013 17:48

I was at HP2 and since here ar IORR the so called "scarf me up" intro was heavily discussed for nearly a week by then (I guess only the Why did the Roman empire fell" question could get more theories as an answer than the "what happened at SMU"...) I was somewhat expecting that moment so could definetly hear the wreck that was Keiths guitar doing for the first reefs...

BTW: seems as if HP1 did not have those fire works that went up blasting just as SMU started. Am I right? in HP2 they kind of created a big cheer by the crowd which helped covering the botched intro.

Date: August 14, 2013 17:50

dead.flowers

Glasto, HP1 and HP2. And I remember some discussion round here to the tenor that the videos were possibly cut out upon special request before the background that there might be some live movie project on the way.

I guess strongly that Glastonbury and Hyde Park will be available soon on DVD, Blu-ray as well as Video-Download (e. g. iTunes).

It might be that the 'Hyde Park Live' album will be then available again as 'separate Soundtrack'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-14 18:05 by Irix.

Date: August 14, 2013 18:08

Wroclaw

here ar IORR the so called "scarf me up" intro was heavily discussed for nearly a week by then (I guess only the Why did the Roman empire fell" question could get more theories as an answer than the "what happened at SMU"...)

You make me laugh. But that's how it was. Where again is the link to these discussions?

Even recognized musician experts on this board seriously considered if Keith, after many a long year, being bored with always the same riff on SMU, wanted some change and had elaborated that new and dissonant riff, which in my opinion after having carefully followed up these discussions, was a mere "slipped on the fretboard accident" that incidentally occured twice in a row.

Still funny.

Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: August 14, 2013 21:15

ok thank you all for your explanations and your different point of viewsmiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 15, 2013 05:06

I honestly expected more from Bob Clearmountain. I am curious if he is happy with what landed on iTunes. I haven't looked at the credits but I am curious if it was butchered by whoever did the mastering. It is compressed beyond belief and I doubt I will ever listen to it again. Setlist complaints aside, the show is not one of their best. It really isn't. Can we get the engineer from Handsone Girls to come back and mix an album from this tour?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 15, 2013 06:37

flacnvinyl
I honestly expected more from Bob Clearmountain. I am curious if he is happy with what landed on iTunes. I haven't looked at the credits but I am curious if it was butchered by whoever did the mastering. It is compressed beyond belief and I doubt I will ever listen to it again. Setlist complaints aside, the show is not one of their best. It really isn't. Can we get the engineer from Handsone Girls to come back and mix an album from this tour?

Thanks for the heads up. I've been debating on getting it but it's just been convincing enough to NOT bother since it's all MP3ed to death and, well, Shine A Light was proof enough.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 15, 2013 07:12

Just get it.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:35

Aquamarine
Just get it.

thumbs up

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 20, 2013 22:45

Has anyone checked if it has really disappeared from iTunes store ?

It seems weird because it's still available on Amazon and Qobuz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-20 22:51 by kowalski.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2013 23:04

kowalski

Still listed on itunes UK: [itunes.apple.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 20, 2013 23:15

kowalski

Yes, still listed on iTunes in Germany too, even at the title page of the iTunes store.

Seems to be available on Amazon France exclusive, because it seems to be not available on the other Amazon stores in the rest of the world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-20 23:40 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home