Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 30, 2013 02:25

24FPS
kowalski
DandelionPowderman

You need a media player, otherwise you are only able to play the files on the cd-format (which indeed isn't a lossless format either).

What did you have in mind, transferring the files to vinyl? Tape?

No, it's not nonsense.

You don't need iTunes to play AAC files on a computer. Many other media players can AAC files. Forcing the customer to install iTunes is just a way to make him stay in the iTunes/Apple world so that he will buy more Apple products (music, apps...). Never trust a company that force you to do things you don't need. That's the reason why I won't let iTunes enter any of my computers and never buy anything from Apple. Just too restrictive.

Then, you can't have Hyde Park, period. End of discussion. Maybe it will be available some other way in the future, but I doubt it.

It's currently available on Qobuz in true lossless : [www.qobuz.com]
And will be most probably available on CD and DVD in September or something...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-30 02:27 by kowalski.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 30, 2013 02:33

I don't get the logic here. Why is it evil to offer an album for sale via iTunes, and say that to get it you need iTunes? Which is free, and can be immediately uninstalled, which only takes a couple of minutes.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: July 30, 2013 03:01

Question for Hyde Park attendees... how loud was the bass on Emotional Rescue at Hyde Park compared to the cd? The bass was killer (in a good way) on emotional rescue in the arena shows, but it doesn't seem as loud on the CD. But what was it like live at Hyde Park?

Posted by: steini ()
Date: July 30, 2013 05:04

It was similar to the cd as i can recall from the spot i was in (tier 2). It sounded terrific like on the cd. I think that a bass sound outdoors vs indoors is usually different because of the walls and roof and i´ve more often heard bad bass indoors.
The only sound issue i wish i had been different and that vas the volume in the beginning, it was to low in my opinion. I don´t want extremely loud but i should not be able to talk to the person next to me easily during a song.

Date: July 30, 2013 05:36

Yeah They are doing really well in arenas now. My hats too to D jones for his bass playing. He is a great bassist.

Hyde Park mix is incredible. I just bought it. This is GREAT and making my really happy! This will be one i will listen to a lot.

How does Bob do it so quickly??? If he can do that, I'd love to hang with him for a day at his house and hear some of his mixing collections from the early days. I did not like how he mixed Brussels, I thought Mick Taylor was too low. I love it when you can hear him scream, but this is great and very much like the concerts!

Date: July 30, 2013 05:42

HAHAHA MIDNIGHT RAMBLER IS KICKING ASS lol

Date: July 30, 2013 08:34

24FPS
kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Deltics
DandelionPowderman
Deltics
DandelionPowderman
Whale
What everybody seems to ignore is that apart from the lossy format, you also need to download a crappy piece of a software to the pc. The previous setup where you just without registering enter you credit card details and get the files on the computer was much better. I paid for all 6 concerts. But not for this one. No nonsense software on my PC please.

It takes two minutes, and is done in excact the same way you download other types of software or media players.

But why should we have to install ANY software in order to download an MP3?

Because if you don't you can't play the digital AAC-files on digital media players...

In your car, on your phone, on your iPod, on your surround tv-system etc etc

Nonsense.

You need a media player, otherwise you are only able to play the files on the cd-format (which indeed isn't a lossless format either).

What did you have in mind, transferring the files to vinyl? Tape?

No, it's not nonsense.

You don't need iTunes to play AAC files on a computer. Many other media players can AAC files. Forcing the customer to install iTunes is just a way to make him stay in the iTunes/Apple world so that he will buy more Apple products (music, apps...). Never trust a company that force you to do things you don't need. That's the reason why I won't let iTunes enter any of my computers and never buy anything from Apple. Just too restrictive.

I don't have the iTunes-player on the computer I downloaded this show on anymore.

I just uninstalled it after I made a cd of the concert + transferred the files to my Samsung Galaxy, which plays the AACs just fine.

You can do it this way, too, and delete your Apple account and ID while you're at it. It really isn't that hard smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-30 08:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:01

From Billboard:

"The Rolling Stones’ Hyde Park Live, an iTunes exclusive, debuts at #19. It’s the band’s 11th live album to make the chart. The first was Got Live If You Want It! in December 1966. The highest-charting were 1977’s Love You Live and 1982’s “Still Life” (American Concert 1981), both of which reached #5."

Chart Peaks for their live albums (UK & US)

1966 - Got Live If You Want It! (US #6)
1970 - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! (UK #1 / US #6)
1977 - Love You Live (UK #3 / US #5)
1982 - Still Life (UK #4 / US #5)
1991 - Flashpoint (UK #6 / US #16)
1995 - Stripped (UK & US #9)
1996 - Rock & Roll Circus (US #92)
1998 - No Security (UK #67 / US #34)
2004 - Live Licks (UK #38 / US #50)
2008 - Shine a Light (UK #2 / US #11)
2013 - Hyde Park Live (UK #16 / US #19)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:23

What's the supposed logic behind making this available for only four weeks? Anyone?confused smiley

Date: August 1, 2013 15:25

Gazza
What's the supposed logic behind making this available for only four weeks? Anyone?confused smiley

To make us pay quadruple for the DVD later on?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:34

DandelionPowderman
Gazza

To make us pay quadruple for the DVD later on?

>grinning smiley<
At least we've heard enough to know that a DVD/Blu Ray might be worth forking out for

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:35

Gazza

Artificially limiting supply and encouraging customers to buy right now. Actually makes sense in my opinion - from a marketing perspective. No doubt the album will be available afterwards as well.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:37

Gazza

I remember Jagger saying, think around No Security time, that there really wasn't the market for live albums anymore. That it is only for "die hards". So, by making a live release available ONLY in a small window pushes all of the real stones fans to buy before it is too late.
THEY know us too well smiling smiley

Wait a few months, i'm sure there'll be a CD/DVD combo too! winking smiley

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:43

Getting tired of this downloading shit. Give me vinyl, a proper cd or I'm out from now on.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: August 1, 2013 17:12

Lorenz
Gazza

Artificially limiting supply and encouraging customers to buy right now. Actually makes sense in my opinion - from a marketing perspective. No doubt the album will be available afterwards as well.
thumbs up

Posted by: bennyboy ()
Date: August 1, 2013 17:39

Stones Blah
Getting tired of this downloading shit. Give me vinyl, a proper cd or I'm out from now on.

Tired of clicking a mouse? Poor thing.

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: August 1, 2013 17:39

Lorenz
Gazza

I thought it was a four week exclusive deal with Itunes....after that it would be available at the other usual places like Amazon, etc....

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:13

bennyboy
Stones Blah

Nothing to do with clicking a mouse.

Posted by: bennyboy ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:22

Stones Blah
bennyboy
Stones Blah

Nothing to do with clicking a mouse.

Looking at the screen? Blinking helps.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:41

Lorenz
Gazza

It would have made sense from a marketing perspective had it been announced a few weeks in advance that it was going to be released. Instead, it just 'appeared' out of nowhere with no fanfare or prior warning.

Too bad for anyone who doesnt check Stones fansites and facebook pages regularly or who happened to be on a summer holiday. By the time the music press get to review it (which usually happens a week or two prior to a release date) it'll already be deleted.

I dont see how making something available for four weeks is going to make it sell better than something thats available indefinitely. The latter method seems to have worked fine up to now.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:49

Gazza
Lorenz
Gazza

It would have made sense from a marketing perspective had it been announced a few weeks in advance that it was going to be released. Instead, it just 'appeared' out of nowhere with no fanfare or prior warning.

Too bad for anyone who doesnt check Stones fansites and facebook pages regularly or who happened to be on a summer holiday. By the time the music press get to review it (which usually happens a week or two prior to a release date) it'll already be deleted.

I dont see how making something available for four weeks is going to make it sell better than something thats available indefinitely. The latter method seems to have worked fine up to now.
It did show up in the charts. That might have been the aim. Surely it will be available in different formats in time.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:50

Would it kill them to put it out on 8-track? I'm dying here...

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 1, 2013 18:59

Munichhilton

You should think by now they should know IORRians decide what's to be released and in which format. winking smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 1, 2013 19:04

Britney
Munichhilton

You should think by now they should know IORRians decide what's to be released and in which format. winking smiley

I know! I've never seen so many bands chart by selling thin air to their fans!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2013 23:22

Munichhilton
Britney
Munichhilton

I know! I've never seen so many bands chart by selling thin air to their fans!

Used to be a time when fat air was all the rage. I can never keep up with the changing fashions.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 2, 2013 00:34

Gazza

A marketing test, probably just to see where the biggest demand would be internationally to plan for the next leg of the tour. People who are instantly interested in the new live CD will be the most interested in seeing them live in concert. I would bet that the countries that made Hyde Park Live number 1 in downloads will be the next countries where the band will be playing live.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 2, 2013 00:49

georgelicks
From Billboard:

"The Rolling Stones’ Hyde Park Live, an iTunes exclusive, debuts at #19. It’s the band’s 11th live album to make the chart. The first was Got Live If You Want It! in December 1966. The highest-charting were 1977’s Love You Live and 1982’s “Still Life” (American Concert 1981), both of which reached #5."

Chart Peaks for their live albums (UK & US)

1966 - Got Live If You Want It! (US #6)
1970 - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! (UK #1 / US #6)

I find it funny that these two reached the same chart position in the US.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 2, 2013 15:12

kwf
Lorenz
Gazza

I thought it was a four week exclusive deal with Itunes....after that it would be available at the other usual places like Amazon, etc....

I certainly hope so. If it turns out to be a true limited-edition it will be very unfair and extremely annoying - but I think they just wanted to score an I-Tunes No.1 by concentrating all the purchases there for a while.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 2, 2013 20:05

Listening to SFM right now, it rocks! Can't believe it's been three weeks since the second show now...what I'd give to go back to that thrill!

As much as I'd like to get a new album I think I'll settle for some more shows ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 2, 2013 20:30

gotdablouse
Listening to SFM right now, it rocks! Can't believe it's been three weeks since the second show now...what I'd give to go back to that thrill!

As much as I'd like to get a new album I think I'll settle for some more shows ;-)

Well I'm not the usual complainer. But to my ears there's something off with the Hyde Park mix. Given it's an official release it simply should sound 'better'. Maybe it's the lossy character of the AAC format. The good news is that the playing of the boys is up to par.

www.rsundercover.eu

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home