Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:21

It's a slippery slope, downloading. winking smiley

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:26

Gimmie shelter is out if this world ! Just connecting with the next!!

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:28

love it, but why did they leave out that great version of bitch? outside of the japan 90 download, they have never released bitch on any of the official concert cd releases, also why is it only available for a limited time? unless they are going to release a cd version later this year? just give me a live bitch

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:28

Without a doubt the best Gimmie shelter and sfm since paradiso club show!!

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:39

DandelionPowderman
Seemingly, many fans here haven't downloaded the 6 releases from last year??? confused smiley

srry mate,ive been away for some certain time,..did i miss some official live shows to buy?

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:46

TeleK
DandelionPowderman
Seemingly, many fans here haven't downloaded the 6 releases from last year??? confused smiley

srry mate,ive been away for some certain time,..did i miss some official live shows to buy?

I pray this is a joke. I can't imagine a life without Brussels Affair...

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:47

i talk about shows from this n maybe last year,..all others mate,are well stored here in different versions grinning smiley (vinyl,cd,mp3)

i mean, its posted in a this year show,..so ,..old ,very old shows,dont count here imo grinning smiley thats why i ask lol

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 01:48 by TeleK.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:15

Original release on iTunes, therefore not lossy (as there's no other release to compare it to anyway). Nay sayers go back to your lp's and headphones on your bean-bag chairs. Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to ROCK ON!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 02:18 by shadooby.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:24

rebelrebel
shadooby
Just listening to Before They Make Me Run, Keith is back, he's actually playing that thing slung over his shoulder while he's singing again! Licks/Bang/Shine A Light was more about posing, this short tour was rock and roll.

I've not heard this release yet so I can't comment but has anyone compared this official release with a bootleg? Just cos I was there and watching carefully and he hardly touched the guitar while singing Before They Make Me Run.

Say it ain't so...Joe. So who's in the right channel, Mick? I know Keef's riffs when I hear 'em. Are you sure you weren't taking wee break?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 02:29 by shadooby.

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: July 27, 2013 04:51

ifyacantrockme
Overall I think this is a pretty good live album. My only and one complaint (Stones fans are so hard on their band aren't they?) is Emotional Rescue.

I listened to the studio version. I think they need to play the arrangement closer to the studio version than what they did. The 'oo-oo' part is way too long. The band seemingly vamps on one chord forever and it just goes on and on. The studio version is tighter and gives the appearance of different things and parts in the arrangement.

If they should do this again...I wish they'd re-listen to the studio version and take some notes, I think it would go over better and sound tighter live.

Otherwise, I love the album!

thumbs up

Date: July 27, 2013 08:24

artinis1
love it, but why did they leave out that great version of bitch? outside of the japan 90 download, they have never released bitch on any of the official concert cd releases, also why is it only available for a limited time? unless they are going to release a cd version later this year? just give me a live bitch

Because it's full of mistakes.

Date: July 27, 2013 08:29

shadooby
rebelrebel
shadooby
Just listening to Before They Make Me Run, Keith is back, he's actually playing that thing slung over his shoulder while he's singing again! Licks/Bang/Shine A Light was more about posing, this short tour was rock and roll.

I've not heard this release yet so I can't comment but has anyone compared this official release with a bootleg? Just cos I was there and watching carefully and he hardly touched the guitar while singing Before They Make Me Run.

Say it ain't so...Joe. So who's in the right channel, Mick? I know Keef's riffs when I hear 'em. Are you sure you weren't taking wee break?

He played on about every other chorus + on every verse, just like on this release.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 27, 2013 12:15

Well isn't technology wonderful,I can't get this show to download on to this computer no matter what I try
I have an i tunes account I have the spare cash to buy it but no way will it happewn on here.
So I have to go ans ask my son to try he can't either,then he tries his computer using my account and my money,bingo we have it,takes a while to download stops a few times but he now has it on his laptop,but hes gone to Chicago for a holiday so I still don't have it I check on my account on my laptop and it is not in recent purchaces ,same account name same password just a different laptop.
So it's not in my i tunes account even though I have bought it.
Well as I said earlier isn't technology wonderful,cos now it is on my laptop its even in my itunes account,why ? because I downloaded it in seconds from tpb it worked first time and I moved it onto an old samsung phone I have that has a lot of boots on it and very good it is too.
Why is it easier to get this off a torrent that it is to get it officially even after I bought it.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 27, 2013 14:46

shadooby
rebelrebel
shadooby

I said "while singing". Here's the video. If you think he's playing a lot while singing I ain't gonna argue.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 27, 2013 17:38

shadooby
Original release on iTunes, therefore not lossy (as there's no other release to compare it to anyway). Nay sayers go back to your lp's and headphones on your bean-bag chairs. Meanwhile the rest of us will continue to ROCK ON!!!

digital snob

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 27, 2013 21:07

A really nice tour document, love hearing it.
Would like to thank The Stones, because, I can play this
great album around the house, or in my car, and really dig it.

I don't care about how much money they made doing it, I don't
care about the music guru's that want to dissect the sound, I
don't care. It's live and dirty, just the way it was played.

Yup!

Posted by: steini ()
Date: July 27, 2013 23:30

Indeed i can not see or hear better than Keith plays alot while singing, he tends to put the effort in singing on the chorus but during verses he is playing. Check out tours post 1989 and listen (of course only possible in the cases when he remembers to put his mouth near the mike or Mick helps him)how badly he sang or mostly yell. Because all the talk about´the Stones getting more Vegas style or old or whatever it´s rarely mentioned how Keith´s singing has grown and is masterful since 1989! For example Slipping Away 2003, All About You 1997 You got the Silver 1999. He sang brilliantly most of the time and his spot on the 1972 tour or 1975 pale to say at least in comparison, although maby he hits the strings more times per minuite back in 72!

Date: July 28, 2013 00:38

Keith has a great blues voice these days.

adotulipson
Well isn't technology wonderful,I can't get this show to download on to this computer no matter what I try
I have an i tunes account I have the spare cash to buy it but no way will it happewn on here.
So I have to go ans ask my son to try he can't either,then he tries his computer using my account and my money,bingo we have it,takes a while to download stops a few times but he now has it on his laptop,but hes gone to Chicago for a holiday so I still don't have it I check on my account on my laptop and it is not in recent purchaces ,same account name same password just a different laptop.
Well as I said earlier isn't technology wonderful,cos now it is on my laptop its even in my itunes account,why ? because I downloaded it in seconds from tpb it worked first time and I moved it onto an old samsung phone I have that has a lot of boots on it and very good it is too.
Why is it easier to get this off a torrent that it is to get it officially even after I bought it.

Call Apple support. They'll sort out the iTunes issue, guaranteed.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: July 28, 2013 10:18

kowalski

If you mean burning iTunes tracks on a CD, that's right there will be no There will be a difference if the source for the CD is lossless (flac, alac, wav.

When an iTunes AAC track and CD is mastered from the same 24/96 master, I don't believe there's any audible difference. I've never seen any evidence utilising the scientific method that says otherwise. In saying that, one buyer can have a preference for one form or the other for any reason they please.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 28, 2013 12:37

Finally managed to download iTunes on my 6 year old laptop that I can' t afford to replace due to expenses incurred for three Stones concerts since November. Anyway I have got it now and really love it, reminds me of being there on those two fantastic Saturdays. Time for a good fry up at the caff.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 28, 2013 13:56

desertblues68
Time for a good fry up at the caff.

Sounds like fun ... but what does it mean ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 28, 2013 14:16

Aquamarine

adotulipson

Well I have had several emails from i tunes but no help ,no matter now anyway cos as I said it was easier to download it from pirate play or whatever and do it that way.
In the mean time the official version is still on my sons laptop all paid for and legitimate so I have no remorse or regret for using tpb .
The actual concert is pretty good nice sound and feel to it,can't quite get the playing in tune and no bum notes though,almost to musically correct.

Rolling Stones live at Hyde Park number 1 in 11 countries
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 27, 2013 12:05

Re: Rolling Stones live at Hyde Park number 1 in 11 countries
Date: July 27, 2013 12:28

I can't upload f****g I tunes on my 'mature' laptop. Will try again.....

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 27, 2013 16:38

"The project, which captures the final shows of the band's "50 & Counting" tour, has topped the iTunes charts in Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland"

Greece, Italy, Spain... It seems like South Europe says to the Stones "hey, boys, we need some gigs here" ("....but be carefull with the prices, especially here- OK?")

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 27, 2013 18:12

laertisflash
"The project, which captures the final shows of the band's "50 & Counting" tour, has topped the iTunes charts in Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland"

Greece, Italy, Spain... It seems like South Europe says to the Stones "hey, boys, we need some gigs here" ("....but be carefull with the prices, especially here- OK?")

Exactly! On July, 31, Roger Waters is playing at the Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece and tickets range from 60 to 40 Euros, with tickets for the unemployed at a lower price. There was even a one-day opportunity the day before yesterday to purchase a limited number of tickets at 18 Euros. Pink Floyd are very very popular in Greece and their album "The Wall" is an all-time best seller! Tickets are still available however!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 28, 2013 23:23

First chart debuts:

#1 in the Netherlands (!!!!)
[dutchcharts.nl]

#16 in the UK
[www.officialcharts.com]

(Grrr is still at #50 after 37 weeks)

#41 in Ireland
[www.irma.ie]

Date: July 29, 2013 01:12

desertblues68
Finally managed to download iTunes on my 6 year old laptop that I can' t afford to replace due to expenses incurred for three Stones concerts since November. Anyway I have got it now and really love it, reminds me of being there on those two fantastic Saturdays. Time for a good fry up at the caff.
Fry up is a full English Breakfast, the caff is a cafè.

Date: July 29, 2013 01:17

Doesn't have to be a breakfast, does it? I've had them for supper on occasion. grinning smiley

adotulipson
Aquamarine

adotulipson

Well I have had several emails from i tunes but no help ,no matter now anyway cos as I said it was easier to download it from pirate play or whatever and do it that way.
In the mean time the official version is still on my sons laptop all paid for and legitimate so I have no remorse or regret for using tpb .
The actual concert is pretty good nice sound and feel to it,can't quite get the playing in tune and no bum notes though,almost to musically correct.

No, talk to them on the phone. (I realize you've got the music now anyway, this is just for future reference.) You can send them an email asking them to call you, which they will often do immediately, then somebody walks you through the process and fixes things for you. Apple support is terrific, really.

Date: July 29, 2013 01:28

Aquamarine
Doesn't have to be a breakfast, does it? I've had them for supper on occasion. grinning smiley

adotulipson
Aquamarine

adotulipson

No, talk to them on the phone. (I realize you've got the music now anyway, this is just for future reference.) You can send them an email asking them to call you, which they will often do immediately, then somebody walks you through the process and fixes things for you. Apple support is terrific, really.

Thanks I will give it a try in the week

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home