Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:11

SirMuddy
p.s. Someone knows if the flute was played live ?? (if it's recorded it sound like a new recording) or maybe it's Tim Ries on alto sax in the background confused smiley

It was Tim Ries on soprano sax. He did good and it was quite moving to hear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-22 20:13 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Ross ()

Wow! This is great. What a great surprise! A near flawless performance mixed to perfection. Any word on who mixed this? Gotta be Clearmountain. I like where he puts everything with the Stones. Cudos to whoever the mixer is!

Ross

Posted by: nobodysbusiness ()

On the second run through of it now and I think it sounds great. I was lucky enough to have been at both shows and whether or not people term this as a 'souvenir' is irrelevant, i think it's a totally valid and honest sounding show (apart from Keef's SMU intro). It's a massive moment in both Rock 'n' Roll and Stones History and it's there for most people to enjoy (if yoou have Itunes). I haven't posted on here before but I read this forum religously and am constantly astounded by how much people moan and complain. I love the band and I for one am so glad to have this recording of what was a most incredible two weekends. Sometimes it seems as though posters on here think that because they are such ardent fans they have some duty to pull everything apart, analyse, dissect and scrutinise everything that the band does instead of just sitting back and enjoying the music.
I'm prepare to be slated for my comments, but I also would like to say how much I do genuinely enjoy reading many peoples thoughts and opinions.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:13

nobodysbusiness
On the second run through of it now and I think it sounds great. I was lucky enough to have been at both shows and whether or not people term this as a 'souvenir' is irrelevant, i think it's a totally valid and honest sounding show (apart from Keef's SMU intro). It's a massive moment in both Rock 'n' Roll and Stones History and it's there for most people to enjoy (if yoou have Itunes). I haven't posted on here before but I read this forum religously and am constantly astounded by how much people moan and complain. I love the band and I for one am so glad to have this recording of what was a most incredible two weekends. Sometimes it seems as though posters on here think that because they are such ardent fans they have some duty to pull everything apart, analyse, dissect and scrutinise everything that the band does instead of just sitting back and enjoying the music.
I'm prepare to be slated for my comments, but I also would like to say how much I do genuinely enjoy reading many peoples thoughts and opinions.

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:13

it sounds really really great. the only thing that gets I don`t like is the little gap between the songs....

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:15

Bastion
Oh god I can hear myself during band introductions HAHA YES!!!!

"Paint it Black you devil!"

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:19

hockenheim95
it sounds really really great. the only thing that gets I don`t like is the little gap between the songs....

No gap on my download

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:19

Ross
Any word on who mixed this? Gotta be Clearmountain.

It is indeed.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:21

I haven't had a chance to read the credits etc. This was a really fast release, any word on who and where the mixing was done? All accounts so far seem to say it was nicely mixed.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:22

bye bye johnny
Ross
Any word on who mixed this? Gotta be Clearmountain.

It is indeed.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Thanks! Thought so. Nobody knows better how this band should sound live! This is great.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:27

hockenheim95

IF you burned it to CD you have to tell it not to put the 2 second gap (default setting on iTunes) between songs, it's an option when you click "File>Burn"

That shouldn't be happening if you are playing right from your computer.

Glad I made the trip, and glad they released this so fast!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-22 20:28 by Woz.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:32

Woz
hockenheim95

IF you burned it to CD you have to tell it not to put the 2 second gap (default setting on iTunes) between songs, it's an option when you click "File>Burn"

I don`t mean a 2 second gap. It is shorter but it is there. The beginning of Doom and Gloom is cut too

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:42

Thankx With Sssoul! A feel a bit less stupid now! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: basti ()
Date: July 22, 2013 20:58

great sound
and emotional rescue smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:00

Me and Deltics can't be the only people in the world who don't want to be subjects of the I-Empire - but if this is only available for a month I don't suppose it will be available anywhere else.

Edit - it's an Itunes exclusive, so we'll just have to live without it. Snarl mutter curse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-22 21:02 by Green Lady.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:03

Green Lady
Me and Deltics can't be the only people in the world who don't want to be subjects of the I-Empire -
but if this is only available for a month I don't suppose it will be available anywhere else.

Don't worry, Green Lady & Deltics - I'm in the same situation

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:08

So great that this has been made available and allows those who were there to relive the glorious moments - and for those that weren't lucky enough to be there of course.

Although I'd wish they'd kept the SMU intro as it was in all its glory.

I wander where the 'correct' version was flown in from.

Answers on a postcard.

Date: July 22, 2013 21:08

Wonder why google music didn't carry this????

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:12

hockenheim95
Woz
hockenheim95

I don`t mean a 2 second gap. It is shorter but it is there. The beginning of Doom and Gloom is cut too

well, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to make you listen to 20 seconds of keith and ronnie changing their guitars, and IMO it's more honest to leave a tiny gap than splice an edit together so that it seems like it wasn't cut.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:16

with sssoul
Green Lady
Me and Deltics can't be the only people in the world who don't want to be subjects of the I-Empire -
but if this is only available for a month I don't suppose it will be available anywhere else.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:23

Would like this but iTunes? MP3?, I would have at least expected a flac version somewhere. MP3's sound do lifeless and flat in comparison to Wav/flac. It's a strange choice to make when all the bootleg series has had the flac option.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:23

DAMN. After so many YEARS still STONED TO THE BONE. NO COMPLAINTS.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:35

Just caved in! No Regrets! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:48

Incredible production. Lovin' it. Next best thing to being there again.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:01

with sssoul
Green Lady

Applemania for the win >grinning smiley<
(I think nowadays it is kind of elementary to offer exclusive content on iTunes - that's where the consumers and their money are. Same for AC/DC. Or that other band of course...)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:08

Why don't those without iTunes, download it and the Hyde Park show and then delete the application again? Or do you have to own an iPod, pad, phone, etc?

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:12

This is.....really rather good, isn't it?

Rambler is great.

Date: July 22, 2013 22:14

Better than live licks

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:17

Big Al
Why don't those without iTunes, download it and the Hyde Park show and then delete the application again? Or do you have to own an iPod, pad, phone, etc?

I don't think you need a device but I don't want to open an account with them either.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: AP ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:23

No flac no pay. Where can I get these mp3 for free? If nowhere, I'll skip them.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home