Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick's 70th birthday party - London, July 13
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 14, 2013 19:48

Rocking out with his girls: Mick Jagger celebrates his 70th birthday early with the women in his life

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 05:44 EST, 14 July 2013

Sir Mick Jagger was surrounded by celebrity pals and doting family as he celebrated turning 70 at an early birthday party in London.

The rock star chose to hold the merrymaking at Loulou's Private Members Club in Mayfair to also tie in with The Rolling Stones gig after-party On Saturday night.

He had just toasted an end to the Stones' epic 50th anniversary tour at Hyde Park on Saturday, after almost 44 years since the band's last appearance there.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 16:46 by bv.

Re: 50 & Counting tour wrap/Mick's 70th birthday party - London, July 13
Date: July 14, 2013 19:49

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:02

Where the heck was Keith?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:23

Gone

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:39

Keith was already back in his library in Connecticut.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:49

Some more pics of the party:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:50

Hope he stays away from all the ladders there.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 14, 2013 21:35

Would it kill Keith to participate in the occasional social/band sponsored events?

The occasional brief voluntary appearance would be nice.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2013 22:28

Huh? "epic 50th anniversary tour?" Epic?

Come on. Goddamn. It was not "epic".

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:05

at least $50 million and counting tour has been lot of fun.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:44

MisterDDDD
Would it kill Keith to participate in the occasional social/band sponsored events?

It would kill Mick. I'm sure Keith would be just fine with appearing, but he obviously wasn't invited, and on second thought Keith doesn't really have anything in common with the people who would appear at a party given for Mick. Such is the afterLife of The Stones. They only meet professionally, never socially.

At one point toward the end of Life, Keith writes, "I used to love to hang with Mick, but I haven't gone to his dressing room in, I don't think, twenty years. Sometimes I miss my friend. Where the hell did he go?" (p. 457, hardcover)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:08

Why would you assume he wasn't invited stonehearted? I would bet that he was, as it was a tour wrap party as well as an early celebration of Mick's birthday. It would have been rude of Mick to invite all the band members and leave Keith out, he is too well mannered to behave that way, especially since they seem to have buried the hachet now.

My guess is that Keith didn't go for the same reason he doesn't go to most social gatherings...he doesn't like that sort of scene. He's never liked it and he's old enough now to have earned the right to beg off of them. I'm sure Mick wasn't the least bit disappointed or upset at Keith's absence.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:25

But when has Mick ever done an early birthday celebration? And why would he be so selfish as to divert the occasion of a tour wrap party for something as personal as a birthday celebration? It's a party to celebrate the band and the tour, yet Mick somehow uses the occasion to have everyone there celebrating him as well.

Perhaps there is some truth in what Keith wrote in chapter 12 of Life:

"....Mick had developed an overriding desire to control everything. As far as he was concerned, it was Mick Jagger and them." --p. 453 (hardcover)

Besides, Keith's absence follows a pattern that has been noted on at least two other social occasions during this tour this year, once when Mick, Ronnie, and Charlie went out to dinner--surely Keith doesn't mind that kind of scene--and the private party for band and crew only in the Cuban restaurant. Perhaps on those occasions Keith just decided to stay home with a shepard's pie and a good book instead.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:47

stonehearted
But when has Mick ever done an early birthday celebration? And why would he be so selfish as to divert the occasion of a tour wrap party for something as personal as a birthday celebration? It's a party to celebrate the band and the tour, yet Mick somehow uses the occasion to have everyone there celebrating him as well.

Perhaps there is some truth in what Keith wrote in chapter 12 of Life:

"....Mick had developed an overriding desire to control everything. As far as he was concerned, it was Mick Jagger and them." --p. 453 (hardcover)

Besides, Keith's absence follows a pattern that has been noted on at least two other social occasions during this tour this year, once when Mick, Ronnie, and Charlie went out to dinner--surely Keith doesn't mind that kind of scene--and the private party for band and crew only in the Cuban restaurant. Perhaps on those occasions Keith just decided to stay home with a shepard's pie and a good book instead.

I don't think it was selfish at all of Mick, quite the opposite. All the Stones and the crew were already in town, why not have an early party? That way, no one has to feel obligated to come back later to celebrate his birthday. I think it was quite sensible and thoughtful of him to have it early.
As for Keith, just looking at him, he is easily the one who is in the worst shape physically. I would imagine that the two hours on stage are especially grueling for him, so he probably wants to do exactly what you suggested..crawl back to Patty for some after tour TLC, a good book, and I'd bet he's asleep before the others have even arrived at the party.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 00:51

stonehearted
, and on second thought Keith doesn't really have anything in common with the people who would appear at a party given for Mick. )

Ronnie? Charlie?
The family & children of a guy he worked intensely with for 50 years?
I'm sure Keith was invited, but it probably didn't match his cool.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:09

KEITH WAS AT REDLANDS SHOOTING WATER RATS.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:28

MisterDDDD

Nice maybe for onlookers if they need a few photos to keep them happy, but who is any of us to make negative assumptions about why he did or didn't attend. It's pointless to speculate and it's all their own damn business anyway what they choose to do or not do for whatever reason.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:31

it was past KR bedtime..

Date: July 15, 2013 01:40

stonehearted

What a load of tosh - and that's even assuming in the first place that whatever the Daily Mail says about it being a birthday celebration can be taken as gospel! latebloomer's take on it makes a lot more sense.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:43

Ok I know absolutely nothing about the circumstances, logisitics, etc of why Keith was not there. But I don't think I am going out on a limb here that Keith not showing is pure bullshit on his part. I don't care what the current state of the band relations are at this point - his partner and the guy that has recently done more to fill Keith's pockets had a birthday party 1 flippin day after the tour and he tanks it.

All of the complaints all of the supposed bitchiness on Mick's part sounds awfully awfully off key when I look at Keith's actions at the end of the day.

Hope I am wrong about all of this...I suspect I am not.

Date: July 15, 2013 01:45

Beast
What a load of tosh

That.

Mick and Keith have both said they've put Life behind them. Perhaps it's time for others to do the same.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:46

....Keith stayed back to help clean up Hyde Park...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 15, 2013 01:51

bigbitch
his partner and the guy that has recently done more to fill Keith's pockets had a birthday party 1 flippin day after the tour and he tanks it.

The party followed last night's Hyde Park show. Conspiracy theories aside, it's possible Keith was just knackered.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:55

I think the theory that Keith was just a little tired are probably spot-on. He's 69, a little frail, perhaps, and probably just didn't fancy an evening in a swanky Mayfair club with swarms of paparazzi outside. I don't think I would fancy it either, actually.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 15, 2013 01:59

Ronnie still likes to play the man-about-town. He's experiences a second-coming since his embracing of sobriety and marrying again. He'd probably turn up even if not invited! I do wonder if he realises his age sometimes. Good for him.

Date: July 15, 2013 01:59

bigbitch
his partner and the guy that has recently done more to fill Keith's pockets had a birthday party 1 flippin day after the tour and he tanks it.

And vice versa. As the saying goes, a frontman is only as good as his backing band.
Good username, btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 02:00 by Beast.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:00

Keith missing there, Keith intentionnally botching the very same note of SMU for the DVD... the dotted line is quite obvious.

Date: July 15, 2013 02:03

beepee2
Keith missing there, Keith intentionnally botching the very same note of SMU for the DVD... the dotted line is quite obvious.

Do you live inside Keith's head that you know what his intentions are? For all you know, he was taking a swipe at all the comments on this forum.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:09

Rockman
....Keith stayed back to help clean up Hyde Park...

Or saw and took the opportunity to ride the carnival rides on his own.
Otherwise Mick would cut him in line.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:15

Where's Mick T? He has certainly earned his right to some R&R after all those Ramblers and Knockings. Hasn't he?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home