Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 50 & Counting tour wrap/Mick's 70th birthday party - London, July 13
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:27

Strange. No Keith, but his daughter was there.

If that's her ofcourse. Doesn't look like her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 02:29 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:32

That's actress Alice Eve, not Theordora Richards.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:34

Stoneage
Where's Mick T? He has certainly earned his right to some R&R after all those Ramblers and Knockings. Hasn't he?

So do you know that he wasn't invited? Please do tell.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2013 02:45

I don't know, Beast. That's why I asked...

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:03

Says here that Keith fell asleep

[entertainment.ie]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:35

BeautifulBuzz
Says here that Keith fell asleep

[entertainment.ie]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Diplomatic!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 15, 2013 10:38

Roadster32
Where the heck was Keith?

First plane out to Connecticut

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:30

another explanation for skipping an event like this is if you are a recovering alcoholic - avoid the temptations.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 11:49

That didn't stop Ronnie from attending.

A good reason for Keith not showing would be that it seems only Mick's friends and family were there. Aside from Ronnie and Charlie, Keith would not have had anyone to talk to. Besides, Ronnie is the recovering alcoholic not Keith--Keith has merely "cut down".

Anyway, just because Keith says he fell asleep, doesn't mean it's the truth. It may still be that Mick didn't invite him--but would Keith admit that to the press?

Or maybe Mick did actually invite him, but Keith was just too disgusted to attend. Think of what Keith wrote in chapter 12 of Life about Mick, always putting himself above the others in the band. It's supposed to be a tour wrap party to celebrate the band, and instead Mick turns it into a celebrate ME party. While he's making it an early birthday party for himself, why not also make it a belated birthday party for Ronnie and Charlie, whose respective birthdays were only last month? Did Ronnie or Charlie get such a party with celebs showing up and press photos out front of a posh club? No, only Mick gives himself that royal treatment.

Suppose your boss at work throws an employee appreciation party for people in the office, but then turns it into his own personal birthday party instead. Would you want to attend? And, as it happens, Mick is the boss and CEO of Rolling Stones, Inc.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2013 12:20

In case you didn't take in what bye bye johnny wrote earlier, here it is again:

<<Mick and Keith have both said they've put Life behind them. Perhaps it's time for others to do the same.>>

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 15, 2013 14:28

stonehearted
Anyway, just because Keith says he fell asleep, doesn't mean it's the truth.

There are no comments from Keith in either of those news pieces, just a post-show photo in the Daily Mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 14:35 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 15:43

bye bye johnny
stonehearted
Anyway, just because Keith says he fell asleep, doesn't mean it's the truth.

There are no comments from Keith in either of those news pieces, just a post-show photo in the Daily Mail.

Where am I??
...as he used to joke when getting out of a plane or bus on tour.

And where is he going?
Well he used to go to all the tour/crew parties and I'm sure he was invited to go to this one. Mick is not stupid and too much a gentleman so he would never not invite him.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 15, 2013 16:22

Poor Keith, it sucks getting older sometimes...just can't party like we used to. On the other hand, he seems to have found some balance in his life, learned to be a bit more practical and realistic about the limits of his body. That's a very good thing for him and for us too...as long as he stays healthy, I think we can look forward to more Stones tours and, hopefully, a new album.

The Sun
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 15, 2013 16:22

Re: Mick's 70th birthday party - London, July 13
Date: July 15, 2013 16:59

Mick, Darryl (behind)

[www.zimbio.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 17:00 by waitingonagirlfriend.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 15, 2013 17:19

See above

Mick's nicked Ronnie's Blue (Suede?) Shoes

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 15, 2013 17:27

Big Al
Ronnie still likes to play the man-about-town. He's experiences a second-coming since his embracing of sobriety and marrying again. He'd probably turn up even if not invited! I do wonder if he realises his age sometimes. Good for him.

second -coming..?

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 15, 2013 17:31

stonehearted
MisterDDDD
Would it kill Keith to participate in the occasional social/band sponsored events?

The occasional brief voluntary appearance would be nice.

It would kill Mick. I'm sure Keith would be just fine with appearing, but he obviously wasn't invited, and on second thought Keith doesn't really have anything in common with the people who would appear at a party given for Mick. Such is the afterLife of The Stones. They only meet professionally, never socially.

At one point toward the end of Life, Keith writes, "I used to love to hang with Mick, but I haven't gone to his dressing room in, I don't think, twenty years. Sometimes I miss my friend. Where the hell did he go?" (p. 457, hardcover)

I agree. And I think KR is being completely honest. They lead different lives, each with 2nd and/or 3rd families, etc. Also, both a bit too old for that kind of thing now.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 15, 2013 18:27

waitingonagirlfriend

Mick, Darryl (behind)

[www.zimbio.com]

Glad to see Mick Taylor was there. To pick up his million and a half pound check from the Stones accountants (hopefully) in addition to enjoying the party-passing scene

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 18:37

Roadster32
Where the heck was Keith?

Practicing the Start Me Up riff?

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: July 15, 2013 18:50

Next people will be bitching at Keith for not buying Mick a present.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 15, 2013 19:01

Did he end up buying one for Ronnie's wedding? I remember he complained about having to get one for another of his weddings...he was also supposed to be the best man with Rod, but only Rod showed up...then Keith didn't show up at that "Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar" end of US tour party...quite the hermit these days, eh!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 15, 2013 19:02

Beast
stonehearted
But when has Mick ever done an early birthday celebration? And why would he be so selfish as to divert the occasion of a tour wrap party for something as personal as a birthday celebration? It's a party to celebrate the band and the tour, yet Mick somehow uses the occasion to have everyone there celebrating him as well.

What a load of tosh - and that's even assuming in the first place that whatever the Daily Mail says about it being a birthday celebration can be taken as gospel! latebloomer's take on it makes a lot more sense.
yeah, there was nothing selfish about it at all, it's just a birthday party. And Mick and keith don't socialize, they haven't for a long time. That's all, nothing new, doesn't signify anything, except the two men don't really like each other and avoid being together.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 15, 2013 20:24

Keith had an appointment to have his blood changed!

Get off his back! Jeez!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 15, 2013 21:05

My guess is that Keith didn't really want to go. He probably fell asleep and whoever was in charge of waking him up, just didn't. Just a guess.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 15, 2013 21:39

Keith wanted to attend but his scarf got in the way.

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 21:54

He is 70 years old. He came from nearly two hours of physical request. He doesn't look specially bad for a 70 year old rocker and ex drug addict, but he doesn't look specially great neither. It's so difficult to think that he was extremely tired? Put a random 70 years old man to do the gig, and then tell him that he has to go party. We all know his probably answer.

Don't forget that. He is clearly the worst health of The Stones. Paradoxical for the man who one time was the quintaesence of a panzer rocker, the I can take everything man, but this is reality now.

Anyway, it's not a drama. It's good to see Keith able to age and not dying like many others, killed by drugs and all of that shit.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 15, 2013 22:39

Keith couldn't make it as he was practicing the intro to Start Me Up.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 22:42

Beast
In case you didn't take in what bye bye johnny wrote earlier, here it is again:

<<Mick and Keith have both said they've put Life behind them. Perhaps it's time for others to do the same.>>

In case you didn't take in what I wrote earlier, here it is again:

At one point toward the end of Life, Keith writes, "I used to love to hang with Mick, but I haven't gone to his dressing room in, I don't think, twenty years. Sometimes I miss my friend. Where the hell did he go?" (p. 457, hardcover)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 15, 2013 23:22

MisterDDDD
Would it kill Keith to participate in the occasional social/band sponsored events?

The occasional brief voluntary appearance would be nice.

your presumption is that there was an invitation.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home