Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 21, 2013 13:48

With the rumoured pricing between €150 - €260 I'm pretty sure the shows would sell out anywhere in Europe. Whether that would meet the required "minimum guarantee" I don't know.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: July 21, 2013 14:23

gotdablouse
With the rumoured pricing between €150 - €260 I'm pretty sure the shows would sell out anywhere in Europe. Whether that would meet the required "minimum guarantee" I don't know.

At these prices most of the shows will be sold out, but the prices were rumored for the Bologna show. Usually the prices in Italy were a bit lower than in UK, France, Germany and The Netherlands. I am sure that the Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and Wien shows will have ticket prices up to €350 or €400 for the pit.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: July 21, 2013 14:39

Does anybody know how high the prices were on ABB europe?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 21, 2013 14:57

I have a Düsseldorf tic which reads 188,90 Euro.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: July 21, 2013 16:47

I paid for the Frankfurt gig in the 10th row 240 € as far as I remember.

So for the pit we can expect about 400 € in my oppinion.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 21, 2013 16:51

exhpart wrote: "With the economy in Southern Europe can't see any promoter taking the risk...if the band wants 4 million to go on stage, i just feel Italy Portugal Spain Greece are all out of bounds. Maybe even France too."

I think there is a ... double solution. First thought: The Stones are demanding less than 4 million. Second thought: In some countries/cases they play huge outdoor venues (i would say Parks, mostly), charging cheaper ticket prices. A 50,000 crowd in connection with an average price per ticket 95 euros would mean gross 4,750,000 euros. Not bad at all, considering the fact that at USA- Canada, by average price per ticket $345, the average gross per arena show was $ 4,860,000. And i think that, by average prices under the level of 100 euros, the Stones could attract huge audiences in Southern Europe and maybe in East Europe too.

OK, it's an arena tour. But a few exeptions (like Hyde Park) would give solutions. And some variety...

Re: Stones Taking an August Breather to Regroup (Both Bruce and Stones)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2013 17:13

Big Al
buttons67
they neglect glasgow too.

since 1976 think they done glasgows apollo in 76 and 82.

then nothing till hampden in 1990.

then secc twice in 2003 followed by hampden in 2006.

also played edinburgh in 1999 and aberdeen in 1982.

not much else.

Well thank yourself lucky you're not a Welshman!

Cardiff: 1966, 1990, 2006... and that's it! 4 welsh shows in 40 years!

Isn't Wales like a 10 minute drive from London though?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:51

Stonesfan16

E 103 in Amsterdam
jeroen

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 21, 2013 19:23

treaclefingers

Err, no. And besides, it's the principal of it. The Stones are a British band, but can't be bothered to look beyond London.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: July 21, 2013 20:12

Big Al
treaclefingers

Err, no. And besides, it's the principal of it. The Stones are a British band, but can't be bothered to look beyond London.
Plus, Wales is a country not a town - distance from London depends on where in Wales you are!! America is only a few minutes away from Canada, but I wouldn't fancy walking it from Florida!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 21, 2013 23:15

I can't see them playing outside of London in the UK, unless it's back to stadiums. Not enough money elsewhere .

sc uk

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 22, 2013 01:28

They should be able to sell out a couple of shows in Birmingham - even with expensive ticket prices.
2-3 million people live in the area, it's easy accessible by trains from all parts of the country and The Stones haven't played there for a long, long time.

Theyn you have Echo Arena in Liverpool, Evening News in Manchester and SECC in Glasgow as well.

Personally I wouldn't mind a full UK tour, closing the circle were it started.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 22, 2013 03:07

Big Al
treaclefingers

200 miles and 4 hours with a break for me.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-22 03:08 by EddieByword.

Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Date: July 22, 2013 15:10

Stonesfan16

The prices were changing between the countries! For example I paid about 80 Euros for the gig at Goffertpark in Nijmegen and about 150,00 Euro for the show at the AOL-Arena in Hamburg in 2007. On the other hand I got 2 free tickets for the show at Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt from a radio station because the show hasn't been sold out (not least because of high-prices)!!!

I'm absolutely sure, that the german's won't pay prices as high as in the USA or UK!!! If the prices will be at the same level as the UK shows last November, I'm sure, that the Stones have to play in empty arenas! The germans are more price-sensitive in current times! If I would tell my friends, what I paid for my last two Gigs (O2 Arena London, 29th November 2012 & Hyde Park London, 6th July 2013) they would call me crazy drinking smiley!!!

Best regards,
Daniel

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 22, 2013 15:29

[quote="....If I would tell my friends, what I paid for my last two Gigs (O2 Arena London, 29th November 2012 & Hyde Park London, 6th July 2013) they would call me crazy drinking smiley!!!

Best regards,
Daniel[/quote]

Don't worry about it ... We're [i]all[/i] crazy around here ;^)

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 22, 2013 17:24

Prices have to be chosen properly. die-hard fans made a few trips to London or the US recently. I think a €85 to €220 would be "reasonable".
If the tour finds a good sponsor, it might be a possibility...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:04

Doc
Prices have to be chosen properly. die-hard fans made a few trips to London or the US recently. I think a €85 to €220 would be "reasonable".
If the tour finds a good sponsor, it might be a possibility...
We'll see. But the Prices will be US converted in Euros. That is pretty easy, as will be, if available, the VIP things.
No matter if they sell out at the requested Prices or not, the Arenas will be full anyway as the last People will go in for much under face value.
But can we just go back to the Rumoured Shows and hit the Price issue in another thread.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 22, 2013 21:29

latebloomer
What a polite bunch you all are! Taking turns is certainly important, we learn it in pre-school. But, I suspect the Stones will tour where they want to, hopefully they will start in Europe. But, being a selfish, impatient American, I'll only feel a little badly if us Yanks get to cut to the front of the line. winking smiley

Hey Latebloomer !
Nice post from you thumbs up
You put a smile on my face
Cheers ,
Al

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: July 22, 2013 22:21

Thanks for the answers.
But with a new promoter we can expect a totally new concept of tickets and ticket prices - or not...

Date: July 22, 2013 22:26

corriecas

i already paid 110 euro for Amsterdam arena in 2006. THAT price was outrageous for a terrible Arena.

Jerpen

i paid the same for a very good seat in Lyon ,2007
Keith' playing sucked but anyway I let my seat to be "front stage" cool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 22, 2013 23:22

SwayStones
latebloomer
What a polite bunch you all are! Taking turns is certainly important, we learn it in pre-school. But, I suspect the Stones will tour where they want to, hopefully they will start in Europe. But, being a selfish, impatient American, I'll only feel a little badly if us Yanks get to cut to the front of the line. winking smiley

Hey Latebloomer !
Cheers ,
Al

Hiya SwayStones, good to see your around. I was, mostly, just joking there...grinning smiley

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:55

latebloomer
SwayStones
latebloomer

Hey Latebloomer !
Cheers ,
Al

Hiya SwayStones, good to see your around. I was, mostly, just joking there...grinning smiley
I wont feel badly cutting to the front

Date: July 23, 2013 05:17

The Worst.

Personally I wouldn't mind a full UK tour, closing the circle were it started.

Nor would I. A London band performing a full UK tour shouldn't be an alien concept: Europe, some more North American shows and then the United Kingdom. Perfect thumbs up

Date: July 23, 2013 05:23

How about this?

Glasgow
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Belfast
Newcastle
Birmingham
Manchester
Liverpool
Sheffield
London

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 11:19

The last time stones were in the second city < Brum > was 1973 my first concert, the last time in the midlands area was a stafford bingley hall concert around the early eighties i think.

Date: July 23, 2013 12:56

latebloomer
SwayStones
latebloomer

Hey Latebloomer !
Cheers ,
Al

Hey !
That's why I wrote <<you put a smmile on my face " winking smiley
My hardware is dead ,so I am using my BF's computer
I am going to send you a short e-mail

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2013 13:35

Pit will be about $1000-$1500. Why would they lower the price now when the band is on fire? It will be very expensive.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 23, 2013 13:46

odean73
The last time stones were in the second city < Brum > was 1973 my first concert, the last time in the midlands area was a stafford bingley hall concert around the early eighties i think.

Stafford was in 1976 winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 23, 2013 15:12

From wegotit.at:

Rolling Stones planen 2 Wien Konzerte!

Google Translate:

Rolling Stones plan 2 Vienna concerts!

Reportedly tour will include three shows in Amsterdam and stops in Paris, Oslo, Antwerp and Germany.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 15:26

marko
odean73

Stafford was in 1976 winking smiley

I am useless at dates.smileys with beer

Should remember the stafford one as i can recall paying over the odds for a ticket at the time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home