Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame..
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:26

triceratops
WindyHorses
GRNRBITW

money is the primary motivating factor. i will no accept any dissent on this point.

Sorry, I am dissenting here. I don't buy that. Mick has more than enough money for his babies. I still think it's the music. They love the music. When they play with very good musicians like Buddy Guy or people like that- you can see the joy in their faces. To be an artist is everything. It transcends money.

All rich men like keeping score and like the stated and unstated bragging rights your increasing millions bring. Billionaires keep score. Men who own ten private jets keep score against the men who only own eight.

Mick Jagger walks into a room and people whisper -- "There he goes and have you heard he is worth $320 million after racking up $10 million more in his 2013 tour?" Then the one armed drummer for Def Leppard (worth $50 mil) walks in and is ignored

50 mil? hey that's an arm AND a leg...

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:57

GumbootCloggeroo
How many people here have actually met and hung out with Mick and Keith long enough to actually decipher the nature of their relationship or are your conclusions based on their on stage demeanor? If it's the latter, you are talking out of your ass.

Well it's a bit short-sighted to say: Since we aren't close to them --> We cannot draw a conclusion on their relationship.

On-stage interaction + books + Mick/Keith interviews + Interviews with others in the RS fam + journalist articles = enough data to form a reasonable hypothesis.

To an extant I agree that the only people on earth who understand the true nature of the relationship are Mick and Keith themselves.

But also think there is enough info out there to start a conversation....

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:29

mgshorr
GumbootCloggeroo
How many people here have actually met and hung out with Mick and Keith long enough to actually decipher the nature of their relationship or are your conclusions based on their on stage demeanor? If it's the latter, you are talking out of your ass.

Well it's a bit short-sighted to say: Since we aren't close to them --> We cannot draw a conclusion on their relationship.

On-stage interaction + books + Mick/Keith interviews + Interviews with others in the RS fam + journalist articles = enough data to form a reasonable hypothesis.

To an extant I agree that the only people on earth who understand the true nature of the relationship are Mick and Keith themselves.

But also think there is enough info out there to start a conversation....

thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2013 20:32

GumbootCloggeroo

Which you are an expert at.

Date: May 18, 2013 20:39

Some people are good at reading body language. It's a gift. Others are about as perceptive as a rock.

Date: May 18, 2013 20:45

I would consider myself an expert in body language. Judging from what I have seen from Mick and Keith on stage is that everything is OK between them, however, not perfect. More healing needs to take place, but they can get there.

Date: May 18, 2013 20:51

I'm glad they have good relationship again.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:57

The relationship is thiers; as long as they are both willing to work together and play on stage, their relationship is fine to me; they have been through a lot together over the last 50 years. If the damage would have resulted in the end of the band, then I would lament and I would regret the bad relationship between those two.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:44

When Mick Jagger is giving an interview, is he Mick Jagger or "Mick Jagger"? Is Keith Richards "Keith Richards"?

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 18, 2013 23:54

Both Mick and "Mick". I have seen interviews and I thought he was in and out of the "Mick" thing. Just like in the early days he still had his "posh" accent.

In Keith's case I think you get the performer. I think it's his insecurity after being shy. After watching interviews, he looks just like "Keith" to me. Maybe only family and friends see the real guy.

What do you think Gumboot? what's you take on that?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:00

WindyHorses
Both Mick and "Mick". I have seen interviews and I thought he was in and out of the "Mick" thing. Just like in the early days he still had his "posh" accent.

In Keith's case I think you get the performer. I think it's his insecurity after being shy. After watching interviews, he looks just like "Keith" to me. Maybe only family and friends see the real guy.

What do you think Gumboot? what's you take on that?

i think they both have their performance faces on. if you look at keith when he's being interviewed these days he's usually looking at his feet or fumbling around when he's not talking, the signs of someone who is shy, introverted, and uncomfortable. when he's talking, he comes off as rehearsed, presumably to alleviate the shyness.

and i'm pretty sure that no one outside of mick's close family and friends has ever seen him without his game face on.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:24

Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame...moody smiley
Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:28

Munichhilton
Mick had the nerve to interrupt Keith's erratic guitar solo in Sympathy the other night...in the video you can actually see Keith turn back towards Mick with a "What are you doing?" look...now that is fantastic!

Mick and His Stones

How about a link to the video???

Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame...moody smiley
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 21:40

rambler44
Munichhilton
Mick had the nerve to interrupt Keith's erratic guitar solo in Sympathy the other night...in the video you can actually see Keith turn back towards Mick with a "What are you doing?" look...now that is fantastic!

Mick and His Stones

How about a link to the video???

in oakland i'm pretty sure keith interrupted one of the verses and launched into his solo early.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 20, 2013 21:48

It's like that:
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Oasis, CCR, Beach Boys etc. - big egos have a hard time together, they want to be in charge.

A few them can work together like AC/DC.

The problem between Mick & Keith is just one out of many, most of them wouldn't be (somehow) together after 50 years, be happy Stones still manage going on a tour .....

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:02

GumbootCloggeroo
They like each other.. They prefer to split the workload and can speak for each other... It was very obvious they'd consult in private first and then carry out the decisions with enthusiasm as partners. Kind of like the Godfather where the family sticks together.. People all thought they hated one another back in the 80's but it was not true and I guarantee it isn't now. My friend recorded their demos and it was remarkable, between Mick and Keith they could play all the instruments including drums well enough to sound like a Stones record. They would be embarrassed if fans knew what good friends they really are so they stay professional and try to keep one another on mark.. They are both great guys as well as Ronnie. Charlie I never met. They are much softer and hippie like than you might expect, very gentle people...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:05 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:27

DoomandGloom
GumbootCloggeroo
They like each other.. They prefer to split the workload and can speak for each other... It was very obvious they'd consult in private first and then carry out the decisions with enthusiasm as partners. Kind of like the Godfather where the family sticks together.. People all thought they hated one another back in the 80's but it was not true and I guarantee it isn't now. My friend recorded their demos and it was remarkable, between Mick and Keith they could play all the instruments including drums well enough to sound like a Stones record. They would be embarrassed if fans knew what good friends they really are so they stay professional and try to keep one another on mark.. They are both great guys as well as Ronnie. Charlie I never met. They are much softer and hippie like than you might expect, very gentle people...

I don´t understand that. What is professional about pretending to dislike each other?
Why would Mick say they have a working relationship and nothing else if this is not what Mick feels?

I don´t think that they hate each other, but friends? No.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:47

They are not pretending, people are just assuming because they are not seeing the reactions they demand...

Date: May 20, 2013 22:48

they hate each other. it's been proven in test labs time and time again.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:57

The hate thing is just a marketing tool.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:04

GRNRBITW
they hate each other. it's been proven in test labs time and time again.

They even wrote songs about it.

Tie You Up.. and Gomper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 23:04 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:19

DoomandGloom

They may have liked each other back in the 80s--Mick still spoke very warmly of Keith in interviews from 1987, when Mikal Gilmore, who did the most recent interview with rolling Stone, spoke to him.

But a lot has changed in very recent years--the most telling change being that, to Mick, Keith's role in the band has been usurped by Philip Norman. After todger-gate, things can never be the same.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:21

todger gate?

I thought it was tree gate...

Hang on, I need a pencil with an eraser...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:28

That article is from early last year, and at the end of it quotes an unnamed source who claims a tour will never happen because of the rift between Mick & Keith.

So 2013 proved that wrong, and thus the whole hypothesis of the article is wrong.

Date: May 20, 2013 23:32

nightskyman

That article is from early last year, and at the end of it quotes an unnamed source who claims a tour will never happen because of the rift between Mick & Keith.

So 2013 proved that wrong, and thus the whole hypothesis of the article is wrong.

In fact, the tour almost didn't happen (and wasn't expected to at the time of the article's writing), not until the last minute and not without a profuse apology from Keith--which he now brags that he lied about.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:34

stonehearted
not until the last minute and not without a profuse apology from Keith--which he now brags that he lied about.

it ain't bragging if its true...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:39

Munichhilton
stonehearted
not until the last minute and not without a profuse apology from Keith--which he now brags that he lied about.

I just can't buy into the idea that it 'almost didn't happen.' I think there's way too much money at stake...although maybe I'm too cynical to believe any rift would stand between making a lot of money.

Date: May 20, 2013 23:42

nightskyman
Munichhilton
stonehearted

I just can't buy into the idea that it 'almost didn't happen.' I think there's way too much money at stake...although maybe I'm too cynical to believe any rift would stand between making a lot of money.

taker 'er easy. cynicism is the hallmark of any true stones fan.

Date: May 20, 2013 23:45

nightskyman
Munichhilton
stonehearted

But it's true, and this came straight from the mouths of The Stones themselves in filmed interview clips from last November/December thereabouts. I can't locate them at the moment, but I believe they were posted here--it might have been a 60 Minutes TV special interview segment as I recall. In one clip Charlie and Ronnie are being interviewed together, and Charlie was saying how the 2012 shows almost didn't happen, adding that this "would have been alright with me, to be honest".

Date: May 20, 2013 23:47

stonehearted
Charlie was saying how the 2012 shows almost didn't happen, adding that this "would have been alright with me, to be honest".

charlie and i are usually on the same page...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home