Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame...moody smiley
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 17, 2013 21:26

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
I don't think you can judge their relationship by their on stage behavior. It's a stressful situation where tempers are bound to flair up. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how they interact off stage.

i'm not allowed to glare at my co-workers. why is the stones' behavior at their workplace any more tolerable? i think we need to bring the matter to HR....

Surprised they let you in the building.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 21:28

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
I don't think you can judge their relationship by their on stage behavior. It's a stressful situation where tempers are bound to flair up. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how they interact off stage.

i'm not allowed to glare at my co-workers. why is the stones' behavior at their workplace any more tolerable? i think we need to bring the matter to HR....

i offer you tissues and this is the thanks i get....

Date: May 17, 2013 21:38

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Well, I never actually got them, but it was nice of you to offer.

Date: May 17, 2013 21:40

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

ok. even lousy bastards like me have feelings, you know.

Date: May 17, 2013 21:57

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

ok. even lousy bastards like me have feelings, you know.

If your trying to make me feel guilty, it worked, but only for a brief moment.

Re: Mick & Keith's Relationship....Such a shame..
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:03

..they can't tour without a minimal sympathy...but they should make some effort in front of the audiences....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:27

It is a very odd dynamic they have. Something tells me they already grew apart a long time ago. Well, I guess Life pretty much spells that out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 22:28 by ryanpow.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:44

duke richardson
its a shame that there's a thing in the thread title..

i did that once and got scolded big time.

Can someone explain this? (I assume you are referring to the emoticon.)

If that's a no-no around these parts I'll remove it.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:44

Obviously the love of money is greater than the hate. Look at the poor Kinks. Kinks could make some good koin if they went out and toured because the world has been without fresh live Kinks for 20 years. There is pent up demand. But in this case the hate is greater than the love of money. The hatred beteween the Davies brothers. They better do it soon because their tour value decines each year. They should have struck when a new generation was hearing Kinks tunes featured on the Sopranos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 22:50 by triceratops.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:46

There was a second Mick and Keith moment at Anaheim, after Mick motioned Keith to follow him onto the ramp for Inky Tonk Women. They went in opposite directions as Keith went to solo on Sympathy. When they met up, with Mick singing "pleased to meet you", Keith mouthed the words and pointed at Mick, who clearly enjoyed it.

Date: May 17, 2013 22:47

mgshorr
duke richardson

Ah ha, just saw BV edit the post and remove it. Thank you.

Will not add emoticons to subject line going forward.....

Date: May 17, 2013 22:48

Look at what happened to Oasis. They had a lot of good years left too....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:51

mgshorr
Here's the deal...

Clock is ticking for these guys and its clear that they are not so friendly anymore.

Wouldn't it be nice if they patched it up sooner rather than later/never?

What a HUGE shame if these guys to go to their graves as enemies. (Perhaps they are not enemies, but they sure aren't friends.)

Their music will be around as long as there are people on earth to listen, so its time they:

1) Step back to look at the big picture
2) Celebrate what they have accomplished. They couldn't have done it without the other.

Agree 100%

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:16

triceratops
Obviously the love of money is greater than the hate. Look at the poor Kinks. Kinks could make some good koin if they went out and toured because the world has been without fresh live Kinks for 20 years. There is pent up demand. But in this case the hate is greater than the love of money. The hatred beteween the Davies brothers. They better do it soon because their tour value decines each year. They should have struck when a new generation was hearing Kinks tunes featured on the Sopranos

I think their love for the Rolling Stones as a performing live band and their love for perfoming together is still there despite of some friction between them outside the stage. The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here. Jagger and Richards have both said that performing in front of the live audience is something very addictive.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:18

mgshorr
mgshorr
duke richardson

Good. Now write on the blackboard 50 times: "I will not put emoticons in thread titles."

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:21

latebloomer
duke richardson

Poor duke...no one likes to get yelled at by the teacher.

i've been on best behavior since then.

Date: May 17, 2013 23:25

rollingon
The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here.

wrong-o. the proof would be the answer to this: if the stones were guaranteed, say, 1/10th of what they are getting on this tour (meaning ticket prices would be in the $50-75 range), do you honestly believe they'd bother?

answer: no way.

money is the primary motivating factor. i will no accept any dissent on this point.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:26

GRNRBITW
rollingon
The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here.

wrong-o. the proof would be the answer to this: if the stones were guaranteed, say, 1/10th of what they are getting on this tour (meaning ticket prices would be in the $50-75 range), do you honestly believe they'd bother?

money is the primary motivating factor. i will no accept any dissent on this point.

I'm also motivated by beer...but I'm a rare breed

Date: May 17, 2013 23:28

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
rollingon

hasn't your tour ended yet?

Date: May 17, 2013 23:36

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
rollingon

The road goes on forever and the party...well you know

Date: May 17, 2013 23:42

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
rollingon

joe rocks my world...and the lord of the highway sure does get around

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 23:43 by GRNRBITW.

Date: May 17, 2013 23:43

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
rollingon

joe rocks my world

...and the Dixie Chicks last night...?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:51

They are not enemies and on stage they get along just fine. Outside of work, who cares? They do come together for important things such has paying for Hubert Sumlin's funeral. Much too much is made of their relationship.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:02

jazzbass
They are not enemies and on stage they get along just fine. Outside of work, who cares? They do come together for important things such has paying for Hubert Sumlin's funeral. Much too much is made of their relationship.

If their relationship was in 1964 as it is now, then when Andrew Loog Oldham "locked them in the kitchen" they never would have begun writing songs together--and now that they've stopped, well, we've got the follow-up to Doggies in the Doorway to look forward to, and maybe another Winos album as well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:16

mgshorr
mgshorr
duke richardson

Yes, if you're not careful, BV will do that.

He'll be your knight in shining armour and come to your Emoticon Rescue.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:28

triceratops

Don't forget that Dave Davies had a stroke in 2004. His entire right side was paralyzed. I think he's gotten to where he can play guitar again, at some level, but touring is a whole 'nother animal. That said, I'd love to see the Kinks again. Before Dave's stroke, Mick Avory mentioned that he'd be up for a reunion.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:01

rollingon
triceratops

I think their love for the Rolling Stones as a performing live band and their love for perfoming together is still there despite of some friction between them outside the stage. The money must be a secondary question at this point. I can't believe the money is the key factor here. Jagger and Richards have both said that performing in front of the live audience is something very addictive.

Belive you me all their children want them to tour and you can guess why. They might also get pressure from long time loyal support staff who need to make money. It's nice being the padrone (patriarch) who can do things for people and help them make some nice big quick cash and have them give you heartfelt thank yous. For the kids it is the inhertance.

The padrones are Mick (the biggest and 7 children) then come Keith, Ronnie (4 kids) Charlie

Rod Stewart is another rock patriarch with 8 children. Many live on his LA compound and don't do much. He decries their low work ethic compared to how he was such a go getter when younger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 02:27 by triceratops.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:20

TheBadRabbit
triceratops

Don't forget that Dave Davies had a stroke in 2004. His entire right side was paralyzed. I think he's gotten to where he can play guitar again, at some level, but touring is a whole 'nother animal. That said, I'd love to see the Kinks again. Before Dave's stroke, Mick Avory mentioned that he'd be up for a reunion.

Dave Davies is doing a short club tour of the US starting later this month, ending with a free gig at the San Diego County fair on June 11. If all goes well, perhaps he can reunite with the Kinks for a few gigs.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:30

The days when M and K hung out socially was a very different era, when there were many fewer bands and a strong anti-establishment vibe of mutual support among them. Times have changed, people change--it's not like the Monkees all living in the same house and being each others' best friends (or the Beatles' parody of that sort of notion in Help!). Almost no bands function like that these days, past their formative stages.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:43

When did Mick and Keith EVER interact with each other. There was always a distance between them. That is how bands are. I mean look at the Everlys and the Gallaghers, they are brothers and they can't get along with each other. Chill.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home