Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Anaheim May 15 Stones show live updates
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:07

GRNRBITW
ZantiMisfit
I got tickets for my 25-year-old niece and her fiancee for the D.C. show--it will be her first (& last) time seeing them and she--and I--would be terribly disappointed if they played 'Winter' and 'Time Waits For No One'...songs she has never heard before.

i believe i speak for the iorr community, then, when i wish you and your niece a very disappointing show....

grinning smiley

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:10

GRNRBITW
ZantiMisfit
I got tickets for my 25-year-old niece and her fiancee for the D.C. show--it will be her first (& last) time seeing them and she--and I--would be terribly disappointed if they played 'Winter' and 'Time Waits For No One'...songs she has never heard before.

i believe i speak for the iorr community, then, when i wish you and your niece a very disappointing show....

I speak for myself, each person has his own favor songs at concerts you want to hear and if it happens thats great and for the ones who visit the RS the first time have fun.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:23

runaway
GRNRBITW
ZantiMisfit

I speak for myself, each person has his own favor songs at concerts you want to hear and if it happens thats great and for the ones who visit the RS the first time have fun.

work with me

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:47

Hairball
As with Vegas, dealt nosebleed $85's.
And as with Vegas, self-upgraded to floor...in front of soundboard in a row of empty seats.
Looked behind me and Waddy was there taking in the show and chatting with soundboard tech.
Eventually a couple of hot babes who were also self-upgarding filled in some space in the empty row.
They danced, hooted, and hollered the entire show which enhanced the enitire experience!
Why these seats weren't made available for the $85'ers is a mystery...same thing happened in Vegas.

I would just like to say....
GREAT WORK!!! Nice to read from someone who is not a whiney wimp....
SELF UPGRADED !!! HELL YEAH!!! Thats the way you do it! PLUS, You got bonused, dancing with hot babes for your efforts!!! The harder one works, the luckier one gets!

STONES!!

beyond that comment,
this thread is not much fun to even read... so many Debbie Downers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 23:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:49

It might help if you explained you wished them a disappointing life as well.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:51

JumpinJackOLantern
WindyHorses
I would also like to say a big thank you for all the fans posting videos. These are so appreciated. They are super!thumbs up

Absolutely! I can't believe how good these sound. Can't wait to get the inevitable DVD for 50 and Counting.

I think you are right about a DVD. They filmed everything last night.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:07

Rocky Dijon
It might help if you explained you wished them a disappointing life as well.

they'll get what they deserve

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:19

Max'sKansasCity

I was having a great time till you said that...thanks, pal.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:20

Who? Johnny Depp sitting in this Friday? Nah....Really?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:23

I saw a tattoo at the Honda Center last night. A woman walking in front of me had the right back pocket of her black jeans literally cut out so a goodly portion of her naked right buttock showed through. The purpose: to show off her literal tattoo of a Stones tongue logo with the words "Tattoo You" across it. Bare-assed (at least partially) in Anaheim.

If you got it, flaunt it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:25

Title5Take1
I saw a tattoo at the Honda Center last night. A woman walking in front of me had the right back pocket of her black jeans literally cut out so a goodly portion of her naked right buttock showed through. The purpose: to show off her literal tattoo of a Stones tongue logo with the words "Tattoo You" across it. Bare-assed (at least partially) in Anaheim.

If you got it, flaunt it.

Why not just tattoo it a bit higher up where it can be seen? Say the forehead or something.

Shame to ruin a nice pair of jeans...

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:31

windyhorses

So glad you finally got to see them! And up close! There is no denying the energy they bring, even at their current ages..
I just hope you are not kicking yourself for waiting so long...sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 00:41 by JerkyLittleGIJoe.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:35

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES

And thanks again to all the reviews, pictures and videos from those of you who were actually there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 17, 2013 02:23

Great show. Rocks Off, Waiting On A Friend and Champagne & Reefer nice additions. ER sounded great too. Midnight Rambler with Taylor sounded grittier than the other nights I saw. Hit me in the gut. They are getting better and better as the tour progresses.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:52

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

If you are going to yell at me, please do not edit my comments,
Please quote my entire comment, to show the context of all of my words.

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball
And as with Vegas, self-upgraded to floor...in front of soundboard in a row of empty seats.
Looked behind me and Waddy was there taking in the show and chatting with soundboard tech.
Eventually a couple of hot babes who were also self-upgarding filled in some space in the empty row.
They danced, hooted, and hollered the entire show which enhanced the enitire experience!
Why these seats weren't made available for the $85'ers is a mystery...same thing happened in Vegas.

SELF UPGRADED !!! HELL YEAH!!! Thats the way you do it! PLUS, You got bonused, dancing with hot babes for your efforts!!! The harder one works, the luckier one gets!

STONES!!

beyond that comment,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 02:54 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2013 03:15

Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball

STONES!!

beyond that comment,

Well Max, don't want to interrupt your conversation with andrewt, and not that it matters,
but it seems you edited out some of my of my original post when you quoted me above.
Here's the most important part that you left out for some reason. winking smiley

Hairball
Quick review:

Midnight Rambler w/Mick Taylor...enough said. thumbs up

ps- Thanks Scotty for the pre-show beers!
smileys with beer

Anyways, thanks for the props regarding my seat upgrade and dancing with the babes! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 03:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 17, 2013 03:21

bye bye johnny
Ronnie and his pal Slash in LA yesterday. Possible guest in Anaheim?

Hangin' with @Slash in LA by the pool ~ we both say hi to you all ~

[twitter.com]

Love to have that Alice Cooper shirt.

CBII

Date: May 17, 2013 03:22

Max'sKansasCity
andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

Max'sKansasCity
Hairball

STONES!!

beyond that comment,

Not yelling Maxy, that all caps action ain't my style. I'm all about the self-upgrade. I mock the bullsh it surrounding the tour but I never complain.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 17, 2013 03:54

WindyHorses, loved your review!

Last night was a fantastic show, loved getting RO, WOAF and C&R, never expected the latter two in my wildest dreams. The Stones are like a well oiled machine, they never cease to amaze me. I was at the two shows in Newark last with MT on MR since then. In Newark MT seemed almost a little out of place, kind of like an elephant in a china shop but watching and listening to them now they're like a fine wine, just outstanding.

For those of you that are constantly whining and complaining about the setlists, individual performances, etc. without even having been to a show I can't help but feel sorry because you have no clue what you're talking about. This band is simply amazing to be able to pull of shows at this level at their age, they still rule as the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world in my book!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: May 17, 2013 04:33

Thru and Thru

Last night was a fantastic show, loved getting RO, WOAF and C&R, never expected the latter two in my wildest dreams. The Stones are like a well oiled machine, they never cease to amaze me. I was at the two shows in Newark last with MT on MR since then. In Newark MT seemed almost a little out of place, kind of like an elephant in a china shop but watching and listening to them now they're like a fine wine, just outstanding.

For those of you that are constantly whining and complaining about the setlists, individual performances, etc. without even having been to a show I can't help but feel sorry because you have no clue what you're talking about. This band is simply amazing to be able to pull of shows at this level at their age, they still rule as the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world in my book!

Sounds like the tunes you didn't expect we're the highlight. Imagine that feeling multiplied during the show. Just sayin'.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:34

OK I am a bit late. However Anaheim Show surpassed Vegas in miles and Million lightyears I would say. This is the Rolling Stones how I like them to perform Despite the little changes in the set list we got three new Songs and John Mayor was as great as Eric Clapton in London on Champagne and Reefer. I just think this song is made out for the Stones.

Date: May 17, 2013 06:13

Thru and Thru

And it won't be long and they will be recognized as the greatest rock 'n roll band of all time! Of ALL TIME! Move over Beatles here we come!

Date: May 17, 2013 06:20

Rolling Hansie

And thanks again to all the reviews, pictures and videos from those of you who were actually there.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 17, 2013 06:26

OK....I love my Stones, but lets be real, as a musician myself, this is......mediocre. I will watch every video, buy the dvd and see them if they come close. That being said, if the tempos get any slower, they will have to cut the setlist to about 15 songs. For some, they could walk out and piss and it would be the greatest show ever! Bullshit! Voodoo Lounge was the last time I heard ANY inspired playing. And the second half of the setlist plain sucks...zzzzzzzzz. I know you have to play some warhorses, but not ALL of them. And honestly at 400-600$ how many casual fans are there? Mix it up some. Plus, the casual fan MIGHT hear something they like more than MY, BS, etc..... Lastly, I WILL get a beer during YCAGWYW. Choirs and french horns aren't very Stonesy, besides, I own the album. More IS less. No more Rolling Stones Big Band and Review. I love them, and I don't want to watch them "go gentle into that goodnight." Now you may crucify me.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:54

JumpinJackOLantern
Rolling Hansie

thumbs upthumbs up

are you GRNRBITW under another name?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 17, 2013 09:44

where is a rocks off clip??

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:16

hbwriter
where is a rocks off clip??

Patience, grasshopper - the search parties are still out...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:22

just got back from l.a.[anaheim]

another great show.it was as good as vegas but different.they are still playing red hot and the different songs thrown in just made the show that much better.
its not just that they played waiting on a friend and rocks off but how well they played them.
something in micks voice has come back,its odd and i cant put my finger on it but he just sounds vintage jagger.i think those long tours burnt his voice out after awhile and he would hold back at some shows.he knows this is a short tour so he's just going for it every show.

the mix this time out is fkcing stellar.the sound is as close to perfect as a rock and roll show can get with everything in its proper place.

the band are having a great time out there,you can tell because they extended a couple of songs and just kept working it,i think rocks off and gimme shelter.
they went on and on but in a good way,the band just improvising on a rolling riff that picked up steam as it went.
keith seems to have found a way to play around his handicap.he has limited what he tries to do and since he was always at his best when keeping it short and sweet anyway everything has fallen right into place again

amateur musicians toil away in garages and bars wondering why if they play the perfect notes at the exact right tempo,even more perfect than the stones why they arent big rockstars.
what they cant understand is its about delivering an emotion,a feeling and an energy to people and using the music to do it,and the stones deliver.meanwhile the knuckleheads are saying..but ..but..but he missed a note in the guitar solo after the first verse of the third song during the fourth show.

side notes:

a good move for the hardcores-we left before satisfaction.if you've seen it a million times its awesome to walk out into the parking lot and just take off like you're pulling out of your driveway.

i'm probably done for a bit.i'm sure they'll add a couple of songs in the next two cali shows but i dont wanna pay $1000 apiece for them.if in a month they've added mick t to more songs i'm heading to philly or boston.

john mayer was at the table next to us in the bar after the show.he was just sitting with a few friends having drinks,i didnt say anything to him though because i like to leave people alone but he seemed like an approachable pretty cool guy.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:41

Looking at setlists and set routine of the gigs,I would be disappointed if I saw 2 gigs days apart.

They are very regimented and 3 different songs and no MT on something different is a real shame.
Keith has played the same 2 songs from the start.

Seeing them as a one off is great,whatever they play,so no complaints there.

A Rolling Stones gig is a great experience for most people who attend. winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:52

It's great to see that Rocks off was played, I hope they keep it on the set list for the UK dates, I'll be gutted to miss out on it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home