Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Anaheim May 15 Stones show live updates
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:26

Rocky Dijon
carlostones10
I dind´t post nothing here today. Who posted was iorrians because they want my blog has all information and they want information.

Hope all of this gets resolved. You're a good guy and make a valuable contribution. We're all fans and life is too short for nursing hurt feelings.

I agree with this, carlos imho as always been a good poster and some good info over the years.

shame it spoilt the continuity of the reports on the concert etc.

Date: May 16, 2013 11:27

Title5Take1
I just returned from the show. It was briiiilllliant. I absolutely loved it, loved it, loved it. (The pumped crowd was great, too.)

One amusing bit. During the introductions, Mick cajoled and pulled and then pushed Charlie toward the edge of the stage. Mick then said, "It's taken 50 years to get Charlie this far forward on the stage."

thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:27

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:29

Best Stones show ever. I have seen them a few times. Nosebleed seat and they still rocked. Catch them while you can because they are special.

Date: May 16, 2013 11:32

Green Lady

Awesome! smileys with beer

Date: May 16, 2013 11:38

That obviously isn't all of C&R. Must say I didn't much like Ronnie's squeely solo (John Mayer was much better), but I loved the little "that's all folks" twang at the end of Keith's at 2.25.

Date: May 16, 2013 11:39

Green Lady
Honda Center, Anaheim: May 15 2013 SET LIST

Tonight the Rolling Stones played the Honda Center in Anaheim where they were joined on stage by guitarist John Mayer for Muddy Waters’ ‘Champagne And Reefer’. The show marked the first time on this tour that the song ‘Waiting On A Friend’ was played. Mick Taylor once again played ‘Midnight Rambler’ and ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ with the band. Tonight’s choir for ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ were the University Of Southern California Thornton Chamber Choir.

Rolling Stones Set List: ANAHEIM May 15, 2013

Get Off Of My Cloud

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Rocks Off

Waiting On A Friend

Champagne And Reefer (with John Mayer)

Emotional Rescue

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

BAND INTRODUCTIONS

Before They Make Me Run (with Keith on lead vox)

Happy (with Keith on lead vox)

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the University Of Southern California Thornton Chamber Choir)

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Man, I love Green Lady.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:39

Love in Vain with Mick Taylor should have been the old blues tune last night. Not the annoying Champagne and Reefer with John Mayer. We've had enough Mayer for this tour.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:43

triceratops
Love in Vain with Mick Taylor should have been the old blues tune last night. Not the annoying Champagne and Reefer with John Mayer. We've had enough Mayer for this tour.

I agree totally, I will be really disappointed if they won't play Love in Vain WITH Mick Taylor during this tour...

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:44

Stoneage
I'm not complaining about the setlist. It has more variation than we are used to. However, the second part of the setlist is boring to me.

If you only get a chance to see them every 5 years how can it be boring?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:52

DandelionPowderman
Well done, but you need to read up on these tunes winking smiley

2013 Doom And Gloom
2013 One More Shot
1968 Honky Tonk Women
1977 Before They Make Me Run (with Keith on lead vox)
1969 Sympathy For The Devil

And:
1969 Jumping Jack Flash spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 16, 2013 11:57

Thommie
DandelionPowderman
Well done, but you need to read up on these tunes winking smiley

2013 Doom And Gloom
2013 One More Shot
1968 Honky Tonk Women

And:
1969 Jumping Jack Flash spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:58

pgarof
Stoneage
I'm not complaining about the setlist. It has more variation than we are used to. However, the second part of the setlist is boring to me.

If you only get a chance to see them every 5 years how can it be boring?

My demand for those songs is more than well saturated. Preferably since they have sounded the same since anno dazumal...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:58

Great show tonight. Jagger was really into it a lot of the time, not just workmanlike, and he sang well. Lots of energy. The warhorses were all pretty special, with the players exchanging musical language and not just running through them. MT was very effective on Midnight Rambler, adding the right shade of darkness, and paying overt attention to the arrangement. On both songs he and Keith did a lot of playing side by side, often doubling a riff like a guitar section. Sure, there were some bumps and bruises, but they pretty much killed.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:06

DoomandGloom
The audience is out of their minds, this is a celebration of 50 years.

Actually, it's a celebration of 16 years (1965-1981), and very much like visiting a museum.

Date: May 16, 2013 12:10

kuenzer

Where is 1982-2005 ?

Even they think their last six albums suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 12:13 by tatters.

Date: May 16, 2013 12:16

tatters
kuenzer

Where is 1982-2005 ?

They're playing two new songs off their latest album (Grrr), just like on the BB-tour grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 12:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:21

tatters
kuenzer
off the top of my head

1965 Get Off Of My Cloud
1974 It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
1966 Paint It Black
1969 Gimme Shelter
1972 Rocks Off
1981 Waiting On A Friend
1872 Champagne And Reefer (with John Mayer)
1980 Emotional Rescue
2013 Doom And Gloom
2013 One More Shot
1968 Honky Tonk Women
1972 Happy (with Keith on lead vox)
1969 Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
1977 Miss You
1981 Start Me Up
1972 Tumbling Dice
1971 Brown Sugar
1969 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
1969 Jumpin’ Jack Flash
1965 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Where is 1982-2005 ?

Said it before (probably during the Licks tour and then invariably again during the ABB tour) ...... this band is unfortunately stuck between a rock and a hard place. They obviously feel that they simply can't get away without doing certain songs, which are basically represented by lets say "the second half" of your typical setlist we're seeing on this tour.

Personally, given the mixed make-up of your average audience, I actually DO think they could fiddle with the setlists and improve them slightly in order to, shall we say, make MORE people MORE happy MORE of the time. But hey ............ they probably won't, and as a consequence - we have what we have !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 12:22 by paulywaul.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:30

I have just got in. It's nearly 2 AM. Like Mick said: "If you drink too much, you can just take the Monorail home."
I don't drink- I'm late because of the buses. I wish there was a Monorail for me, Mick.
I am totally blown away. I was in the tongue pit and I am thrilled that I saved so long to get that close. Best concert of my life. The best. Completely blew my mind to see all of the guys so close. To see them play that close. I think I am in shock, really. I never dreamed of anything like that. I figured I'd be close-but not like that.
I got there at 7:30 and was on the back rail and enjoying the company around me. When the Stones came on about 8:50pm, I just kept moving up, there would be space and I'd get closer.
I have always noticed that I am tired after a concert; all the clapping, dancing, singing, etc wears you out. I can not imagine how the Stones do it. It must be so much more exhasting for them. The have at least 8 years on me. They certainly look tired after the show.
What a show- knowing so many members here love Mick Taylor; yes, only two songs- the same two songs. I think Mick, Keith and Ronnie are enjoying having him on stage; the interplay looks fun anyway. Yes, MT was fabulous on Rambler, but again I saw Ronnie and Keith playing alongside him. Not to take anything away from Taylor-he's great.
Even more so up close!
Best songs, IMHO- Rocks Off ( I love that one!) Waiting on a Friend, Rambler, Doom and Gloom. That last one was the ballad and Mick played it. I always think of the video on that one and those days are gone. Very little interplay between Mick and Keith. Noticeable interplay with Mick and Taylor and Ronnie.
John Mayer- I was not interested, so I was busy watching everyone in the band.
Mick playing harp.
Ronnie seems to make an effort to have a good rapport with the audience.
Ya know I know there are members here who are tired of the old "warhorses", but I'm not. It was a joy to me to see Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar and Satisfaction.
I was watching that vid of Charlie on the App saying how great Mick is- yes he is.
No question. I mean Keith and Ronnie are great favourites of mine, but Mick is incredible. What stamina.
I am pinching myself here. I can't believe I have seen the Rolling Stones. I have always enjoyed the DVDs because I had never seen them.
One other point- Mick Taylor was very strikingly well received by the audience.
Anyway, that's my review

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 12:57 by WindyHorses.

Date: May 16, 2013 12:30

At least they aren't playing Rock And A Hard Place this tour...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:34

They should announce in advance when tickets go to sale that these particular concerts are more aimed for mainstream audience meaning a lot of hit songs in the setlist and on the other hand these particular concerts are more aimed for real fans who know all the records and the setlist in these concerts would include just a few hit songs and much more other material. Particularly this approach would be great when they are playing more than one concert in one city. I wouldn't have to think long myself which concert I would choose!

Date: May 16, 2013 12:37

WindyHorses
I have just got in. It's nearly 2 AM. Like Mick said: "If you drink too much, you can just take the Monorail home."
I don't drink- I'm late because of the buses. I wish there was a Monorail for me, Mick.
I am totally blown away. I was in the tongue pit and I am thrilled that I saved so long to get that close. Best concert of my life. The best. Completely blew my mind to see all of the guys so close. To see them play that close. I think I am in shock, really. I never dreamed of anything like that. I figured I'd be close-but not like that.
I have always noticed that I am tired after a concert; all the clapping, dancing, singing, etc wears you out. I can not imagine how the Stones do it. It must be so much more exhasting for them. The have at least 8 years on me. They certainly look tired after the show.
What a show- knowing so many members here love Mick Taylor; yes, only two songs- the same two songs. I think Mick, Keith and Ronnie are enjoying having him on stage; the interplay looks fun anyway. Yes, MT was fabulous on Rambler, but again I saw Ronnie and Keith playing alongside him. Not to take anything away from Taylor-he's great.
Even more so up close!
Best songs, IMHO- Rocks Off ( I love that one!) Waiting on a Friend, Rambler, Doom and Gloom. That last one was the ballad and Mick played it. I always think of the video on that one and those days are gone. Very little interplay between Mick and Keith. Noticeable interplay with Mick and Taylor and Ronnie.
Mick playing harp.
Ya know I know there are members here who are tired of the old "warhorses", but I'm not. It was a joy to me to see Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar and Satisfaction.
I was watching that vid of Charlie on the App saying how great Mick is- yes he is.
No question. I mean Keith and Ronnie are great favourites of mine, but Mick is incredible. What stamina.
I am pinching myself here. I can't believe I have seen the Rolling Stones. I have always enjoyed the DVDs because I had never seen them.
Anyway, that's my review

Thanks for the review, WindyHorses! thumbs up

Date: May 16, 2013 12:37

rollingon
They should announce in advance when tickets go to sale that these particular concerts are more aimed for mainstream audience meaning a lot of hit songs in the setlist and on the other hand these particular concerts are more aimed for real fans who know all the records and the setlist in these concerts would include just a few hit songs and much more other material. Particularly this approach would be great when they are playing more than one concert in one city. I wouldn't have to think long myself which concert I would choose!

For the second Anaheim show and the return to Staples next week they are (for the first time this tour) doing a second show for the same city - this might be a chance to vary the setlist a bit more since they've already played all the warhorses once for this audience...

(well, we can dream, can't we.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 12:38 by Green Lady.

Date: May 16, 2013 12:49

rollingon

Steely Dan does something like that. They've played albums in their entirety and announced in advance which albums would be played at which shows. They've also done "Dawn of the Dan" concerts which focus specifically on material from their first three albums, and even a special rarities show for hardcore fans only.

The Stones can't realistically be expected to do anything like that. Too difficult, too much rehearsal, but 1983-2005 should be represented by a few songs. Maybe four songs, if only to provide the illusion that the band really has been an ongoing creative entity for 50 years.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 16, 2013 12:50

Thanks, WindyHorses, for such a great uplifting review!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:11

WindyHorses
I got there at 7:30 and was on the back rail and enjoying the company around me. When the Stones came on about 8:50pm, I just kept moving up, there would be space and I'd get closer.
Even more so up close!
Mick playing harp.
One other point- Mick Taylor was very strikingly well received by the audience.
Anyway, that's my review

great to see your review! despite all the bitterness on this board from time to time i really think that they are working hard to celebrate their 50th in the best way possible - by playing their hearts out.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:24

1872 Champagne And Reefer (with John Mayer)

Love those old War Horses, right up there with "Battle Hymn of The Republic" (1856), "Old Folks at Home" (1851) & who can forget that classic "Home on the Range" (1873)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:25

WindyHorses
Anyway, that's my review

And for that I thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:30

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 16, 2013 13:31

Great review WindyHorses! Reminds me of how I felt at the end of the O2/25th in the pit, exhausted, drained, almost too much to cope with really...for a few hours I was like "this is it, nothing can top that, I don't need to see them again" and slowly but surely you want to get another taste ;-)

Anyway, since you mention D&G, was it played at "normal" speed today? I just listened to the LV boot and it seemed very slow, but maybe "groovier", I wonder if that's why they skipped it in SJ in order to make these adjustments...How was Satisfaction, did Taylor solo a lot like in SJ or just stay in the background like in LV?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home