Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: San Jose May 8 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 08:59

BustedButton
Max'sKansasCity
Thru and Thru
Max'sKansasCity
CarlG
Keith forgot the words to before they make me run. Wait for the video.

allow me-
Also known as "Gwening it".... Keith "Gwened it".... Keith "pulled a Gwen".

Too funny! >grinning smiley< On that note I'm off to bed, no more surprises coming tonight.
grinning smiley

Are his taillights fading? There ain't a dry eye in the house
He isn't looking too good but he is feeling real well

Keith held it down in L.A., Sympathy solo staerted badly, but ended well. How do Keef and Woody sound tonight? (other than Keef Gwening)

We cwoined a phwase... "gwening it".

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:00

No Expectations - fans song choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 00:00 by Irix.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:01

I was wondering the same thing about Twitter. The intern is slacking off! Or bored with the last half of the setlist! Can't wait to hear Let It Bleed! Still hoping for Heard It Through The Grapevine and Little Queenie in Chicago!

Date: May 9, 2013 09:01

I didnt even look at that birdie winking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:02

Date: May 9, 2013 09:04

JJF

Date: May 9, 2013 09:05

John Fogerty is one the greatest of all time, he really is. He has written and played some (way more than his fair share) of the greatest songs of all time. If you havent seen him live, go see him live, or at least watch the DVD, its like every song is a smash hit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 09:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:06

Great Its All Over Now video. They sound excellent!

Date: May 9, 2013 09:07

Max'sKansasCity
John Fogerty is one the greatest of all time, he really is. He has writen some (way more than his share) of the greatest songs of all time. If you havent seen him live, go see him live, or aleast watch the DVD.

Agreed. See, if the guests aren't intrusive like this and actually make sense to be up there, its a lot of fun! It only makes these songs even more unique for that city.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:08

Is it just me, or does Charlie seem to be playing more and more like an old guy in an old wedding band? The drive just doesn't seem to be the same.

Date: May 9, 2013 09:08

carlostones10

STELLAR tidbit

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:10

Just found out we're going to Vegas this weekend. We'll be driving out Friday fighting our way through the Friday night Vegas Traffic Run. They have begun to slash prices on the tickets. we're in Section 4 and paid $560 for two tickets. Still a LOT of money, but just barely within the limit I set for us.

What's troubling is they've already cut a song off the set list. History shows once they do that, it never goes back up. I fear by the end of this tour the main set will be 18 songs plus just two encores. What a drag it is getting old.

RollingFreak
Max'sKansasCity
John Fogerty is one the greatest of all time, he really is. He has writen some (way more than his share) of the greatest songs of all time. If you havent seen him live, go see him live, or aleast watch the DVD.

Agreed. See, if the guests aren't intrusive like this and actually make sense to be up there, its a lot of fun! It only makes these songs even more unique for that city.
100% Agreed, that was really cool, sounded awesome.

Posted by: CarlG ()

Mick Taylor playing guitar on satisfaction!!!! Song 2 smiling smiley

Satisfaction

Date: May 9, 2013 09:12

CarlG
Wait... huh?! I mean... YESS!!!!!!!! Street Fighting Man has to be next LOL!

Date: May 9, 2013 09:14

MT back to the stage to play Satisfaction.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:15

carlostones10

Awesome!

Date: May 9, 2013 09:17

CarlG

About damn time, we've been telling them!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:17

OK... that's two for MT.

Keep the pressure up.

Date: May 9, 2013 09:20

yeahm, videos, pics, etc etc on the blog.

:-)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:21

marianna
Is it just me, or does Charlie seem to be playing more and more like an old guy in an old wedding band? The drive just doesn't seem to be the same.

Well, come on, it's probably true. I'm not hearing the world famous rim shots and slight hesitation. He's pretty much just drumming straight ahead. That's okay. I just like having him there.

Date: May 9, 2013 09:24

24FPS
marianna

Well, come on, it's probably true. I'm not hearing the world famous rim shots and slight hesitation. He's pretty much just drumming straight ahead. That's okay. I just like having him there.

Agreed. Without him we'd go to 2 original members. Granted, they'd be the two most important ones, but it gets harder to justify seeing "The Rolling Stones". At least with 3 originals, and Ronnie whose been there since the mid 70s, I can justify saying "well its more than half the original band still".

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:26

carlostones10

YES!

Date: May 9, 2013 09:28

RollingFreak
24FPS
marianna

Agreed. Without him we'd go to 2 original members. Granted, they'd be the two most important ones, but it gets harder to justify seeing "The Rolling Stones". At least with 3 originals, and Ronnie whose been there since the mid 70s, I can justify saying "well its more than half the original band still".

Charlie did nothing to wow me in Oakland. Other than the fact that after 50 years he's still kicking butt.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:30

24FPS
marianna

I stood right next to him a few weeks ago and... he really does look old.

I'm amazed he can still do this for 2+ hours a night.

It's quite physical.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:32

sonomastone
RollingFreak
24FPS
marianna

Charlie did nothing to wow me in Oakland. Other than the fact that after 50 years he's still kicking butt.

Look, it took Keith some time to kick off the rust, and he had a lot of it. Maybe Charlie will just rip the roof off one of these Arenas one of these nights.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:40

I'm used to hearing Charlie do those "Charlie Watt fills" that he started to do around the "Some Girls" album. "When the Whip Comes Down" shows off that style, as does a song like "Mixed Emotions." When I had seen the band live in the past (seven years ago at the most recent), he still utilized that "busy" style of drumming. The clips from this tour show him as more economical and less busy and adding less of those extra little fills. At his age, and since he doesn't keep up the type of touring schedule to keep in practice, perhaps that's what works best for him now, but sounds a little different. The style he uses now may be closer to what he did in the distant past with the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 09:41 by marianna.

Date: May 9, 2013 09:41

24FPS
sonomastone
RollingFreak
24FPS
marianna

Look, it took Keith some time to kick off the rust, and he had a lot of it. Maybe Charlie will just rip the roof off one of these Arenas one of these nights.

perhaps you didn't catch my sarcasm.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:42

This is new - we've never had Charlie-bashing before. Well, I suppose we had to get around to it sooner or later.

Look forward to hearing MT on Satisfaction. If he's going to be there for the bow, it makes sense to have him playing on the last number.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home