Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Oakland May 5 Stones show live updates
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 06:47

Hanns Rainsch
Has anyone who attended the show noticed this guy? I can't imagine something like that in Europe...

There are many like him over here....I think they're called republicans.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 7, 2013 06:56

Well if such guys appear in front of concert venues in the Bay Area I don't wanna know what happens in Omaha or Cheyenne confused smiley In Germany this guy would be most likely arrested for hate speech. Can't understand that people walk by without reactions. What a lunatic!

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:07

Hanns Rainsch
<snip> Can't understand that people walk by without reactions. What a lunatic!

Oh, there were PLENTY of people who would stop & debate with him... it only fueled the fire... he was LOUD & Obnoxious, but harmless at the same time... he was excercising one of his rights, whish is Freedom of Speech... I just tuned him out... PLENTY of other "interesting" people to observe at a Rolling Stones concert trust me...

Great time BTW... fiasco getting in, Fiasco getting out

Date: May 7, 2013 07:13

I don't think telling people they're gonna die and go to hell for their sins is protected by the freedom of speech. I'm sure that if he was a member of a muslim sect, the OPD would have shown up immediately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 07:15 by Hanns Rainsch.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:19

Hanns Rainsch
I don't think telling people they're gonna die and go to hell for their sins is protected by the freedom of speech. I'm sure that if he was a member of a muslim sect, the OPD would have shown up immediately.
Waaaaaaay beyond me why anyone would waste their time yelling at people like this wacko. You see these nut jobs show up by the hundreds down in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I wonder if they have ever altered one person having fun..... as if someone headed in to a Stones show, ticket in hand would suddenly stop and say "I will go to hell? OK, I wont go in".... and go back home. I bet not one person in history has stopped the fun based on these nutjobs screaming at them about hell.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:21

Hanns Rainsch

It is protected here....he can say what he wants...and anyone can respond as they please. There is such a thing as a hate crime which is a serious offense, but hate speech is different.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:32

They protest many shows in the Bay Area for years. I couldn't believe they protested U2 and Peter Gabriel. So sad there is so much hatred and stupidity.

Date: May 7, 2013 07:37

CarlG
They protest many shows in the Bay Area for years. I couldn't believe they protested U2 and Peter Gabriel. So sad there is so much hatred and stupidity.
Well said.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: May 7, 2013 07:39

Don't think he'll be gettin laid in a hurry...

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:07

Those "you're going to hell" people will be at San Jose too. They are ALWAYS there for concerts. Complete nut bags.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:10

Hanns Rainsch
Has anyone who attended the show noticed this guy? I can't imagine something like that in Europe...

He said the word "sh*t".

Bad man.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:10

tiffjagger
Those "you're going to hell" people will be at San Jose too. They are ALWAYS there for concerts. Complete nut bags.

These clowns have been around events in the Bay Area forever.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:20

I couldn't listen to that guy screaming for the whole 5 plus minutes. Maybe I better bring ear plugs for dat fool.

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:26

No Expectations
tiffjagger

These clowns have been around events in the Bay Area forever.

I wonder where they bus them in from? . I'm used to our regular lunes, but these religious ones always come as a shock around here.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:30

This guy makes real Christians, many in the cue to get in, look terrible. I serve in my local church and I like to describe guys like this as a 'drive-by evangelists'. I had one bust into an event I was setting up once... attempted to chase him down to have a discussion, and eventually he just left. Usually folks like this want someone to have a similar response. Unless a massive amount of people were to break down crying, this guy would not be pleased.

I'd be happy, and always am happy, to have one meaningful and personal conversation with ONE person. It makes me furious to see someone passing judgement on a massive group of people. The theological arguments are as numerous as the logical/contradictory arguments against the guy and his self-righteousness.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 7, 2013 08:40

aftergeography
Thats it...Gravity Boy's message about Keith playing the wrong key has made me register and finally post...(been reading for on and off several years...really been reading everyday since last fall) I'm sick of all this bashing...You, Gravity Boy sir, are wrong! The song sounds like its somewhere in E and Keith's solo is in the neighborhood of E...Or at least thats where I'm finding it playing along...Chill out man, we get it, you were obviously disappointed in Keith's performance (its for sure not his best, but hell, I didn't think it was that bad...

Keith goes off key - he does it often when he thinks he can impress by playing without looking.

Did you really watch the video?

Have you read the comments.

I'm not bashing Keith, I want him to do it well and not have people taking the piss out of him.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 09:40

Hanns Rainsch

Jeez, AEG is seemingly doing every trick to promote the concerts, and get people into mood. Yeah, it's "devil's music" and "The Stones are going to bury your town".... aah, so nostalgic.... those dangerous Rolling Stones... I bet the guy is on salary....>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:17

You find these people all over the world. They simply try to save our lives. Mick Jagger is the true devil and by entering the Oracle Arena we were all sinners according to him.

If you go to London UK Hyde Park speakers corner on the North East side right next to Marble Arch on a Sunday morning it is a pure joy to listen to similar people standing on their litte boxes, with a small or larger crowd, listening to what they have to say, some times making a hell of a dispute, quite intense, something to look forward to for the Hyde Park days this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 11:59

Agree the discoey tempo to SFTD is a bit hard to take. and the gorilla outfit???
Keith's "solo" is pretty rough but he was never known for his solos anyway. Apart from chuck berry riffs his only notable solo is the ya ya version of sympathy. That was a loooong time ago.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:22

My first video.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:32

drbryant
My first video.

nice video. closest of all the videos to what i actually heard when i was there. i had forgotten some of mick's goofy dance moves in this song!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 7, 2013 12:49

The mythological Rolling Stones live on
[www.sfexaminer.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2013 13:36

proudmary
[www.sfexaminer.com]

Wow, that guy gets it and conveys it well, got goosebumps reading it...

@drbryant - cool video, well done, looks like you were against the rail to the left? Pretty much where I was at O2/25th, maybe a bit towards the center...happy memories!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:05

[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones 2013-05-05 Oakland
Info hash 7ec2dd5292a5729d77735a42c164405a74f9fe38
Description Contrast Clause:

Daspyknows recording can be found here:
[www.dimeadozen.org]
This is a different recording, done by a different taper.

All thanks should go to the taper of this show, who asked me to post this. Also thanks to Daspyknows for taping, I used his source for the intro and to patch the first 90 seconds of Get Off of My Cloud.

The Rolling Stones
May 05, 2013
Oracle Arena
Oakland, CA

Source: Schoeps > Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10
Lineage: wav 16/44 > edit > FLAC

01 Intro
02 Get Off of My Cloud
03 It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
04 Live with Me
05 Paint It Black
06 Gimme Shelter
07 Little Red Rooster (Willie Dixon cover) (with Tom Waits)
08 Dead Flowers
09 Emotional Rescue
10 All Down the Line
11 Doom and Gloom
12 One More Shot
13 Honky Tonk Women
14 -band intros-
15 Before They Make Me Run
16 Happy
17 Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
18 Miss You
19 Start Me Up
20 Tumbling Dice
21 Brown Sugar
22 Sympathy for the Devil

Encores:
23 You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the San Jose State University Choraliers)
24 Jumpin' Jack Flash
25 Satisfaction

Total Time: 146:27

Notes: Intro and first 1.5 minutes of Get off of My Cloud patched with Daspyknows' Schoeps MK4>Nbox>DR-2D source. Thanks to both tapers!

Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:11

Rolling Stones Oakland 2013 exclusive photos from the "inside of the tongue" (Tongue Pit)

[]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:20

proudmary
[www.sfexaminer.com]

Great article. They are playing hard! Got the mojo going, which is fantastic to see.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:24

viejorolinga

[]

Damn these pix are depressing : they all look so contrived onstage. confused smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:42

Really? They look ok to me..it seems like Taylor pinched bv's jacket when he bumped into him in SF the other day though, dude's really strapped for cash ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 15:48 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:42

Contrived? Totally disagree. Some amazing shots showing a lot of concentrated passion. Love the one with Waits going crouching on one knee, with Jagger giving him the look. Great shot!

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:16

MKjan
Hanns Rainsch

There are many like him over here....I think they're called republicans.

I think you have had your head up your arsh too long. There isn't a Republican within 2,500 KM from the state of California.

We republicans have one solution for these individuals. Double tap to the head and don't get in the way. >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home