Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Oakland May 5 Stones show live updates
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:35

GADAWG
MKjan
Hanns Rainsch
Has anyone who attended the show noticed this guy? I can't imagine something like that in Europe...

There are many like him over here....I think they're called republicans.

I think you have had your head up your arsh too long. There isn't a Republican within 2,500 KM from the state of California.

We republicans have one solution for these individuals. Double tap to the head and don't get in the way. >grinning smiley<

Do you mean since Reagan, Nixon and Schwarzenegger left office?

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:37

Back in '89 at the show in Raleigh...one guy was dressed like Jesus carrying a cross around...

bv
You find these people all over the world. They simply try to save our lives. Mick Jagger is the true devil and by entering the Oracle Arena we were all sinners according to him.

If you go to London UK Hyde Park speakers corner on the North East side right next to Marble Arch on a Sunday morning it is a pure joy to listen to similar people standing on their litte boxes, with a small or larger crowd, listening to what they have to say, some times making a hell of a dispute, quite intense, something to look forward to for the Hyde Park days this summer.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:55

treaclefingers
GADAWG
MKjan
Hanns Rainsch
Has anyone who attended the show noticed this guy? I can't imagine something like that in Europe...

I think you have had your head up your arsh too long. There isn't a Republican within 2,500 KM from the state of California.

We republicans have one solution for these individuals. Double tap to the head and don't get in the way. >grinning smiley<

Reagan> It's all gone to hell since then!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:05

GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
MKjan
Hanns Rainsch

I don't think you're going to get a lot of people arguing with you

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 7, 2013 18:11

tiffjagger
Those "you're going to hell" people will be at San Jose too. They are ALWAYS there for concerts. Complete nut bags.

In a way they're some kind of Hells Angels, but less violent in behaviour.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:03

ozziestone
Keith's "solo" is pretty rough but he was never known for his solos anyway. Apart from chuck berry riffs his only notable solo is the ya ya version of sympathy. That was a loooong time ago.
Yeah,too bad they don't have a guitar player around who can play good lead guitar. Where's Mick Taylor when you need him?.......Oh wait.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Des ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:23

I had to sell my tickets and leave after that guy pointed out that they sang songs about drugs and fornication.....if only I had knownsmiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:35

Des
I had to sell my tickets and leave after that guy pointed out that they sang songs about drugs and fornication.....if only I had knownsmiling smiley

"drugs and fornication"?
That's why the live music ain't so great now : the band members don't live what they sing anymore!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:51

Live with me

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:56

Better than Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out version. Best I have ever heard !!!!! Best show ever.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:03

(I guess it depends on how big a neighborhood that E is.

All these years, that's it, you can't take anymore and all you say is you thought it was not that bad ??? Sounded like you were going to be outraged and you ended up disagreeing a little.

I'm still not sure about the neighborhood thing though, when it comes to notes.)

Well, I held back a little...my main point; Keith wasn't in the wrong key during SFTD solo...yes i watched the video severals times and yes i unfortunately read the comments...some folks just being too picky and giving Keith a hard time in my opinion...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:16

sweetcharmedlife
ozziestone
Keith's "solo" is pretty rough but he was never known for his solos anyway. Apart from chuck berry riffs his only notable solo is the ya ya version of sympathy. That was a loooong time ago.
Yeah,too bad they don't have a guitar player around who can play good lead guitar. Where's Mick Taylor when you need him?.......Oh wait.eye rolling smiley

classic. grinning smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:19

grinning smiley smileys with beergrinning smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:35

Hanns Rainsch

This guy's funny...

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:05

GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
MKjan
Hanns Rainsch

He could be from "Reverend Fred Phelps Westboro Baptist Church". They show up at burial ceremonies of people that died from AIDS and harass their families with derogatory hate signs and shouting religious rhetoric while people are grieving. Really horrible group of people..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:51

This is a video we've been waiting for: watch poor Mick trying to keep Tom waits in order and get him to sing in the right places...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:55

Green Lady
This is a video we've been waiting for: watch poor Mick trying to keep Tom waits in order and get him to sing in the right places...

it was great to be there - total chaos, but beautiful chaos. mick had to orchestrate ronnie too, who was totally confused by waits. it's the closest i've seen mick to being a conductor!

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 8, 2013 00:21

I think it looks like the sound engineer was sleeping when Waits started singing as it appears to me that Waits' mouth is singing, but no sound comes out the first couple of seconds, and Mick tries to get the band to wait him in. Shit happens and I think they handled it fine.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 8, 2013 01:22

audun-eg
I think it looks like the sound engineer was sleeping when Waits started singing as it appears to me that Waits' mouth is singing, but no sound comes out the first couple of seconds, and Mick tries to get the band to wait him in. Shit happens and I think they handled it fine.

None of this was Waits' fault. LRR is a very tricky tune because the amount of measures you have to count before the vocal comes in on the IV chord changes during the song, and everyone has done the song a little differently. There is an extra vamp at the end of the verse before going to the V chord as well. Like a lot of great blues songs, it's deceptively simple.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 8, 2013 01:35

71Tele
audun-eg

None of this was Waits' fault. LRR is a very tricky tune because the amount of measures you have to count before the vocal comes in on the IV chord changes during the song, and everyone has done the song a little differently. There is an extra vamp at the end of the verse before going to the V chord as well. Like a lot of great blues songs, it's deceptively simple.

wait a minute. it's tricky AND simple?

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 8, 2013 01:49

I was surprised to see that Mick Taylor did not come out for the final bows, either as a group or just the boys.

Date: May 8, 2013 02:09

GRNRBITW
71Tele
audun-eg

Yeah. That's the weird thing about good blues.

Date: May 8, 2013 02:13

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
audun-eg

uh uh...the stones don't do tricky things. 12 bar blooze they can play in their sleep....

Date: May 8, 2013 02:17

GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
audun-eg

uh uh...the stones don't do tricky things. 12 bar blooze they can play in their sleep....

Well, then they were very much awake as they didn't seem to be able to get together on the changes on Rooster at all.

Date: May 8, 2013 02:17

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
audun-eg

Well, then they were very much awake as they didn't seem to be able to get together on the changes on Rooster at all.

maybe they need wolf to walk them thru it again....

Date: May 8, 2013 02:19

GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
audun-eg

maybe they need wolf to walk them thru it again....

"Now you and Hubert take it..."

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:35

LSTNT
I was surprised to see that Mick Taylor did not come out for the final bows, either as a group or just the boys.

Mick Taylor DID indded come out for the final bow, along with ALL of the musicians... he then started to walk away with Chuck & Lisa but Keef told him to stay... you can then see MT wave Keef to go on without him, but Keef insists MT stay with the 4 members and takes the bow with them as well... very NICE moment indeed... MT & Charlie then walked off the stage together I saw this & recorded this!!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:05

gripweed
LSTNT

Mick Taylor DID indded come out for the final bow, along with ALL of the musicians... he then started to walk away with Chuck & Lisa but Keef told him to stay... you can then see MT wave Keef to go on without him, but Keef insists MT stay with the 4 members and takes the bow with them as well... very NICE moment indeed... MT & Charlie then walked off the stage together I saw this & recorded this!!

Thanks for me mentioning this. Someone else claimed MT had to "struggle" and "fight" his way into the final bow, I was there and saw it happen as you did.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:25

Tonyz
Dead Flowers and All Down the Line... fantastic!!

Whoo Hoo! Now I am excited. peace

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:34

sonomastone
Green Lady

it was great to be there - total chaos, but beautiful chaos. mick had to orchestrate ronnie too, who was totally confused by waits. it's the closest i've seen mick to being a conductor!

Friggin fantastic, Tom Waits rocks and stirs it up a bit, finally something a bit unexpected and exciting, love it! peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home