Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 4, 2014 12:40

LieB
What nags me is that apart from Midnight Rambler they're giving him an acoustic spot on Satisfaction, which is silly. Sure, they did Sway, CYHMK, Silver Train and a few oddities with him, but they were very few and far between. My wish is that they would give Taylor one more spot in which they rotate a number of songs where he is relevant, like All Down The Line, Shine A Light, Live With Me, Honky Tonk Women, Stray Cat Blues, Street Fighting Man, Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, Sympathy, YCAGWYW, and so on. Why not let him play some leads on one war horse each night? Heck, he could even have a electric guitar part on the YCAGWYW encore every night. Much better than an acoustic on Satisfaction.

I believe that the only reason why MT joins in on Satisfaction is to have him on stage for the final song and bow.

C

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 4, 2014 13:51

liddas

I believe that the only reason why MT joins in on Satisfaction is to have him on stage for the final song and bow.

C

And make sure he do as little damage as possible... hence the acoustic (I'm still missing the mess he did with his electric - what he was thinking, it is 1969 or something..grinning smiley)

- Doxa

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 4, 2014 14:10

I think it's pretty obvious by now that MT isn't getting any more songs unless it is something horrible like Streets Of Love...smiling smiley

Date: November 4, 2014 14:16

Let's keep our fingers crossed that, if there is a new album in the works, Mick Taylor be invited to the sessions and play on at least a handful of songs!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 14:18

99 pages of people asking for more Taylor on songs but when Wyman expressed himself that he wanted more than 2 songs he was enemy number 1.....eye rolling smiley

Date: November 4, 2014 14:36

Rollin92
99 pages of people asking for more Taylor on songs but when Wyman expressed himself that he wanted more than 2 songs he was enemy number 1.....eye rolling smiley

...No one likes a bass player! winking smiley

I don't think Mick (Jagger) wanted Bill there-he invited him to the party (probably hoping he'd decline) so he could wash his hands of the matter if Bill did decline..."Well, we said he could come play with us..."...

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:07

bv
I was hoping for may be two or even three songs with Mick Taylor, but they did only fit him in for one song at the Staples opening show. This is the "WE WANT MORE MICK TAYLOR" on stage thread ... but please do NOT misunderstand, nothing wrong with Ronnie!

We have Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler, and now also on Satisfaction, but we are greedy, we want another Staples-2 with "Sway" and/or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" too...

All of the new "We want more Mick Taylor" threads will be merged in here, as there are already many around!

Los Angeles May 20 - Staples-2:
Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

MT on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking + also Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction! We love it and we are crossing our fingers for the East Coast shows!

All our hopes contained in your - still relevant - opening post, Bjornulf.
Those hopes remain the same...

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:21

LieB
What nags me is that apart from Midnight Rambler they're giving him an acoustic spot on Satisfaction, which is silly. Sure, they did Sway, CYHMK, Silver Train and a few oddities with him, but they were very few and far between. My wish is that they would give Taylor one more spot in which they rotate a number of songs where he is relevant, like All Down The Line, Shine A Light, Live With Me, Honky Tonk Women, Stray Cat Blues, Street Fighting Man, Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, Sympathy, YCAGWYW, and so on. Why not let him play some leads on one war horse each night? Heck, he could even have a electric guitar part on the YCAGWYW encore every night. Much better than an acoustic on Satisfaction.

Get over it, he seems to have fun, just like the audience, and that's what matters. But then:

1: Taylor is not a member anymore, he's a guest.

2: If he played like back in the days he might steal the Limelight for at least an hour, judging the songs you mentioned.. We cannot have that after 40+ years. Never change a winning team.

3: People are not visiting the Stones for extended guitar solos, the early 7-tees are over. If you want to enjoy Taylor with the Stones, I suggest you put on Brussels'73 or L&G. At least that's what I do.smiling smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:56

LuxuryStones
I know, but I want him to be a guest on at least one more song. Or at least let him do what he does best -- play the electric guitar.

2: If he played like back in the days he might steal the Limelight for at least an hour, judging the songs you mentioned.. We cannot have that after 40+ years. Never change a winning team.
I was saying have him on ONE more song and made some suggestions. Not an hour (although I would love that).

3: People are not visiting the Stones for extended guitar solos, the early 7-tees are over. If you want to enjoy Taylor with the Stones, I suggest you put on Brussels'73 or L&G. At least that's what I do.smiling smiley
True. smiling smiley

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:59

LuxuryStones
LieB

Get over it, he seems to have fun, just like the audience, and that's what matters. But then:

3: People are not visiting the Stones for extended guitar solos, the early 7-tees are over. If you want to enjoy Taylor with the Stones, I suggest you put on Brussels'73 or L&G. At least that's what I do.smiling smiley[/quote

Hmm...as much as I would like to hear more Taylor it's not going to happen. I think it is probably old fans like myself that want to relive those magical moments from 40 years ago from our youth. I am happy for the 2 songs he does play on. I never thought he would be back on stage with the Stones, but he is so I will savor these moments.

Date: November 4, 2014 16:06

Yep, when I saw him back in 2012 with the Stones again, I thought : " This is too good to be true" smiling smiley

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: November 4, 2014 16:55

LuxuryStones
Yep, when I saw him back in 2012 with the Stones again, I thought : " This is too good to be true" smiling smiley

defo. what a crying shame he's been so poorly underused. very dissapointed at what might have been after those early press quotes about the 3 gtrs weaving etc, and seeing him play and lift the band up several notches. elated but gutted at the same time

Date: November 4, 2014 18:06

Captainchaos
LuxuryStones

defo. what a crying shame he's been so poorly underused. very dissapointed at what might have been after those early press quotes about the 3 gtrs weaving etc, and seeing him play and lift the band up several notches. elated but gutted at the same time

Time is running out, I hope Jagger changes his mind.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 4, 2014 18:16

LuxuryStones
You hit the nail on the head. Also, when you wrote:

>2: If he played like back in the days he might steal the Limelight for at least an hour, judging the songs you mentioned.. We cannot have that after 40+ years. Never change a winning team.

Philly 2 last year. After the show, my wife (she's seen the Stones about 15 times since 81) asks "who was that guitarist . . . he stole the show." (referring to CYHMK, which has disappeared).

you are right, we cannot have that.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 18:46

Philly 2 last year. After the show, my wife (she's seen the Stones about 15 times since 81) asks "who was that guitarist . . . he stole the show." (referring to CYHMK, which has disappeared).

What do you mean "disappeared"? A quick YouTube check and it's right there. I too am tremendously disappointed as that show was in my top 5 of the 25 I've seen after Brixton and the No Security opener.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: November 4, 2014 18:54

shawnriffhard1

What do you mean "disappeared"? A quick YouTube check and it's right there. I too am tremendously disappointed as that show was in my top 5 of the 25 I've seen after Brixton and the No Security opener.

I think he means disappeared from the setlist.

Seeing this thread back near the top of the board gave me a good laugh, thanks BV.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:09

As I have written at least on one earlier occasion, the only hope I see of having Mick Taylor on for more songs, is for songs, where the band of later years has not developed too strict routines and approaches as to who plays what. This means that on songs like "Streets of Love", that is, songs from later albums not played that much by the Stones, there is a greater probability that we might obtain one more song or two on each concert.

Then I may supply the Stones with an idea. Let a few such songs rotate among the material from later decades. Then recorded live material with possible interest for fans of a somewhat older age might attract buyers of a live Stones album, featuring Mick Taylor. And the concerts may generally become stimulated by fresher input.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:35

Stoneburst
shawnriffhard1

Seeing this thread back near the top of the board gave me a good laugh, thanks BV.

yes, they don't play it because it draws attention to how good they are with him.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:46

Rokyfan
Stoneburst
shawnriffhard1

yes, they don't play it because it draws attention to how good they are with him.

They are superb with him. I would think they would like that. Okay, maybe not. Is it ego? What about the legacy of the band, the whole band?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:51

I guess the situation right now makes no one happy. Definitely not the Taylorites and the tourists don't care anyway. It only evokes the question why they still have him on. To me it looks like some kind of friendship treaty.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:58

I think they'll be happy to have him on stage for Rambler and Satisfaction as long as he wants to do it. It seems there are too many unresolved "business issues" for them to stop inviting him. Besides what they're paying him is likely peanuts compared to the bottom line and it spruces it up their show. I suppose it's "win-win" at this stage...

The fact he was not asked to play on "Loving Cup" says it all though, sadly, as far as their interest in taking this further goes.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 4, 2014 20:15

gotdablouse

The fact he was not asked to play on "Loving Cup" says it all though, sadly, as far as their interest in taking this further goes.

Obviously they told him in advance where to play. His noodling on MR is limited. I'm always hoping for a great blues intermezzo a la Brussels, it never happens.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 4, 2014 20:32

LuxuryStones
LieB

Taylor's playing with the Stones is not, and never was, just about extended guitar solos. It is about style, taste, and accompaniment. Solos were not any more extended when Taylor was in the band than later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 20:34 by 71Tele.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 4, 2014 20:33

If I'd had any say in it I'd have had him on 3 or 4 songs before the break and then back on at the end on Midnight Rambler and Satisfaction

Setlist would be like this............

1. Sympathy<>Too much blood
2. Sway
3. Doom & Gloom
4. Hey Negrita\Hot stuff\Pretty beat up\Tie you up-----------Rotated

Then; 4 songs from either Sticky Fingers \ Exile \ GHS \ IORR.....the fan vote would be;
Do you want to hear Mick Taylor on 4 songs from SF, Exile, GHS or IORR? (no warhorses in there.........well, ok.......... Brown sugar).

9 & 10. Keith's songs.......(whatever.........

11. HTW
12. Gimme shelter
13. Love in vain \ Monkey man \ Let it bleed -----------Rotated
14. You can't always get.......
15. Just my imagination.....extended version like in '81\'82
16. I go wild
17. Get off of my cloud
18. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore
19. MR
20. Satisfaction

Just takes a bit of imagination............I wish Mick would let his runaway with him.........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 20:38 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2014 20:40

People are not visiting the Stones for extended guitar solos, the early 7-tees are over

True but MT is capable of playing such tasteful fills that he could really contribute!

Maybe if they listen to how lame Loving Cup was in Perth, they will change their minds about this. They definitely could have used him, his countrified fills could have rescued this tune. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2014 21:06

Still hoping that Taylor will play more. Still hoping the calcified setlist will be altered. Give it up. The Rolling Stones do not care what we want. To justify their high prices they have to give the yokels what they want. And yes, the Stones have lost their artistic balls. Just be happy that Mick Taylor gets to pick up a few sheckels and gets his name out there again in high profile. It will be up to him what he does with that after this tour finally ends.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 4, 2014 21:34

I believe that people are never happy, instead of enjoying seeing Taylor guest, you continue to criticize his participation.
Taylor is no longer part of the Stones for years! It 'called to make a regular guest on this tour, be happy!

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: November 4, 2014 21:42

Honestly, I can't wait for this tour to be over, so I can (perhaps) once more have the chance to see Mick Taylor play an entire set of kick-ass guitar for the very reasonable price of £25.

Date: November 4, 2014 22:38

For Taylor on LC listen to Vancouver 1972.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 4, 2014 22:40

DandelionPowderman
For Taylor on LC listen to Vancouver 1972.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home