Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:10

Anyone know if they have been rehearsing this week? Mick mentioned using some songs from 1969, so I'd like them to have rehearsed Stray Cat Blues

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 00:12 by Rollin92.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:12

So the situation at the moment for tier 2 tickets:
entry from West entrance and we will get barclaycard-wristbands?

Wasn't there also some early entry thing for GA with barclaycard?
this option came afterwards and only for uk residents. Or do I remember wrong?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:29

Why would UK residents be the only ones to get early entry? (Not saying that's wrong, just whining.)

Posted by: jofowles ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:45

Just downloaded the BST Hyde Park iphone App. The map shown there for the Stones shows the Gold and Diamond circles. I'll wait for a further version tomorrow......probably several versions throughout the day.
Also, as a Tier 2 ticket holder, I should use the west entrance. The latest map does not show a west entrance. Seriously, my dog could've organised this better.

Date: July 5, 2013 00:47

I was in Hyde Park this evening and suddenly 'Start Me Up' blasted out....whilst it was evidently a sound check, it was recorded and not Live. Sounded really good and crystal clear so hopefully the promised upgraded sound system is indeed a reality. The park is looking good,weather is going to be great this weekend and next week so all set for a fantastic concert!

Re: Hyde park Layout changed!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2013 01:12

Some good news at last!

thecitadel
Latest from the shambles at BST - looks like the entrance and position for Tier 1 and Tier 2 has changed...

[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]

That was yesterday's map, the latest map (in theory) is what got sent via email tonight -> [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 09:03 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 5, 2013 02:48

nobodyimportant
MartinB
on this map it does not look like a great view for T2 (and most of T1)

It looks OK to me provided that it is not rammed full. There is supposed to be space for people to sit and chill out all day.

I think they expect you to do the sitting in the Garden or the BUBB so you can spends loads of money on refreshments.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 5, 2013 03:40

Mick: Stones to play same set list as in 1969.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Do folks here really think they're going to play I'm Yours and I'm Hers, Mercy Mercy and Down Home Girl? (It would be cool if they did.) This would also mean: no TD, no Start Me Up, no Miss You, no Doom and Gloom, no Brown Sugar (!!!).

We already know Mick really isn't serious about this as otherwise the Song Vote wouldn't include post-69 numbers.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 5, 2013 03:44

TimeIs

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Do folks here really think they're going to play I'm Yours and I'm Hers, Mercy Mercy and Down Home Girl? (It would be cool if they did.) This would also mean: no TD, no Start Me Up, no Miss You, no Doom and Gloom, no Brown Sugar (!!!).

We already know Mick really isn't serious about this as otherwise the Song Vote wouldn't include post-69 numbers.

Its a joke !

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: July 5, 2013 03:55

Gazza
TimeIs

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Its a joke !

Maybe, but you do get "Loving Cup" as well as "Love In Vain." Mind you, it is probably Mick having a laff, but one can always keep the fingers crossed

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 5, 2013 07:53

Gazza
TimeIs

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Its a joke !

Reminds me of Twickenham 2006, when Jagger asked from the audience that since they used to play quite near in Richmond, did anyone caught them there at the time. Since no much response, he said "Don't worry, the set list is the same"...grinning smiley

But jokes aside, I checked the Hyde Park set list in Gazza's fantastic set list page, and made some observations.

Firstly, the show was the live debut of of such iconic Stones songs as "Honky Tonk Women", "Midnight Rambler" and "Street Fighting Man". Also such strong cuts as "Love In Vain", Stray Cat Blues" and "Loving Cup" made their debut, plus the real oddities "I'm Yours, She's Mine" and "Down Home Girl". That is to say, out of 15 songs, only 6 had been played before.

Secondly, if we leave the special TV show "Rock and Roll Circus" out - that no had seen by then - it was also an actual live premiere of "Sympathy For The Devil" and "No Expectations".

Some conclusions/interpretations.

- among other things Hyde Park shows to be historical ones, it is also to celebrate the debuts of such iconic war horses songs such as "Honky Tonk Women", "Midnight Rambler" and "Street Fighting Man". And I would also claim "Sympathy" goes for the same status.
- The Stones will play in any case "Jumping Jack Flash", "Satisfaction", "Rambler", "Sympathy" and Honky Tonk Women" from the original Hyde park set (5 of 14)
- of the others, they had played during this tour "Love In Vain", "Street Fighting Man" an "No Expectations". During A BIGGER BANG TOUR they've played also "I'm Free" and "Loving Cup". "Stray Cat Blues" is familiar at least from LICKS TOUR. That is to say that those songs are not really obscure to them, so 11 of 14 '69 numbers are within the realm of their reach
- only three songs are total obscurities: "I'm Yours, She's Mine", "Down Home Girl" and "Mercy Mercy"

Speculations: were there some truth in Jagger's joke?

- like said, we surely going to hear 5 of 14. Then we have 6 potential ones
- does Jagger check Gazza's set list? Who knows, but I suppose his source is the same as most of people's: THE STONES IN THE PARK document. I'm rather sure he consults it to fresh his memories of the event to get the "feeling". What we find there: "Love In Vain" and "I'm Free" comes easily to mind, and the bit of "Street Fighting Man" which is a special 68/69 era strong, especially for Londoners
- summa summarum: my guess is that "Love In Vain" and "Street Fighting Man" will be heard in Hyde Park, "I'm Free" will make its debut during the recent tour. Since they have two shows, they might play some other "original" Hyde Park song as well. That will make it "the same list" enough in Jaggerian language.grinning smiley

The Stones in the Park, man!thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 08:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: rika ()
Date: July 5, 2013 07:58

jofowles
as a Tier 2 ticket holder, I should use the west entrance. The latest map does not show a west entrance. Seriously, my dog could've organised this better.

i couldn't find WEST entrance on the map FrontGate emailed me last night neither on BST app.

now, there's a new map on their website, with WEST entrance! can't believe BST starts today...wish BON JOVI goers a good luck.

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Posted by: rika ()
Date: July 5, 2013 08:02

rika
jofowles
as a Tier 2 ticket holder, I should use the west entrance. The latest map does not show a west entrance. Seriously, my dog could've organised this better.

i couldn't find WEST entrance on the map FrontGate emailed me last night neither on BST app.

now, there's a new map on their website, with WEST entrance! [www.bst-hydepark.com]

and RS 6th/13th Map pdf link
[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2013 09:04

This *might* not be the latest based on the email sent out yesterday to ticket holders, see [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 10:18

Doxa
Gazza
TimeIs

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Its a joke !

Reminds me of Twickenham 2006, when Jagger asked from the audience that since they used to play quite near in Richmond, did anyone caught them there at the time. Since no much response, he said "Don't worry, the set list is the same"...grinning smiley

But jokes aside, I checked the Hyde Park set list in Gazza's fantastic set list page, and made some observations.

Firstly, the show was the live debut of of such iconic Stones songs as "Honky Tonk Women", "Midnight Rambler" and "Street Fighting Man". Also such strong cuts as "Love In Vain", Stray Cat Blues" and "Loving Cup" made their debut, plus the real oddities "I'm Yours, She's Mine" and "Down Home Girl". That is to say, out of 15 songs, only 6 had been played before.

Secondly, if we leave the special TV show "Rock and Roll Circus" out - that no had seen by then - it was also an actual live premiere of "Sympathy For The Devil" and "No Expectations".

- among other things Hyde Park shows to be historical ones, it is also to celebrate the debuts of such iconic war horses songs such as "Honky Tonk Women", "Midnight Rambler" and "Street Fighting Man". And I would also claim "Sympathy" goes for the same status.
- The Stones will play in any case "Jumping Jack Flash", "Satisfaction", "Rambler", "Sympathy" and Honky Tonk Women" from the original Hyde park set (5 of 14)
- of the others, they had played during this tour "Love In Vain", "Street Fighting Man" an "No Expectations". During A BIGGER BANG TOUR they've played also "I'm Free" and "Loving Cup". "Stray Cat Blues" is familiar at least from LICKS TOUR. That is to say that those songs are not really obscure to them, so 11 of 14 '69 numbers are within the realm of their reach
- only three songs are total obscurities: "I'm Yours, She's Mine", "Down Home Girl" and "Mercy Mercy"

- does Jagger check Gazza's set list? Who knows, but I suppose his source is the same as most of people's: THE STONES IN THE PARK document. I'm rather sure he consults it to fresh his memories of the event to get the "feeling". What we find there: "Love In Vain" and "I'm Free" comes easily to mind, and the bit of "Street Fighting Man" which is a special 68/69 era strong, especially for Londoners
- summa summarum: my guess is that "Love In Vain" and "Street Fighting Man" will be heard in Hyde Park, "I'm Free" will make its debut during the recent tour. Since they have two shows, they might play some other "original" Hyde Park song as well. That will make it "the same list" enough in Jaggerian language.grinning smiley

- Doxa

when mick said it was the same set list, he was making fun of the stones for playing predominantly war horses from the 60s. classic mick self-depracating humor.

street fighting man is indeed evocative of london and that time; i think it's a great candidate. i'm free is also a good candidate, and provides the opportunity for a ticket price joke prior to the number. it has the added benefit of having at least one popular cover version in the UK, so would be broadly recognized across generations whilst still a "rarity".

i don't think there's any chance of them playing love in vain, but i hope i'm wrong.

also - look for an adjustment in response to the chilly reception the taylor jams got in glastonbury.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 10:42

I would LOVE to hear I´m free! Not to mention Mick T on Love in vain! :-D Let´s just wait and see.... Off to London later today.

Date: July 5, 2013 10:44

LQ1977
I would LOVE to hear I´m free! Not to mention Mick T on Love in vain! :-D Let´s just wait and see.... Off to London later today.

have fun everyone!

Date: July 5, 2013 11:14

Doxa
Gazza
TimeIs

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Its a joke !

- Doxa

It would certainly be a dream come true for me, if they indeed played the same set thumbs up

However, we should keep in mind what we are asking for, as that setlist is dominated by the war horses grinning smiley

BTW, have you gotten your ticket yet, Doxa? I'll have to stand in the line tomorrow... angry smiley

Date: July 5, 2013 11:23

just read the comments on the telegraph web site to the story about mick joking abou the same set list.
really harsh comments. not a single positive one.

to paraphrase a few:

"very little new material since 73"
"saw them the first time in hyde park, they were terrible and we left early"
"most people say they embarrassed themselves at glastonbury, only the press is giving them good reviews"
"they've been playing the same set list ever since"

are the stones a joke to the general public these days?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:30

Todays email from BST contained this image:

So are we back to the classical Gold Circle?

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:39

No i think that's just the setup for today, technically speaking there are no category called "circle" for the stones.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:43

latvianinexile
Todays email from BST contained this image:

So are we back to the classical Gold Circle?

Hope so, but I think this is the map only for Bon Jovi..

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:43

they keep really busy people designing new stage layouts each day... The question of the final setting that will be used is even more thrilling than the setlist eye rolling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:01

They might even come up with one seating plan for the first Stones show and a second layout for the second show. yawning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:03

DandelionPowderman

BTW, have you gotten your ticket yet, Doxa? I'll have to stand in the line tomorrow... angry smiley

Yeah, got mine in post two weeks ago. So I guess I should consider myself a lucky one, couldn't even start to worry too much....eye rolling smiley

So sad we see different concerts; it would have been a pleasure to see you, you know, after all these years (even lately the Taylor drama have abit seperated us)... I might be critical from a distance, but when it goes to actually experiencing them live, I leave the brains out and go nuts...grinning smiley

But have a great concert with your daughter, Dandie! I have the guts that these concerts are going to be great events, and the band continues there where they left us in Glasto.

- Doxa

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:20

sonomastone
just read the comments on the telegraph web site to the story about mick joking abou the same set list.
really harsh comments. not a single positive one.

to paraphrase a few:

"very little new material since 73"
"saw them the first time in hyde park, they were terrible and we left early"
"most people say they embarrassed themselves at glastonbury, only the press is giving them good reviews"
"they've been playing the same set list ever since"

are the stones a joke to the general public these days?

grinning smiley

[au.ibtimes.com]

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:39

I am starting to think this confusion is deliberate ...

In all honesty how long would a company last if it was this incompetent on a daily basis.

If you think what you are going through ....

Now if you were trying to sell tickets for profit you really would be freaking out cos up until a few hours ago T1 and T2 looked like they did not have a great view.
No ones going to pay ££££ through the nose for those anymore .

I think T1 shrunk because the scalpers asked for refunds.
BST then put T2 back up for sale a couple of days last week and just sold the unused T1s as T2.

Date: July 5, 2013 12:43

maxx
I am starting to think this confusion is deliberate ...

In all honesty how long would a company last if it was this incompetent on a daily basis.

If you think what you are going through ....

Now if you were trying to sell tickets for profit you really would be freaking out cos up until a few hours ago T1 and T2 looked like they did not have a great view.
No ones going to pay ££££ through the nose for those anymore .

I think T1 shrunk because the scalpers asked for refunds.
BST then put T2 back up for sale a couple of days last week and just sold the unused T1s as T2.

the rock-n-roll business has a long standing distaste and disregard for fans of rock and roll. it's a long standing tradition.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 13:49

Wishing everyone a great show! Enjoy! hot smiley >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:23

Have a good time with the Stones!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home