Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:45

sonomastone
just read the comments on the telegraph web site to the story about mick joking abou the same set list.
really harsh comments. not a single positive one.

to paraphrase a few:

"very little new material since 73"
"saw them the first time in hyde park, they were terrible and we left early"
"most people say they embarrassed themselves at glastonbury, only the press is giving them good reviews"
"they've been playing the same set list ever since"

are the stones a joke to the general public these days?

Just trolls as usual - same as we get on here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 14:46 by nanker phelge.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:02

Sent all over the place, walked all over park, given at least three different stories, FINALLY got payband etc. expressed feelings more loudly than might have been polite.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:05

Well done! Did you get any sense of T1/T2 setup and/or where T1/T2 would be entering the field tomorrow?

Is it consistent with the map/info given in the email last night : [www.iorr.org] or the map that circulated earlier this week with the West Entrance?

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:06

Stoneswolf
they keep really busy people designing new stage layouts each day... The question of the final setting that will be used is even more thrilling than the setlist eye rolling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:13

gotdablouse
the map/info given in the email last night

That map is the general map for the complete festival. On the BST website you find specific maps for each specific show.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 5, 2013 16:15

Aquamarine
FINALLY got payband etc.

Congratulations smileys with beer

-------------------

Date: July 5, 2013 16:19

Honestly, who knows at this point what the correct map is because the instructions in the email SPECIFICALLY mention for the Stones [image.exct.net] that T1, T2 and Unwind enter via the SOUTH GATE, consistent with the map in the email, i.e. and not the one for the event on their site : [i197.photobucket.com] where T1, T2 and UNWIND enter via the WEST GATE

Hence my question to Aquamarine to find out where she'd been told to enter tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 16:21 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:42

Aquamarine
Sent all over the place, walked all over park, given at least three different stories, FINALLY got payband etc. expressed feelings more loudly than might have been polite.

This entire thing had been a farce fro day one, and sadly continues right to this day. I am ASTONISHED that the press haven't picked up on this and made something of it, it's not as if the material for "a story" isn't out there all over the net, what in the Facebook n' Twitter age especially.

The whole fiasco disgusts me, it would be my sincerest wish that all companies concerned with putting on these events during the week go out of business; the level of incompetence displayed throughout all this has been truly breathtaking in its scope. As the saying goes .............. "you couldn't have made it up" !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:02

gotdablouse
Honestly, who knows at this point what the correct map is because the instructions in the email SPECIFICALLY mention for the Stones [image.exct.net] that T1, T2 and Unwind enter via the SOUTH GATE, consistent with the map in the email, i.e. and not the one for the event on their site : [i197.photobucket.com] where T1, T2 and UNWIND enter via the WEST GATE

Hence my question to Aquamarine to find out where she'd been told to enter tomorrow.

I read it as:

COLLECTION is at the south gate for people who don't yet have their tickets, then
ENTRY is by the west gate.

Date: July 5, 2013 17:08

Good point, under "Ticket collection and entry points" here [image.exct.net] they mention collection AND entry for T3, but for T1 and T2 they only refer to collection at the SOUTH gate...but under "Wristband instructions" : they do refer to the WEST gate for T1/T2/Unwind entrance.

Confusing? Well coming from AEG it's probably still an improvement over what they've done in the past >grinning smiley<. Now we can probably look forward to en email with a correct map since the one they sent with the instructions does not even show the WEST gate...can't think of everything I suppose !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 17:10 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:19

Way back when the Tier 1 & 2 problems first blew up, someone on here (apologies that I can't remember who) drew a suggested plan and sent it off to AEG, who rejected it.

Ironically the plan we seem to have ended up with is pretty similar. Half(ish) the FOS devoted to Tier 3, with the rest to Tier 1 with Tier 2 behind.

They haven't adopted the suggestion of making Tier 3 FOS a closed pit for firstcomers, and issuing wristbands. I would have thought that would be an advisable safety feature and fair to those who make the effort to get there early but we of course are mere amateurs compared with the well-oiled machine that is AEG eye rolling smiley

I still hope that Tiers 1 & 2 will be spacious - we were told it would be, and people need to be able to circulate comfortably around the entrance to the Garden area. I don't think anyone will need to stand in the parts that don't have a view of the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 17:20 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:28

nobodyimportant

I still hope that Tiers 1 & 2 will be spacious - we were told it would be, and people need to be able to circulate comfortably around the entrance to the Garden area. I don't think anyone will need to stand in the parts that don't have a view of the stage.

That's how it's gonna be. The T1 cannot be just a little spot in front of the stage, it needs to be tied to the back garden/bars/whatever, so that's why there is this corridor, but that's just a corridor to access the front of stage, not an area where spectators will be standing... same for T2, it's mainly front of stage, but is somehow connected to the garden, but no one will stand there...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:34

You need to pick up Tier 1-2 with bar atthr south entrance today, basically between south and west entrance. No line. Left window.(Media)

Date: July 5, 2013 17:38

gotdablouse
Well done! Did you get any sense of T1/T2 setup and/or where T1/T2 would be entering the field tomorrow?

Is it consistent with the map/info given in the email last night : [www.iorr.org] or the map that circulated earlier this week with the West Entrance?

I was told specifically to enter right next to where I picked up the wristband at the South entrance. "Just the other side of that bandstand" said the Barclaycard guy. I looked, there were already signs up there for hospitality and disabled entrance, but that's all. Then I read here that people have been told to use the West entrance, which is way off in the other direction. Couldn't see anything of the set-up inside, there were screens set up.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:38

BST FAQs
Small unauthorized professional photography or filming is not allowed.

I don't get that sentence. Is a small digicam (Canon IXUS 90) allowed?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:13

Get ready for the live album:

Celebrated music producer Bob Clearmountain is being flown in to put his magic touch on The Rolling Stones' return to London's Hyde Park tomorrow.

The band will give a headline performance at the outdoor venue for the first time since their historic free concert almost 44 years ago.

And Grammy-nominated Clearmountain - renowned for his work as a live mix engineer - has been lined up to ensure recordings of the show are up to scratch.

The Stones will play two shows at Hyde Park, with the second next Saturday, and both will be filmed and recorded. It is thought the sound recordings will go on to be sold through the iTunes Store, while footage is expected to form a future DVD release.

Although Clearmountain is not working on the sound which concertgoers will hear, he will be making the sure the sound of the recordings is the best it can be. He has previously worked on live albums Stripped, Still Life and Live Licks for the band, and also worked on their studio albums Tattoo You, including the single "Miss You".

The band's performance at Hyde Park comes just days after their much anticipated show as headliners at Glastonbury last weekend which saw them run through many of their best known hits.

Frontman Sir Mick Jagger has already hinted that the concert will feature many of the songs from the band's set list when they played their free show in 1969.

In an interview with Absolute Radio's Pete Mitchell, he said: "Obviously, the same set list is going to be used, it saves me having to think."

The previous gig, on July 5 1969, came just two days after the death of founder member Brian Jones and marked the live debut of his replacement guitarist, Mick Taylor. The performance kicked off with Sir Mick reading extracts from a poem by Shelley in tribute to Jones, who was found dead in his swimming pool at home.

There has been speculation that the band would be welcoming some guest performers to the stage, but it now seems more likely that the band themselves will be the main focus although former guitarist Mick Taylor will join them as he did at Glastonbury. Support act Gary Clark Jr, the blues guitarist, may also put in an appearance with the Stones.

As ever, there will be a few starry VIP guests at the show, which forms part of the new Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time festival, who are expected to include Kate Moss among others.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Date: July 5, 2013 18:15

Karlos123
BST FAQs

Yeah, I don't get it either, more confusion from AEG, eh!

@nobodyimportant - yeah that was marquee : [www.iorr.org]

Aquamarine
gotdablouse

I was told specifically to enter right next to where I picked up the wristband at the South entrance. "Just the other side of that bandstand" said the Barclaycard guy. I looked, there were already signs up there for hospitality and disabled entrance, but that's all. Then I read here that people have been told to use the West entrance, which is way off in the other direction. Couldn't see anything of the set-up inside, there were screens set up.

Thanks, so the confusion remains...WEST or SOUTH? First one who makes it inside please post a message here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 18:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 5, 2013 18:22

Just looking at the map they give you attached to the lanyard. Next to "Guest and Media Box Offices" where I got my twristband, there's a large arrow that says "backstage Bar Entrance."

However there's no Western entrance marked and it all says "subject to change."

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:37

I think the west entrance may appear overnight,after Bon Jovi, but who knows with these clowns.

sc uk

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:41

andrewt
Get ready for the live album:

And Grammy-nominated Clearmountain - renowned for his work as a live mix engineer - has been lined up to ensure recordings of the show are up to scratch.

The Stones will play two shows at Hyde Park, with the second next Saturday, and both will be filmed and recorded. It is thought the sound recordings will go on to be sold through the iTunes Store, while footage is expected to form a future DVD release.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Hopefully they will release the live album on CD as well.

Date: July 5, 2013 19:45

I think that Clearmountain/Live Album story needs a new thread ;-)

straycatuk
I think the west entrance may appear overnight,after Bon Jovi, but who knows with these clowns.

sc uk

Indeed, let's get braced for more "surprises" !

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:46

Karlos123
BST FAQs

This policy appeared elsewhere on the site:

"Camera Policy
Video cameras & SLR camera with
interchangeable lenses over 6 inches
long not permitted"

Is it possible they are prohibiting only "professional" photography?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 23:18

I'll pick up my tier 2 ticket near hyde park corner and then I head, with my ticket or wristband, to a certain west entrance. That's how I see it.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 5, 2013 23:33

Karlos123
BST FAQs

I think there will be no metal detectors at the entrance. But when the people on the entrances do not hard controls, then you can hide this camera maybe on your body. Do it there, where nobody will touch you, when you know, what I mean.

Date: July 5, 2013 23:40

gotdablouse
the confusion remains

LOL What do you mean with confusion ?
I got the email with info sheet saying: "Wristbands will be provided to all general admission tier 1 and 2 ticket holders."
Just to make sure I sent an email to tell them I got the info sheet and asked: "I already have my tier 2 tickets for the 13th in hand, so I assume these wristbands will be handed out when we enter through the west entrance for the show."
I got an answer saying: "What information sheet are you referencing? The only people who would receive wristbands are those with Backstage Unwind, Hospitality, or Bocca di Lupo packages."
So I replied again in an email with the info sheet attached and then got an answer saying: "You are correct, the wristbands will be allocated at the entrance gate."

Confused ?????????
You won't be after this episode of .....

-------------------

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 5, 2013 23:46

Had a great view over Hyde Park from my plane window right before landing on London City Airport at approximately 6 PM this evening. The place was packed with people.

Date: July 6, 2013 01:19

Had our picnic in Hyde Park this evening and despite Bon Jovi playing, had a great evening. Pleased to meet you Ruby T!
The sound was great and from where we were, outside the main entrance, you could see the stage and see the screens, we were a lot closer than many of the people at Glastonbury must have been. So, tomorrow will be an amazing experience no matter what tier you may be in. The guys on the entrances are very strict about no drinks of any sort or food allowed in. Water is the only exception.
Oh, and enjoy the helter skelter.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 6, 2013 01:29

Pic of tomorrow's stage!!

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 6, 2013 01:30

"despite bon jovi playing...." Lol.

Pic of tomorrow's stage!!

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2013 01:54

Manofwealthandtaste
Had our picnic in Hyde Park this evening and despite Bon Jovi playing, had a great evening. Pleased to meet you Ruby T!
The sound was great and from where we were, outside the main entrance, you could see the stage and see the screens, we were a lot closer than many of the people at Glastonbury must have been. So, tomorrow will be an amazing experience no matter what tier you may be in. The guys on the entrances are very strict about no drinks of any sort or food allowed in. Water is the only exception.
Oh, and enjoy the helter skelter.

Snigger snigger !! grinning smiley About the only thing worse could have been either Spruce Springclean or (gulp - heaven forbid) James McCartney playing, either of those two really WOULD have ruined your evening catastrophically !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home