Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 73 of 76
Re: Best time to start queuing
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:34

I would start queuing at 3pm if you want your beer before The Stones hit the stage.

Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:40

Hi, many thanks. Only one person gave the time they started queuing, which was 7am. To get a good view is it vital to start queuing that early? I'm driving from Birmingham so I'm already going to have to start out early. 9am would be better, but I'd hate to get there to find I'm too far back. If it has to be 7am, then so be it. Many thanks!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 7, 2013 22:21

jaggerrich
Hi, many thanks. Only one person gave the time they started queuing, which was 7am. To get a good view is it vital to start queuing that early? I'm driving from Birmingham so I'm already going to have to start out early. 9am would be better, but I'd hate to get there to find I'm too far back. If it has to be 7am, then so be it. Many thanks!

It was me who arrived at 7am.

9am is perfectly fine to get a great view. It was around 9:30am when the crowd that had gathered practically lunged forward to secure their spot in the line - a member of staff unclipped a bit of the fence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 22:23 by Bastion.

Date: July 8, 2013 00:12

THanks for that. I'll hopefully get there before 9. Was it as chaotic as it sounds? I hope no-one got hurt in the crush. What time did the Stones arrive on stage? How long was their set and what time did it finish? Will people manage to get the last tube home? I think they stop running about 11.30pm. Rich.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:17

Depends on what tier you're in, I guess. I was in Tier 1, overslept like an idiot, got there between 12.30 and 1, but was about three people from the front.

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:53

They got on between 8:25 and 8:30 and were on till 10:30

in terms of queuing it all depends how good a runner you are, i got there at 6:30, and had a good run at it for tier 3 and had an amazing spot, the better runner you are the later you can arrive.

Date: July 8, 2013 02:30

Thanks! I'll have a good run too! How long a run is it to the stage, once you're through the gate?

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:35

Its very very long, long enough that in the heat once i had got round all the first barrier and was in the main FOS bit i stopped running out of exhaustion and walked, I pushed myself too hard in the beginning (but i did overtake quite a lot of people) maybe a kilometer? but im not sure at all.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 11:32

Guys, I don't know how you managed this, but i know two people who were in GA3 quite late and had goos spots and here is their timing:

- first one arrived around 2PM, and secured a spot roughly 20m from the stage, 10m from the catwalk.
- second one arrived between 6PM and 7PM and 30m from the stage in front of the left wing, ie. still a view on every single Stones despite arriving very late.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 8, 2013 11:45

Relax. Don't panic. Enjoy the day. I got there with no ticket. Scored a GA one for £90 at 3pm and walked around enjoying the great carnival atmosphere. There's lots of colourful carnival type performers walking around. Great food to enjoy too.

After Gary Clark Jnr finished I made my move to the front and had a decent view about 30 yards from the stage. You can see my photos on the main Hyde Park thread.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2013 16:47

BowieStone
I would start queuing at 3pm if you want your beer before The Stones hit the stage.

My position on this is that I never drink beer before or during a Stones show, because for me even the Keith set is no 'bathroom break' time.

With that said, martinis are ok.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 8, 2013 17:50

treaclefingers
BowieStone

My position on this is that I never drink beer before or during a Stones show, because for me even the Keith set is no 'bathroom break' time.

If it's hot like saturday, you don't need a bathroom break.
You sweat it all out.

Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: wjc0054 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 20:18

HELP! I bought 3 "Tier 2" tickets on April 12th. I was told by BST they were mailed June 24th. I have not received them yet. I have repeatedly emailed BST and have not received any response. I call and get no answer. I
I leave in 48 hours from USA for London and would like to have my tickets with me.

Suggestions????

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 8, 2013 20:44

Can you have your credit card "people" investigate immediately?
Ask for a supervisor

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:27

Email order-support@frontgatetickets.com with your order number and tell them that you need to pick them up at the box office at Hyde Park as they haven't arrived. They will ask you to bring the emailed receipt and some photo ID. Hope that helps.

Posted by: belo99 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:15

was in the same situation last week for the 6th, bring your photo ID and the Order Receipt to the Box office, they will give you new tickets.

Re: Hyde Park Tier 3 GA - experiences & planning
Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:43

A meet up of IORR folk from here, at the Park, to stake out a good spot sounds like a good idea Man of Wealth & Taste. I would be up for it but definitely would suggest finding a good spot first.

I got to Hyde Park about 13:00 last Saturday and found a decent spot near the corner of the stage in GA Tier 3 and was comfortable until the Vaccines came on and then a surge started to get to the front by latecomers.

Was a bit packed after that but still enjoyed the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 22:47 by DartfordRenegade.

Re: Meeting place for fans in London
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2013 00:22

Rockman
Wish I was Gazza ... Melvyn phoned the other evening to tell me I was
the only one of the gang not going to be there ... Man did that one bite hard...

YEAH next time for sure ... I love that London town...

Take care Gazza ... kick Dean in the arse for me and get a photo of it for me too

And as I said ....Stay Safe

Didnt get a photo of it, but I have witnesses to prove that he did indeed get a boot up the arse!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:26

BowieStone
treaclefingers
BowieStone

If it's hot like saturday, you don't need a bathroom break.
You sweat it all out.

Urinesane!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:46

So, when can you pick up International Barclay's Backstage silly Bar tickets/wrist bands whatever they are this week? I arrive in London on the 11th and was hoping I can collect my tickets that afternoon. Anybody know the scoop?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 02:46 by Woz.

Posted by: wjc0054 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 05:47

Thanks for the help. I also paid extra $$$ to have them shipped. Can I expect a shipping charge refund? Did you get a refund?

Date: July 9, 2013 07:17

I did too, but they didn't mail any international orders. I am hoping they can be picked up on the 10th or the 11th.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 9, 2013 09:53

Woz
I did too, but they didn't mail any international orders. I am hoping they can be picked up on the 10th or the 11th.

are you sure the didn't? It seems so, but did really nobody outside UK get tickets ordered from ticketfactory?
Their support emailed mn that I should get in contact again in case I do not receive the tickets the day before I leave so that I can collect them at box office. They never admitted that they just did not send them...

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 11:58

July 6th @ Hyde Park was great... Couldn't make it to see them again on the 13th! sad smiley Have fun at Hyde Park & enjoy every minute! smiling smiley))

Posted by: rika ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:19

wjc0054
Thanks for the help. I also paid extra $$$ to have them shipped. Can I expect a shipping charge refund? Did you get a refund?

i've got shipping fee refund to my credit card for my unsent 6th July tickets on 29th June.

Date: July 9, 2013 22:16

Elton John cancelled due to illness, so the concert on Friday is now free.

Re: Meeting place for fans in London
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:20

Gazza
Rockman
Wish I was Gazza ... Melvyn phoned the other evening to tell me I was
the only one of the gang not going to be there ... Man did that one bite hard...

YEAH next time for sure ... I love that London town...

Take care Gazza ... kick Dean in the arse for me and get a photo of it for me too

And as I said ....Stay Safe

Didnt get a photo of it, but I have witnesses to prove that he did indeed get a boot up the arse!

All, I can confirm this happened, at the bar, just to the left of the gents bogs!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 10, 2013 09:10

I can't get home from this show. I'm STILL at Heathrow, with delays running into days instead of hours. Be warned, international visitors! (Thank God I bought a T shirt at he show, so I've got ONE clean item to wear.)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:50

Aquamarine
I can't get home from this show. I'm STILL at Heathrow, with delays running into days instead of hours. Be warned, international visitors! (Thank God I bought a T shirt at he show, so I've got ONE clean item to wear.)

Could you elaborate a bit? I am not aware of any significant delays at Heathrow. What is happening?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:27

Some kind of computer problem at Air Traffic Control yesterday affected flights over the south of England - but the papers only say "minor" delays.

Whatever it was, Aquamarine, I hope you're on your way by now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 73 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home