Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 72 of 76
Re: Jagger-Hyde park set list same as 1969
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 04:35

He was joking. The commenters are not.

Hyde Park Tier 3 GA - experiences & planning
Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:28

This topic is about technical issues for those with Tier 3 General Admission ticket

Please, who were in the Hyde Park yesterday with T3 tix, give tips and tell stories about it!

main questions:
- how early you have to go to the entrance to get a FOS spot?

- Is fast track payband useful? Can you get in earlier with it?

- Toilet problems, eating, drinking

- other people around here (T3), fighting (?)

Here's Green Lady's correct sketch from the Hyde Park arena + some very useful tips:

Green Lady

My attempt to draw the layout of the Hyde Park arena - the three things marked X are three enormous sound/film structures that block the view for miles, and therefore have a screen behind them so you can watch what you can't see. The thing that caused the difficulties is a big railed-off security area that runs practically the whole width of the field. I assumed at first that everything the other side of it was Tier 1 or 2, but no - THERE IS MORE T3 ON THE OTHER SIDE. The trouble is that to get to it you have to make an enormous detour around the end of the security area.

I found myself a nice spot on the rail of the security area - good view of screens and part of stage - but throughout the show security were dealing with people who arrived at the rails and couldn't work out
(a) whether their T3 tickets allowed them into the bit on the far side
(b) how to get there
(c) having got there, how to get back.

I probably have the exact layout of T1/T2 wrong, but I'm describing this because the bit of T3 on the Keith-side stage side of the security area was very thinly populated - plenty of room to dance and move about - so it's worth knowing that yes, you are allowed in there without a wristband. Useful information for next week.

Re: Hyde Park Tier 3 GA - experiences & planning
Date: July 7, 2013 15:33

also a great review from lmatth8461 about T3 experiences:

lmatth8461
Not exactly a live update; I'm posting this after a good night's much-needed sleep. I haven't read much of the preceding pages, so this is just my unvarnished memory of the day.

I had a tier 3 GA ticket, so arrived very early to try and secure a good spot. This proved unnecessary, as the barriers were being constantly moved, with the consequent shifting around of folks. Once everything was finalized, there were around half a dozen people in front of me in my particular entry lane. One thing that was immediately noticeable was the number of continentals - while queuing for entry, and during the concert itself, I was surrounded by French, Italians, Germans...what also became evident was that there were a lot of first-timers in the crowd; most of the people around me had never attended a Stones gig before.
Noon arrived. The gates should have opened up, but nothing happened. Time dragged on...I'm not usually bothered about waiting around, but the sun was beating down by then, and I was keen to get in, stake my position, and sit down. The rest of the crowd felt the same. After the best part of three quarters of an hour, they finally let us through, and my plan immediately stalled...the guy in our lane had problems scanning the tickets! Of course every other lane had people streaming through, so after 30 seconds we lost patience and just surged past him en masse. No ticket check, no bag check, nothing! The delay, plus not being quite as fleet as foot as most of the youngsters there meant that I didn't quite get as close to the stage as I hoped, although I didn't really have an complaints, I guess I was about 60-70 feet away.

By this time it was a little before 13:00, and I psyched myself up for the long haul. I laid down at full stretch, but as time went on, more people managed to squeeze in wherever they found some space, and it became impossible to stretch my legs, so I alternated between sitting cross legged, which became distinctly uncomfortable after a while, and standing up when the bands were on to give my legs a bit of relief. The guys around me hold my spot while I went to score some food, refill my water bottle and use the facilities, but otherwise I more or less maintained my position throughout the day.

Lee

please give us more info! winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 15:56 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:44

The drawing is not quite 100% correct, as the back part of what is labelled as the catwalk is a security corridor which also houses the camera rostrums.

For anyone like me who is short, a good spot is beside the barrier of the security strip. You then have an uninterrupted view across the space to the stage, as near to central as possible - plus something to lean on!

I had a Tier 2 ticket, but I think the same situation would apply over on the Tier 3 side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 15:49 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:08

Thanks for starting that topic. I have a T3 for next week after being spoiled with a T1 yesterday and being able to pretty much pick my spot (about 10th row, in the middle of T1) by coming in at 3.30, not the rail that got occupied earlier (by Paulywaul, Beast, etc...) but it didn't really matter. Actually I would have had a security guy breathing down my neck ;-)

I recognized some friends on the other side of the catwalk, exact same "depth" as us so I'll make sure to ask at what time they arrived. It doesn't seem like they could have done better than lmatth8461 but apparently they were closer. The issue of course is going to be food since you can't everything in, not even cookies (really ridiculous!) so it's ok if you get in at 3.30pm...although I guess you can stuff yourself before the gates open at 12.30...yeah that's a thought, and smuggle in a couple of cereal bars.

The map is very helpful but as was pointed it out there are some more barriers as I got stuck there when I had to go on a (stressful!) 30mn return trip to the toilets in the East as those in the West were close due to some "spillage" during the Vaccines set. Do they go from the tip of the B-stage to the "security area" ? That's what it looked like in the heat of the moment.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 16:12 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 7, 2013 16:35

gotdablouse
The issue of course is going to be food since you can't everything in, not even cookies (really ridiculous!) so it's ok if you get in at 3.30pm...although I guess you can stuff yourself before the gates open at 12.30...yeah that's a thought, and smuggle in a couple of cereal bars.

I had no difficulty in smuggling in 3 bottles of my drink of choice smiling smiley I deployed them in large pockets while using the distraction of a large bag containing a couple of small bottles of mineral water as red herrings, and various other stuff. Hint: including some "women's things" usually deters male searchers from rummaging further grinning smiley

drinking smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:52

Haha, will shorts with big side pockets work for smuggling in bottles of water? I always do that.

Date: July 7, 2013 17:14

Adams
Haha, will shorts with big side pockets work for smuggling in bottles of water? I always do that.

That's the idea. Bring a big carrier bag with some random stuff in it to deflect attention from your pockets. grinning smiley

Date: July 7, 2013 17:45

Water isn't a problem, I had a 2 liter camelback in my backpack and it was fine. Yes I think some stuff can be smuggled in, but that's going to add to the stress so I probably wouldn't bother personally ;-)

Date: July 7, 2013 18:03

I would like to make a suggestion for all of us in Tier 3/General Admission next Saturday - instead of meeting at the Monkey Puzzle pub beforehand. How about meeting at the Kings Head pub located INSIDE the festival area anytime from opening(1200) onwards. It is on the right hand side after entering through the main gates. Early on, there are plenty of bar staff waiting to serve you, there is seating and their is shade. Of course, anyone with Tier 1 or 2 tickets can also join us.
We can plan to move to find a good spot in a group which, once established, will then allow anyone to go and find food, bar, toilets and have their place kept. Also we can all enjoy the gig together!
Anyway, just a thought..........

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 7, 2013 18:38

I'm still in London so can't post any pictures yet. Forgive any spelling, I can only post on my phone.
I had Tier 3 and was in the front row with a great view of the whole band.

- I had a fast track band, but it didn't make any difference. The only benefit was a slightly shorter queue, but at the same time there was only one line.

- I arrived at the park around 7 and that will 100% guarantee you a fantastic FOS spot (providing you can run fast).

- When you get your spot, SIT DOWN. I made the mistake of standing while everyone else sat down, after that there was no room for me to move. I also got EXTREMELY sunburnt from doing so.

- Leaving for drinks and toilet is viable, providing you're with someone to stay behind and guard your spot. You'll also get some really dirty looks when walking back to your spot. I only left once for the loo.

- Dont bother bringing your own water. If the weather was the same as yesterday, your bottle will be f*cking boiling. There are staff with buckets of water like every outdoor show so don't worry.

To summarise, if the weather was the same as yesterday you may be regretting your decision to get FOS by roughly 4pm as I did. It only really seems worth it as soon as Keith walks onstage.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 18:59

Bastion, I was there early as well in the fast track queue right up front, which one were you?

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 7, 2013 19:08

Bastion, i was also queuing from a really early time in the fast track queue and im wondering which one are you tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 7, 2013 19:08

@Manofwealthandtaste - that sounds like a great idea, might be best to go stake out a group spot first though?

@Bastion - thanks for the feedback. I did see some very sunburst foreheads in T3 from across the catwalk...strong suntan lotion, a hat and long sleeves should take care of that though.

As for water, if you're in the front or on the sides within access of security water won't be a problem but if you're further up I'm not sure how that would work? A €10 2L camelback pocket in a backpack will take care of that problem ;-)

Date: July 7, 2013 19:11

muppetmark
Bastion, i was also queuing from a really early time in the fast track queue and im wondering which one are you tongue sticking out smiley

It was great to meet you yesterday muppetmark, hope you got close to the front. I was about 3 rows from the front on Woody's side.

Date: July 7, 2013 20:35

Rollin92
muppetmark

It was great to meet you yesterday muppetmark, hope you got close to the front. I was about 3 rows from the front on Woody's side.
It was lovely meeting you yesterday, i was 10ish rows from the front but on the walkway barrier. It was a great position
hoped you enjoyed the show smiling smiley

Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:46

I'm going on the 13th. Haven't got a fast pass. What time do you recommend queuing outside. If I get there about 10am will that be too late for a FOS spot? Many thanks.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:55

Rollin92
Bastion, I was there early as well in the fast track queue right up front, which one were you?

muppetmark

18 years old, short blonde hair. I had a grey Vans t-shirt on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 20:56 by Bastion.

Date: July 7, 2013 21:19

Manofwealthandtaste
I would like to make a suggestion for all of us in Tier 3/General Admission next Saturday - instead of meeting at the Monkey Puzzle pub beforehand. How about meeting at the Kings Head pub located INSIDE the festival area anytime from opening(1200) onwards. It is on the right hand side after entering through the main gates. Early on, there are plenty of bar staff waiting to serve you, there is seating and their is shade. Of course, anyone with Tier 1 or 2 tickets can also join us.
We can plan to move to find a good spot in a group which, once established, will then allow anyone to go and find food, bar, toilets and have their place kept. Also we can all enjoy the gig together!

It really makes sense for every IORRians here who want to be at the front to meet and find a good spot in a group. But I think it'd be better to meet before the gates open. Meet at the entrance early enough and create a massive IORR group that can help to hold each other's spot while he is on toilet/find some food, drink etc. hm? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 21:21 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:30

Manofwealthandtaste

I'm up for anything, but that sounds good

\m/

Date: July 7, 2013 22:09

muppetmark
Rollin92
muppetmark

It was lovely meeting you yesterday, i was 10ish rows from the front but on the walkway barrier. It was a great position

Great stuff, we all got good positions. Yh it was a superb show, even more special for you being your first concert.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:01

Rollin92
muppetmark
Rollin92
muppetmark

Great stuff, we all got good positions. Yh it was a superb show, even more special for you being your first concert.
First Stones gig and i'm now a member of the converted, they absolutely blew me away. Mick Jagger is the greatest front man alive. I loved every minute of it.

Posted by: FreejackPL ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:18

---> Bastion

Ran fust? How long is the distance from entrance gate to the FOS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 23:19 by FreejackPL.

Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:35

This info is also found on page one of this thread...

Recommended meeting place Friday 12 - Sunday 14 for the Hyde Park show #2:

The Pride Of Paddington
1-3 Craven Rd, London W2

[theprideofpaddington.co.uk]

This pub is open from early morning, breakfast, also after the show. They say they close at midnight Saturday, but it was full of fans serving beers a quarter past midnight afther the 1st Hyde Park show, leaving plenty of time for everyone to get to this pub. Many have hotels in the Paddington area, and many have recommended this pub, highly recommended as the meeting point at any time for the 2nd Hyde Park show. It is simply across the street from Paddington station, on the corner of Praed Street and Craven Rd (the street that is extending into Praed St.

PS. It seems like the other pub we selected as meeting point last week was closed early mornings and also after the show. Pride Of Paddington was a popular place all through Friday-Sunday during the first Hyde Park show. That is why this recommendation is given.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dalmolin ()
Date: July 8, 2013 12:55

Hello guys

I have a tier 2 ticket for 13 july
Can you tell me if i have to go to the main entrance ( north entrance) or if the tier 2 tickets go to the west entrance

Thank you for your help
Kind regards

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 8, 2013 13:30

dalmolin
Hello guys

I have a tier 2 ticket for 13 july
Can you tell me if i have to go to the main entrance ( north entrance) or if the tier 2 tickets go to the west entrance

Thank you for your help
Kind regards

West entrance.

Satisfied since 1976

Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 8, 2013 14:08

Weather forecast for Saturday 13th:

Sat
13. Jul
29°
High
16°
Overnight Low
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN
0%

WIND
NNW at 5 mph

cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 8, 2013 16:08

Manofwealthandtaste

Sounds good to me.

- Doxa

Best time to start queuing
Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:24

Any advice for those of us going on the 13th? From what time would you recommend queuing for a decent view near the front? would 10am be too late? Or even 9am? I read someone on here queued from 7am. Is it vital to queue that early? Many thanks.

Re: Best time to start queuing
Date: July 7, 2013 21:29

jaggerrich
Any advice for those of us going on the 13th? From what time would you recommend queuing for a decent view near the front? would 10am be too late? Or even 9am? I read someone on here queued from 7am. Is it vital to queue that early? Many thanks.

check this IORR thread for infos : Hyde Park Tier 3 GA - experiences & planning winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 72 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home