Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger in studio with Joe Walsh
Date: March 11, 2013 10:20

Toronto?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2013 10:31

Didn't they go there because of Cohl and since he's gone...

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:30

DandelionPowderman
Toronto?

Hello? Toronto you say? I'm "up North" already at our other home and the snow is up to my knees here. Still snow in Toronto as well. Toronto can get snow well into April and it's not really nice weather (the kind they like) until mid-May.

I'm out of it....you were referring to the STONES rehearsing in Toronto, weren't you?

Don't mind me - it's only 6:30 am right now...confused smiley

Date: March 11, 2013 12:57

Cocaine Eyes
DandelionPowderman
Toronto?

Hello? Toronto you say? I'm "up North" already at our other home and the snow is up to my knees here. Still snow in Toronto as well. Toronto can get snow well into April and it's not really nice weather (the kind they like) until mid-May.

I'm out of it....you were referring to the STONES rehearsing in Toronto, weren't you?

Try the real north, we're awaiting -30 C-temperatures now! Brrrrrrr grinning smiley

You got a point, though. It might be too cold in Toronto for old english cats in April...

Re: Mick in the studio ? (non-Stones)
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:14

stonehearted
Dreamer
I'm working as a creative so maybe that's got something to do with it smiling smiley
(What's your line of work?)
But I think what's really valuable about your comments is that it's not so much an opinion or a view but I can taste you gave things more than a serious thought...you took your time to analyse and you leave the possibility open for others to add what they think is important. I like that a lot because I believe that's what a (this) forum is about...

That's quite right. As a result of this forum, I think things through more in-depth and more analytically than I otherwise would, and the feedback of others--whether positive or negative--always stimulates further thought.

By trade I work as an editorial freelancer. But I understand the creative type as well, because I am one. I have published poetry in small literary magazines and I also write songs and play guitar, though I having nothing as yet published in that area. Good luck on your creative endeavors, Dreamer. We create not because we wish to, but because we must!

I like that a lot and I'm trying to do the same.

Ah the broad view of a fellow creative! Sometimes I write some poetry too...or an essay or a short story. I'm thinking about songwriting lately. Just for myself!
How long have you been into that? And do share somthing if you like...if not that's ok too. Just writing and reading about it is almost as good.. smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:14

Anyone noticed tweet by Tal saying 'going to England March 22nd-April 7th working on projects'.

Wonder if anything to do with new best friend Mick Jagger.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 11, 2013 16:39

bye bye johnny

Cooking up something here at Capitol Records! I think you'll like it.

[twitter.com]

Is this SuperHeavy II ????

Date: March 11, 2013 16:43

mrfancyman
bye bye johnny

Cooking up something here at Capitol Records! I think you'll like it.

[twitter.com]

Is this SuperHeavy II ????

This line up is heavier than Poop-ah Heavy...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:05

It looks much better than the Superheavy thing.............

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:17

Cocaine Eyes
DandelionPowderman
Toronto?

There's no snow in Toronto, that's for sure. It was 12C and sunny yesterday. Today 11C and rain.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:32

Yeah, I know. Just spoke to my husband this morning. It's also really (for here) warm up north today as well. But, it's going to get cold later this week.

I still doubt it's warm enough in Toronto for them to rehearse. They like weather where Mick can bike around town, Keith can walk around town, Charlie likes to walk to rehearsals......and that's not until after the start of the tour in early May.

smoking smiley

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:47

Mick is going to be in the next incarnation of the Ringo Starr All Star Band. It's his future post Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 11, 2013 18:15

Joe Walsh thumbs up smoking smiley

thumbs upRe: Mick Jagger in studio with Joe Walsh
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 11, 2013 18:30

I just had to listen to one of my Joe Walsh vinyls "Barnstorm ", 1972. thumbs up
The album cover reminds me of Canada (seventies and 1980)
Driving through the beautiful country side and Rockies and looking at all these abandoned barns and houses...Rocky Mountain Way

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 19:08 by runaway.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 11, 2013 22:47

Cocaine Eyes
Yeah, I know. Just spoke to my husband this morning. It's also really (for here) warm up north today as well. But, it's going to get cold later this week.

I still doubt it's warm enough in Toronto for them to rehearse. They like weather where Mick can bike around town, Keith can walk around town, Charlie likes to walk to rehearsals......and that's not until after the start of the tour in early May.

smoking smiley

It will dip later this week for sure. Perhaps if we left a trail of dollar bills we can attract the Stones as one would ,say, a squirrel or a migrating bird.eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2013 23:10

Dreamer
stonehearted
Dreamer
I'm working as a creative so maybe that's got something to do with it smiling smiley
(What's your line of work?)
But I think what's really valuable about your comments is that it's not so much an opinion or a view but I can taste you gave things more than a serious thought...you took your time to analyse and you leave the possibility open for others to add what they think is important. I like that a lot because I believe that's what a (this) forum is about...

That's quite right. As a result of this forum, I think things through more in-depth and more analytically than I otherwise would, and the feedback of others--whether positive or negative--always stimulates further thought.

By trade I work as an editorial freelancer. But I understand the creative type as well, because I am one. I have published poetry in small literary magazines and I also write songs and play guitar, though I having nothing as yet published in that area. Good luck on your creative endeavors, Dreamer. We create not because we wish to, but because we must!

I like that a lot and I'm trying to do the same.

Ah the broad view of a fellow creative! Sometimes I write some poetry too...or an essay or a short story. I'm thinking about songwriting lately. Just for myself!
How long have you been into that? And do share somthing if you like...if not that's ok too. Just writing and reading about it is almost as good.. smiling smiley

Songwriting evolved for me as a natural extension of poetry writing, which with me was, unlike most modern poetry, more lyrical in tone and tended to rhyme a bit, which is more suited to song lyrics. This evolution happened during the time I was teaching myself guitar, so the transition made sense.

I would love for you to hear what I've recorded, but I would be uncomfortable in taking up forum space posting my stuff, especially since there are so many other creative artists, musicians, and writers who post in the forum as well. We should devote a special thread for that, but then again perhaps not. So, to honor your request, here's my email address:

muswellmcian@hotmail.com

Send me an email with your postal address, and I'll mail you a CD of my recordings as well as pages of lyrics and maybe even some copies of poems and short stories I've published.

I would encourage you to explore songwriting, even if it is just for yourself. Just the creative act itself is what matters the most. Creating is like dreaming when you are awake--like dreams, it springs from the subconscious and let's you know how you really feel about things. That's why artists tend to be more acutely aware and sensitive than most people, because artists tend to linger in the slower, dreamier alpha brain wave state as opposed to the ordinary everyday beta wave state. I'll be checking my email and will get those materials right out to you.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2013 23:47

Max'sKansasCity

Yes, absolutely! A man for all eras and seasons. He's one of those people who just embody everything that rock n roll is supposed to be about. And unlike one of the posters above, I can totally see why he would seek to collaborate with Mick. Coming up as he did with The James Gang in the early 70s, The Stones were in all likelihood a main source of inspiration to play music to begin with.

Joe Walsh is so cool, he brought an added dimension to The Eagles, in that no matter how much you would like to knock that band, you could never argue with the rock edge he brought to the table and the enduring appeal of the songs he did with them.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 12, 2013 00:22

stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity

Yes, absolutely! A man for all eras and seasons. He's one of those people who just embody everything that rock n roll is supposed to be about. And unlike one of the posters above, I can totally see why he would seek to collaborate with Mick. Coming up as he did with The James Gang in the early 70s, The Stones were in all likelihood a main source of inspiration to play music to begin with.

Joe Walsh is so cool, he brought an added dimension to The Eagles, in that no matter how much you would like to knock that band, you could never argue with the rock edge he brought to the table and the enduring appeal of the songs he did with them.

Why would anybody knock that band? Senseless...

Date: March 12, 2013 00:28

Munichhilton
stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity

It has nothing to do with sense, it is just what peole do around here, or havent you been paying attention?

Date: March 12, 2013 00:30

stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity

Right on man, you make great points.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 12, 2013 01:43

stonehearted
Creating is like dreaming when you are awake

Beautiful

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2013 02:55

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity

It has nothing to do with sense, it is just what peole do around here, or havent you been paying attention?

I was told in an interview BV held with me on my first day here that it was acceptable to bash bands you hated, as long as it was in a thread marked O/T.

I'm not speaking for anyone else but I'm just trying to fit in.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 12, 2013 17:41

I recently wondered why Keith never tried to get the Stones together in his famous "Room called L" in Connecticut for rehearsals. He could then proceed to record such sessions with his one-mic-against-the-wall setup, which could make for a kind of "Exile in Connecticut" sound. If Jagger doesn't like the Idea, he could even dub his vocals elsewhere since he seems to be occupied otherwise. And if they keep Don Was out of it, we maybe get a decent Stones Record after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 18:33 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 12, 2013 18:38

bye bye johnny
gotdablouse
Is that Bill Withers on the left in the big pic? He's not on the mixing desk notes though, odd.

That's Keb Mo.

Joe Walsh posted a picture with Bill Withers later that same day.

“Just The Two Of Us!” Honor to have Bill Withers in the studio.

[twitter.com]

Tal's hair looks like extensions on Joe's - nice optical illusion.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 12, 2013 18:41

Bill Withers also sang "Use Me" - later covered by Mick on Wandering Spirit.

Joe and Mick - "Still Life's Been Good"

Ringo and Mick - Medley of "You're Sixteen/So Young"

Dr. John and Mick - "Right Place, Wrong Time Waits For No One"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 12, 2013 18:54

It seems glaringly obvious that Mick has no desire to "work" with the Stones (Keith) again, probably no desire to be in the same room with keith. He will cooperate for a minimal tour, because he is enough of a businessman to swallow his pride and do so. But the idea of him going into the studio with Keith, the idea of the two of them working together, is a fantasy. This is the kind of stuff Mick wants to do, not work with Keith or the other Stones. That ship has sailed. A few more megabucks shows and that's it for our boys.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 12, 2013 19:11

Sad but obvious conclusion at this point...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 12, 2013 20:36

Rokyfan
It seems glaringly obvious that Mick has no desire to "work" with the Stones (Keith) again, probably no desire to be in the same room with keith. He will cooperate for a minimal tour, because he is enough of a businessman to swallow his pride and do so. But the idea of him going into the studio with Keith, the idea of the two of them working together, is a fantasy. This is the kind of stuff Mick wants to do, not work with Keith or the other Stones. That ship has sailed. A few more megabucks shows and that's it for our boys.
The Stones recorded 2 songs together only 7 months ago and now it's "glaringly obvious" that Mick can't work with Keith anymore. Really? Based on what, this photograph? For all we know, Mick was in the studio for one or two days working with Joe Walsh. But no, let's get real personal without knowing them personally and declare that it's glaringly obvious that the Mick can't work with Keith anymore. Great.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 12, 2013 21:30

GumbootCloggeroo
Rokyfan
The Stones recorded 2 songs together only 7 months ago and now it's "glaringly obvious" that Mick can't work with Keith anymore. Really? Based on what, this photograph? For all we know, Mick was in the studio for one or two days working with Joe Walsh. But no, let's get real personal without knowing them personally and declare that it's glaringly obvious that the Mick can't work with Keith anymore. Great.

He was also working with Don Was, maybe working on some Stones stuff as well, the story doesn't tell. Maybe there will be some Stones material soon.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 12, 2013 21:32

GumbootCloggeroo
Rokyfan

My take on this is that all four of the lads known as The Rolling Stones,get on fine.

All familys have their dissagreements and The Stones 'family' is no differant.
It is also a multi million dollar business and they obviously know that.

They probably get on great when rehearsing.That's in a studio,same as making an album.
This thing about Mick and Keef not being able to work together is a load of old b****cks spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home