Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger in studio with Joe Walsh
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:27

I dont know if the Stones are going to be recording anytime soon, but Mick had a great time rehearsing and doing the shows with the band. It's not just business.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:36

TeddyB1018
I dont know if the Stones are going to be recording anytime soon, but Mick had a great time rehearsing and doing the shows with the band. It's not just business.

He told you that? That no good sunuva...he told me it was really quite a chore and I believed him!?

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: March 13, 2013 02:05

In my opinion is this the best Trak of Joe Walsh and i like it, that
Mick is doing something with him together ... smiling smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 13, 2013 06:16

Munichhilton
TeddyB1018

He told you that? That no good sunuva...he told me it was really quite a chore and I believed him!?

Yes, he did, the old charlatan. He also asked what I thought of Mick Taylor's physical appearance.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 13, 2013 08:51

TeddyB1018
Munichhilton
TeddyB1018

Yes, he did, the old charlatan. He also asked what I thought of Mick Taylor's physical appearance.
Too much is being made by Mick's guesting here. At the most it took a few days to add his bit. This is not a slight to The Stones, Mick does stuff, he's fun.. Please tell him that Mick Taylor looked like a guitar angel and being fat is not a sin... Many great guitarists are fatties.... But he's got to lose the scarves..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 13, 2013 11:02

Don't know why such a fuss being made about this - all the evidence says this is a guest spot on someone else's project. It will be interesting to hear the results - especially as Mick is reported to play harp as well as sing - but Keith does this kind of thing a lot and nobody panics.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 13, 2013 13:34

Any project from RS, as a group or as solo artists, shoul be wellcome.
The last thing we had was the Superheavy thing and Ronnie's albums............ and the contributions of keith and Mick with other artists.........
I really miss more new stuff from this people. I don't mind if is as Rolling Stones or if it is a solo stuff. They should keep on rocking with any kind of stuff

Date: March 13, 2013 13:40

Green Lady
Don't know why such a fuss being made about this - all the evidence says this is a guest spot on someone else's project. It will be interesting to hear the results - especially as Mick is reported to play harp as well as sing - but Keith does this kind of thing a lot and nobody panics.

+1

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 13, 2013 13:58

Joe Walsh is playing selected dates with Bob Seger on Seger's tour this spring. I'm going to the show in Brooklyn. It will be interesting to hear the set list; wonder how many JW songs will be played.

Date: March 13, 2013 15:38

TeddyB1018
Munichhilton
TeddyB1018

You two clearly have a better relationship then he and I do...ours is much more artificial. He needs me and I put up with him. Keep him motivated Teddy...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2013 16:03

Munichhilton
TeddyB1018
Munichhilton
TeddyB1018

You two clearly have a better relationship then he and I do...ours is much more artificial. He needs me and I put up with him. Keep him motivated Teddy...

He'za Boss. He'z go the pants on.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 13, 2013 18:18

steverogan
Joe Walsh is playing selected dates with Bob Seger on Seger's tour this spring. I'm going to the show in Brooklyn. It will be interesting to hear the set list; wonder how many JW songs will be played.
Is he playing with Seger or opening for him?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 13, 2013 18:48

sweetcharmedlife
steverogan

According to Bob's website Joe is opening:

[www.bobseger.com]

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 13, 2013 19:56

bleedingman
sweetcharmedlife
steverogan

[www.bobseger.com]
It's a good question. You're right.. the site does say JW is opening for Seger.I did not know that.Thanks for the "heads up". I guess we'll need to wait for the show to know for sure. I gotta believe that, at the very least, they do one or two songs together.

Date: March 13, 2013 21:37

bleedingman
sweetcharmedlife
steverogan

[www.bobseger.com]
That's what I thought.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 13, 2013 21:58

Green Lady

No panic, just a buzz.

Guess that involving Mick in other music projects creates this buzz - with Keith not really.

Date: March 13, 2013 22:16

uhbuhgullayew
Green Lady

No panic, just a buzz.

Guess that involving Mick in other music projects creates this buzz - with Keith not really.

Are you kidding? Keith's project with Neville didn't go by unnoticed! Just almost unnoticed and its not the same thing buddy...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 13, 2013 23:54

uhbuhgullayew
Green Lady

No panic, just a buzz.

I think it's because in the case of Keith, his guests spots are merely as musical support. He is not involved in the songwriting activity of projects when putting in guest appearances. In the case of Mick, he is. The above tweet from Tal Wilkenfeld reveals that she has written a song with Mick, Bill Withers, Keb Mo, and Joe Walsh, so there is more to his involvement than just singing and harp support.

This means that since ABB was written around 2004, Mick has chosen other collaborators for songwriting in the 9 or so years since. Dave Stewart for the Alfie project, Superheavy, and now this Joe Walsh project. You could hardly call DaG and OMS collaborations, but either way you look at it, Mick has only recorded one new song he has written as a Rolling Stone over 8 or 9 years.

Further cause for concern is the fact that, in terms of new songs Jagger has released since 2002, his songwriting output seems to have slowed dramatically in the last decade, and so any songwriting activity done outside The Stones makes a new Stones album seem less and less likely as we move forward.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 14, 2013 11:53

Five people writing one song is hard to imagine.
Dunno whether it would be harder or easier than writing on your own or with a music partner
All depends on the individuals input I guess,but they seemed to have it all done and dusted within a day. winking smiley

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 14, 2013 18:03

I am surprised at how negative some of you are about this!

This is a great line up. I can't wait to hear Mick and Bill Withers...two of my all time favorites!!

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 14, 2013 18:26

I think it's safe to say if the Stones aren't in the studio it's not because of Mick Jagger. It's clear he wants to keep busy.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 14, 2013 18:37

andrewt
I think it's safe to say if the Stones aren't in the studio it's not because of Mick Jagger. It's clear he wants to keep busy.

I agree. thumbs up
Mick likes to keep busy and all this crap about not getting on with Keef is unfounded and highly unlikely.Wouldn't stop The Stones being in the same studio anyway. It was only back in December they were getting on great at the live shows.Piccys I saw ,they looked very happy.Maybe thinking of the big bucks they were making,but happy none the less. winking smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 14, 2013 19:00

andrewt

Oh, he wasnts to keep busy alright and it's clear he likes being in the recording studio and working with musicians, just not the Stones. He is so clearly done with that, from a creative point of view. He will hold his nose and put on a great front for the money, but that's it.

Date: March 14, 2013 19:38

andrewt
The Stones aren't in the studio,because they don't have any material to record.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 14, 2013 19:45

sweetcharmedlife
andrewt
The Stones aren't in the studio,because they don't have any material to record.eye rolling smiley

Chuck's got a few songs they could work out...

Date: March 14, 2013 20:40

Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
andrewt

Maybe they can tour in support of Chuck's next record.

Date: March 14, 2013 21:14

sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
andrewt

Maybe they can tour in support of Chuck's next record.

This is what the crystal ball shows...last tour was in support of Jagger...next tour belongs to Chuck.

Hey when is Lisa Fischer's new CD coming out...how about a 2fer

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:49

stonehearted
uhbuhgullayew
Green Lady

No panic, just a buzz.

I think it's because in the case of Keith, his guests spots are merely as musical support. He is not involved in the songwriting activity of projects when putting in guest appearances. In the case of Mick, he is. The above tweet from Tal Wilkenfeld reveals that she has written a song with Mick, Bill Withers, Keb Mo, and Joe Walsh, so there is more to his involvement than just singing and harp support.

This means that since ABB was written around 2004, Mick has chosen other collaborators for songwriting in the 9 or so years since. Dave Stewart for the Alfie project, Superheavy, and now this Joe Walsh project. You could hardly call DaG and OMS collaborations, but either way you look at it, Mick has only recorded one new song he has written as a Rolling Stone over 8 or 9 years.

Further cause for concern is the fact that, in terms of new songs Jagger has released since 2002, his songwriting output seems to have slowed dramatically in the last decade, and so any songwriting activity done outside The Stones makes a new Stones album seem less and less likely as we move forward.

...Tal Wilkenfeld reveals that she has written a song with Mick, Bill Withers, Keb Mo, and Joe Walsh..

It seems people at iorr hardly notice this news...
And I agree a new Stones album is very unlikely. Just reahearsals this time and maybe later this year something from the vaults.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 15, 2013 00:35

Pie1
Saw a couple of tweets from bassist Tal Wilkenfeld .

Never heard of her, but after looking her up on the interweb I find that I want to know more.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:37

andrewt

Agreed he wants to keep busy...I'm just not sure the stones are his creative vehicle and haven't been for some time.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home