Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Mick in the studio ? (non-Stones)
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2013 20:42

Dreamer
"No Negative things about our little friend allowed eh ??"

If that was my concern it would take me 100 hours a week on this forum only!
And since you are probably more satisfied with gossip: I'm his boyfriend!
eye rolling smiley

No, i am not into gossip.It seems like you cant take any critism about the band and Jagger in particular.

The Stones are not always that good, and Jagger, well.....

Just have an open mind, and receive critism like a man. . I have a differnet view than you have. and thats ok. But just dont say everything the Stones, or jagger do is 100 procent okay.
Okay

jeroen

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2013 20:43

bye bye johnny
From Tal Wilkenfeld:

Thursdays in the office are usually pretty mellow. Like today... when I wrote a song with Bill Withers, Mick Jagger, Keb Mo & Joe Walsh. LOL

[twitter.com]

Unless Ringo's singing, I'll pass.

Re: Mick Jagger in studio with Joe Walsh
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:05

I saw Ringo's All Starr Band at the Universal Amphitheater a few tours back, and for the encore Joe Walsh joined the band (first appearance that night) for SWEET 16. Ringo said to Joe midway through the song, "See, you remembered the song," and Joe looked embarrassed. Obviously Ringo had earlier invited him for that encore, and to get out of it Joe said, "I don't remember the song." But I'm glad Ringo got him out there because it was great to see him.

Date: March 10, 2013 21:07

No need for speculations and over-analyzing, as Mick is only guesting on Joe´s project here grinning smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:22

corriecas
Dreamer

eye rolling smiley

No, i am not into gossip.It seems like you cant take any critism about the band and Jagger in particular.

Just have an open mind, and receive critism like a man. . I have a differnet view than you have. and thats ok. But just dont say everything the Stones, or jagger do is 100 procent okay.
Okay

jeroen

Remarkable. One other guy keeps stalking me on IORR because he claims I have nothing but criticism and really thinks I hate them.
In comes corriecas who says MJ 'sure aint no blues man' and just "wants too boost his ego", says "they have zillions of songs that they can dig up from the vaults", claims to know better than Mr. Walsh who to select to contribute to his album....but at the same time corriecas claims he's "not into gossip" and I should have an open mind...

Somehow you missed the boat.
Good night!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:37

It's sessions like this with Mick and Joe that keep the music we love alive. In part thanks to Rolling Stones "classic" rock seems to be still immensely popular. Now if some of these legends can make legendary music again I'm all aboard. At the time I thought this generation's last hurrah was around 25 years ago when Paul Simon released Graceland but somehow many of them are still here, working. Mac working with Nirvana, it's all cool, hopefully someone will do something spectacular.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:49

DoomandGloom
It's sessions like this with Mick and Joe that keep the music we love alive. In part thanks to Rolling Stones "classic" rock seems to be still immensely popular. Now if some of these legends can make legendary music again I'm all aboard. At the time I thought this generation's last hurrah was around 25 years ago when Paul Simon released Graceland but somehow many of them are still here, working. Mac working with Nirvana, it's all cool, hopefully someone will do something spectacular.

Ahh Graceland - maybe the greatest album ever made. More optimistically, I saw it as a "new hurrah" than a "last hurrah" - a sign that boomer musicians, all musicians, can stray off their chosen rock 'n' roll path and collaborate on cool stuff with weird cats in strange countries. Not that they weren't doing it before, but now than they can make a billion dollars and win Grammys. Sadly, for Mick, it led to Superheavy. But at least he tried and had fun doing it.

Dreamer
corriecas
Dreamer

eye rolling smiley

Okay

jeroen

Remarkable. One other guy keeps stalking me on IORR because he claims I have nothing but criticism and really thinks I hate them.
In comes corriecas who says MJ 'sure aint no blues man' and just "wants too boost his ego", says "they have zillions of songs that they can dig up from the vaults", claims to know better than Mr. Walsh who to select to contribute to his album....but at the same time corriecas claims he's "not into gossip" and I should have an open mind...

Somehow you missed the boat.
Good night!

I dont have a boat and so i dont miss it.
And i dont wish you a good nite

jeroen

Mick Jagger in Studio with Ringo Starr. Does this mean.....
Posted by: BlackHat ()

That he is going to tour as part of the All Star Band? Tickets would sell very fast.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 10, 2013 22:12

- Hmmm....

Date: March 10, 2013 22:17

E 15- or e 20.
Cheaper than Stones Tickets

jeroen

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 10, 2013 22:49

corriecas
Dreamer
stonehearted
corriecas
No Superheavy part 2 Please Mick !!!!!!!!

Just Focus on the London Shows ,yeah....

jeroen

He is focusing on The Stones--as a performing entity. But for new directions and creative challenges, he is obviously in favor of looking elsewhere. He is more effective creatively when he can bounce his ideas off of others, and in The Stones that is no longer possible.

Good observations again stonehearted. You are one of the few who understand something about what he's doing.
smiling smiley

Yeah, i dont agree.
Jagger could work on songs with Charlie and Ronnie. and.. they have zillions of songs that they can dig up from the vaults.
Jagger apparently wants too boost his ego, but he sure aint no blues man. If Joe walsh wants a bluesman.he should ask BB, or Buddy guy.

Jeroen

Charlie is a drummer, not a songwriter, and Ronnie, well, he may have had input on the song It's Only Rock and Roll, but Woody and Mick don't really have that sort of chemistry. If there is anyone Mick should be working on songs with in The Stones it's Keith. But for various reasons, Mick has only a guarded, strictly working relationship with Keith these days, and this type of atmosphere does not lend itself to moments of shared artistic inspiration. Keith's "tiny todger" comment, and his memoir as a whole, may have been viewed by Mick as unprofessional as well as personally offensive, not to mention very un-English.

Their best material was the direct result of Mick and Keith pooling their ideas together--first a riff by Keith with the basic blueprint of a song and maybe a couple of lines and then the lyrics and structuring of verses by Mick. But instead, what you get now is either a Mick song or a Keith song in the form of an already completed demo, with the other band members adding their flourishes as instructed. Songwriting in The Stones now is compartmentalized, rather than integrated, and the integrated approach was what created all those classic songs we now call warhorses.

Mick still needs a collaborator, or even several. Speaking of the vaults, Plundered My Soul turned out so well because he collaborated with Mick Taylor. Jagger has said how easy it is for him to write against Taylor's melodic guitar lines. If Taylor becomes more regularly involved with The Stones, and if Mick decides to write with him, we could see a more melodic, classic approach to their songwriting, with perhaps an album reminiscent of Sticky Fingers, if Plundered My Soul is any indication of what they can come up with.

And what's wrong with Mick Jagger teaming up with Joe Walsh? As a vocalist, Mick along with The Stones wrote the book on blues rock before anyone else. Joe Walsh could provide a certain edge that always seems to be lacking in his solo work. You would think that Mick would be teaming up with Keith, but after 8 years Mick is apparently making no effort to follow up A Bigger Bang, an album that was said to have been the result of Mick and Keith writing together. But for that, they would have to be in the same room together exchanging ideas, hanging out if you will. But, ironically, a book titled Life seems to have caused the death of a friendship and creative partnership, leaving only the tentative distance of a tolerated working relationship in its place.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: March 10, 2013 23:14

stonehearted
corriecas
Dreamer
stonehearted
corriecas

jeroen

He is focusing on The Stones--as a performing entity. But for new directions and creative challenges, he is obviously in favor of looking elsewhere. He is more effective creatively when he can bounce his ideas off of others, and in The Stones that is no longer possible.

Good observations again stonehearted. You are one of the few who understand something about what he's doing.
smiling smiley

Yeah, i dont agree.
Jagger could work on songs with Charlie and Ronnie. and.. they have zillions of songs that they can dig up from the vaults.
Jagger apparently wants too boost his ego, but he sure aint no blues man. If Joe walsh wants a bluesman.he should ask BB, or Buddy guy.

Jeroen

Charlie is a drummer, not a songwriter, and Ronnie, well, he may have had input on the song It's Only Rock and Roll, but Woody and Mick don't really have that sort of chemistry. If there is anyone Mick should be working on songs with in The Stones it's Keith. But for various reasons, Mick has only a guarded, strictly working relationship with Keith these days, and this type of atmosphere does not lend itself to moments of shared artistic inspiration. Keith's "tiny todger" comment, and his memoir as a whole, may have been viewed by Mick as unprofessional as well as personally offensive, not to mention very un-English.

Their best material was the direct result of Mick and Keith pooling their ideas together--first a riff by Keith with the basic blueprint of a song and maybe a couple of lines and then the lyrics and structuring of verses by Mick. But instead, what you get now is either a Mick song or a Keith song in the form of an already completed demo, with the other band members adding their flourishes as instructed. Songwriting in The Stones now is compartmentalized, rather than integrated, and the integrated approach was what created all those classic songs we now call warhorses.

Mick still needs a collaborator, or even several. Speaking of the vaults, Plundered My Soul turned out so well because he collaborated with Mick Taylor. Jagger has said how easy it is for him to write against Taylor's melodic guitar lines. If Taylor becomes more regularly involved with The Stones, and if Mick decides to write with him, we could see a more melodic, classic approach to their songwriting, with perhaps an album reminiscent of Sticky Fingers, if Plundered My Soul is any indication of what they can come up with.

And what's wrong with Mick Jagger teaming up with Joe Walsh? As a vocalist, Mick along with The Stones wrote the book on blues rock before anyone else. Joe Walsh could provide a certain edge that always seems to be lacking in his solo work. You would think that Mick would be teaming up with Keith, but after 8 years Mick is apparently making no effort to follow up A Bigger Bang, an album that was said to have been the result of Mick and Keith writing together. But for that, they would have to be in the same room together exchanging ideas, hanging out if you will. But, ironically, a book titled Life seems to have caused the death of a friendship and creative partnership, leaving only the tentative distance of a tolerated working relationship in its place.

This is such a romantic idea of them writing together. But they have not done that for the most of their songs since the early 70ies. Even some of what you call their biggest warhorses have not been written together.
ABB turned out to be boring while I find Doom and Gloom VERY good.

When Keith makes guest appearances on other albums has anybody ever been angry that he does not team up with Mick instead?
But when Mick dares to do something outside the Stones there is always a big fuss.

Date: March 10, 2013 23:19

Nothing wrong with how you analyse things stonehearted.

Date: March 10, 2013 23:28

elunsi
stonehearted
corriecas
Dreamer
stonehearted
corriecas

jeroen

smiling smiley

Yeah, i dont agree.

Jeroen

This is such a romantic idea of them writing together. But they have not done that for the most of their songs since the early 70ies. Even some of what you call their biggest warhorses have not been written together.
ABB turned out to be boring while I find Doom and Gloom VERY good.

When Keith makes guest appearances on other albums has anybody ever been angry that he does not team up with Mick instead?
But when Mick dares to do something outside the Stones there is always a big fuss.

And it was in the early 70s that the respective social lives of Mick and Keith became less compatible, but they remained good friends and the sum of what they produced together was still greater than the parts, whereas now there is just the parts.

Regarding Keith making guest appearances on the albums of other artists, they are simply guest appearances, where he is merely lending a guitar sound, whereas Mick working outside The Stones involves creative songwriting energy that might be better directed toward The Stones. But Mick well knows that The Stones are not an integrated creative unit anymore.

Date: March 10, 2013 23:29

Jagger has stated in many interviews he has bounced off song ideas with Charlie. i dont say Charlie writes songs, he is a sparring partner for Mick j.

Well, if you find Doom and Gloom very good, thats ok. Your opinion.

I think its shite, like One More Shit.

If jagger wants to have fun with other people, thats ok too. Maybe it inspires him to write some GOOD Stones songs.

Anyway, i said if Joe Walsh wants good blues , he should go to the roots, like BB and Buddy Guy , and not ask Jagger.

Jaggers voice is not what it used to be anyhow. My idea of the Blues is not Jagger, but the real stuff. Does not mean i think Jagger is not a great performer, but he does not have the FEELING for the blues.

Otis redding is not a blues singer, but when he sang, he sang with FEELING and EMOTION. Jagger does not have that.

Just listen to dag and oms.

Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2013 00:24

Is that Bill Withers on the left in the big pic? He's not on the mixing desk notes though, odd.

Date: March 11, 2013 00:34

gotdablouse
Is that Bill Withers on the left in the big pic? He's not on the mixing desk notes though, odd.

That's another reason why Mick would want to be working with this group of artists--he covered a Bill Withers song on his Wandering Spirit album.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 11, 2013 00:52

gotdablouse

That's Keb Mo.

Joe Walsh posted a picture with Bill Withers later that same day.

“Just The Two Of Us!” Honor to have Bill Withers in the studio.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 11, 2013 02:30

bye bye johnny
CousinC
So who's the one in the back on the big Jagger/Walsh photo?

Keyboardist Mike Finnigan.

Wow there's some heavy talent at this session.
This album could end up being great.

Date: March 11, 2013 03:07

Dreamer

Nothing wrong with how you analyse things stonehearted.

Thank you for saying, Dreamer, it is much appreciated! We seem to understand creative-minded people, don't we?smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2013 03:18

I'm working as a creative so maybe that's got something to do with it smiling smiley
(What's your line of work?)
But I think what's really valuable about your comments is that it's not so much an opinion or a view but I can taste you gave things more than a serious thought...you took your time to analyse and you leave the possibility open for others to add what they think is important. I like that a lot because I believe that's what a (this) forum is about...

Date: March 11, 2013 03:32

Dreamer
I'm working as a creative so maybe that's got something to do with it smiling smiley
(What's your line of work?)
But I think what's really valuable about your comments is that it's not so much an opinion or a view but I can taste you gave things more than a serious thought...you took your time to analyse and you leave the possibility open for others to add what they think is important. I like that a lot because I believe that's what a (this) forum is about...

That's quite right. As a result of this forum, I think things through more in-depth and more analytically than I otherwise would, and the feedback of others--whether positive or negative--always stimulates further thought.

By trade I work as an editorial freelancer. But I understand the creative type as well, because I am one. I have published poetry in small literary magazines and I also write songs and play guitar, though I having nothing as yet published in that area. Good luck on your creative endeavors, Dreamer. We create not because we wish to, but because we must!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 07:22

If Mick ever adopts a rap name it should be "Black Sneakers."

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 11, 2013 08:01

This will be the future for the 60ies-oldtimers...those who still care for music will meet up and do just something, conserts or records...what band they were in will mean less....I love to watch Ringo and Jagger in the same band....thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 11, 2013 08:49

corriecas
Dreamer
stonehearted
corriecas

jeroen

smiling smiley

Yeah, i dont agree.

Jeroen

since when do the Stones have 'zillions' of songs to dig up? Interested to hear the names.

Date: March 11, 2013 09:46

I'm looking forward to hearing the results of these recordings. Joe is a great guitar player, and he has gathered some fine musicians here for sure.

It's good that Mick keeps his chops hot. Later this year, he'll impress us once again thumbs up

Date: March 11, 2013 10:02

Same here!

I wonder if that means the Stones will be rehearsing in LA for their upcoming tour...with Mick already on location. Come back to Bondy guys!

Date: March 11, 2013 10:08

Seemingly, there will be way more shows in the US than in Europe this time?

Date: March 11, 2013 10:14

Sure, but does it really matter where they rehearse? One thing is certain it won't be in the UK for tax reasons!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home