Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: March 20, 2013 18:28

Mr Jimmy
GADAWG
Obviously very few if any business majors posting here.

I like the math in a few posts. My company grossed $600 million last year. We have 2000 employees. Why doesn’t each employee make $300,000?

Light up and rock on dudes>>>>

I get what you're saying, but my question was, do AEG guarantee / offer Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie the $80million, so it's literally $20m for each Stone, or do they just guarantee them $80m in total revenue from ticket sales, merch, sponsorship etc..., and so all costs come out of the $80m, so the $80m is the gross revenue from the tour.

I would bet in this business climate, the gaurantee is $80 Mil for Rolling Stones Inc as it were. Out of that they cover all band saleries a good portion of production expenses etc...

Don't forget the txes and taxes on taxes...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-20 18:30 by GADAWG.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 20, 2013 18:50

tommyquinn
Angee,
I'd have no problem paying $500+ if we ended up in the same section/rows we did at the PPV show---couldn't be any closer without being in the pit.....
If that area is good enough for Bruce and Johnny Depp, it's good enough for me. (Section 11, closest to the stage- supposed to be obstructed/rear view, but other than not seeing the screen all the time, very good sightlines.) Maybe the sound is better out front and center, but I like being on the side and seeing the stuff that goes on behind the amps and in the areas that most people can't see....kinda like you are backstage.)

TommyQ, good point! I always like the sides above anything other than the first few rows.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 20, 2013 19:14

angee
tommyquinn
Angee,
I'd have no problem paying $500+ if we ended up in the same section/rows we did at the PPV show---couldn't be any closer without being in the pit.....
If that area is good enough for Bruce and Johnny Depp, it's good enough for me. (Section 11, closest to the stage- supposed to be obstructed/rear view, but other than not seeing the screen all the time, very good sightlines.) Maybe the sound is better out front and center, but I like being on the side and seeing the stuff that goes on behind the amps and in the areas that most people can't see....kinda like you are backstage.)

TommyQ, good point! I always like the sides above anything other than the first few rows.

Hear hear! The so-called 'restricted view' is one of the best in the house.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 20, 2013 19:42

Interesting to here Charlie on Radio 2 this afternoon saying that he didn't want to do Glastonbury but the other 3 did !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 20, 2013 19:52

When we're talking about the money, it's not just the ticket price - don't forget about the merchandising. Some people spend as much on a bag full of $40 t-shirts (that cost $5 to make) with tongues on them as they do on their tickets.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 20, 2013 20:11

hey do not worry stones will be playing live my only hope they come with new set list or else stay at home put on BIIGGER BANG DVD OR LICK DVD without paying a dime.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE,they will be rocking soon.
LET IT ROCK

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: March 20, 2013 20:12

...just called AEG...nothing yet on when official announcement will be.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 20, 2013 21:30

AEG Live Grabs Stones

12:12 PM Wednesday 3/20/13

The Rolling Stones will mount an 18-show arena tour in May and June with AEG Live at the promoter helm, sources told Pollstar shortly after the deal was sealed. The exact routing is still being confirmed but an announcement is expected in early April.

AEG Live takes the reins of the long-rumored tour from Virgin Live, a joint venture formed between Australia’s Paul Dainty and Virgin Group’s Richard Branson last fall to produce and promote the band’s 50th anniversary run.

Though the Virgin Live venture successfully did the Stones’ brief November and December tour, it appears plans – and likely financing – to remain on board for a more traditional tour fell short.

Enter AEG Live, which also bid on the earlier tour. It’s not known what kind of financial deal was struck, but it was struck quickly – one source told Pollstar the call from the Stones’ camp came early March 19, and the agreement between the parties came together before anyone had time to call out for lunch.

If so, it makes a bold statement that it’s business as usual for AEG Live, less than one week after the announcement that parent Anschutz Entertainment Group is off the market and former president/CEO Tim Leiweke had resigned. And with the speed the tour was agreed to, how nimbly it can move when a re-engaged Phil Anschutz is needed to cut a check.

Dates are still being locked down, but Mick and the boys made it known they are interested in no more than an 18-show, two-month outing, which will happen in May and June. The number of cities isn’t confirmed, other than they will be major markets and the 18 shows will include multiple-night stands.

It isn’t the first time, of course, The Rolling Stones have switched up promoters between tours, regardless of history. Michael Cohl worked closely with the band for years after winning a promotion deal that the late Bill Graham expected to continue.

And though it’s not known if Cohl was in the running for the 50th anniversary shows, his separation from Live Nation in 2008 included a provision that his non-compete would not preclude the Canadian promoter and Broadway impresario from making a bid.

Where this leaves Virgin Live isn’t clear. Dainty, who with Branson formed Virgin Live and continues to run Dainty Corp. from Melbourne, Australia, wasn’t immediately available to comment.

"There will be a lot more to say about Virgin Live soon but, for now, it’s all about the Stones … ,” Dainty teased in October when the partnership and initial Stones dates were announced, adding that a global force was in the works.

- Deborah Speer

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:12

Mick knows just what he is doing...making Virgin do all the work and logistics but not quite sealing the deal with them....giving AEG ( or someone else ) a chance to come in and sweeten the deal -$$$$$. Just my guess.

Undercover1

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:16

Well, there you go...
Some real news on PAGE 31!

If you've got an AEG venue in your town...
Get READY!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:31

Can anyone provide a list of US cities with AEG venues ?

sc uk

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:35

andrea66
i always wondered how many people worldwide paid to watch the newark show. any idea?

I dunno, but I know I was pissed off I had to pay $50 to watch it when I was actually at the show - you would have thought they would have given a free download to ticketholders for that actual show........... but no - I had to pony up another $50!

Date: March 20, 2013 22:37

straycatuk

[aegworldwide.com]

Date: March 20, 2013 22:38

angee
tommyquinn
Angee,

I agree Angee, that's were I was for both Newark shows and it was awesome! I got to watch the screen on TV after I paid $50 for the pay per view!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:45

bye bye johnny
straycatuk

[aegworldwide.com]

Thanks ............interesting.

sc uk

Date: March 20, 2013 22:48

bye bye johnny
straycatuk

[aegworldwide.com]

Yes! They have the Oracle Arena in San Francisco! That's where I'm hoping for a couple of shows

Date: March 20, 2013 22:59

AEG may have landed the deal, but wouldn't assume that all shows will be in AEG venues.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 20, 2013 23:12

AEG? Ahoy Rotterdam, O2 Berlin/Hamburg - just in front of my doorstep. Keith, here I come!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 20, 2013 23:58

Pittsburgh, PA is an AEG building, but a third tier market.
However, the building is only 3 yrs old and have already hosted, The Who, McCartney, Roger Waters, Springsteen & Madonna. Stones would be a nice show for them to add to their roster.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 21, 2013 00:02

bye bye johnny
AEG may have landed the deal, but wouldn't assume that all shows will be in AEG venues.

True. They played Barclays and that's on AEG's list so...
The venues are not relevant. The Stones had a plan and it's now up to AEG to work out that plan with the 18 shows that are in schedule.
It's a pity the deal with Dainty / Virgin Live was cancelled; it was going to be announced last weekend.
On the other hand; maybe some extras will now come in focus...

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 21, 2013 00:13

You think the change from Virgin to AEG will affect Hyde Park or Glastonbury? Someone predicted an announcement which didn't take place...bad signs?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: March 21, 2013 00:30

gotdablouse
paulywaul
gotdablouse
Wow, that's pretty scary, hard to see how prices could be in the $50/$400 range with a guarantee like that, essentially the same per show as for the 50th.

Yup !!

Gulp !! confused smiley

So what's that big tour Branson was going to be tweeting about ? ;-)

Maybe not. Maybe something is coming that is just that little big bigger. winking smiley

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: March 21, 2013 00:56

Enough already! Screw hyde park. All the money is in the Americas. Besides Hyde is dead and I'll bet Jeckle is too!

drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-21 04:08 by GADAWG.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 21, 2013 01:00

Karlos123
You think the change from Virgin to AEG will affect Hyde Park or Glastonbury? Someone predicted an announcement which didn't take place...bad signs?

I had signals they would announce. That was not difficult to predict. Everything pointed at last weekend because the 18 shows two month tour was supposed to start in May,
No, no bad signs. Other signs. Nothing changed for G'bury or Hyde Park.
Maybe some other/new shows at other/new locations because of the change.

Someone said "Mick knows just what he is doing...making Virgin do all the work and logistics but not quite sealing the deal with them....giving AEG ( or someone else ) a chance to come in and sweeten the deal"

But the same reality is this: AEG will go for something extra because one big party fell out which means the Stones cannot afford to loose AEG as well.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 21, 2013 01:08

grinning smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 21, 2013 08:46

As long as the Gorilla doesn't have news neither on Twitter nor on Facebook or www.rs.com there is no tour.

Date: March 21, 2013 11:16

kish_stoned
hey do not worry stones will be playing live my only hope they come with new set list or else stay at home put on BIIGGER BANG DVD OR LICK DVD without paying a dime.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE,they will be rocking soon.
LET IT ROCK

WHAT was wrong with the last set lists?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 21, 2013 12:29

And as I said - Jagger wants this all done and dusted PRIOR to his 70th birthday.

I know, I know......he's in excellent shape. BUT, does our Peter Pan really want to read headlines about an aging, 70-year-old, once sex-symbol, once-rebel,etc. thrown in his face?

No, he doesn't.

As for Glasto and Hyde Park.......I'd bet on Hyde Park. And for Glasto, I'll just say "perhaps".

When will they announce it? It could be any minute now that the paper work seems to be locked up.

Or, to quote BV......"SOON"! How soon? I'd say not before the Ronnie gig at Ambassadors. So.......early April!! grinning smiley (And no, not on April Fool's day!) I'm looking forward to the first week in April!! tongue sticking out smiley April 4th or 5th perhaps?

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-21 12:37 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2013 12:57

Dreamer
Karlos123

I had signals they would announce. That was not difficult to predict. Everything pointed at last weekend because the 18 shows two month tour was supposed to start in May,
No, no bad signs. Other signs. Nothing changed for G'bury or Hyde Park.
Maybe some other/new shows at other/new locations because of the change.

Someone said "Mick knows just what he is doing...making Virgin do all the work and logistics but not quite sealing the deal with them....giving AEG ( or someone else ) a chance to come in and sweeten the deal"

But the same reality is this: AEG will go for something extra because one big party fell out which means the Stones cannot afford to loose AEG as well.

How could they lose (not loose as in "Let in Loose" !) AEG if the deal's been agreed and signed on. Well I guess there is a get out clause but the Stones signed it because it worked for them.

Again, my guess is that the BSC concerts in Hyde Park where the sweetener that made AEG bite the bullet on the $80 Million. That's probably the guarantee the Stones wanted for that "mini-tour" and they'll play Hyde Park for AEG as part of the deal. It's good for their image, brings back sweet memories of 1969 and AEG can launch this new event in style, more so than if they only had friggin' Bon Jovi as the biggest act!

Actually someone had pointed out last week that it didn't make sense to have Branson/Dainty promote the US tour and the Stones playing "for" AEG at Hyde Park, now that's been fixed.

One thing I wonder though is why the Stones ask for guarantees when they could make more money by simply taking a cut, I remember that being the irony of the Bill Graham deal falling through in 1989, the guarantee was irrelevant...so that might mean it's a "minimum guarantee" rather than a "fixed amount".

As for Branson having something "bigger" to announce, not sure what could be bigger than the Stones touring? Unless John Lennon is no longer dead (to loosely quote George Harrison).

Date: March 21, 2013 13:31

Cocaine Eyes
And as I said - Jagger wants this all done and dusted PRIOR to his 70th birthday.

I know, I know......he's in excellent shape. BUT, does our Peter Pan really want to read headlines about an aging, 70-year-old, once sex-symbol, once-rebel,etc. thrown in his face?

No, he doesn't.

As for Glasto and Hyde Park.......I'd bet on Hyde Park. And for Glasto, I'll just say "perhaps".

When will they announce it? It could be any minute now that the paper work seems to be locked up.

Or, to quote BV......"SOON"! How soon? I'd say not before the Ronnie gig at Ambassadors.

So are you saying that Mick Jagger will never perform with the Stones once he turns 70?

The show at the Ambassadors is not Ronnie's. He's guesting with James McCartney for a song or two, not a reason to delay any Rolling Stones announcement.

Pollstar says that's expected in early April.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home