Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 25, 2013 18:34

24FPS
34 pages of nothing. Not one announcement of anything specific. Is this a record?

a countdown from and to indeterminate numbers or dates is a dubious thread. given that, i don't think we can officially assign this a record.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: March 25, 2013 19:02

Green Lady
It has been Received Wisdom on here for years that they ought to play in smaller venues, but of course part of this fantasy was that you, personally, would be one of the lucky few at front of stage inside those smaller venues. Now we are finding out that a smaller venue means that many of us will be excluded by the high price or limited availability of tickets.

Sometimes you get what you want - and find out that it isn't actually what you wanted.

Economics is sometimes like gravity.....

It's a Bitch!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 19:18

As Charlie might put it,
''Two pages of chit-chat and 33 of nothing''
''You can see that nothings going on''
''Quite boring realy'' winking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 25, 2013 21:12

24FPS
34 pages of nothing. Not one announcement of anything specific. Is this a record?

And when the announcement finally comes; 98 % of the posters won't go to the concerts anyway. Due to finance, location, work or whatever reason...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 25, 2013 21:27

Stoneage
24FPS

And when the announcement finally comes; 98 % of the posters won't go to the concerts anyway. Due to finance, location, work or whatever reason...

...but there will be another 34 page thread of them explaining exactly why they aren't going.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 25, 2013 22:24

Green Lady
Stoneage
24FPS

...but there will be another 34 page thread of them explaining exactly why they aren't going.

No there won't, it'll be a 50 page thread .......... one for every year of their existence to date, and still counting ................... !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 25, 2013 23:04

Rolling Stones Summer Concert Deal with $20 Mil Advance Took Only 45 Minutes

03/25/13 3:56pm Roger Friedman

The recent surprising news that the Rolling Stones’ 18 arena concerts in the US would be promoted by AEGLive took only 45 minutes to negotiate. As recently as two weeks ago, I told you that AEG would promote the Stones two shows in Hyde Park, London in July. But the 18 American dates, beginning in May in Vancouver, were going to be through Australian Paul Dainty fronting for Richard Branson’s Virgin Live. That pairing had taken care of the Stones’ five in November and December, at the o2 Arena, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and the Prudential Center in Newark.

Those dates had been a great success. The Stones got a $25 million advance, and sold out all the shows after charging astronomical prices for the tickets.

This time around. I am told, the Stones wanted at least a $20 million advance as well as a line of credit from which they could draw down as the dates progressed. Sources say they were waiting for Dainty/Branson to come through with a letter of credit showing they had the funds and were ready to go. But something happened–no one’s sure what. At the last minute, the AEG execs got a call from the Stones’ lawyer Joyce Smyth. The letter of credit was not coming through. Could AEG pick up the slack?

They say that it one phone call fromA AEG Live’s Randy Phillips to AEG owner Philip Anschutz. “The whole thing took a total of 45 minutes,” says a source. “Phil knows what it is to have the Stones.”

So far, 18 dates are booked but none yet in Madison Square Garden. That would be the likely last stop for the Stones in the US–and maybe their farewell forever show. Meantime, I am told that the bottom ticket prices will be lower than the ones from last fall. (They couldn’t be higher.) Nosebleed seating will have a lower price point. And with Lady Gaga off the circuit, and contemporary bands just not so interesting, expect the 51 year old Stones to be the summer’s big draw.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 23:32

Farewell show will be Wembley Stadium,but who knows when. smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2013 23:52

bye bye johnny
Those dates had been a great success. The Stones got a $25 million advance, and sold out all the shows after charging astronomical prices for the tickets.

This time around. I am told, the Stones wanted at least a $20 million advance as well as a line of credit from which they could draw down as the dates progressed. Sources say they were waiting for Dainty/Branson to come through with a letter of credit showing they had the funds and were ready to go. But something happened–no one’s sure what. At the last minute, the AEG execs got a call from the Stones’ lawyer Joyce Smyth. The letter of credit was not coming through. Could AEG pick up the slack?

WTF?! A line of credit, are they cash strapped or what? This is getting ridiculous, bring back Rupie the Groupie to bring some ORDNUNG in this mess! And the advance isn't exactly the rumoured $80 million...but then that probably means they have more upside than with an $80 million (fixed fee?) guarantee..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-25 23:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 26, 2013 00:01

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny

WTF?! A line of credit, are they cash strapped or what? This is getting ridiculous, bring back Rupie the Groupie to bring some ORDNUNG in this mess! And the advance isn't exactly the rumoured $80 million...but then that probably means they have more upside than with an $80 million (fixed fee?) guarantee..

Standard industry practice, whether it's a $5,000 gig at the Key Club or a $1,000,000 gig at Staples is to pay a 50% deposit up front.

Looks like Virgin Live was having difficulty paying up. The Stones will spend millions before they pay a note so it shouldn't be considered unreasonable to want something in advance.

A guarantee isn't the same as a flat fee but a guaranteed minimum amount. For a band with an uncertain draw, it could be $600,000 for the first 10,000 tickets and a percentage of anything above that.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 26, 2013 00:13

Green Lady
Stoneage
24FPS

Lol, spot on Green Lady, you nailed it.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 26, 2013 00:16

"But the 18 American dates, beginning in May in Vancouver..."eye popping smiley

Can't wait for the UK tour to begin in Paris.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 26, 2013 01:10

Same deal we discussed already. There is a Vancouver, WA, USA but...I think the Stones' Vancouver
is in Canada...hey we could all be wrong, ha.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: March 26, 2013 06:04

From JonDupee /Shidoobee

LET MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL CAPTURE YOUR IMAGINATION!! Below is a list of Las Vegas’ most star-studded concerts! See all these once-in-a-lifetime extravaganzas and much more including our fabulous nightly entertainment such as O, KA, Love, and Zarkana from Terry Fator to Criss Angel Believe, and a variety of beach concerts. There is something for everyone at MGM Resorts International!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
Stacy Parker
MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
Corporate Executive of Customer Development
sparker@mgmresorts.com
(C) 856-466-2847

04/07/2013 ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC

04/08/2013 TIM MCGRAW’S SUMMER SUPERSTAR SPECIAL

04/13/2013 RIHANNA

04/13/2013 ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE~ FABER VS JORGENSEN

04/20/2013 BON JOVI

04/27/2013 LADY ANTEBELLUM

05/04/2013 MAYWEATHER VS. GUERRERO

05/19/2013 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS

05/26/2013 FLEETWOOD MAC

06/01/2013 NO DOUBT

*06/08/2013 ROLLING STONES*

06/28/2013 JUSTIN BIEBER

06/29/2013 BEYONCE

07/06/2013 NEW KIDS ON BLOCK, 98 DEGREES and BOYS TO MEN

07/20/2013 RASCALL FLATTS

08/31/2013 BRAD PAISLEY

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 26, 2013 07:07

I hope the play in hongkong or mainland china again

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 26, 2013 09:08

Okay, since this is an official "countdown," we shoud at least know how many days are there left, shouldn't we? Without it, it is just pointless counting.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 26, 2013 10:58

beat up ?

[themusic.com.au]

AUSTRALIAN DATES EXPECTED IN ROLLING STONES WORLD TOUR
26 March, 2013
Australian dates for The Rolling Stones are expected to be in the upcoming announcement for their world tour, with the reveal potentially coming as early as Easter.

The band played five shows late last year to mark their 50th anniversary, with Australian promoter Paul Dainty and Richard Branson’s Virgin teaming up to present the shows under the banner of Virgin Live. They were expected to be the promoters of the legendary British band’s upcoming world tour, but last week AEG Live swooped in after the initial deal fell over, according to Billboard.

They report that Dainty was unable to close the deal after struggling to raise the necessary funds, which was likely to include other promoters. Showbiz411 claims that for the 18 American dates the band wanted a $20 million advance and a line of credit they could draw from. A 45 minute phone call from AEG Live’s Randy Phillips to Philip Anschutz, owner of the Anschutz Entertainment Group, confirmed that they could meet the Stones’ demands.

This week multiple sources have suggested to theMusic.com.au that any Australian dates – which are definitely being discussed – would still be handled by Dainty. A representative from the Dainty Group is yet to respond to theMusic.

AEG also has business interests in Australia through AEG Ogden, which controls a number of the country’s biggest venues, including Allphones Arena, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Perth Concert Hall and Suncorp Stadium. The company is a joint venture between AEG’s AEG Facilities and locally based Ogden IFC.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 26, 2013 11:45

Now to name Paulywaul I am just writing this to get to the 50 pages and countingtongue sticking out smiley and to give more food for thought:

Since the last concert in December we read and hear about the speculations of a Tour in 2013. In the last weeks rumours and some quotes mention the 18 date US Tour plus eventual appearances in UK.
All in all the threads and news spread around the world by various media.

However until today's date there is absolutely no reaction on www.rollingstones.com

I recall that they gave us some hints on Twitter days befoer the announcement for the five converts (announcement 15th Oct 12). Also Twitter fills us with reference to old videos and snips, but nothing new.

So as Paulywaul or was it hot smiley would say:
Until this hour CET 10.45 there is my announcement that there is NO ANNOUCEMENT so far cool smiley

Date: March 26, 2013 13:22

Strip Scribbles

By Robin Leach
Monday, March 25, 2013 | 6:39 p.m.

Rescheduled and reorganized tour dates for 18 West Coast stops for The Rolling Stones were being inked in place today after weekend scrambling to combat conflicting dates with NBA and NHL playoff events.

I’m reliably told that if everything falls into place in the next 48 hours, we will know the revised schedule by the weekend or next Monday. It looks highly probable that an MGM Grand Garden Arena date will be scheduled.

The tour is definitely on!

[www.lasvegassun.com]

Date: March 26, 2013 14:18

[www.ticketmaster.com]

A seat map for the Rolling Stones is avaiable at ticketmaster.com for the former Delta Arena in Salt Lake City, but nowhere else so far.

Date: March 26, 2013 14:34

Nothing's been announced, so SLC is certainly possible, but that's likely an old seating chart. There are several other unique stage configurations from past concerts listed there.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 26, 2013 15:51

isn't Canada in the Americas any more?

Date: March 26, 2013 15:55

Grison
Now to name Paulywaul I am just writing this to get to the 50 pages and countingtongue sticking out smiley and to give more food for thought:

Since the last concert in December we read and hear about the speculations of a Tour in 2013. In the last weeks rumours and some quotes mention the 18 date US Tour plus eventual appearances in UK.
All in all the threads and news spread around the world by various media.

However until today's date there is absolutely no reaction on www.rollingstones.com

I recall that they gave us some hints on Twitter days befoer the announcement for the five converts (announcement 15th Oct 12). Also Twitter fills us with reference to old videos and snips, but nothing new.

So as Paulywaul or was it hot smiley would say:
Until this hour CET 10.45 there is my announcement that there is NO ANNOUCEMENT so far cool smiley

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2013 15:55

peoplewitheyes
isn't Canada in the Americas any more?

no, it's moved to the Canadas...I should know, I'm here.

Date: March 26, 2013 16:10

copsnrobbers
From JonDupee /Shidoobee

LET MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL CAPTURE YOUR IMAGINATION!! Below is a list of Las Vegas’ most star-studded concerts! See all these once-in-a-lifetime extravaganzas and much more including our fabulous nightly entertainment such as O, KA, Love, and Zarkana from Terry Fator to Criss Angel Believe, and a variety of beach concerts. There is something for everyone at MGM Resorts International!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
Stacy Parker
Corporate Executive of Customer Development
sparker@mgmresorts.com
(C) 856-466-2847

04/07/2013 ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC

04/08/2013 TIM MCGRAW’S SUMMER SUPERSTAR SPECIAL

04/13/2013 RIHANNA

04/13/2013 ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE~ FABER VS JORGENSEN

04/20/2013 BON JOVI

04/27/2013 LADY ANTEBELLUM

05/04/2013 MAYWEATHER VS. GUERRERO

05/19/2013 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS

05/26/2013 FLEETWOOD MAC

06/01/2013 NO DOUBT

06/28/2013 JUSTIN BIEBER

06/29/2013 BEYONCE

07/06/2013 NEW KIDS ON BLOCK, 98 DEGREES and BOYS TO MEN

07/20/2013 RASCALL FLATTS

08/31/2013 BRAD PAISLEY

Sounds OK to me, be nice to have it officially announced though .......... !!!

Over to you ... the glimmers !!!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 26, 2013 16:18

paulywaul
copsnrobbers

Sounds OK to me, be nice to have it officially announced though .......... !!!

Over to you ... the glimmers !!!
The date just doesn't fit into my schedule. Oh come on Glimmer Twins you can do better grinning smiley

Posted by: souchkin ()
Date: March 26, 2013 21:22

I found an article on a french-canadian site saying the Stones might play in Quebec city this summer. Here's a basic google translation of it

'' The Rolling Stones have booked the Plains of Abraham from July 20 to 27! Are we will have the chance to welcome the legendary group this summer in Quebec? Every reason to believe so!

The Stones are currently negotiating for a concert on the site of the Plains of Abraham in July, reports the Journal de Montreal. According to a reliable source, QuébéComm have booked with the website of the Commission on National Battlefields (NBC) to present two major concerts! For the moment, the identity of the second group is not known, but we can expect something big! ''

original article

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 26, 2013 21:45

Look for them to play The Battlefields (Plains of Abraham) on 20th juillet. They are still in negotiations regarding that show.....or shows!!

smoking smiley

Posted by: Des ()
Date: March 26, 2013 22:09

I camped there once, stuck the tent and Austin Mini behind a bush.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 26, 2013 22:27

Looks great for our Canadian Friends.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home