Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Who actually listens to the Stones anymore?
Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 10:41

I mean heh? Is there actually still a large magority of people that still listens to this band regularly? You have to admit their haydays are long over and they haven't really put out anything for years thats worth listening to. Do you still play your old Stones stuff all the time or are you just more in love with what they used to be and what they used to mean to you? Not trying to be an @#$%& here but come on lets be honest. Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age. What else have we got though, Justin Beiber?

Re: Who actually listens to the Stones anymore?
Date: February 12, 2013 10:47

rob51
I mean heh? Is there actually still a large magority of people that still listens to this band regularly? You have to admit their haydays are long over and they haven't really put out anything for years thats worth listening to. Do you still play your old Stones stuff all the time or are you just more in love with what they used to be and what they used to mean to you? Not trying to be an @#$%& here but come on lets be honest. Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age. What else have we got though, Justin Beiber?

I'm still listening to this, as well as their best albums. The best ones change all the time, so right now I'm listening a lot to Aftermath and BTB.

Good music never dies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-12 10:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 12, 2013 10:53

I would kindly request you to pay The Biebs - and any other person you may mention - that minimum of respect to address him by his correctly spelled name.

For the rest, I believe, this thread will lead nowhere.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:19

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:24

rob51
Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age

This statement doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying The Stones shouldn't be appreciated or listened to because they're 'out of time"? Pun intended.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:31

Sounds like your in the wrong place. You seem to want to stir up something by being provocative, and me thinks your not really much of a fan....

I listen to them weekly. The gamete from old to new.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:38

Who wants to listen to Beethoven's music? He hasn't put out anything in centuries. Like DandelionPowderman puts it: good music never dies.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 12, 2013 12:22

I do

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 12, 2013 12:32

rob51

Theres a lot of good music produced every day of the year. Stones havent been part of that since the Undercover days.

Date: February 12, 2013 13:27

Redhotcarpet
rob51

Theres a lot of good music produced every day of the year. Stones havent been part of that since the Undercover days.

There are a lot of people on this board who highly regard songs like Saint Of Me, Out Of Control, How Can I Stop, Love Is Strong and Continental Drift, to name a few...

Or are you talking about how frequent they produce good music. If the latter is the case, I totally agree with you.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:40

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:43

I'm still listening

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:46

Fragments of their music, mostly Taylor solos. Just to get out of my thinking, musically.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:49

i do , i have been playing the brussels affair cd in my stero and i have been watching live stones dvd's on my tv.this is pretty dumb question on BV website!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:49

I do. I admit I listen to their old stuff more than the more recent, the exception being B2B which I listen to regularly. Sometimes I'll overdo it and listen to them too much and take a break from them for a little bit. Could be a couple of days to a couple of months, but I always come back. I'm the same way with other bands, but usually the span of how long I listen is shorter and how long I take a break is longer, just because The Stones have so much material stemming from so many influences that I can listen to them quite a bit without it getting repetitive. It's almost like listening to 3-4 different bands when you look at the whole career.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 12, 2013 14:37

Max'sKansasCity

Max, were you starting to put The Brady Bunch back together?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 12, 2013 14:51

i don't listen to them anymore and i don't believe anyone here who says they do.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:00

rob51
Do you still play your old Stones stuff all the time or are you just more in love with what they used to be and what they used to mean to you?

Define "all the time."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:01

I hardly listen to the official stuff anymore but I constantly listen to live aud tapes what we called "bootlegs" last century. >grinning smiley<

Music from 75 and 82 are currently on my "playlist".

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:08

rob51

Yes I regularly listen to them, & will happily tell anyone that I do so, no matter what day & age it is. I don't care what year whatever music I listen to is made or compare it to anything being recorded today. And it's not what it 'used to mean to me' because I was born in the early 70s. Put it this way - I just like good music.

But yes, I'm struggling to find anything today to get enthused about - But that's a separate issue. Would still be listening to the Stones regardless.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:38

Everyday, usually in the car. I listen to them at home more on the weekends, they calm me down when I have to pay the bills, they rev me up when I gotta do some housework or yardwork, great to relax to in the evening...in short, the Stones' music is perfect anytime.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:41

I listen to at least 1 Stones song or play one on my guitar everyday!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:42

rob51
Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age.

You're kidding, right ?

Date: February 12, 2013 16:03

rob51

The best way to enjoy the Stones is either live or on DVD. Music alone just doesn't move me that much anymore. I listen to the Beatles every Sunday morning during my Sunday morning walk. I love the Stones live. Only the Sonics can compete with the Stones for a live rock 'n roll performance. The recent shows proved that the Stones can still deliver a great live show. Hope to see them in my neighborhood in 2013 and can't wait for the 50th anniversary DVD.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:08

I do - Can't you Hear Me Knocking is on the radio right now actually.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:09

People who listen to the radio do. The Stones are still in heavy rotation on the classic rock and oldie stations, which every town seems to have.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:41

rob51
Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age.

Does anything make a whole lot of sense in this day and age? No would be my answer. So why not just say 'F*$k it' and blast out Exile on Main St.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:41

rob51

Yes, I still do listen to The Stones - good music never dies. They still mean the same to me. I wish they would record more - the latest singel " Doom And Gloom" was fantastic. I still listen to Jimi Hendrix, MC5, Janis Joplin, The Doors - I think people who are truly interested in music still listen to music, it doesnt matter when the music was recorded or released, good music is always important. Hell, I listen to Robert Johnson, Blind Willie McTell - and I wasnt even born when they did their classic recordings.

When I get older - I dont give up on life, I'm not bitter and I dont spend my time thinkin about my youth either, and there's plenty of great new music and bands out there. I still go to the gigs too..

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 12, 2013 17:13

i listen to them as often as i want to which is often.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 12, 2013 17:21

If you are a longtime Stonesfan your fanbeing will over all these years probably have changed like it did with me.But I still listen to them every week for shure.
There is a lot of great music. Why should I stop?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home