Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Who actually listens to the Stones anymore?
Date: February 17, 2013 06:16

rob51
First of all thanks for replying to my "stupid question". Got to admit I was pretty lit up when i posted that question but I still stand behind what my real meaning was. The Stones in my opinion were once the most important and besides that the greatest sounding band in the world! That was a long time ago though and they haven't done much in years to move me to believe their still in the same leaque as they were then. Sorry if my post offended you and you obviously don't agree. You can't honestly tell me however that a new album by the band in 2013 would be as huge and important a deal as it once was, or that things will ever be the way they once were when this band ruled and all others were measured by how good the last Stones release was. Maybe theres a bit of an age difference?

The problem is, that music itself, just isn't as important as it once was, way back then. Not saying the kids of today don't love their music, but there are just so many other things going on these days. Us old farts will always listen to the hits of our youth and follow the bands of our youth.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 22, 2013 23:59

I played a different version of Black And Blue today while I was painting a ceiling and enjoyed the hell out of it - took off Cherry Oh Baby and added Slave and Worried About You. Very nice, I really enjoyed it. Great LP.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:34

I have 5,000 songs on my ipod and I put it on at work on shuffle play. I have most of The Stones in the ipod. The other day I was having a really crappy day and Jumping Jack Flashand Midnight Rambler came on the ipod back to back and I instantly was in a good mood. That is why I still listen to the Stones they always put me in a good mood no matter what I'm doing.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:38

slew
I have 5,000 songs on my ipod and I put it on at work on shuffle play. I have most of The Stones in the ipod. The other day I was having a really crappy day and Jumping Jack Flashand Midnight Rambler came on the ipod back to back and I instantly was in a good mood. That is why I still listen to the Stones they always put me in a good mood no matter what I'm doing.

Have you tried hard drugs as an alternative...just in case the battery on your ipod dies? It's good to have a backup.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:39

GRNRBITW
slew

Have you tried hard drugs as an alternative...just in case the battery on your ipod dies? It's good to have a backup.

you could just carry a backup battery, but the concept is sound.

Date: February 23, 2013 16:43

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

you could just carry a backup battery, but the concept is sound.

The advantage here is that hard drugs don't require batteries. Less risk involved.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:43

I haven't done hards drugs in years. Besides they only make you feel good for a bit and then you have to do more or you feel like crap. I'd rather play the ipod.

Date: February 23, 2013 16:45

slew
I haven't done hards drugs in years. Besides they only make you feel good for a bit and then you have to do more or you feel like crap.

But isn't it the same the Stones???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:46

GRNRBITW
slew
I haven't done hards drugs in years. Besides they only make you feel good for a bit and then you have to do more or you feel like crap.

hardy har har!

OK, nobody post anything...I'm heading out to Starbucks for a venti...I'm out of coffee filters.

I'll be back in 10 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-23 16:47 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:53

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

hardy har har!

OK, nobody post anything...I'm heading out to Starbucks for a venti...I'm out of coffee filters.

I'll be back in 10 minutes.

Does he really think we aren't going to say anything until he gets back?

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: March 8, 2013 13:23

The Doctor has ordered me to listen to at least one Stones album a day from the era 68-74 and drink one Guinness a day. When I will be fine!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:22

talkcheap
The Doctor has ordered me to listen to at least one Stones album a day from the era 68-74 and drink one Guinness a day. When I will be fine!

Doctor, please...
Some more of these!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 8, 2013 21:25

I meet friends at a local bar every Friday for a drink or two. They have a BARLINK jukebox in which songs can be requested via a cell phone app. We ALWAYS play STAR STAR and CYHMK.

I still listen. That reminds me, it's Friday and it's snowing here in NYC so I'll be playing WINTER too. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 21:27 by custom55.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 8, 2013 21:56

everyone but not you

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 8, 2013 23:32

In fact they get very little airplay here in Sweden. On either public service stations or commercial ones. You almost never hear them on the radio.
Maybe due to the fact that they almost never release new songs?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: March 8, 2013 23:33

EVERYDAY,YO.
ROLLING STONES,NOW ON RIGHT NOW!

Date: March 9, 2013 02:28

get your yas yas out and play it loud,
you will rocking to the music.it's only rock-roll but we like it

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2013 02:44

Listening and watching them right now...Ladies and Gentlemen is on Palladia, followed by Shine a Light. Catch it now, if it's in your area. smiling smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 9, 2013 09:06

Gotta love them oldies!

Date: March 9, 2013 10:27

rob51
I mean heh? Is there actually still a large magority of people that still listens to this band regularly? You have to admit their haydays are long over and they haven't really put out anything for years thats worth listening to. Do you still play your old Stones stuff all the time or are you just more in love with what they used to be and what they used to mean to you? Not trying to be an @#$%& here but come on lets be honest. Being a huge Stones fan doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this day and age. What else have we got though, Justin Beiber?

Today the first song I heard on my car radio was a 60s Stones classic (for anyone in the LA area, K-Earth 101 is having an all 60s weekend on now) and when I turned on TV tonite, the 1st song I caught on an Ed Sullivan 60s special was the Stones doing Ruby Tuesday. (My favorite part of that song is Brian playing the recorder.) So yes, Rob51, many of us still listen to old Stones music.

Date: March 9, 2013 10:34

JumpinJackOLantern
rob51
First of all thanks for replying to my "stupid question". Got to admit I was pretty lit up when i posted that question but I still stand behind what my real meaning was. The Stones in my opinion were once the most important and besides that the greatest sounding band in the world! That was a long time ago though and they haven't done much in years to move me to believe their still in the same leaque as they were then. Sorry if my post offended you and you obviously don't agree. You can't honestly tell me however that a new album by the band in 2013 would be as huge and important a deal as it once was, or that things will ever be the way they once were when this band ruled and all others were measured by how good the last Stones release was. Maybe theres a bit of an age difference?

The problem is, that music itself, just isn't as important as it once was, way back then. Not saying the kids of today don't love their music, but there are just so many other things going on these days. Us old farts will always listen to the hits of our youth and follow the bands of our youth.

What I like is when my kids crank up some classic rock (like Led Zeppelin) and I tell them that's what I listened to when I was their ages...you should see the dry looks of disgust I get!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2013 19:17

if you turn on a major commercial radio station here in Sweden you will be served the latest computerized R&B- or boybandshits. For hours and with no real instruments or voices involved. If you turn on a Public Service station you will be served political correct indie-pop or hip-hop (strangely enough hip-hop and rap are considered political correct although the lyrics are certainly not. It has to do with race) music. For hours and hours. Funnily enough, the only time you can hear the Stones, Beatles or 60/70/80s music is on the sports radio.

Date: March 10, 2013 02:45

me and the rest of the fans

Date: March 10, 2013 06:57

Stoneage
if you turn on a major commercial radio station here in Sweden you will be served the latest computerized R&B- or boybandshits. For hours and with no real instruments or voices involved. If you turn on a Public Service station you will be served political correct indie-pop or hip-hop (strangely enough hip-hop and rap are considered political correct although the lyrics are certainly not. It has to do with race) music. For hours and hours. Funnily enough, the only time you can hear the Stones, Beatles or 60/70/80s music is on the sports radio.

It's quite different over here. Sports stations, eh? What's the connection?

Date: March 10, 2013 07:07

owlbynite
JumpinJackOLantern
rob51

What I like is when my kids crank up some classic rock (like Led Zeppelin) and I tell them that's what I listened to when I was their ages...you should see the dry looks of disgust I get!

They should teach the history of rock 'n roll in our schools so the kids of today can gain an appreciation for how great the bands of our era truly were.

Date: March 10, 2013 07:38

Stoneage

We have a whole two hours devoted to the Beatles every Sunday morning. They claim it is the most listened to show in the State of Washington.

Date: March 10, 2013 08:14

JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite
JumpinJackOLantern
rob51

They should teach the history of rock 'n roll in our schools so the kids of today can gain an appreciation for how great the bands of our era truly were.

That's right! When one of my kids took guitar lessons, the teacher 'made' us buy some Led Zep so he could really hear how it's done. Broke my heart I had to listen, had the old vinyls.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: March 10, 2013 14:49

I don't listen to them any more.... and I certainly don't listen to them any lesstongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 10, 2013 15:29

wineaux
I don't listen to them any more.... and I certainly don't listen to them any lesstongue sticking out smiley
thumbs up I agree, but sometimes I listen to them less/more, and sometimes more/less, but listening to them less/more means listening to someone else more/less.... as easily shown on this chart...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 10, 2013 22:58

listening to Brussels right now as a matter of fact. YCAGWYW is sounding mighty fine.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home