Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: OT: Bowie's back!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 27, 2013 08:44

Anyone hear a similarity between The Stars (Are Out Tonight) and Afraid? Just came on shuffle one after another and didn't realize they both sound very similar to me. In a good way!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:03

RollingFreak
runaway
"Bowie" (Sandeman & Mennomail Mix) A Tribute to David Bowie in sound and vision.
Two David Bowie fans from Amsterdam made this cool video/mix;

Wow, I thought that video was awesome! Thank you so much for posting. If you weren't already excited for Bowie's return, this will do it for ya. And if it doesn't, something's wrong! LOL

Thanks Nicos and RollingFreak, I' m looking forward to Bowie's new album and found this clip on ;video: [www.davidbowie.com]

A tribute to David Bowie in sound and vision, approved by David Bowie himself, who labeled the video "cool" on his website.

I asked DJ Sandeman to mix together my personal favorite Bowie tracks. After that I added the visuals. Sound design: Sandeman (@sandeman). Visual design: Menno Kooistra (@mennomail).
Thank you, David Bowie, for everything you've given us (so far)!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:47

NICOS
runaway
"Bowie" (Sandeman & Mennomail Mix) A Tribute to David Bowie in sound and vision.
Two David Bowie fans from Amsterdam made this cool video/mix;

That was nice to watch............

How were those vocals isolated?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 11:04

Yeah that video is brilliant! Very well done and great mixing of the music with different vocals. Spot on!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 27, 2013 11:15

I remain very hopeful for the album despite thinking this song is a little below his best. Very good reviews - how come they are so early? - and lyrics like "Oblivion shall own you / Death alone shall love you” really get me excited. VERY Bowie!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 27, 2013 18:09

From DB facebook page :

British newspapers reviews :

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

[www.independent.co.uk]

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 18:12 by kowalski.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 27, 2013 18:10

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 27, 2013 19:08

Great read, thanks for scanning!

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: March 1, 2013 03:54

iTunes are streaming the album now. For a limited time, but doesn't say how long. It sounds amazing!

Date: March 1, 2013 06:09

thunderball
iTunes are streaming the album now. For a limited time, but doesn't say how long. It sounds amazing!
The article I read said it'll be till the album is released until March 12, which is when the album is released. Regardless, I am going to go through that thing like a monster tomorrow!

Date: March 1, 2013 07:50

I've seen a picture of Bowie in the new album PR and I think he's alluding to this picture.

But why?

Perhaps.

He's not under japanese influence and his honor is no longer at stake?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-01 07:54 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 1, 2013 09:17

All that good press sounds a bit too good to be true...a mixture of happiness to see him back and hyping?...Will give it a listen in iTunes though.

Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: March 1, 2013 09:17

On my second listening of the complete album now and it's even better than I hoped or expected. Classic Bowie.

Date: March 1, 2013 10:30

Can't find it on iTunes, is there a direct link for that full preview ?

Date: March 1, 2013 11:12

[itunes.com]. It should open iTunes for you and take you directly to the The Next Day page. Then click on the play button under the cover on the left.

Date: March 1, 2013 13:16

Thanks so much for posting that the album can be listened to!!!! I listened to it once and, wow, there are some great songs on it. Very good. I have to let it sit with me a bit, then will give it another listen. So far very pleased, and for his first album in ten years, not bad at all! The man's a genius.

Date: March 1, 2013 13:36

gotdablouse
All that good press sounds a bit too good to be true...a mixture of happiness to see him back and hyping?...Will give it a listen in iTunes though.
I agree. Personally, Bowie is one of the few people I'd give a pass to wanting it to be good no matter what. If for some reason I hated it, but the press loved it, I'd be happy for him because of the 10 year wait I just want to see him succeed.

I heard the whole thing last night, and I agree that I was reading along with the hype and thinking "wow, you people are completely overestimating this as the greatest thing ever released." I read somewhere that someone thought one of the lyrics in The Stars (Are Out Tonight) was one of the greatest ever written by Bowie and laughed outloud at how ridiculous.

After listening once, I thought it was ok. A few songs stuck out. However, it took me at least 3 tries for Where Are We Now and The Stars to sink in and now I really enjoy them. I'm sure the rest of the album will be the same way. I'm sure I'll never see it at the hype level the press seems to be looking at it as, but I'm anxious to see how long it takes before I start liking it. Took awhile with Heathen, Toy, and Hours for me as well.

Either way, I hope all the good thoughts have assuaged Bowie to consider touring, not that I'm sure he cares what they think at all.

Date: March 1, 2013 14:11

Thanks for the link, so I guess I'm also not hearing after a first pass what others (the press/profession) are so far. Some ok tunes overall of course but nothing that appeals to me instantly like the the second single. Maybe it's because it's a preview but I listened to it with headphones and it sounds a bit odd, with Bowie's voice very "centered" and "buried" for lack of better words.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 1, 2013 14:19

gotdablouse
Thanks for the link, so I guess I'm also not hearing after a first pass what others (the press/profession) are so far. Some ok tunes overall of course but nothing that appeals to me instantly like the the second single. Maybe it's because it's a preview but I listened to it with headphones and it sounds a bit odd, with Bowie's voice very "centered" and "buried" for lack of better words.

Love the album...I agree his voice sounds "buried"...sounds like the guitars are much louder...

Date: March 1, 2013 15:05

Also, I'm pretty upset at what Visconti cited as "rocking". The songs are upbeat, and in terms of Where Are We Now they are rocking, but I feel like he definitely chose his words carefully there. When I think rocking Bowie, I think Cracked Actor or Rebel Rebel. This stuff is weird and upbeat, but not what I would consider "rocking." Just my opinion, and I'm not mad at Tony, but that definitely is something that got my hopes up and sort of annoyed me at first listen.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 1, 2013 20:00

Thanks for the link! I'm a bit of a Bowie obsessive and I was worried but I listened twice and I really like it. Got into to it quicker than I thought I would, can't wait for the release.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 1, 2013 20:26

Thanks for the great article, JJflash
Funny...the girl playing "Bowie anno 1976" in the video of the last single comes from the same small town as me, in northern Norway. Remember her face from school. Good looking girl for sure, allthough scary thinny, but I hope that's not the side effects of cocaine, but love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-01 20:28 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 1, 2013 20:54

For those of you that don't have/want iTunes: video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-01 20:55 by TotalBB.

Date: March 1, 2013 21:10

TotalBB

I don't want to hear it like this.

It's not right.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 1, 2013 21:32

GravityBoy
TotalBB

It's not right.

My man!!! High five.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 1, 2013 21:34

GravityBoy
TotalBB

It's not right.

Ripped from iTunes ...
Soundwise, quality is really not good. Will wait until the proper release.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: March 2, 2013 00:31

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 2, 2013 01:05

His new CD gets bad critics

Date: March 2, 2013 01:12

Not as bad as your grammar.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2013 02:32

NPR loved it too....great for fans of real music.
[www.npr.org]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home