Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Daylights Saving Time Dilemma
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 3, 2013 05:50

Ok- we're suppose to turn the clock back one hour tomorrow. For what reason? This is not the 1800s. We should establish Daylight's Saving Time as the official time standard. Why have sun rise at 6:00 in morning and sun fall by 4:30? We should adjust time standards to meet current needs. I'd rather go to work in dark and have more daylight at days' end.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 06:33 by Chris Fountain.

Re: OT: Daylights Time Dilemma
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 3, 2013 06:10

kids going to school, waiting for the bus, safety, stuff like that.

Re: OT: Daylights Saving Time Dilemma
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 3, 2013 06:17

This was GW's grand energy saving initiative. More progressive, modern thinking from the Republicans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 06:45 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 3, 2013 06:18

Ok - No offense, the same kids going to school were already going to the bus stop in dark at this point. The daylight was only visible around 7:00. In other words, I think it is more hazardous for Rush Hour to occur in the dark in the late afternoon

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2013 06:26

....not mad on it ... that extra hour of sun-light fades me curtains...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 3, 2013 06:32

Chris Fountain
Ok - No offense, the same kids going to school were already going to the bus stop in dark at this point. The daylight was only visible around 7:00. In other words, I think it is more hazardous for Rush Hour to occur in the dark in the late afternoon

that's because 3/4 of the people on the road are @#$%&. @#$%& 'em. save the children.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 3, 2013 06:46

Daylight Savings works well in Australia, for us its great, go to the beach after work, play sport, go out, stuff like that but if you are a Vampire and hate the sun, climb into you coffin and dream of the Dark Ages. Farmers hate it of course but they hate everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 06:48 by lapaz62.

Date: November 3, 2013 06:55

lapaz62
Daylight Savings works well in Australia, for us its great, go to the beach after work, play sport, go out, stuff like that but if you are a Vampire and hate the sun, climb into you coffin and dream of the Dark Ages. Farmers hate it of course but they hate everything.

I live in South Florida- beach is the agenda for tommorrow. Are there Pelicans in Australia?

Date: November 3, 2013 06:58

crholmstrom
This was GW's grand energy saving initiative. More progressive, modern thinking from the Republicans.

you have no clue what you are talking about. all GW did was move the dates of turning the clocks back or forward. before GW you turned the clocks back the last weekend in october and he changed it to the 1st weekend in november. i think in spring you change the clock 1 week earlier now too.

Date: November 3, 2013 08:39

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

you have no clue what you are talking about. all GW did was move the dates of turning the clocks back or forward. before GW you turned the clocks back the last weekend in october and he changed it to the 1st weekend in november. i think in spring you change the clock 1 week earlier now too.
I believe it is you who is sans clues. At the time, adding the extra weeks was heavily touted as a huge savings in energy. This in lieu of research into alternative energy sources, etc. In other words, nothing that would get in the way of the obscene profits of the oil conglomerates. Better put the blinders back on now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 08:44 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 3, 2013 08:48

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

I believe it is you who is sans clues. At the time, adding the extra weeks was heavily touted as a huge savings in energy. This in lieu of research into alternative energy sources, etc. In other words, nothing that would get in the way of the obscene profits of the oil conglomerates. Better put the blinders back on now.

did you even research daylight savings time? when it was first proposed decades ago energy saving was one of the many supposed benefits of it. GW changed the time because he said it would actually save us money of our heating and power bills and studies shows it did reduce power and heating bills but the study was inconclusive because weather is never a constant.

bte i love all the jobs obama has created with his alternative energy sources. wasn't that one of his big platforms?

Date: November 3, 2013 08:56

Are there Pelicans in Australia?.....YEP!!! we got 'em

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2013 08:58

Send me some, I've lived in the Pelican State since 1990 and never seen one. confused smiley

Welcome to the EXTRA HOUR, btw. Any second now!

Date: November 3, 2013 09:17

Send me some, I've lived in the Pelican State since 1990 and never seen one

Heehaaa Aqua .... I just see them flyin' around most days ...
I don't actually have 'em just lounging around my home chewin' on fish-fingers...heheh

But hey ya might get more fun out this new .... 28 South Louisiana rockers
Esp - Ken Lidsey's - Crazy Dreams where it sounds like The Cramps meet Slim Harpo

.................... ACE CDCHD 1380

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 3, 2013 09:26

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

What a bunch of horseshit.

Date: November 3, 2013 09:28

tomk
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

his comment, my comment or both comments?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2013 09:48

Rockman
Ken Lidsey's - Crazy Dreams where it sounds like The Cramps meet Slim Harpo

Well, that sounds like it's worth hunting down!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 3, 2013 09:51

keefriffhard4life
tomk
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Ha! Sorry. That would be crholmstrom's comment.

Date: November 3, 2013 11:09

[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 11:10 by lapaz62.

Date: November 3, 2013 11:11

Chris Fountain
lapaz62

I live in South Florida- beach is the agenda for tommorrow. Are there Pelicans in Australia?

Pelicans and Crows, Fark, Fark, Faaaaaaark.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 3, 2013 11:31

keefriffhard4life

All three smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 3, 2013 11:35

lapaz62
Chris Fountain
lapaz62

Pelicans and Crows, Fark, Fark, Faaaaaaark.

from Google -

The Australian Pelican is a large waterbird of the family Pelecanidae, widespread on the inland and coastal waters of Australia and New Guinea, also in Fiji, parts of Indonesia and as a vagrant to New Zealand. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Pelecanus conspicillatus
(sounds like the NSA)

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 3, 2013 11:45

Chris Fountain
Ok- we're suppose to turn the clock back one hour tomorrow. For what reason? This is not the 1800s. We should establish Daylight's Saving Time as the official time standard. Why have sun rise at 6:00 in morning and sun fall by 4:30? We should adjust time standards to meet current needs. I'd rather go to work in dark and have more daylight at days' end.

As a matter of fact it's the summer time which is artificial that's why during the summer we have longer evenings. Now we're going back to the standard time, which is doom and gloom...

Date: November 3, 2013 11:56

franzk
Chris Fountain

As a matter of fact it's the summer time which is artificial that's why during the summer we have longer evenings. Now we're going back to the standard time, which is doom and gloom...

Daylights' Standard Time should be offialized.

Date: November 3, 2013 12:23

Was just pointing out the whole concept of manipulating the clock is dumb. We get locked into a lot of stupid stuff because of 200+ year old (in some cases) logic. I'm not going to even open up the can of worms I'm thinking of because I'm not up to fighting today.

Date: November 3, 2013 12:30

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

did you even research daylight savings time? when it was first proposed decades ago energy saving was one of the many supposed benefits of it. GW changed the time because he said it would actually save us money of our heating and power bills and studies shows it did reduce power and heating bills but the study was inconclusive because weather is never a constant.

bte i love all the jobs obama has created with his alternative energy sources. wasn't that one of his big platforms?
Bush. Worst. President. Ever.

Date: November 3, 2013 12:32

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Bush. Worst. President. Ever.

even if he is the worst president ever he doesn't control oil prices the stock market and OPEC does

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 3, 2013 12:46

Chris Fountain
franzk
Chris Fountain

Daylights' Standard Time should be offialized.

But that would simply mean moving one time zone ahead... And I don't know if this move would be appreciated everywhere. Belarus did it a couple of years ago and now in the December sun rises there at 9:30 AM.

Date: November 3, 2013 12:55

Peace? It's NFL day & I'm not well. Sorry I made comment. Really stupid issue to argue about. I'm sure we'll clash on something more meaningful at some point.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 3, 2013 15:38

First day is not so bad, it's the rest of the week that's hard, until your internal clock gets used to it. Everyone will complain at work for a few days, then most people won't think about it till it comes around again.

In the meantime, I sure enjoyed sleeping for an extra hour this morning...it's tomorrow morning that's going to be a bitch. cool smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home