Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 19, 2022 01:06

Green Lady
For those who came to see the Stones at the O2: it's had a bad time in the storm and lost a big patch of its outer roof.

[www.itv.com]

Stay safe, Nicos.

Thank you Greenlady.........the last time I remember a storm like this was in jan '78........ it was heavy nearby my house 5 have trees been blown over

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2022 15:44

Daylight Saving Time starts this weekend! About bloody time…

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 9, 2022 13:25

I think that picture of "Stone Henge" was contributed by the Spinal Tap Stage Design Team. It's actually of the Avebury stone circle, where the team from the National Trust do indeed have to move the stones forward and back every time the clocks change. I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true!

PS: commiserations to everyone affected by the floods in Queensland and NSW: I have friends in Brisbane who are still above water so far...

Date: March 9, 2022 14:57

Green Lady
I think that picture of "Stone Henge" was contributed by the Spinal Tap Stage Design Team…

I know! You can tell because they are setting the time to 11. cool smiley

Date: March 9, 2022 15:10

SomeTorontoGirl
Green Lady
I think that picture of "Stone Henge" was contributed by the Spinal Tap Stage Design Team…

I know! You can tell because they are setting the time to 11. cool smiley
thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2022 05:19

Drumcondra 6.59am ------ 14 March 2022

ROCKMAN

Date: April 15, 2022 09:28

Drumcondra 6.36am ------ 15 April 2022

ROCKMAN

Date: April 15, 2022 16:10

It's been pissing down non stop in Australia.

Date: May 12, 2022 09:54

Drumcondra 6.57am ------ 12 May 2022

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2022 09:36

Drumcondra 7.08am ----- 12 June 2022 ................

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2022 09:41

WHAT a difference a day makes .......

Drumcondra 7.29 ----- 13 June 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2022 04:24

A beautiful 4th of July summer day down at the harbor earlier today...

Date: July 11, 2022 19:52

34° in London today, and forecast to be 36° at the weekend. Good job Hyde Park wasn't this week.

Date: August 19, 2022 07:03

Drumcondra 6.59 ----- 17 August 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 21, 2022 22:20

Green Lady
34° in London today, and forecast to be 36° at the weekend. Good job Hyde Park wasn't this week.

93°F is a pretty warm day in Louisiana but generally not considered "hot". The last two weeks of June we were in the upper 90s to low 100s for the temperature. Heat indices were from 111° to about 120° (temperature, humidity and dew point is measured in the shade so in the sun it is generally hotter, up into the 130s, as well as the heat index, which can get into the 160s - so a day that's 93° will probably be about 105° in the sun).

What is considered "hot" along the Gulf Coast tends to be an air temperature of 94 to 96°.

We don't get heat advisories until we get a heat index of 108° (there is no one degree of air temperature, to my knowledge, to cause a heat advisory because a number of different degrees can result in a heat index of 108). A majority of the United States gets a heat advisory when temperatures get to the high 80s.

The flip side is anything under 78° is cold!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 21, 2022 22:46

GasLightStreet
Green Lady

93°F is a pretty warm day in Louisiana but generally not considered "hot". The last two weeks of June we were in the upper 90s to low 100s for the temperature. Heat indices were from 111° to about 120° (temperature, humidity and dew point is measured in the shade so in the sun it is generally hotter, up into the 130s, as well as the heat index, which can get into the 160s - so a day that's 93° will probably be about 105° in the sun).

What is considered "hot" along the Gulf Coast tends to be an air temperature of 94 to 96°.

We don't get heat advisories until we get a heat index of 108° (there is no one degree of air temperature, to my knowledge, to cause a heat advisory because a number of different degrees can result in a heat index of 108). A majority of the United States gets a heat advisory when temperatures get to the high 80s.

here in western washington (there's a big difference in tempature and climate depending on whether your on the east or west side of the cascade mountains) it's hot if it's above 80 degrees

we get heat warnings if it gets above 90 degrees

also most people don't have air conditioning out here so we feel it

Date: August 22, 2022 02:35

Date: August 22, 2022 07:49

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
Green Lady

here in western washington (there's a big difference in tempature and climate depending on whether your on the east or west side of the cascade mountains) it's hot if it's above 80 degrees

Until last year I never realized people not having AC was a thing. In Louisiana it's as much as having gumbo, crawfish and crab - a must have.

Date: August 23, 2022 01:44

Drumcondra 7.00am ----- 21 August 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 23, 2022 03:04

Very nice Rocky

Date: August 23, 2022 03:13

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
Green Lady

Until last year I never realized people not having AC was a thing. In Louisiana it's as much as having gumbo, crawfish and crab - a must have.

yeah last year we got up to about 110 and a lot of people died out here sadly

folks on here from the pnw will remember last year's heat wave i'm sure

it was not pleasant

Date: August 25, 2022 05:16

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
Green Lady

it was not pleasant

That was crazy. It's happened again this year just somewhere else - Europe. It will continue to happen and at some point in more than one region at a time.

Date: August 25, 2022 05:59

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
Green Lady

it was not pleasant

That was crazy. It's happened again this year just somewhere else - Europe. It will continue to happen and at some point in more than one region at a time.

it was terrible

i spent days just laying in my yard with the dog and cats while spraying a hose up in the air over us just to keep cool

had to sleep out side to for several days because it just wasn't safe to do so in the house

and 6 of my neighbour's goats and several of my other neighbour's chickens died

but it's happening again here

not a 110 but we just had a solid week of upper 90's a short time ago at the end of june

and every other day after that has been around or well above 90 normally we don't see more then 6 days above 90 a year we're well above that now with more to come

thankfully we got a good amount of spring rain and the snowpack is good this year (we even had a white christmas) so were not really worried about bad drought conditions

at least here on the west side i have friends on the east side in naches, yakima and prosser and they say it's real bad over there for what ever we get on the west side they get 10 degrees more plus half the rain because of the rain shadow effect

i'm just hoping this heat will break in september and the cool weather and rain will start early

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-25 06:05 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 25, 2022 15:12

It looks like we're going to set another record in Seattle. Today will be th 12th day this year over 90. most since they've started keeping track. Also, it will be the warmest on this date ever, probably about 92F.

Date: August 26, 2022 07:51

Professor Wolf, I understand.

Last year for 3 days after Hurricane Ida, the temperature inside my house got up to 94 degrees F. I slept in that. It cooled down to 85 F by sunrise. I've experienced much greater temperatures in SW India but during the dry monsoon - the humidity was low (in comparison to what I'm used to, anyway).

I did finally figure out, after calming down from what I went through during the hurricane, to open my attic door. The house cooled down to about 80F. Much better.

There's a reason the people, human beings, at the National Hurricane Center, as well as the National Weather Center, and any others across the world, tell us about how hot it will be and what it will do to us and why we should go elsewhere, if possible, or figure something out hopefully.

I understand that I, along with a lot of people I know along the Gulf Coast, are exceptions and can handle the heat and humidity, we're used to it, but it's for a reason it's such a wide expanse of warning and that reason is no joke: most people can't handle heat beyond 84 F for hours on end when they should be sleeping.

Unfortunately the climate is moving towards a 94 F evening for a lot of people.

Date: August 26, 2022 09:02

yeah i get it for those of us used to a temperate climate the last couple summers have been pretty bad

i wouldn'the want to have to go thru a hurricane in the gulf that's for sure

at least it's not something we have to worry about here crazy extreme weather that is

other natural disasters on the other hand like the occasional volcanic eruption and ensuing pyroclastic flows and lahars

or a massive earthquake followed by giant tsunamis

and the reason i slept outside last summer is because when it reached 112 degrees outside

inside it was 124 degrees in the kitchen at 7pm and was 103 at midnight and still in the 80's by 6am

and this went on for three days as well

and as crholmstrom pointed out above another day in the 90's today and yesterday

but it's looking up for the weekend back to the upper 60's

and maybe some rain!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-26 09:14 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 26, 2022 10:33

Pissing it down here in the Nagar Valley,Northern Pakistan.Holed up in a Hotel because of landslides making it impossible to travel.Got my Stones on Spotify to drift away the day.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 26, 2022 15:51

Yesterday was 93F in Seattle. It was the 12th day over 90 this year which was a new record for number of days over 90 in a year. Also a record high for August 25. Today, it's 20 degrees cooler with a bit of rain expected. After a brief respite, the heat returns next week.

Posted by: ronkort ()
Date: August 27, 2022 21:53

Date: August 28, 2022 05:30

Drumcondra 6.53am ----- 26 August 2022

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home