Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37
Re: Show number 5: Newark NJ Prudential Center Dec. 15 updates
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:02

Well well well. I'll be dipped in sh$t.
They pulled it off. Keith was EPIC on Satisfaction.
I have some criticisms, sure, but that was great.
LOVED Mick T. right in the middle on the final bow.
Night all.

Posted by: antonyvonne ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:03

The best is : i recorded it .

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:04

Thank´s Mick Taylor,
i think, i´m back in the MT Decade.
I´ve seen him many times, sometimes very bad. But tonight i remember the great Guitarplaying of the Stones Concerts in your Decade....................My eyes are closed, but i can here your playing very clear. Especial the Slideguitarparts!
Absolutly a Great Moment

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:04

Another one watching in Australia - loved it. And Gaga can sing - I couldn't stop laughing at/with her - she is a scream. First time I ever heard her, and that outfit was totally mad. What an eccentric character.Thoroughly entertaining. It was indeed all about the guitars. Rambler was fantastic! All of them played really well, and as for Jagger, the man is one of a kind. A total freak. How does he do it?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:08

sweet neo con

l found this free online

[www.vipbox.tv]

Nice to read that people seem to be happy about the concert.

[For my own part I discovered the quoted possibility a little late, and after that I did not handle it right. Obtained sound for a while, but not picture, and then trying in vain to obtain picture, I instead lost the sound too. Rather heavily frustrated now, but must try to forget.]

I heard all of Midnight Rambler though before I lost the sound.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:08

EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
The title for the greatest rock & roll band in the world EVER remains undisputed.

Pissed with the prices and irritated by so many warhorses

and you saw it for free!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:10

sanQ
Mick Jagger totally blew off Mick Taylor at the end when he had his arms raised.

Is Mick Jagger still going to be that full of himself? I sure hope not...I really didn't like that very much. Power tripping maybe.

I didn't read it that way at all. Each band member was just walking about the stage waving to the crowd. At first, for a split second, I did think that MT had his arms raised as if to high five MJ--maybe that's what you were referring to? But then MT moved across the stage with arms raised acknowledging the crowd, it wasn't a slight by Mick. MT was allowed in for the final bow--I think that's MJ giving MT major props in that gesture alone.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:10

UGot2Rollme
C'mon,
Lady Gaga was the gorrilla of an otherwise fantastic show. I really think she scared Mick a few times, and even Charlie was laughing. That said, most of Gaga's vox were pretty good and at least she followed the arrangement for the most part (unlike Blige in BKLYN)

So even though her 'vox' was pretty good and she 'followed the arrangement' - she was still the 'gorilla of the show?
lol
Cmon!
If her voice was good and she was faithful to the original song - than she was good. Period.
And just a note: That female vocal part is a tough thing: it's ungodly high and even Clayton was shrill. That's what made it sound haunting. IMO, Lisa is too clean, polished. The song needs that edge of slight discordance.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:12

Great show!

Don't have much to add, as my brain is shutting down for the night as it's 5:09am here in the U.K.

Agree with the posts that if this was the last show / run of shows, then it is a spectacular way to bow out...

However, I'm sure there will be more gigs next year.

It's been a great few weeks to be a stones fan. Going to the two O2 shows, staying up and watching the 121212 gig earlier this week, and, tonight, watching the last show of this mini-tour live online. Fabulous...

Goodnight all!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Gazza ()

Very enjoyable night.

The Stones did very well and the guests were fun.

Why take Gaga so serious? I laughed all the way through her performance. She brought a good deal...
And yes, I think even the mighty Jagger was scared of her at times. There was a close-up of her when they were standing close together, and she looked like a bruiser. I've noticed about her that while she is a pretty good musician, as a performer and pop icon she has no grace at all; no elegance. She is in your face, over the top; like a loud cartoon. Sort of like Kiss. She is the new Kiss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 07:15 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: December 16, 2012 07:15

Palace Revolution 2000
Why take Gaga so serious? I laughed all the way through her performance. She brought a good deal...
And yes, I think even the mighty Jagger was scared of her at times. There was a close-up of her when they were standing close together, and she looked like a bruiser.

Me too. I dont care for her (although I respect the fact that shes got talent) but it was harmless fun. She looked like a stick of licquorice. People take this shit way too seriously.

I also think she'd kick Mick's arse! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 07:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:20

Witness
sweet neo con

l found this free online

[www.vipbox.tv]

[For my own part I discovered the quoted possibility a little late, and after that I did not handle it right. Obtained sound for a while, but not picture, and then trying in vain to obtain picture, I instead lost the sound too. Rather heavily frustrated now, but must try to forget.]

Try that link again! winking smiley they're repeating the stream.
AdBlock is good way to get rid of unwanted clutter.

>>And Gaga can sing - I couldn't stop laughing at/with her - she is a scream. First time I ever heard her, and that outfit was totally mad. What an eccentric character<<

+1 Rotflmao

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:21

That was seriously amazing. Lady G was better than I expected (and that outfit was a hoot - how did she manage not to fall over in those shoes?) John Mayer, Gary Clark and the Black Keys were great. It did seem for a while that Keith and Ronnie were taking a bit of a back seat at times, but when all the guests had done their party pieces and the Stones' own guitars (I include MT here) stepped up, the level just went up several notches. I'll happily hear as many warhorses as they like, when they play them like this. Bruce was obviously thrilled to be there, but it was odd to hear the King of Hard Work getting hoarse while Mick was still in fine form - I didn't think he added much to the song.

Collectively, these five shows have been a bloody miracle - the band we thought was dead just won't lie down! And it's all right now...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:22

OneHit
The show made up my mind about next year, will go as far and spend as much as nessessary.

Don't say that too loud... Chuck_Leavell's wife my hear you and report the good news to the band...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:22

Only down part was a fan in the pit holding up a license plate as if the band was suppose to stop the show to acknowledge him.

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:23

Amazing show!

I have some photos I'd like to share. I can figure out how to post to a link on the web, but what if you want to post a photo stored locally? Sorry - I don't usually post that much. Thank you for your help!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:24

I am so very lucky to have been there tonight!

Thanks, Rolling Stones... fantastic night...
Blackdog... Wonderful... so generous of you... Thank you!

Hope you enjoy that drawing! I'm happy to have given it to you!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:26

John Mayer and Gary Clark rocked.... I loved all those guitars.

Posted by: dangerous beauty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:26

I was pleasently surprised by Lady Gaga, I got a bit worried when it looked like she was going to pass out and Mick held her up for a second, then her energy level shot back up... unsettling really.

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:28

I couldn't agree more. then again, he doesn't belong to that stage tonight, nor Ga Ga girl or the good BK
carlorossi
superrevvy
Too bad he doesn't care a bit more about finally re-paying some of the huge
debt he owes the Stones.

OK, I've read a few posts here about Springsteen, and I don't get the hate. Seriously, I'm not a big fan, own none of his albums, and he has a few songs that annoy me. Keith was partly right when he said that his music was "too overblown". But his catalogue is so vast, it's peppered with good and great songs. He's a hell of a performer, and it's mostly just rock 'n roll. And as far as appreciating the Stones, he's covered them on a number of occasions. There's an awful version of Street Fighting Man floating around somewhere from the '80s. I'm not trolling for Bruce haters, but many seem to put him in the same league as Lady Gaga, and he deserves better for sure.

Date: December 16, 2012 07:34

vodolngr
Two of my musical heroes on one stage... Bruce and the Stones! Great song for Bruce to join the band on.

I thought it was an odd choice of song, myself. Enjoyed it but I think they could have picked a different song (Bruce with the Stones on 'Who Do Ya Love' would have taken the roof off the place).

Was great to finally see them on the same stage, though.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:35

What a show! I felt a bit odd though following the show out of a recliner, very different from being there live in Brooklyn last week. I am glad I went to Brooklyn to see them, but seeing the PPV was a whole different thing... so much value for so little money! (It helps that I have a 120" screen too). The quality of the internet stream was really perfect, had only two-three really short dropouts.
Gaga was crazy cartoonish, definitely interesting but still would have preferred only Lisa on GS. Was nice to see Bruce but didn't care so much about his contribution. All the other guests were great, guitars everywhere! After Brooklyn I thought "this can be the last time and I'm good with that" but now I think I want to see them again if they are still able to perform at the same level!

Date: December 16, 2012 07:36

trainarollin
Only down part was a fan in the pit holding up a license plate as if the band was suppose to stop the show to acknowledge him.

Did you see the guy with the Happy Birthday sign for Keith during 'Sympathy'. He put it ON the catwalk to make sure Keith saw it. He kinda looked down and half nodded as if to say 'yeah, ok eye rolling smiley ' and then turned the other way. Hilarious.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:37

Gimme Shelter w/ GaGa needs to be on YouTube very soon smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:38

open-g
Witness
sweet neo con

l found this free online

[www.vipbox.tv]

Try that link again! winking smiley they're repeating the stream.
AdBlock is good way to get rid of unwanted clutter.

>>And Gaga can sing - I couldn't stop laughing at/with her - she is a scream. First time I ever heard her, and that outfit was totally mad. What an eccentric character<<

+1 Rotflmao

Thank you for the advice.

But in my desperation to obtain sound and picture I got mixed up in so much downloading that I first rejected and then accepted. And even repeated. To no effect. So now I dare not risk my computer.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:39

Glad to have this on my DVR. Highlight fav. Who do you love was great. Stones cant stop now, best in years!!! Hope they are really enjoying it.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:40

excellant show totally awsome everyone was great only bad part was Lady Gagga she was horrible. Hopefully they will do a full tour next year I see no reason why they can't.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:42

...oh, and PAINT IT BLACK was excellent, really got the show cooking. Played perfectly.

Posted by: sproullie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:43

fantastic playing keef/ronnie charlie darryl. sound blew on ppv.
hbo msg last tour i believe much better sound quality.
maybe my cablevision sucks?

keef workin the bruce vest look. bruce kissing keef. doesn't get better for this mega stones/bruce fan. think bruce wanted to just play w/ the band and ease into the singing. you know even for guests, it's like you looking at jagger...hard to handle even if you are big.

taylor amazing and the bows at end made me happy. mayer and carter and black keys were great additions. not sure if gaga was really that good at singing but she had some crazy performance quality which was interesting.

just want a real tour and more $100-150 tiks in circulation for metro nyc 2013. Dead Flowers great. Enough w/ the warhorses. Put Sway in there and other off the beaten path tracks. Someone mentioned different Keef songs. I agree. Let him diverge from Happy. Mick even addressed CT tragedy before Wild Horses. Beautiful night....classy performances!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home