Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick Jagger Sparks Controversy With Joke
Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:10

bv
With six hours of music and emotional stories the joke Mick did was absolutely harmless and true English humour. I guess it takes a bit of intelligence, humour and ironly to understand it. I feel sorry for people who have nothing else to do than make fame from absolutely nothing, at the cost of others. Keep it up Mick!
Well said. Maybe I'm biased as I'm English but don't understand what all the fuss is about. Enjoy the show. Oh it's raining here in London!

Date: December 15, 2012 20:48

michelle malkin is a nitwit, no one with brains in their noggins listens to her anyway

last summer / fall and even in november i recall that there were massive floods in Britain, Wales, Scotland etc causing extensive damage to homes and businesses. but compared to the coverage (here, at least) of New York and New Jersey from Sandy, well, there fucken wasn't any

maybe jagger had this in mind. I sure did.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:55

I don't know if using understatement is strictly British humour but you do hear it a lot in Britain, I think used to try and take the painful edge off things, I remember older army relatives of mine referring to battles in WWII and later Korea as 'a bit of a ding-dong"
Also, motorway pileups as "a jolly fine mess".............
and a £10 pound hooker as "needing a bit of a wash"..................>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:01 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:05

I am pretty certain that Jagger wouldn't have been at the Benefit if he weren't already in the area for the PPV, sort of as a marketing tie-in, like his appearance on the Letterman Show.

Still give him credit for playing a couple of songs and making some headlines.

With him it doesn't matter as long as you spell his name right.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:11

It rained an awful lot in Britain this year (about the only time it stopped was for the Olympics!). We had quite extensive flooding on several occasions - nothing on the Sandy scale, but people died, and people lost homes and businesses. Major natural disasters are super-rare in the UK, but that's no consolation if it's your house that just got swept away.

Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:39

I am not even sure there are that many popular American rock artists who regularly played England, like the Stones and Who played in the USA.

Is Springsteen a big star in UK? I doubt it. What American performers could play in England and raise a lot of money for a charity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 21:40 by mitchmitchell.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:46

As a tax dodger Sir Michael doesn't spend that much time in Britain; he isn't allowed to. He is truly a citizen of the world. Especially those parts of the world where taxation is very minimal.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:50

"What American performers could play in England and raise a lot of money for a charity?"

Springsteen, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel. Not saying I like all of these acts but I don't think their popularity is limited to America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:24 by FrankM.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:17

FrankM
"What American performers could play in England and raise a lot of money for a charity?

Springsteen, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel. Not saying I like all of these acts but I don't think their popularity is limited to America.

Springsteen headlined Glastonbury didn't he? Britain's biggest festival. Madonna's huge here. Also the Beach boys would go down well on a bill. Alice Cooper. Iggy Pop. Eminem. Neil - Canadian - Young, Bob Dylan..........Lou Reed...there's few more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:18 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:22

this comment didn't bother me at all, the one about the ticket prices and there being "no cheap seats" did bother me. i don't think it's cool to be laughing at the very people who bought you're overpriced tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 22:22 by mnewman505.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:23

Yeah I forgot about Dylan. For some reason Britain has produced most of the greatest bands of all time but America has produced most of the greatest solo artists of all time.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:26

FrankM
Yeah I forgot about Dylan. For some reason Britain has produced most of the greatest bands of all time but America has produced most of the greatest solo artists of all time.

Plus holograms of the Doors & Jimi Hendrix...............smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home