Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Clapton and F. Welch confirmed!
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:01

Just saw it on the Stones App.

Also here :

[www.metro.co.uk]

Re: Clapton and F. Welch confirmed!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:03

..Shitstorm Warning Ahead !

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:04

I'm glad Clapton is in London and not NYC, and happier he's in place of Beck.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:08

From the Stones App as breaking news :

ERIC CLAPTON AND FLORENCE WELCH TO JOIN THE ROLLING STONES ON STAGE

THURSDAY 29 NOVEMBER, LONDON O2 ARENA

The Rolling Stones have announced that guitar legend Eric Clapton and British singer/ Florence and the Machine front-woman Florence Welch will be joining the band on stage for their second “50 and Counting” concert at London’s O2 Arena on Thursday 29 November.

This exciting news follows the special appearances of Jeff Beck and Mary J. Blige on Sunday night, as the Stones kicked off their five-concert run in London.

The Rolling Stones’ concert on Sunday – the band’s first in over five years – featured hits and classics such as ‘Jumping Jack Flash’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ and ‘Paint It Black’ as well as two new songs, ‘Doom & Gloom’ and ‘One More Shot’.

The Stones will continue the “50 and Counting” shows with three dates in the USA - Brooklyn Barclay Center on December 8 and two nights at Newark’s Prudential Center on December 13 & 15.

The final show on the 15th will be telecast live via pay-per-view at 9pm ET. The pay-per-view entitled “One More Shot” will be distributed by WWE.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:09

Too bad for those who missed that rumbling "Going Down", wonder what they're going to play with Clapton...Brown Sugar ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:14

Little Red Rooster? (as per Wembley Stadium)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:18

Welch will sing Gimme Shelter for sure. She's got the screechy voice for it. Let's hope she's putting in some long hours practice.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:27

Clapton: Little Red Rooster or Champagne and Refer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:34

gotdablouse
Too bad for those who missed that rumbling "Going Down", wonder what they're going to play with Clapton...Brown Sugar ?

<<< Too bad for those who missed that rumbling "Going Down" >>>

Was it just me, or did Beck contribute very little other than just several minutes of relentless wailing on that friggin' whammy bar at a volume that totally overpowered Keith and Ronnie ?

Didn't do much for me ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:39

Absolutely. Clear evidence as to why Ronnie got the job instead of JB! Going Down was a poor song choice I thought because there is not much of a lyric for Jagger to work with. It is a tune they all know - Keith played it at that Barcelona Guitar thing. Better would have been Superstitious (Steve Wonder, written for Jcool smiley, I Ain't Superstitious (Howlin' Wolf) or even a medley of the two!

Posted by: grant ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:46

Clapton is a good and worthy choice, he was part the 1960's London rnb scene and part of the Stones circle.
Not sure where Florence Welch fits in to all this, does she actually own any Stones records ?
Would have been nice to have had Merry Clayton doing the vocal on GS, (wishfull thinking).

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:52

Woopee @#$%& doo. Not sure what's worse, Clapton or Beck

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:57

Gazza
..Shitstorm Warning Ahead !

I hope they do Lay Down Sally with him! That'd be neat.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:04

gotdablouse

Beck was electifying on Sunday tho' I accept it wasn't to everyone's taste. Bordered on Heavy Metal!

winking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:09

You could be surprised; Florence did a great Not Fade Away on a Buddy Holly tribute album. It had a Dr John Gris Gris vibe to it.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:13

I vote for "The Core"

Good rhythm for Keith and some good leads for Eric and Ronnie. Nice keyboard slotting and even places for female singing parts. Plus it is a great song.

Date: November 28, 2012 16:20

They could both guest on Gimme Shelter?

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:25

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Was it just me, or did Beck contribute very little other than just several minutes of relentless wailing on that friggin' whammy bar at a volume that totally overpowered Keith and Ronnie ?

He was mixed higher than Keith & Ronnie (as was Taylor i think).
You're right, it didn't really 'fit', but i enjoyed because of its ridiculousness compared to the suitableness of the Stones.

Date: November 28, 2012 16:31

LastStopThisTown
paulywaul
gotdablouse

You're right, it didn't really 'fit', but i enjoyed because of its ridiculousness compared to the suitableness of the Stones.

Taylor wasn't really that loud, at least not as loud as one might think after watching the YT-clips.

Beck was horrendously loud, imo.

Posted by: Cineplexed ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:33

Both Ronnie and Keith are more interesting guitar players at this point in their careers than the over-rated Clapton. I don't understand why the Stones feel it makes the evening any more special to have these guests. The Stones makes it special. Why else pay top $$$$$.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:36

Cineplexed
Both Ronnie and Keith are more interesting guitar players at this point in their careers than the over-rated Clapton. I don't understand why the Stones feel it makes the evening any more special to have these guests. The Stones makes it special. Why else pay top $$$$$.

+1 thumbs up

sc uk

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:37

i look at it more as the stones guesting with clapton...yeah...that works for me.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:38

They should get some proper rockers out. Angus & Malcolm and do Baby Please Don't Go or something

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:39

DandelionPowderman
LastStopThisTown
paulywaul
gotdablouse

Taylor wasn't really that loud, at least not as loud as one might think after watching the YT-clips.

Beck was horrendously loud, imo.

IMO use earplugs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:41

What's about Dick Taylor?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:41

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Me neither.....much too loud,indulgent and overpowering.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:52

I thought Beck was absolutely thrilling. Clapton is a stupefying bore.

Why oh why couldn't it have been Jimmy Page. Maybe he was invited but turned them down.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:20

Not a fan of Clapton, and never heard of the chick.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:52

andy js
Woopee @#$%& doo. Not sure what's worse, Clapton or Beck

Taylor and Wyman are worst

Date: November 28, 2012 18:58

NedKellyBandit
Clapton: Little Red Rooster or Champagne and Refer

Good guesses there.

Cric Elapton might do one of those.

I wish John Lee Hooker was still around though.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home