Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 44
Re: Mick tonight : "We're all from round here..."
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:15

Yeah Mick's mellowing out in his older years, nothing wrong with that, makes him look more human too. Like when he thanks the fans at mini-Trabendo, in interviews or at the O2. Sure he's always gone through the "thank you", "you"re wonderful", etc...motions but I think he really means it now.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:49

sweet neo con
kowalski
Mick Jagger tonight: "We're all from round here, Florence [Welch] is from Dulwich, the posh bit. Keith & I grew up in Dartford, you still got that Bo Diddley record I gave you?" (from twitter)

Did he really say this? Quite unexpected nostalgic words from him...

probably for the upcoming dvd.....like when he and keith sang from the same mike at the beacon. planned.

well, yeah, Mick does plan what he does, regardless of any dvd, he is a showman, pretty good at it, he doesn't just go on stage and see what happens.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:52

Even if it's scriped, it's a great line. They're glad to be from round here, they're glad to be from round anywhere.

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:09

stonesfrkk
71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele
stonesfrkk
71Tele
How was Rambler compared to Sunday?
Don't worry 71Tele, I'm sure it was alot better. Looking at Stellea Mcartney's photo, there was no Marshall on the stage. When everybody is playing really clean amps like the tweed's and vibro king's you don't come out with a marshall,that was part of MT problem with the over kill.Sorry to say i was actually really nice about MT performance but i do know the Taylor freaks very well,I lived with one for 10 years, it's nothing but tunnel vision,it's all about Taylor and that's it bottom line like someone said in one of the threads the Taylor freak is a whole other animal all together. It's actually very sad you MT freaks are all the same it's all about him and no body else.Don't get me wrong i love the Tayor area, but it's not all about Taylor look were he is in his career according to where the Stones are. It's a no brainer,Keef rules and that's about how the story of the Stones is. MT is a hired hand that plays really good leads and at that period in time it was perfect for the Stones with all the guitar wars going on in those days. The Stones are brillant at all the moves they have made through out the years MT would of never made it in the mid to late seventies are concerned with the punk movement Woody was the perfect replacement Sorry MT fanatics that's the way it rolls!

Really, save all those completely unoriginal opinions for the next Taylor/Wood debate. I am simply enjoying Taylor playing with the band again.
One thing though 71Tele unoriginal opinions? Then who's opinions are they? Are you a phychic now? What's your 800 number?

Just that the whole "Taylor would have never made the punk transition", "Taylor" was a hired hand" arguments have been made here ad nauseam (as if Wood wasn't a hired hand). Sorry it bothered you that I pointed that out. Its not only that it gets old, it presents an inacurrately one-dimensional view of the contribution he made the the band's music, which is obvious if you just listen to the records. Also completely irrelevant t the post of mine you responded to. But thanks for "letting" me enjoy it anyway.
Your welcome and if i'm not mistaken,Woody get's an eqivalent pay to what Charlie get's live not sure on that but it might be even split with the four. I'm not that much up to date on it though i'm sure Gazza would know.By the way Woody is a member of the Rolling Stones he is'nt hired help.

He was hired help originally, and they took about 17 years to make him an official member. But I was not really interested in a Taylor/Wood debate - just correcting your misstatements of fact. After all, you thought Taylor was playing through a Marshall.
Yes i did and it sure looked like it to me,especially when he raised his hand and told his guitar tech to turn it all the $%#$@$% way up and played all over the whole song just completly massacuring the whole song after i've went through the song 20 times it was a disgrace to tell you the truth and people here saying it was like 73 what the hell are you guys smoking? There was a point in the song where he sounded like himself in the late 9:45 to 9:50 moment that's it other then that he had a few good lick's but it was a very unprofessional performance,and that's the thing Taylor freaks don't get he's a washed up dude i've seen him a few times solo and left half way through i even left when the highlight was" Can't You Hear Me Knockin" That's unfortunatly how bad it was but i thought we were going to give this a rest and enjoy him on stage but you keep going to get your browny point's to the all inclusive Taylor site freaks that has a whole 1,000 members you guy's are sure roughing it good luck.

please argue with yourself - not interested.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:14

bv
Florence Welch! She was all over Mick during Gimme Shelter! She almost ate him alive! And what a voice that red dressed woman had!

hehehe - Now bv, I know that you fancy Ronnie in the sexy department (according to recently revealed video evidence), but I think most people given Florence's position would have behaved similarly. I know I would have! Not many get the chance she had, lucky girl.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:16

Just got home.

Well, it wasn't an accident on Sunday, it wasn't a fluke - they did it again, and in some places they did it better.

I'm not consulting the rest of the thread first, so I may have things out of order.

Get Off Of My Cloud is a livelier opener than I Wanna Be Your Man, which was fine in second spot - they went to town a bit more on IWBYM with Ronnie's solo and so on. The Last Time instead of It's All Over Now, then Paint it Black.

Mick joking that they had to pay $100,000 fine for running late - That's like - TEN seats!

Gimme Shelter - Florence did a much better (and much LOUDER) job than Mary J - very in-your-face with Mick.

They have mixed the set up a bit so that Miss You comes earlier, before the big high of Mick Taylor's appearance, and that works much better. They cut Wild Horses and gave us Lady Jane instead. I enjoyed that, but half my block seemed to think it was the perfect time for a bathroom break. Philistines!

And that was quite a Live With Me, too. Looking forward to the video of that. No All Down The Line, the tribute video was shown during LWM.

Guest spot with Eric Clapton on Champagne & Reefer - Keith also doing quite a long solo on this. I'll say here that Keith looks much more relaxed tonight - on Sunday he seemed almost hesitant at first, concentrating on his playing - tonight smiling much more and sounding great. However, later on in the set, round about the Tumbling Dice mark, he started to look very tired for two or three numbers and I think something went amiss with TD. All was well again by Sympathy time, though.Bill on IORR and HTW again.

The new songs - OMS sounding better than Sunday, and D&G not so good. Band Intros with "Ronnie Wedding Bells Wood" - so it must be true. Keith's spot - straight through at a cracking pace and everything working beautifully! Mick Taylor again on Midnight Rambler - and to my ears an even better one than Sunday's. Then straight out of Mick T's appearance into Start me Up to kick off the big run of warhorses. It was at this point that Keith started to look a bit tired for a couple of numbers.

But Sympathy fine again, and tonight we had time for Satisfaction. And nice to see at the end of Satisfaction Mick and Keith together going out onto the tongue ramp to finish the number. and nice to see Mick T joining the final bow at the end. He also got a hug from Keith and Ronnie when he came on for MR, and a BIG hug from Charlie at the end of the show.

I was up in the rafters this time so was able to watch all the videos - the JJF one had a kind of montage of fans through the ages, ending with live shots of the crowd in the pit - Beast, I spotted you...

Sadly when I tried to stand up early in the show I got sharply prodded by an elderly gent behind me, so I stayed sat until SMU, when I realised that all the row behind me had now decided they would stand after all, so I did, too.

Boy, am I looking forward to sorting out the videos for this one! Enjoyed the show very much despite the distant view (Note to Gazza: I am of course LYING!) Now I'm off to read the thread and see what's been going on.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()

bv
Luckily my hotel bar had not closed when I arrived from my endless journey on the Jubilee Line. Wembley Park seemed so far away. Still I made it. So I enjoyed my Starbucks "grande" coffee from the O2 on the tube, and my first beer of the day in the hotel bar, a pint of bitter please!

Now I will write up some of my memories from this show. Don't know how to express myself, I am speechless, but I hope I can make it. At least I have 93 photos in my camera that tells a part of the story, and a great set list of 23 songs!

Eric Clapton! What a true gentleman! So nice and great with our band! Florence Welch! She was all over Mick during Gimme Shelter! She almost ate him alive! And what a voice that red dressed woman had! And Bill! And Mick Taylor! I think this will be another late night, but my flight home isn't until 1pm tomorrow so no worries, I will even get some sleep tonight!
Congrats bv i know how it feels after the show's it's like a drug you can't explain. I remember writing after show's on iorr after some of the ABB tour in Europe it was the best high in the world! How did you like this show as opposed to the last show and how was MT's performance?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Looking forward to reading your report bv but have a rest first, I remember how I felt on Sunday night, drained !

Sorry to go against the grain but I'm not terribly impressed by that Florence woman in the GS video that was posted? The singing almost seems off-key at times, certainly not the same voice as Mary J. Blige? Can't say Keith did a lot better than on Sunday either, still too many bum notes, I guess he's going to have to simplify GS even more going forward, oh well...

PS - a few problems with the stickies bv and a setlist thread got merged in the drop topic too?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 03:17 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:18

CindyC
Finally - someone posted G.S. I haven't even listen yet. Too excited to share!

[www.youtube.com]

Did she gave a kiss to Charlie as well? (last seconds on the video)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 03:18 by kowalski.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:19

ok, just finished watching. that was adorable! she was genuinely psyched to be up there with the boys! I loved how she hugged them all and was so happy about it. Dream come true for another Rolling Stones fan! Extremely happy for her.
smiling bouncing smiley

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:21

Gimme Shelter - different video. Looks it was a highlight of the show tonight...

Start Me Up

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 03:25 by kowalski.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:21

Amplifier education and my guess: It was Jeff first that played through the Marshall amp that was clearly visible onstage. Also, typically... the Les Paul is a great match to the Marshall so Taylor may have used it. Or Ronnie even. The Fender tweed baseman amp was basically designed after the early Marshalls. The tweed twins and especially the vibro-kings when turned past 5 is not a clean sound nor is the baseman amp. Turn any of these amps the axe players use wide open like they do, and wha la! Grungy, dirty, Stonesy rock & roll tones. Both Marshall and Fender amps can produce the cleaner tones too. Then to confuse things more, the weavers use both single coil and humbucking PU's. Even Taylor used a Strat on some recordings. If they were all wireless, it's gonna be hard to tell who played through what and on which songs. If it was onstage, odds are it was used or obviously at least offered.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:22

kowalski
[Did she gave a kiss to Charlie as well? (last seconds on the video)

It looks like she tried!

Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:26

Holy smoke, a-ma-zing solo by Ronniw on YCAGWTW!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:28

DANG!!! Florence!!! .... GOOD RED!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:31

proudmary
dubclub
There are a lot of different miss you live versions.
I really love the version Mick played at the White House.....

there is no point in arguing with ignorance of Keitheies. They hate the Mick's song and they keep repeating it million times.sick and tired of them

This Keithie doesn't hate it - at least not when it's as good a live version as we got tonight. Has anyone else commented on how much Darryl is being allowed to show off on this one - a BASS SOLO on a Stones number? Maybe it's his consolation for having to give his spot to Bill for a couple of numbers. But it works really well, and Mick is great too - this is a thousand miles away from the boring versions we got when they were using it to ride to the B-Stage on the last tour.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:35

Start Me Up

Oh man, Ronnie's part cracks me up. I don't care how many bum notes he hits while running around, he is making everyone's night... Honestly, his solo is the highlight of that song for me every time and prettymuch the only reason I ever listen to the song on bootlegs.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:37

Green Lady
proudmary
dubclub
There are a lot of different miss you live versions.
I really love the version Mick played at the White House.....

there is no point in arguing with ignorance of Keitheies. They hate the Mick's song and they keep repeating it million times.sick and tired of them

This Keithie doesn't hate it - at least not when it's as good a live version as we got tonight. Has anyone else commented on how much Darryl is being allowed to show off on this one - a BASS SOLO on a Stones number? Maybe it's his consolation for having to give his spot to Bill for a couple of numbers. But it works really well, and Mick is great too - this is a thousand miles away from the boring versions we got when they were using it to ride to the B-Stage on the last tour.

Actually, this is nothing new. At the "free" concert in Rio de Janeiro in 2006 on the ABB tour, he was allowed an extensive jazzy bass solo in Rain Fall Down, and in fact on the Voodoo Lounge album they were "showing off" his bass chops on quite a few numbers such as I Go Wild. Here's the video from Copacabana Beach and Darryl's solo begins at 2:49:

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:39

Just got through reading all the concert posts, sorry I missed the online users party tonight. Thanks for the running commentary...some of it funny, some moving, some ridiculous, but exciting to read it, almost as good as being there. It seems the boys are sounding good. I look forward to reading more and seeing all the pictures and videos tomorrow.

Can't wait for the Dec. 15 show, wish I could see the next two, but this place is the next best thing. Thank you to everyone, BV especially, and save my spot in the online user pit for the next show!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 03:57 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:44

Is Keithies a word?

Date: November 30, 2012 03:45

Munichhilton
Is Keithies a word?
I thought it was Keitherians

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:46

Munichhilton
Is Keithies a word?

My best laugh for the night, courtesy of proudmary. I don't know Munichhilton, is Keithies a word? I've been saying it fast over and over and cracking myself up! Don't try it though after a few glasses of wine...

Date: November 30, 2012 03:52

so you really don't know sheit

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:53

Green Lady
Just got home.

Well, it wasn't an accident on Sunday, it wasn't a fluke - they did it again, and in some places they did it better.

I'm not consulting the rest of the thread first, so I may have things out of order.

Get Off Of My Cloud is a livelier opener than I Wanna Be Your Man, which was fine in second spot - they went to town a bit more on IWBYM with Ronnie's solo and so on. The Last Time instead of It's All Over Now, then Paint it Black.

Mick joking that they had to pay $100,000 fine for running late - That's like - TEN seats!

Gimme Shelter - Florence did a much better (and much LOUDER) job than Mary J - very in-your-face with Mick.

They have mixed the set up a bit so that Miss You comes earlier, before the big high of Mick Taylor's appearance, and that works much better. They cut Wild Horses and gave us Lady Jane instead. I enjoyed that, but half my block seemed to think it was the perfect time for a bathroom break. Philistines!

And that was quite a Live With Me, too. Looking forward to the video of that. No All Down The Line, the tribute video was shown during LWM.

Guest spot with Eric Clapton on Champagne & Reefer - Keith also doing quite a long solo on this. I'll say here that Keith looks much more relaxed tonight - on Sunday he seemed almost hesitant at first, concentrating on his playing - tonight smiling much more and sounding great. However, later on in the set, round about the Tumbling Dice mark, he started to look very tired for two or three numbers and I think something went amiss with TD. All was well again by Sympathy time, though.Bill on IORR and HTW again.

The new songs - OMS sounding better than Sunday, and D&G not so good. Band Intros with "Ronnie Wedding Bells Wood" - so it must be true. Keith's spot - straight through at a cracking pace and everything working beautifully! Mick Taylor again on Midnight Rambler - and to my ears an even better one than Sunday's. Then straight out of Mick T's appearance into Start me Up to kick off the big run of warhorses. It was at this point that Keith started to look a bit tired for a couple of numbers.

But Sympathy fine again, and tonight we had time for Satisfaction. And nice to see at the end of Satisfaction Mick and Keith together going out onto the tongue ramp to finish the number. and nice to see Mick T joining the final bow at the end. He also got a hug from Keith and Ronnie when he came on for MR, and a BIG hug from Charlie at the end of the show.

I was up in the rafters this time so was able to watch all the videos - the JJF one had a kind of montage of fans through the ages, ending with live shots of the crowd in the pit - Beast, I spotted you...

Sadly when I tried to stand up early in the show I got sharply prodded by an elderly gent behind me, so I stayed sat until SMU, when I realised that all the row behind me had now decided they would stand after all, so I did, too.

Boy, am I looking forward to sorting out the videos for this one! Enjoyed the show very much despite the distant view (Note to Gazza: I am of course LYING!) Now I'm off to read the thread and see what's been going on.

Thanks for the great review.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:53

The 'sickness' is in full swing now. Got an extra browser window open on Youtube searching latest uploaded Stones videos, hitting refresh every 5 minutes, lol.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:56

gotdablouse
People, that picture is from Dave Hogan on Getty !!!
-> [www.gettyimages.fr]

BUSTED!!!!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 30, 2012 04:01

winter
The 'sickness' is in full swing now. Got an extra browser window open on Youtube searching latest uploaded Stones videos, hitting refresh every 5 minutes, lol.

Someone put up the intro and first minute or so of Get Off My Cloud.

Date: November 30, 2012 04:04

Green Lady
Just got home.

Thank you GL for taking time to write your review for us so quick.
What a great time time London has been having for the last several years...smileys with beer

PS
One tip for your video thread.... Maybe do a double post to start with, so you can dedicate the first post to only the videos... and use the 2nd post, right below it, to edit as you wish.... maybe adding review links or or posting "2nd best videos" or soemthing. That keeps the 1st main post just the show... of course it is just a suggestion... it is all yours.

Of course that is just a suggestion, it is all yours...
I only suggested becasue you only get a chance to own (and be able to edit) the first 2 posts in a thread at creation... then everyone comes in.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 04:04

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Is Keithies a word?
I thought it was Keitherians

That seems like the king's English although you'd be hard pressed to use it with the Charlie camp...

Max will find a way.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: November 30, 2012 04:05

Any video of Lady Jane?thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 04:08 by BJPortugal.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home