Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:20

carlorossi
frozengold
No I don't, just some boggie woggie runs here and there

OK, he's not that "present" usually, but when he is, there is an uproar on this board, that's all I was referring to. His sound (as opposed to his skill) really gets to folks in a bad way. Your post is funny (in a good way) because most here will agree with your opinion that they should get rid of him, but they will disagree that you can't hear him. Do a search on this forum for the words "plink", "plonk" and "plinkety". You'll learn all you need to know. :-)

Edit #1: Read the post above mine here for confirmation!

I don't think the Stones need a keyboardplayer, maybee in the studio. But I liked Nicky Hopkins bluesy stile.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:21

frozengold
Jelly Face Joe
Mick Taylor's "false notes" and "bad timing" should allow him to mesh perfectly with the false notes and bad timing of Keith and Ronnie.

Yeah, but he don't do it gracefully. Besides Keith probably has the best timing any guitarist around got.

Keith ain't what he once was, but it's not easy holding Rambler together with the ryhthm changes. Taylor, in his "happy feet" state, made it more difficult for everyone on Sunday, and I really hope he got to hear what he played on Sunday so that he could correct it for tonight. He wasn't too loud, that can be controlled by the engineers, just too quick to speed up his own tempo, while the band remained locked in. Unfortunately, that usually sounds bad.

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:25

It is a shame that Mick T was shunned by Keith and Ronnie. They left him out there on his owm. They cowered by the drum kit like kids on the corner cupping their cigarettes when one their mother's walked by.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:26

carlorossi
frozengold
Jelly Face Joe
Mick Taylor's "false notes" and "bad timing" should allow him to mesh perfectly with the false notes and bad timing of Keith and Ronnie.

Yeah, but he don't do it gracefully. Besides Keith probably has the best timing any guitarist around got.

Keith ain't what he once was, but it's not easy holding Rambler together with the ryhthm changes. Taylor, in his "happy feet" state, made it more difficult for everyone on Sunday, and I really hope he got to hear what he played on Sunday so that he could correct it for tonight. He wasn't too loud, that can be controlled by the engineers, just too quick to speed up his own tempo, while the band remained locked in. Unfortunately, that usually sounds bad.

I totally agree with you, hope he is better tonight.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:32

Jelly Face Joe
It is a shame that Mick T was shunned by Keith and Ronnie. They left him out there on his owm. They cowered by the drum kit like kids on the corner cupping their cigarettes when one their mother's walked by.

They didn't shunnedTaylor. They always stand together by the drum kit during Midnight Rambler. Mick Taylor on the other hand didn't look cool the way he had "happy feat". Now I understand why he always stod still in the old days.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:33

he wasnt shuned,they let him have the spot light,were do people come up with this stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 05:34 by backstreetboy1.

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:36

gotdablouse

Credit - Dave Hogan / Getty

Man I wish I was as skinny as Mick. Gotta love the velvet. She looks like a nice glass of wine. I just love it when she stamps her foot at Mick and prances around with those long legs. She seems to be doing those Irish dances. Look out L'Wren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 05:56 by The Sicilian.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:38

Maybee Mick Taylors problem was that he played MR the way he did in 70´s and didn't listen to Keith and Ronnie. The Stones play it different today.

Posted by: delacey99 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:40

[youtu.be]

midnight rambler

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:41

frozengold
Maybee Mick Taylors problem was that he played MR the way he did in 70´s and didn't listen to Keith and Ronnie. The Stones play it different today.

I think the problem was he wasn't listening to the band he was playing with Sunday night.

I'd hardly call what he played "Midnight Rambler" at all.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:41

frozengold

That did occur to me! In the early '70's, they played it pretty fast, and he likely still has that tempo tattooed on his brain through repetition. If that's the case, he'll need to focus to stay off of autopilot.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:43

[/quote]

Man I wish I was as skinny as Mick. Gotta love the velvet. She looks like a nice glass of wine.[/quote]

I swear Keith wore that same suit c. 1968.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:43

Green Lady, many thanks for a most enjoyable review covering all the bases!

Date: November 30, 2012 05:46

carlorossi
frozengold

That did occur to me! In the early '70's, they played it pretty fast, and he likely still has that tempo tattooed on his brain through repetition. If that's the case, he'll need to focus to stay off of autopilot.

Yeah, listen to live in Brussels. They were faster and more aggressive.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:48

frozengold

Please keep these brilliant observations coming.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:53

delacey99
[youtu.be]

midnight rambler

OK!! So much better, he is listening to the band. His licks sound much sweeter when played in time! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:54

Satisfaction:

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 05:56 by winter.

Date: November 30, 2012 05:55

71Tele
frozengold

I shall do my best, but I really want Blondie Chaplin back on vocals and acoustics.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:01

They actually played it in the right key.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:03

frozengold
I shall do my best, but I really want Blondie Chaplin back on vocals and acoustics.

I thought you were being sarcastic the first time :-) OK, maybe it would fatten up the sound a bit, but for an arena show? Don't need him, imo. Backing vocals, sure, but it's probably not worth his time.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:06

The Sicilian

Whoa... Flashback to 81... the balloons... Micks flag cape....
front row.... brillant colors... spectacularness.... Fkn Stones!!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:07

They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2, welcome back to the RS .... Mr Mick Taylor

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:07

71Tele
frozengold

Well 71Tele, MR has allways been done in tempo 55, so Taylor should know this from even 40 years ago i think the problem is with MT and his followers is they ate some good or maybe i should say bad LSD because i never ended up like this. Maybe they are stuck in what we call the twilight zone!

Date: November 30, 2012 06:08

carlorossi
frozengold

I thought you were being sarcastic the first time :-) OK, maybe it would fatten up the sound a bit, but for an arena show? Don't need him, imo. Backing vocals, sure, but it's probably not worth his time.

Taylor were a lot better tonight, MR has a lots of dynamics se it's a hard song to play.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:09

The Sicilian

And Keith doing a hammer-on thing at the end of his solo? Didn't expect that!

Date: November 30, 2012 06:10

paulywaul
They played the best version of Rambler since MSG 1969 tonight at the O2, welcome back to the RS .... Mr Mick Taylor

I wish they had him out there for Live With Me and Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:10

frozengold
carlorossi
frozengold
No I don't, just some boggie woggie runs here and there

OK, he's not that "present" usually, but when he is, there is an uproar on this board, that's all I was referring to. His sound (as opposed to his skill) really gets to folks in a bad way. Your post is funny (in a good way) because most here will agree with your opinion that they should get rid of him, but they will disagree that you can't hear him. Do a search on this forum for the words "plink", "plonk" and "plinkety". You'll learn all you need to know. :-)

Edit #1: Read the post above mine here for confirmation!
No they need someone on keys but i think mac would be a better choice too frozengold.

I don't think the Stones need a keyboardplayer, maybee in the studio. But I liked Nicky Hopkins bluesy stile.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:12

flairville
I never would have thought but tonight was even better than Sunday. Bliss.

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:12

The Sicilian

Excellent version!!! It was an amazing show, for sure!!! Keith and Mick on FIRE!!!
Can't wait Newark!!!!!

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 06:14 by benstones.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:14

stonesfrkk
MR has allways been done in tempo 55, so Taylor should know this from even 40 years ago i think the problem is with MT and his followers

I don't know about the tempo number, but if you listen to Brussels '73, they start it much faster than they do now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home